131 Of The Best Inspirational I Love You Quotes For Him Or Her
Are you looking for the perfect “I love you” quotes to describe that indescribable feeling?
When you're in love, you're eager to express to your partner the depth of your emotions. You want your partner to know how much you love him or her, but it can be hard to come up with the right words.
Fortunately, many writers, mystics, and thought leaders have given us the gift of good love quotes and cute sayings that you can share with your partner or craft into your own words.
Communicating some of these romantic love sayings can make your partner's day and show your beloved how much you care.
We've curated some of the most beautiful quotes about love and romantic sayings to guarantee your partner will know exactly how you feel. Here are some of the best quotes on love that are inspiring, romantic, and passionate.
Quick note: Having good communication on a date and in a relationship is an important skill to develop. To learn more, check out this course that is helping couples learn healthy communication skills.
131 Of The Best Inspirational I Love You Quotes For Him Or Her
Cute I Love You Quotes
Looking for some cute love quotes to put a sparkle in your lover's eye? Here are some perfect quotes for the one you love that are charming and sweet.
1. “The best love is the kind that awakens the soul; that makes us reach for more, that plants the fire in our hearts and brings peace to our minds. That’s what I hope to give you forever.” – The Notebook
2. “When I say I love you more, I don't mean I love you more than you love me. I mean I love you more than the bad days ahead of us, I love you more than any fight we will ever have. I love you more than the distance between us, I love you more than any obstacle that could try and come between us. I love you the most.” – Unknown
3. “Sometimes I can’t see myself when I’m with you. I can only just see you.” – Jodi Lynn Anderson
4. “There is never a time or place for true love. It happens accidentally, in a heartbeat, in a single flashing, throbbing moment.” – Sarah Dessen
5. “I’ve realized that the Beatles got it wrong. Love isn’t all we need—love is all there is.” – Morgan Matson
6. “To have been loved so deeply, even though the person who loved us is gone, will give us some protection forever. It is in your very skin.” – J.K. Rowling
7. “Maybe you don't need the whole world to love you. You know? Maybe you just need one person.” – Kermit the Frog
8. “Thinking of you keeps me awake. Dreaming of you keeps me asleep. Being with you keeps me alive.“ – Unknown
9. “I love you, and I will love you until I die, and if there’s a life after that, I’ll love you then.“ – Cassandra Clare
10. “I love you, not only for what you are, but for what I am when I am with you.“ – Roy Croft
11. “There is a madness in loving you, a lack of reason that makes it feel so flawless.“ – Leo Christopher
12. “Love lets you find those hidden places in another person, even the ones they didn’t know were there, even the ones they wouldn’t have thought to call beautiful themselves.” – Hilary T. Smith
13. “I knew the second I met you that there was something about you I needed. Turns out it wasn’t something about you at all. It was just you.” – Jamie McGuire
14. “I’m in love with you, and I know that love is just a shout into the void, and that oblivion is inevitable, and that we’re all doomed and that there will come a day when all our labor has been returned to dust, and I know the sun will swallow the only earth we’ll ever have, and I am in love with you.” – John Green
15. “I hope you know that every time I tell you to get home safe, stay warm, have a good day, or sleep well what I am really saying is I love you. I love you so much that it is starting to steal other words' meanings.” – Open 365
Short I Love You Quotes
Quotes about saying I love you don't have to be overly wordy. Short love quotes can express the depth of your feelings in just a few words.
16. “The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved; loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves.” – Victor Hugo
17. “The best and most beautiful things in this world cannot be seen or even heard, but must be felt with the heart.” – Helen Keller
18. “I saw that you were perfect, and so I loved you. Then I saw that you were not perfect and I loved you even more.” – Angelita Lim
19. “There's no substitute for a great love who says, ‘No matter what's wrong with you, you're welcome at this table.'” – Tom Hanks
20. “If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day so I never have to live without you.” – A. A. Milne
21. “If I know what love is, it is because of you.” – Herman Hesse
22. “I swear I couldn't love you more than I do right now, and yet I know I will tomorrow.” – Leo Christopher
23. “You don't love someone for their looks, or their clothes, or for their fancy car, but because they sing a song only you can hear.” – Oscar Wilde
24. “Better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.” – Ernest Hemingway
25. “When love is not madness it is not love.” – Pedro Calderon
26. “I would rather spend one lifetime with you, than face all the ages of this world alone.” – Lord of the Rings
27. “I choose you. And I'll choose you over and over and over. Without pause, without a doubt, in a heartbeat. I'll keep choosing you.” – Anonymous
28. “The heart wants what it wants. There's no logic to these things. You meet someone and you fall in love and that's that.” – Woody Allen
29. “To love is nothing. To be loved is something. But to love and be loved, that’s everything.” – T. Tolis
30. “All, everything that I understand, I only understand because I love.” – Leo Tolstoy
I Love You Quotes for Him
A memorable quote on loving someone should be perfectly crafted for the man in your life. Keeping the guys in mind, we've selected the following love quotes for him.
