Hi I'm Barrie, and I'm all about personal development with feet — personal development that involves action, not just reading, navel-gazing, and hoping.
Through my own experiences and my work as a coach and teacher, I've discovered when it comes to positive change, there are things that work and things that don't.
If you are looking for things that work, you've come to the right place.
Like me, you want strategies with real-world application, not fluff or “woo woo” ideas that sound nice but leave you empty-handed.
All of us have challenges and difficulties we face. We have goals and dreams we want to accomplish.
As a life-long truth seeker, I'm always looking for the best ways to manage challenges, minimize suffering, and find joy and fulfillment in life.
I'm still a work-in-progress myself, but I'm happy to use my “life experiments” as a resource for sharing ideas with you.
Who will benefit?
I've designed Live Bold and Bloom to benefit those who want to:
- Improve their self-awareness and emotional intelligence
- Learn better relationship goals and listening skills
- Learn how to manage and move on from toxic relationships
- Break free from dysfunctional and draining people
- Strengthen their confidence and self-esteem
- Find their passion and pursue work they love
- Create good habits for mental and physical health
- Better cope with emotional issues and life challenges
- Become more mindful, present, and peaceful in their lives
- Learn new skills, like writing, to communicate more effectively
- Embrace new character traits, particularly for highly sensitive people, empaths, and introverts
A personal note
If you want to know a little more about me, here's the Cliff Notes summary. I spent over 20 years as a public relations professional in Atlanta and New York.
I had a PR consultancy for a while, then stopped to raise kids, then started it again, then stopped to become a personal coach and start my online business (best decision EVER).
I have 3 young adult kids still in the Atlanta area, but I've recently moved to Asheville, North Carolina, with the love of my life.
When I'm not writing, teaching, or reading, I like to tell dirty jokes, hang with family and friends, hike in the North Carolina mountains, bike, travel, pet the dog, and eat great food.
Featured In . . .
The Huffington Post Finer Minds Tiny Buddha Think Traffic Zen Habits The Change Blog Successful Blogging Change Your Thoughts Problogger Write to Done Goodlife Zen Marc and Angel Hack Life Zen Family Habits Pick the Brain Make It Happen Momentum Gathering The Power of Choice Unwrap Your Mind My Super-Charged Life Maria Shriver