37 Quotes On Gratitude To Shower People With Love
Studies have proven that showing people your gratitude has immense health benefits — both for the recipient and for the person who is communicating their gratitude.
These health benefits aren't limited to just improving one's social skills, there are physical and emotional benefits as well.
If you feel like it is time to increase the amount of gratitude that you show your loved ones, using quotes from famous people that have been impactful enough to be passed on can be an effective method of doing so.
Here are 37 quotes that may feel inspiring for you to share with the people in your life who continue to help you and who are generous with their time, money, or ideas.
Write one or two of these quotes in a little note to show people how much you love them and are thankful that they are a part of your life.
37 Words Of Gratitude To Shower People With Love
Words of Gratitude Quotes
1. “Learn to be thankful for what you already have, while you pursue all that you want.” ― Jim Rohn
2. “Be thankful for what you have; you’ll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don’t have, you will never, ever have enough.” ― Oprah Winfrey
3. “When I started counting my blessings, my whole life turned around.” ― Willie Nelson
4. “We often take for granted the very things that most deserve our gratitude.” ― Cynthia Ozick
5. “Two kinds of gratitude: The sudden kind we feel for what we take; the larger kind we feel for what we give.” ― Edwin Arlington Robinson
6. “He is a wise man who does not grieve for the things which he has not, but rejoices for those which he has.” ― Epictetus
7. “We can only be said to be alive in those moments when our hearts are conscious of our treasures.” ― Thornton Wilder
8. “Gratitude is riches. Complaint is poverty.” ― Doris Day
9. “At times our own light goes out and is rekindled by a spark from another person. Each of us has cause to think with deep gratitude of those who have lighted the flame within us.” ― Albert Schweitzer
10. “Reflect upon your present blessings, of which every man has plenty; not on your past misfortunes, of which all men have some.” ― Charles Dickens
11. “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorns have roses.” ― Alphonse Karr
Grateful Words of Appreciation
12. “Start each day with a positive thought and a grateful heart.” ― Roy T. Bennett
13. “If the only prayer you said was thank you, that would be enough.” ― Meister Eckhart
14. “When we give cheerfully and accept gratefully, everyone is blessed.” ― Maya Angelou
15. “We must find time to stop and thank the people who make a difference in our lives.” ― John F. Kennedy
16. “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all others.” ― Marcus Tullius Cicero
17. “When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive—to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love—then make that day count!” ― Steve Maraboli
18. “We should certainly count our blessings, but we should also make our blessings count.” ― Neal A. Maxwell
19. “God gave you a gift of 84,600 seconds today. Have you used one of them to say thank you?” ― William Arthur Ward
20. “Breath is the finest gift of nature. Be grateful for this wonderful gift.” ― Amit Ray
21. “Be thankful for your allotment in an imperfect world. Though better circumstances can be imagined, far worse are nearer misses than you probably care to realize.” ― Richelle E. Goodrich
22. “The more you appreciate, the more you have to appreciate.” ― Carma Spence
23. “Gratitude takes less energy than anger.” ― Kristin Cashore
24. “Thank God I have seen an orange sky with purple clouds. How easy it is to forget that we have the privilege of living in God's art gallery.” ― Erica Goros
Gratitude Quotes to Appreciate Someone's Good Work
25. “The highest reward for man’s toil is not what he gets for it, but what he becomes by it.” – John Ruskin
26. “Talent means nothing, while experience, acquired in humility and with hard work, means everything.” – Patrick Suskind
27. “My grandfather once told me that there were two kinds of people: those who do the work and those who take the credit. He told me to try to be in the first group; there was much less competition.” – Indira Gandhi
28. “The three great essentials to achieve anything worthwhile are, first, hard work; second, stick-to-itiveness; third, common sense.” – Thomas A. Edison
29. “Success isn't always about greatness. It's about consistency. Consistent hard work leads to success. Greatness will come.” – Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson
30. “Leadership is more than just being able to cross the t's and dot the i's. It's about character and integrity and work ethic.” – Steve Largent
31. “Hard work spotlights the character of people: some turn up their sleeves, some turn up their noses, and some don't turn up at all.” – Sam Ewing
32. “Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle.” – Abraham Lincoln
33. “If you work hard enough and assert yourself, and use your mind and imagination, you can shape the world to your desires.” – Malcolm Gladwell
34. “Success is no accident. It is hard work, perseverance, learning, studying, sacrifice and most of all, love of what you are doing or learning to do.” – Pele
35. “Any job very well done that has been carried out by a person who is fully dedicated is always a source of inspiration.” – Carlos Ghosn
36. “You changed my life without even trying, and I don’t think I could ever tell you how much you mean to me. I can’t imagine what things would be like if I hadn’t met you.” – Steve Maraboli
37. “You are the best because you brought out the best in us.” -Anonymous
People don’t seem to practice gratitude enough, especially when someone else has gone out of their way to do something kind.
Instead, it is easy to take the important people in our lives for granted and assume that they already know that you are gracious for the things that they do for you.
This often leads us to only thank the people who play an important role in our lives on designated holidays throughout the year instead of showing them the love they deserve even after doing a gesture that is seemingly small.
Use these quotes to show your appreciation by sharing them with a personal message of thanks to the people who have done so much for you.
Sow the seeds of kindness that are bound to spread to others by expressing your gratitude for the small and large gestures they make to improve your life.