31. “I say this to you now: I love you, with no beginning, no end. I love you as you have become an extra necessary organ in my body. I love you as only a girl could love a boy. Without fear. Without expectations.” – Jamie Weise
32. “If rain drops were kisses, I'd send you showers. If hugs were seas, I'd send you oceans. And if love was a person I'd send you me.” – Emily Bronte
33. “Love is supposed to be based on trust, and trust on love, it's something rare and beautiful when people can confide in each other without fearing what the other person will think.” – E.A. Bucchianeri
34. “I love you. I am at rest with you. I have come home.” – Dorothy Sayers
35. “I love you, in my mind where my thoughts reside, in my heart where my emotions live, and in my soul where my dreams are born. I love you.” – Dee Henderson
36. “I never knew what love was until I met you, then when distance pulled us apart, I found out what true love is.” – Unknown
37. “I love you not because of anything you have, but because of something that I feel when I’m near you.” – Unknown
38. “There are only two times that I want to be with you – Now and Forever.” – Unknown
39. “The first day you came into my life, I realized that you will stay here until the end.” – Unknown
40. “A successful marriage requires falling in love many times, always with the same person.” – Mignon McLaughlin
41. “There is never a time or place for true love. It happens accidentally, in a heartbeat, in a single flashing, throbbing moment.” – Sarah Dessen
42. “Love is that condition in which the happiness of another person is essential to your own.” – Robert A. Heinlein
43. “One is loved because one is loved. No reason is needed for loving.” – Paulo Coelho
44. “You are, and always have been, my dream.” – Nicholas Sparks
45. “When I saw you, I was afraid to meet you. When I met you, I was afraid to kiss you. When I kissed you, I was afraid to love you. Now that I love you, I'm afraid to lose you.” – Rene Yasenek
I Love You Quotes for Her
We can't leave out the ladies. Here are some quotations about love that you can offer the beautiful woman in your life.
46. “I never had a moment's doubt. I love you. I believe in you completely. You are my dearest one. My reason for life.” – Ian McEwan
47. “I love you more than I have ever found a way to say to you.” – Unknown
48. “Tonight I can only say that I love you too well for my peace of mind, and that absence from you is death to me.” – Honore de Balzac
49. “I love you without knowing how, or when, or from where. I love you straight forwardly, without complexities or pride; so I love you because I know no other way.” – Pablo Neruda
50. “Immature love says I love you because I need you. Mature love says I need you because I love you.” – Erich Fromm
51. “I love you much (most beautiful darling) more than anyone on the earth and I like you better than everything in the sky.” – E.E. Cummings
52. “I love you. I am who I am because of you. You are every reason, every hope, and every dream I’ve ever had, and no matter what happens to us in the future, every day we are together is the greatest day of my life. I will always be yours.” – Nicholas Sparks
53. “When I tell you I love you, I don’t say it out of habit. I say it to remind you that you are the best thing that has ever happened to me.” – Unknown
54. “When I tell you I love you, I don’t say it out of habit. I say it to remind you that you are the best thing that has ever happened to me.” – Nikhil Saluja
55. “I love you more than I have ever found a way to say to you.” – Ben Folds Five
56. “So, I love you because the entire universe conspired to help me find you.” – Paulo Coelho
57. “Do I love you? My God, if your love were a grain of sand, mine would be a universe of beaches.” – William Goldman
58. “The Sun loved the Moon so much he died every night just to let her breathe.” – Unknown
59. “I still haven't figured out how to sit across from you, and not be madly in love with everything you do.” – William C. Hannan
60. “I love you neither with my heart, nor with my mind. My heart might stop, my mind can forget. I love you with my soul because my soul never stops or forgets.” – Rumi
Why I Love You Quotes
Sometimes it's important to let your partner know the reason you love him or her. These love words focus on why you are so smitten with your sweetie.
