45 Of The Most Meaningful Thinking Of You Quotes
Last Updated on
Is there a special someone in your life who is constantly on your mind and in your heart?
Maybe you have a friend or family member occupying your thoughts who is going through a difficult time or who is far away from you.
The people you care about the most have no idea how often you think about them with love, longing, concern, gratitude, or compassion.
They don't know about those moments in the middle of a workday or the middle of the night when you relive a happy memory or wonder where they are and what they are doing.
If you'd like your loved ones to know how much they are on your mind — or if you just need some comfort or inspiration yourself — these 45 “thinking of you quotes” are curated just for you.
You can use them . . .
- In a card or letter to your loved one.
- At the end of a text or email.
- To print on a coffee mug, keychain, or some other keepsake item.
- To write down in your own journal or diary.
- To commit to memory as a reminder of your loved one.
45 Meaningful Thinking Of You Quotes
1. “Time was passing like a hand waving from a train I wanted to be on. I hope you never have to think about anything as much as I think about you.” ― Jonathan Safran Foer
2. “That’s how you know you love someone, I guess when you can’t experience anything without wishing the other person were there to see it, too.” ― Kaui Hart Hemmings
3. “You are the last thought in my mind before I drift off to sleep and the first thought when I wake up each morning.” ― Richard Kronick
4. “Love reckons hours for months, and days for years; and every little absence is an age.” ― John Dryden
5. “When I find myself thinking of you, it is all the good memories that we had that bring a smile to my face.” ― Catherine Pulsifer
6. “Somewhere there's someone who dreams of your smile, and finds in your presence that life is worthwhile, so when you are lonely, remember this is true: somebody, somewhere is thinking of you.” ― Unknown
7. “Maybe if you can't get somebody out of your head, they're supposed to be there.” ― Mollz
8. “When I was thinking of you I realized all the positive influences you had on my life, thank you.” ― B. Rivers
9. “Do you know I never ever feel bored, never ever feel lonely, because you are always in my thoughts, morning, afternoon and night?” ―
10. “You have no idea how hard it is to force myself to stop thinking about you sometimes.” ― Unknown
11. “They say that time heals all wounds but all it’s done so far is give me more time to think about how much I miss you.” ― Ezbeth Wilder
12. “I went to sleep last night thinking about you, I woke up this morning still thinking about you. When I'm down, I whisper your name to myself and smile. I still love you, don't doubt it.” ― Terry Mark
13. “I don’t know what they are called, the spaces between seconds– but I think of you always in those intervals.” ― Salvador Plascencia
Related: 71 Of The Best Missing You Quotes
14. “I wonder how much of the day I spend just callin' after you.” ― Harper Lee
15. “So, here I am, all by myself, thinking of you – no one else. There’s a feeling inside and as hard as I try, it just won’t go away.” ― Angel Hema
16. “Romance is thinking about your significant other, when you are supposed to be thinking about something else.” ― Nicholas Sparks
17. “You have no idea how hard it is to force myself to stop thinking about you.” ― Johnneil Bertrand
18. “I can go days without talking to you, months without seeing you, but not a second goes by that I’m not thinking about you.” ― Anurag Prakash Ray
19. “Though at the moment
we are poles apart
in my thoughts, in my actions
you are in my heart…”
― Manisha Shejwal
20. “I’m thinking of you, that’s all I do, all the time. You’re always the first and the last thing on this heart of mine. No matter where I go, or what I do, I’m thinking of you.” ― Dierks Bentley
21. “Sometimes I just sit in front of the computer dreaming. I have food in front of me but no appetite to eat it. All because my heart misses you and my mind is dreaming about you.” ― Sandra Toms
22. “I still find each day too short for all the thoughts I want to think, all the walks I want to take, all the books I want to read and all the friends I want to see.” ― John Burroughs
23. “One day I caught myself smiling for no reason, then I realized I was thinking of you.” ― Rahul
24. “I’ve learned that waiting is the most difficult bit, and I want to get used to the feeling, knowing that you’re with me, even when you’re not by my side.” ― Paulo Coelho
25. “I wonder if that's just how it feels to miss someone so bad – like being stabbed in the gut a little bit, each time you think of them.” ― Kate Ellison
26. “They say that time heals all wounds but all it’s done so far is give me more time to think about how much I miss you.” ― Elizabeth Wilder
27. “I thought about you all day today and just wanted to let you know, I miss you and I can’t wait to be in your arms again.” ― Salman Khan
28. “I may not be with you at all times, but I want you to know that you are never out of my heart.” ― Unknown
29. “A day without you is like a day without sunshine. A life without you is like a life without music. You are the sunshine on my face and the music in my heart.” ― Alfiya Shaliheen
30. “They say when you are missing someone that they are probably feeling the same, but I don’t think it’s possible for you to miss me as much as I’m missing you right now” ― Edna St. Vincent Millay
31. “Sometimes we are only given a few minutes to be with the one we love, and a thousand hours to spend just thinking about them.” ― Unknown
32. “If instead of a gem, or even a flower, we should cast the gift of a loving thought into the heart of a friend, that would be giving as the angels give.” ― George MacDonald
33. “Words fall short whenever I want to tell you how special you are to me, but all I can say is, that my world is full of smiles whenever I think of you.” ― Natalie Anderson
34. “The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart.” ― Helen Keller
35. “When I think of you, I think of kindness, wisdom, and love. Thanks for being you.” ― Sam Crow
36. “Love is missing someone whenever you’re apart, but somehow feeling warm inside because you’re close in heart.” ― Kay Knudsen
37. “If there comes a day when we can’t be together, keep me in your heart, I will stay there forever.” ― Unknown
38. “No matter how far you manage to go, distance will never be able to erase those beautiful memories. There is so much goodness that we shared together.” ― Lucy Aims
39. “I carry your heart with me (I carry it in my heart).” ― E.E. Cummings
40. “It is by not always thinking of yourself, if you can manage it, that you might somehow be happy. Until you make room in your life for someone as important to you as yourself, you will always be searching and lost.” ― Richard Bach
41. “We are in each other's life for a reason. Thank you for showing up.” — David Avocado Wolfe
42. “Let us be grateful to people who make us happy, they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom.” ― Marcel Proust
43. “I think of you with every waking moment of my life and dream of you with every dream that I have; I miss you.” ― Kong Moua
44. “Thou perchance art thinking now. As I think of thee, and our thoughts in heaven above meet invisibly.” ― J.J. Britton
45. “Did you ever stop to think, and forget to start again?” ― A.A. Milne
Did you find the perfect “thinking of you” quotes for your situation?
There are many people in your life who play different roles in your happiness and life satisfaction.
Your spouse, your significant other, your extended family, your children, your friends — all of these people hold a place in your heart.
At any given time, one or more of them are constantly on your mind, making you aware of how important they are to you and how much you love them.
Who is that person for you right now?
Did you find a quote that resonates with your situation with this person?
You have an opportunity to put your thoughts into thoughtful words by using these quotes to express your love and care.