You have some ideas on how to compliment your girlfriend.
But when the time comes to deliver them, they sound stale — or silly.
Finding the words to make your girlfriend feel special and adored shouldn’t be so complicated.
Sometimes, though, you could use a little help.
Welcome to our list of 57 of the best compliments to give a woman.
How to Compliment a Woman without Being Cheesy
Knowing the best compliments to give a girl won’t help you if you don’t know how to compliment her the way she likes to be complimented.
And while every woman is different, the following tips are worth considering.
- Stick with the truth. Don’t exaggerate or say what you think she wants to hear about her looks, her personality, etc., to get her in the mood. Be authentic.
- Look her in the eyes. If your eyes are fixed on her chest, every compliment will send the message that her sex appeal is the main reason you’re talking to her.
- Don’t be gross. Sex may be on your mind, but don’t lead with that. Creepy pick-up lines are a big no. Show her you see more than her body and what it can do for you.
- Learn the meaning of finesse. Focus on making her feel heard, loved, and respected. You can’t be on the same page if you’re trying to skip to the end.
- Respect the value of timing. Use the kind of compliment that fits the situation.
- Know her values. Compliments that focus on what’s important to her will be more meaningful and more welcome. Show her you care enough to get to know her.
- Don’t compliment to get something from her. The appropriate compensation for a sincere, no-strings-attached compliment is “Thank you” — not sex (or even a kiss).
- Be confident. A compliment delivered with confidence means more because it feels more decisive and unconditional. A tentative compliment feels forced and weak.
- Avoid size-based compliments. Instead of saying, “That dress makes you look so skinny,” try, “You are rocking that dress!”
57 Compliments for Women
The following compliments for women come with follow-up statements that help explain it. You can use the extra content as an extension of your praise or modify it to better suit her — or better fit your situation.
The compliments are divided into subgroups to help you find just the right compliment for the moment.
Cute Compliments for Her
Cute isn’t the same as cutesy. The goal of these compliments is to make your girlfriend feel good about herself — without her feeling as though you’re undressing her with your eyes or trying to score points.
Give them for the sake of showing your appreciation.
- Just so you know, you’re drop-dead gorgeous without make-up, too. Wearing it is totally up to you, but you don’t need it to look beautiful.
- Do you mind if I call later to see how your day is going? I want to make sure this day is as good for you as you’re making it for me.
- You make me want to cook for you. What sounds good? And when?
- I didn’t feel much like smiling today until I saw you. You’re better than coffee.
- You are so good at [something she’s good at]. Where did you learn how to do that?
- The more I learn about you, the harder I fall. I didn’t think it was possible to be more in love with you than I was an hour ago.
- I always have a great time with you. We should make this a regular thing.
- You look gorgeous from the moment you wake up. And you’re the first thing I want to see in the morning.
- Every night with you is a good night, even if all we do is sleep.
- I like who I am a lot better when I’m with you. Your energy is contagious.
- From now on, all my birthday wishes will be about you. You’re everything I want most.
Sweet Compliments for Her
These are similar to the cute compliments in that they express appreciation. They’re only sweet, though, if they’re delivered with sincerity and without the expectation of a reward.
- I wish I could have met you years ago. My life would have been so much better.
- All I need right now is to be here with you. There's no place I'd rather be.
- That outfit looks fantastic on you. The color, the cut… where did you get that?
- Well, hello, gorgeous! My day just got better. It always gets better with you.
- I didn't know how badly I needed a hug until I saw you. I love your hugs.
- You look beautiful just the way you are. I wouldn't change a thing.
- More than anything, I want you in my life. Nothing else could make up for your not being in my life.
- How is that you look gorgeous, no matter what you're wearing? ‘Nuff said.
- You smell fantastic. Whatever scent you're wearing, I hope you never run out.
- You're a natural leader. I'd follow you anywhere — and not just for the view.
- I'd go anywhere with you. My favorite place in the world is wherever you are.
- I've never met anyone who can do what you do — or as well as you do it. You're a tough act to follow.