61. “You are the source of my joy, the center of my world and the whole of my heart.” – Unknown
62. “My six word love story: I can’t imagine life without you.” – Anonymous
63. “I love you not only for what you are, but for what I am when I am with you.” – Roy Croft
64. “And then my soul saw you and it kind of went, “Oh, there you are. I’ve been looking all over for you.” – Unknown
65. It was the way you laughed, I knew I wanted that in my life. – R. M. Drake
66. “So, I love you because the entire universe conspired to help me find you.” – Paulo Coelho
67. “When someone loves you, the way they talk about you is different. You feel safe and comfortable.” ― Jess C. Scott
68. “Once upon a time there was a boy who loved a girl, and her laughter was a question he wanted to spend his whole life answering.”― Nicole Krauss
69. “I know I am in love with you because my reality is finally better than my dreams.” – Unknown
Funny I Love You Quotes
A good quote about loving someone so much doesn't always have to be serious. Inject a bit of humor in your love words with these quotes.
70. “I love you as certain dark things are to be loved, in secret, between the shadow and the soul.” – Pablo Neruda
71. “Women are meant to be loved, not to be understood.” – Oscar Wilde
72. “I would rather spend one lifetime with you, than face all the ages of this world alone.” – J.R.R. Tolkien
73. “A purpose of human life, no matter who is controlling it, is to love whoever is around to be loved.” – Kurt Vonnegut
74. “Love is the strange bewilderment which overtakes one person on account of another person.” – James Thurber
75. “Flatter me, and I may not believe you. Criticize me, and I may not like you. Ignore me, and I may not forgive you. Encourage me, and I will not forget you. Love me and I may be forced to love you.” – William Arthur Ward
76. “Love is a lot like a backache, it doesn’t show up on X-rays, but you know it’s there.” – George Burns
77. “I love you more than coffee, but please don’t make me prove it.” – Elizabeth Evans
78. “There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness.” – Friedrich Nietzsche
79. “We’re all a little weird. And life is a little weird. And when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall into mutually satisfying weirdness—and call it love—true love.” – Robert Fulghum
80. “Love is an ocean of emotions entirely surrounded by expenses.” – Thomas Dewar
81. “Love recognizes no barriers. It jumps hurdles, leaps fences, penetrates walls to arrive at its destination full of hope.” — Maya Angelou
82. “All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn’t hurt.” – Charles Schulz
83. “I love you like a fat kid loves cake.” — Scott Adams
84. “It was love at first sight, at last sight, at ever and ever sight.” — Vladimir Nabokov
85. “We're all a little weird, and life's a little weird. And when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love.” — Dr. Seuss
86. “In case you ever foolishly forget: I am never not thinking of you.” — Virginia Woolf
87. “She's the kind of magic that you marry.” — Adrian Michael
88. “Love is friendship that has caught on fire.” – Ann Landers
89. “Love is something sent from heaven to worry the hell out of you.” – Dolly Parton
90. “Love is like the wind, you can't see it but you can feel it.” – Nicholas Sparks
Romantic I Love You Quotes
Romantic I love you words will sweep her off her feet and show her the depth of your feelings.
