99 Of The Best Motivational Quotes For Students
Being a student can be overwhelming.
You're trying to juggle work, studying for exams, homework, making it to class on time, and having a social life.
Sometimes you just want to catch a break, and you may even go through periods in which you want to quit altogether.
When you're so busy, with so many demands on your time and energy, it's hard to step back and assess everything that's going on.
Only when you finally hit the wall with stress or exhaustion do you realize you may be burning the candle at both ends, making you wonder if it's all worth the effort.
Where do you find the motivation and ambition to keep going when you feel burned out?
Sometimes you can be inspired by fellow students, a teacher or professor, or even your parents. Having a goal for your future can give you a reason for working hard and being disciplined with your school work.
But in the quiet of late night when you're alone with your thoughts and feelings, it's nice to have some words of wisdom to turn to when you're uninspired, unmotivated, or overwhelmed. The right inspirational words at the right time can give you the boost you need to galvanize your energy and charge forward.
Here are some motivational studying quotes that you can keep handy for those times when you need a mental or emotional boost.
Quick note: Studies show people earn more when they boost their self-confidence. Confidence is a skill that you can improve. To learn more, check out this course that can help you grow your confidence at work and home.
99 of The Best Motivational Quotes For Students
Motivational Quotes for Students' Success
Motivation and inspiration are a very important factor in school success. Students need to know why they are learning and feel a passion to absorb and understand the information.
Motivation is the need or drive that energizes a student's behavior toward success in school.
If the motivation can come from within the student, success is inevitable because of the joy and sense of satisfaction that will be gained from learning new material. Here are study quotes to inspire students to become intrinsically motivated to succeed.
1. “Failure will never overtake me if my determination to succeed is strong enough.” – Og Mandino
2. “If you want to achieve excellence, you can get there today. As of this second, quit doing less-than-excellent work.” – Thomas J. Watson
Free 90-Day Gratitude Journal
Would you like to start now with practicing gratitude journaling?
If so, then download this free digital version of my best-selling journal called “The 90-Day Gratitude Journal: A Mindful Practice for a Lifetime of Happiness.”
This 90-day journal will help you build an important daily habit of thankfulness and gratitude. Learn to re-discover all the glorious things that are already in your life.
Simply click the button below to get your copy:
3. “You may only succeed if you desire succeeding; you may only fail if you do not mind failing.” – Philippos
4. “People who succeed have momentum. The more they succeed, the more they want to succeed, and the more they find a way to succeed. Similarly, when someone is failing, the tendency is to get on a downward spiral that can even become a self-fulfilling prophecy.” – Tony Robbins
5. “Develop success from failures. Discouragement and failure are two of the surest stepping stones to success.” – Dale Carnegie
6. “To be successful you must accept all challenges that come your way. You can’t just accept the ones you like.” – Mike Gafka
7. “Success doesn’t come to you, you’ve got to go to it.” – Marva Collins
8. “Keep on going, and the chances are that you will stumble on something, perhaps when you are least expecting it. I never heard of anyone ever stumbling on something sitting down.” – Charles F. Kettering
9. “Successful and unsuccessful people do not vary greatly in their abilities. They vary in their desires to reach their potential.” – John Maxwell
10. “I hear, and I forget. I see, and I remember. I do, and I understand.” – Chinese Proverb
11. “Success means having the courage, the determination, and the will to become the person you believe you were meant to be.” – George Sheehan
12. “Aim for success, not perfection. Never give up your right to be wrong, because then you will lose the ability to learn new things and move forward with your life. Remember that fear always lurks behind perfectionism.” – Dr. David M. Burns
13. “Success is no accident. It is hard work, perseverance, learning, studying, sacrifice, and most of all, love of what you are doing or learning to do.” – Pele
14. “Coming together is a beginning; keeping together is progress; working together is success.” – Edward Everett Hale
15. “Self-belief and hard work will always earn you success.” – Virat Kohli
16. “The secret of your success is determined by your daily agenda.” – John C. Maxwell
17. “If you don’t go after what you want, you’ll never have it. If you don’t ask, the answer is always no. If you don’t step forward, you’re always in the same place.” – Nora Roberts
18. “Believe in yourself and all that you are. Know that there is something inside you that is greater than any obstacle.” – Christian D. Larson
19. “If you want to succeed as much as you want to breathe, then you will be successful.” – Eric Thomas
20. “It's not whether you get knocked down, it's whether you get back up.” – Vince Lombardi
21. “Don’t let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.” – John Wooden
22. “Would you like me to give you a formula for success? It's quite simple, really: Double your rate of failure. You are thinking of failure as the enemy of success. But it isn't at all. You can be discouraged by failure or you can learn from it, so go ahead and make mistakes. Make all you can. Because remember that's where you will find success.” – Thomas J. Watson
23. “Successful people do what unsuccessful people are not willing to do. Don't wish it were easier; wish you were better.” – Jim Rohn
24. “The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack in will.” – Vince Lombardi
Motivational Quotes for Students by Famous People
Famous people have found success in some way and have uncovered the motivation within themselves to work toward their goals.