- I love how you know how to take a compliment. No false humility. Just grace and a smile that still ties me up in knots.
- Since you bring so much beauty into my life, I'll do what I can to return the favor.
Non-Physical Compliments for Women
Women need to know you value more than what you can perceive with your senses (sight, sound, smell, touch, taste).
These compliments focus on what you “see” in her with your heart, mind, and soul. Show her that you see — and love — the whole person.
- You make me want to be at my best because the best is what you deserve.
- I feel most at home when I’m with you. Wherever we are, as long as you’re there with me, I’m good.
- I love talking to you and listening to you talk. Conversations with you are never dull.
- I love the way your mind works. You’re more than just intelligent. I always learn something from you.
- You bring out the best in me. That’s what you see, even on my off days.
- I feel most like myself when I’m with you. I don’t have to pretend with you.
- You bring out the best in everyone around you. Where did you learn to do that?
- I love your confidence. You don’t apologize for who you are, and I admire that.
- Nothing can keep you down. You’re the most resilient person I know.
- I love the way you make me think. You help me keep my mind open and active.
- Your laughter is my favorite sound in the world. I love laughing with you.
- I love the way you treat people. You’re kind, considerate, and fair to everyone.
- I love the sound of your voice. Whenever I hear it, I feel more awake and calmer at the same time.
Love Compliments for Women
These compliments focus on making the woman in your life feel loved, admired, and of utmost importance.
Show her how your life is immeasurably better with her in it. Show her how she makes you feel when she’s with you, and when she’s not.
- I’m never more proud than when I’m thinking of you. And I’m never more grateful than when I’m with you.
- It’s impossible not to feel better when I think of you. You help me put things in perspective.
- There’s no one whose company I’d rather have than yours. You’re my happy place.
- I’d rather be yours than anything else. You’re the best part of being alive.
- I want to grow old with you. I can’t think of a better adventure than to brave the decades with you.
- How many people are lucky enough to be in love with their best friend? You’re my closest confidante, my rock, and my queen.
- Your company is the best medicine. Every minute spent with you helps me heal.
- Before I met you, I felt alone in the world. I never feel alone with you.
- You help me make better sense of everything. I rely on your wisdom and your unique perception of the world around you.
- You make the perfect traveling companion. You make every journey and every destination a lot more fun than it would be without you.
- You inspire me to cut out of my life everything that’s holding me back –especially anything that’s holding me back from you.
- I have to confess that before we started dating, whenever you made me smile, I thought, “That’s my girl.” It happened a lot. I love that I get to say it out loud now.
Funny Compliments for Women
Compliments can be funny, too. And while it’s not easy to think up compliments that are sure to make her laugh, these should give you some ideas on how to lighten the mood (when appropriate) or make the most of your fun together.
- That color lipstick looks great with your skin tone. Let’s see how it looks on mine.
- I wish you saw yourself as I saw you, but then you’d probably spend all day looking at yourself and smiling. You’d be as much in love with yourself as I am.
- You make me feel like a superhero. Today, my superpower is knowing when to show up with take-out and cheesecake.
- Something about you makes me want to kiss you every time I look at you. But I don’t, because I love talking with you too much.
- I’ve never needed alcohol or even coffee to have a good time with you. So much for wasting money on self-medicating.
- Whenever I used to say, “There's no such thing as a soulmate,” it's clear that I hadn't met you. Now I can't say that anymore.
- I now have a mental soundtrack that plays while I’m thinking of you. And it never stops. Come on over, and let’s dance to it.
How and when will you use the compliments for women?
Now that you’ve looked through these 57 thoughtful compliments for women, which ones are you most likely to use with the woman you love?
Which of them say what you’ve been trying to say or have wanted to say more clearly? Which are best for nights out or for staying home together?
Choose a few favorites, and share at least one of them with her today. Even if she doesn’t return the favor at that moment, if the love is mutual, your words will matter.
May every earnest compliment draw you closer together.