91. “As he read, I fell in love the way you fall asleep: slowly, and then all at once.” – John Green
92. “You know you’re in love when you can’t fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.” – Dr. Seuss
93. “Romance is the glamour which turns the dust of everyday life into a golden haze.” – Elinor Glyn
94. “You are my heart, my life, my one and only thought.” – Arthur Conan Doyle
95. “Love is when you meet someone who tells you something new about yourself.” – Andre Breton
96. “For you see, each day I love you more, today more than yesterday and less than tomorrow.” — Rosemonde Gerard
97. “You have me. Until every last star in the galaxy dies. You have me.” — Amie Kaufman
98. “We loved with a love that was more than love.” — Edgar Allan Poe
99. “It was rather beautiful: the way he put her insecurities to sleep, the way he dove into her eyes and starved all the fears and tasted all the dreams she kept coiled beneath her bones.” — Christopher Poindexter
100. “I wasn’t expecting you. I didn’t think that we would end up together. The single most extraordinary thing I’ve ever done with my life is fall in love with you. I’ve never been seen so completely, loved so passionately and protected so fiercely.” – Beth Pearson
101. “I love that you are my person and I am yours, that whatever door we come to, we will open it together.” – A.R. Asher
102. “When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible.” – Harry Burns
103. “The best love is the kind that awakens the soul; that makes us reach for more, that plants the fire in our hearts and brings peace to our minds. That’s what I hope to give you forever.” – Noah Calhoun
104. “Love starts as a feeling, but to continue is a choice. And I find myself choosing you, more and more every day.” – Justin Wetch
105. “You don't love someone because they're perfect, you love them in spite of the fact that they're not.” – Jodi Picoult
106. “Love isn't something you find. Love is something that finds you.” – Loretta Young
107. “It is the most wonderful feeling in the world, you know, knowing you are loved and wanted.” – Jayne Mansfield
108. “To the world you may be one person, but to one person you are the world.” – Bill Wilson
109. “When we are in love we seem to ourselves quite different from what we were before.”— Blaise Pascal
110. “Lots of people want to ride with you in the limo, but what you want is someone who will take the bus with you when the limo breaks down.” — Oprah Winfrey
Sweetest I Love You Quotes
If you want him to know the tenderness of your feelings, these sweet I love you quotes will make his heart glow.
111. “I love you not only for what you are, but for what I am when I am with you. I love you not only for what you have made of yourself, but for what you are making of me. I love you for the part of me that you bring out.” – Elizabeth Barrett Browning
112. “I fell in love with her courage, her sincerity, and her flaming self-respect. And it’s these things I’d believe in, even if the whole world indulged in wild suspicions that she wasn’t all she should be. I love her and it is the beginning of everything.” – F. Scott Fitzgerald
113. “How do I love thee? Let me count the ways. I love thee to the depth and breadth and height My soul can reach.” – Elizabeth Barrett Browning
114. “You know it’s love when all you want is that person to be happy, even if you’re not part of their happiness.” – Julia Roberts
115. “In all the world, there is no heart for me like yours. In all the world, there is no love for you like mine.” — Maya Angelou
116. “Goodbyes are only for those who love with their eyes. Because for those who love with heart and soul there is no such thing as separation.” — Rumi
117. “She knew she loved him when ‘home' went from being a place to being a person.” — E. Leventhal
118. “For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul.” — Judy Garland
119. “Love planted a rose, and the world turned sweet.” – Katharine Lee Bates
120. “A kiss is a lovely trick designed by nature to stop speech when words become superfluous.” – Ingrid Bergman
121. “They say when you meet the love of your life, time stops, and that’s true.” – Daniel Wallace
123. “The water shines only by the sun. And it is you who are my sun.” – Charles de Leusse
124. “I love you begins by I, but it ends up by you.” ― Charles de Leusse
125. “You don't have to have a ring on your finger to say, ‘I love you.'” – Tyra Banks
126. “You are every reason, every hope and every dream I’ve ever had.” – Nicolas Sparks
127. “My love for you is past the mind, beyond my heart, and into my soul.” – Boris Kodjoe
128. “I will never be perfect for you, but I will always imperfectly try to be.” – Atticus
129. “What I write comes from a place of deep love, and a deep understanding of all kinds of otherness.” – Jacqueline Woodson
130. “Love asks me no questions, and gives me endless support.” – William Shakespeare
131. “Love is breathing each other with all madness” ― Seema Gupta
More Related Articles:
What was your favorite love quote?
While there are a lot of non-verbal ways that you can express your love, finding a perfect love quote that summarizes exactly how you feel is powerful.
- Why not choose the best love quotes you've found here and share them with your partner in a card, text, or message?
- Try saying one of these love you quotes every day as a special ritual you share with your lover.
- Or you could surprise your beloved writing a quote to say I love you on a sticky note and placing it where he or she will see it.
Don't hold your feelings of love inside. Find a beautiful love quote that expresses your tender feelings for your special person and share it today.
Boost Your Confidence Daily
Want to feel more self-assured and motivated?
If so, then check out my FREE Report “99 Confidence Hacks To Massively Boost Your Confidence“.
Low confidence might be holding you back or infecting your relationships or work performance.
With these 99 Confidence Hacks, you’ll enjoy proven tips in ten key areas to give you clarity on your confidence roadblocks. You'll be able to challenge yourself to take small, manageable actions to boost your confidence.
Click here to download your report.