These motivational quotes for students from famous people can help you apply their mindsets and actions to your life as you strive to do the best you can in school.
25. “The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing.” – Walt Disney
26. “If you can't fly, then run. If you can't run, then walk. If you can't walk, then crawl, but whatever you do, you have to keep moving forward.” – Martin Luther King, Jr.
27. “If you set your goals ridiculously high and it's a failure, you will fail above everyone else's success.” – James Cameron
28. “The successful warrior is the average man, with laser-like focus.” – Bruce Lee
29. “Education is the passport to the future, for tomorrow belongs to those who prepare for it today.” – Malcolm X
30. “I've failed over and over and over in my life and that is why I succeed.” – Michael Jordan
31. “There will be doubters, there will be obstacles, there will be mistakes. But, with hard work, there are no limits.” – Michael Phelps
32. “Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence.” – Helen Keller
33. “Action is the foundational key to all success.” – Pablo Picasso
34. “You just can’t beat the person who never gives up.” – Babe Ruth
35. “Success is most often achieved by those who don't know that failure is inevitable.” – Coco Chanel
36. “Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life — think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. Let the brain, muscles, nerves, every part of your body be full of that idea, and just leave every other idea alone. This is the way to success.” – Swami Vivekananda
37. “A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him.” – David Brinkley
38. “Failure is another stepping stone to greatness.” – Oprah Winfrey
39. “If you're not stubborn, you'll give up on experiments too soon. And if you're not flexible, you'll pound your head against the wall and you won't see a different solution to a problem you're trying to solve.” – Jeff Bezos
40. “You miss 100 percent of the shots you don't take.” – Wayne Gretzky
41. “Don't limit yourself. Many people limit themselves to what they think they can do. You can go as far as your mind lets you. What you believe, remember, you can achieve.” – Mary Kay Ash
42. “Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day-in and day-out.” – Robert Collier
43. “The biggest risk is not taking any risk… In a world that's changing really quickly, the only strategy that is guaranteed to fail is not taking risks.” – Mark Zuckerberg
44. “Don't be afraid to give up the good to go for the great.” – John D. Rockefeller
45. “Though no one can go back and make a brand-new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand-new ending.” – Carl Bard
46. “Our greatest fear should not be of failure… but of succeeding at things in life that don't really matter.” – Francis Chan
47. “If you don't design your own life plan, chances are you'll fall into someone else's plan. And guess what they have planned for you? Not much.” – Jim Rohn
48. “It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop.” – Confucius
49. “It always seems impossible until it’s done.” – Nelson Mandela
Motivational Study Quotes
When your friends are out having a good time, or you're just so exhausted you want to veg out in front of the TV, it's daunting to pull out the books and begin studying for hours.
Studying rarely offers immediate gratification, only long-term results. So how do you find it within yourself to buckle down and get it done? These study quotes will motivate you and get you over the hump.
