The Official Bio
Barrie Davenport is the founder of the top-ranked self-improvement site, Live Bold and Bloom, established in 2010. She's the author of hundreds of personal development articles and has been a featured thought leader in Good Housekeeping, Huffington Post, MariaShriver.com, and many more sites.
Barrie is a certified life coach, self-improvement course creator, and bestselling author of multiple books on relationship skills, emotional abuse, self-confidence, mindfulness, and more. Two of her books have been Wall Street Journal bestsellers.
Barrie was formerly a public relations executive and consultant in New York and Atlanta.
Some of her books include:
- Mindful Relationship Habits: 25 Practices for Couples to Enhance Intimacy, Nurture Closeness, and Grow a Deeper Connection
- Signs of Emotional Abuse: How to Recognize the Patterns of Narcissism, Manipulation, and Control in Your Love Relationship
- Building Confidence: Get Motivated, Overcome Social Fear, Be Assertive, and Empower Your Life For Success.
- The Mindfulness Journal: Daily Practices, Writing Prompts, and Reflections for Living in the Present Moment
Barrie is the creator and teacher of the following self-improvement courses:
A Note from Barrie
I'm all about self-improvement with feet — self-improvement that involves daily action rather than just reading, navel-gazing, and hoping.
Through my personal experiences and my work as a coach and teacher, I've learned that with making positive change, some methods work and some don't.
If you are looking for things that work, you've come to the right place.
Like me, you want strategies with real-world application, not fluff or unproven ideas that sound nice but leave you empty-handed. At Live Bold and Bloom, and in my books and courses, you'll find scientifically-supported, proven techniques for real, quantifiable change.
All of us have challenges and difficulties we face. We have goals and dreams we want to accomplish. As a life-long truth seeker, I'm always looking for the best ways to manage challenges, minimize suffering, and find joy and fulfillment in life.
I'm still a work-in-progress myself, but I'm happy to use my “life experiments” as a resource for sharing ideas with you.
Who will benefit?
I've designed Live Bold and Bloom to benefit you if you want to:
- Learn better relationship skills and social skills
- Develop good character traits and emotional intelligence
- Discover more about yourself and your personality type
- Learn how to meet new people
- Manage and move on from emotional abuse and toxic relationships
- Break free from dysfunctional and draining people
- Build a growth mindset and positive attitude
- Strengthen confidence and self-esteem
- Discover interesting hobbies and find your passion
- Better cope with emotional issues and life challenges
- Become more mindful, present, and peaceful in their lives
- Learn new skills, like writing, to communicate more effectively
Some Personal Background
If you want to know a little more about me, here's the Cliff Notes summary. I was born and raised in Atlanta, Georgia, went to Furman University in Greenville, S.C. with a major in English and minor in Philosophy. I spent over 20 years as a public relations professional in Atlanta and New York.
I had a PR consultancy for a while in Atlanta, then stopped to raise kids, then started it again, then stopped to become a personal coach and start my online business (best decision EVER).
I have three young adult kids still in the Atlanta area, but I moved to Asheville, North Carolina, in 2016 with my business partner and fiance, Ron. Together we also run several other online sites and businesses.
When I'm not writing, teaching, or reading, I like to hang with family and friends, hike in the North Carolina mountains, bike, travel, read, knit, and eat great food.