Today, let’s talk about cute messages to send to your boyfriend while he’s sleeping.
Why send texts when you know the recipient won’t get them right away?
Think about it: Who doesn’t enjoy reading romantic, thoughtful messages upon waking up?
First, we’ll do a strategy review and then look at 57 rise-and-shine texts that will remind your guy how much you care for him.
What Should I Text My Boyfriend When He’s Sleeping?
Texting your boyfriend while he’s sleeping is sweet.
But what should you say?
Before composing and pressing send, let’s first consider a few categories of as-you-slumber messages.
- I Love You: A well-placed “I love you” message has the power to brighten your boyfriend’s day. But don’t go overboard. If you send them daily, the gesture loses its punch.
- Don’t Forget: An early morning reminder sprinkled with affection works well if you need your man to be somewhere or do something that day.
- Just Thinking of You: If you’re not at the “I love you” stage, a “thinking of you” message is the right choice. Make it sweet or sassy — the choice is yours.
- Silly: Every text doesn’t need to be filled with roses and sweet nothings. Sometimes, a little silliness hits the spot.
- I’m Sorry: Did you mess up? Send him a message while he’s sleeping to apologize. It’ll be a nice surprise for him when he wakes; plus, it gives you some space to say you’re sorry without immediately discussing the incident.
- Change of Plans: Are you meeting at 7:30 p.m. instead of 7 p.m.? Did the restaurant change? A cute wake-up text could let him know.
- Good Luck: Does he have a big presentation or meeting? What better way to start the day than with a good luck message of encouragement from you!? It’s thoughtful.
57 “I Know You’re Asleep But” Text Messages for Him
Hey-I-know-you’re-asleep texts are a fun way to let your man know he’s on your mind. But what should you say? We’ve got you covered.
1. Hey babe. I know you’re asleep, but I wanted to be the first to say “hi” when you woke up.
2. You’re in dreamland now, but when you awake, know that I thought of you all night.
3. Did you have sweet dreams? I hope so — as long as you weren’t dreaming of other people!
4. I love you so much that I had to send this text while you were sleeping.
5. Guess who just woke up from the best dream about you: me!
6. You need your beauty sleep, so I hope this doesn’t wake you. But I’m sending a quick note to let you know you’re the best.
7. I cannot believe how adorable you look lying next to me right now. I want to pinch your cheeks but I am sending this text instead.
8. I know you’re sleeping, but I wanted to be the first to declare my love for you today. Good morning!
9. Up and at ‘em, [insert nickname]! Let me be the first to let you know that our dinner plans have changed from [insert time change].
10. I hope you Slept well! And I hope you’re not upset when I tell you something came up tonight.
11. Good morning, Sunshine! Let’s meet at [insert place] instead of [insert place] this afternoon for our hike.
12. Change of plans, Sleepyhead! Meet us at [insert place] instead of [insert place]. Chris isn’t a sushi fan.
13. I hate to hit you with annoying news first thing in the morning, but we need to switch things around tonight.
14. Did you dream well? I hope so.
15. Did your alarm wake you gently? Regardless, I would have done a better job.
16. I know you’re asleep, yet you still light up my life. I’m so lucky to have you.
17. Look at me being all lovey-dovey. You’re asleep, yet I’m awake daydreaming of you!
18. It’s time to get up in the morning! Did I knowingly send this while I knew you were sleeping? Guilty as charged.
19. Are you the type of guy who likes getting “thinking of you” messages when you wake up? I hope so because I’m sending one now.
20. Thinking of you always puts a smile on my face.
More Related Articles
21. I’m certain you’re sleeping but know you’re the man of my dreams.
22. You looked so good today. It’s after midnight, and I can’t get to bed because you’re racing through my mind!
23. I’m looking forward to the day we stop texting at night and say “sweet dreams” in person.
24. I cannot stop thinking of you — and it’s 3 a.m.
25. Insomnia has struck. Thank god I have you to think about.
26. I’m so glad I met you, and I hope you feel the same. I hope your night was superb.
27. Good morning to the person who’s on my mind 24 hours a day.
28. Thinking of you cozily tucked away in your bed warms my heart. I only wish you were holding onto me!
29. I wish I were lying next to you at this very moment. Instead, I’m texting.
30. Call me clingy — actually, don’t. Because I’m not. But something’s up because here I am texting you sweet nothings even though you’re sleeping. Boy, I’ve got it bad for you!
31. Sweet dreams to the man who brightens my days.
32. I would give my [insert something special] to be cuddling with you right now.
33. I bet you’re snoring right now, and even that makes me smile.
34. You must be passed out after today. I just wanted to say thanks again. You’re a rock star.
35. The memory of your laugh is keeping me awake! I hope you’re getting some sleep.
36. I may not be right next to you. But when I close my eyes, all I see is you.
37. I just had a nightmare; I wish you were here to make it all better.
38. I love you, and I’m so sorry about today. I hope a good night’s sleep cooled you off.
39. Sometimes I mess up, like today. But I wanted to make sure that my apology was the first thing you saw in the morning.
40. Please don’t hold a grudge about yesterday. Hopefully, you had sweet dreams and feel better today.
41. Today is a new day, so let’s start fresh. Sorry about last night.
42. Are you refreshed after a good night’s sleep? Good luck today!
43. Here I am, thinking of you before I fall asleep.
44. Consider this a midnight kiss from your favorite girl.
45. Two spoons are better than one. Wishing you were here.
46. Hey, you. I’m thrilled you’re mine. I hope you had a great night’s sleep.
47. Call me after your shower. I have great news!
48. You may wake up first, but I’m always the first to say, “I love you!”
49. You’re so much better than this weighted blanket. I wish you were here — or I was there.
50. I cannot sleep! See you tomorrow — or today, depending on when you’re reading this.
51. I need to ply myself with coffee tomorrow because I’ve been up all night thinking of you.
52. Today is a new day, so let’s forget about yesterday.
53. I feel your presence even in the wee hours of the night.
54. I’m lying on my bed right now thinking of you. I hope you’re dreaming of me!
55. I’m so sorry I was the cause of your unhappiness yesterday. I hope you can forgive me today.
56. Nighttime is the right time for thinking about you.
57. This is just a simple message to make you smile when you wake up. Cheers, handsome!
Sending a while-he’s-sleeping text message is lovely and sweet when done sparingly. Take our advice, and please don’t overdo it. Sending one every night is smothering, not smooth!