50. “We may encounter many defeats but we must not be defeated.” – Maya Angelou
51. “Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Wishing is not enough; we must do.” – Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe
52. “Reading is to the mind, as exercise is to the body.” – Brian Tracy
53. “If you can’t explain it simply, you don’t understand it well enough.” – Albert Einstein
54. “Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently.” – Henry Ford
55. “Preparation is the key to success.” – Alexander Graham Bell
56. “Who questions much, shall learn much, and retain much.” – Francis Bacon
57. “Procrastination is the art of keeping up with yesterday.” – Don Marquis
58. “Ninety-nine percent of the failures come from people who have the habit of making excuses.” – George Washington Carver
59. “However difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at.” – Stephen Hawking
60. “I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have.” – Thomas Jefferson
61. “Perseverance is the hard work you do after you get tired of doing the hard work you already did.” – Newt Gingrich
62. “There are no traffic jams on the extra mile.” – Zig Ziglar
63. “Believe in yourself, take on your challenges, dig deep within yourself to conquer fears. Never let anyone bring you down. You have to keep going.” – Chantal Sutherland
64. “Work gives you meaning and purpose and life is empty without it.” – Stephen Hawking
65. “Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.” – Maria Robinson
66. “Work as hard as you can and then be happy in the knowledge you couldn’t have done any more.” – Unknown
67. “Today a reader. Tomorrow a leader.” – Anonymous
68. “Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.” – Mahatma Gandhi
69. “Genius is 1% inspiration and 99% perspiration. Accordingly, a genius is often merely a talented person who has done all of his or her homework.” – Anonymous
70. “Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought.” – Albert Szent-Gyorgyi
71. “Be stronger than your excuses.” – Anonymous
72. “If people only knew how hard I’ve worked to gain my mastery, it wouldn’t seem so wonderful at all.” – Michelangelo
73. “You don’t have to be great to start, but you have to start to be great.” – Zig Ziglar
74. “The future belongs to the competent. Get good, get better, be the best!” – Brian Tracy
Quotes for Students from Teachers
Teachers often know the best way to learn. They also know how to keep their students motivated to learn the material they are teaching.
Looking at learning from a teacher's point of view is a great way to fuel your fire to succeed in school. Here are some quotes from teachers of a variety of subjects that relate to motivation and success.
75. “Whether you think you can or think you can’t, you’re right.” – Henry Ford
76. “Thinking should become your capital asset, no matter whatever ups and downs you come across in your life.” – Dr. APJ Kalam
77. “You’ve got to get up every morning with determination if you’re going to go to bed with satisfaction.” – George Lorimer
78. “The expert in anything was once a beginner.” – Helen Hayes
79. “There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, and learning from failure.” – Colin Powell
80. “Aim for success, not perfection. Never give up your right to be wrong, because then you will lose the ability to learn new things and move forward with your life. Remember that fear always lurks behind perfectionism.” – Dr. David M. Burns
81. “The beautiful thing about learning is that no one can take it away from you.” – B.B. King
82. “Whoso neglects learning in his youth, loses the past and is dead for the future.” – Euripides
83. “We learn more by looking for the answer to a question and not finding it than we do from learning the answer itself.” – Lloyd Alexander
84. “Learning is never done without errors and defeat.” – Vladimir Lenin
85. “Teachers open the door, but you must enter by yourself.” – Chinese Proverb
86. “Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.” – Nelson Mandela
87. “The real key to learning something quickly is to take a deliberate, intelligent approach to your learning.” – Lindsay Kolowich
88. “What we learn with pleasure we never forget.” – Alfred Mercier
89. “Your positive action combined with positive thinking results in success.” – Shiv Khera
90. “Life is a grindstone. Whether it grinds you down or polishes you up is for you alone to decide.” – Cavett Robert
91. “You don’t learn to walk by following rules. You learn by doing, and by falling over.” – Richard Branson
92. “Learn from yesterday. Live for today. Hope for tomorrow.” – Albert Einstein
93. “Mistakes are the portals of discovery.” – James Joyce
94. “Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising every time we fail.” – Confucius
95. “The mind is not a vessel to be filled but a fire to be ignited.” – Plutarch
96. “Develop a passion for learning. If you do, you will never cease to grow.” – Anthony J. D'Angelo
97. “Don’t limit yourself. Many people limit themselves to what they think they can do. You can go as far as your mind lets you. What you believe, you can achieve.” – Mary Kay Ash
98. “There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.” – Beverly Sills
99. “Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.” – Thomas A. Edison
More Related Articles:
As you read these quotes, recognize that they can be sources of guidance during your times of need and can motivate you in times of trouble. Neither success nor failure is finite. It is the motivation that you choose to have that makes the biggest difference.
Boost Your Confidence Daily
Want to feel more self-assured and motivated?
If so, then check out my FREE Report “99 Confidence Hacks To Massively Boost Your Confidence“.
Low confidence might be holding you back or infecting your relationships or work performance.
With these 99 Confidence Hacks, you’ll enjoy proven tips in ten key areas to give you clarity on your confidence roadblocks. You'll be able to challenge yourself to take small, manageable actions to boost your confidence.
Click here to download your report.