It's Monday morning and your alarm is going off — are you excited for the fresh start and the possibilities that the upcoming week holds for you?
Or do you want to rewind back to the weekend to enjoy a little more bit time off from your Monday through Friday reality?
If you struggle to conquer the Monday blues each week, and you aren't jumping energetically out of your bed to start your week, it’s time to make a change.
One way to overcome the blues is to have some inspiring quotes for Monday on hand that allow you to push your first workday of the week sluggishness aside.
There is a reason that most heart attacks occur on a Monday.
(Quick Note: Don't have time to read all 81 quotes? Click here to download the complete list that you can read later).
Research has shown that deaths from heart attacks occur in a pattern during the week, with the rarest occurrences being on Saturdays and Sundays.
But on Mondays, adult men have heart attacks 20% more often than any other day of the week, and adult women have them 15% more often than other days.
Monday is a stressful day and oftentimes, we want to turn the other way and make a run for it.
However, with the right motivation, you can turn that attitude around and get excited for Monday to begin so you can feel a sense of accomplishment and fulfillment in your life.
Monday Motivation Quotes
Everyone knows that the workweek can be rough.
In fact, each day presents a new challenge. On Mondays, you need that jolt of energy to start the week.
By the time it is Wednesday, you need some inspiration to get over that hump. And by Friday, your mind and body are both begging for some rest.
We all need the motivation to start the week, whether you start your week off by heading to work, going to the gym, or getting your kids up and ready for school.
1. “I know it's Monday, but it's also a new day, a new week, and in that lies a new opportunity for something special to happen.” – Michael Ely
2. “Mondays are the start of the workweek which offer new beginnings 52 times a year!” – David Dweck
3. “You've got to get up every morning with determination if you're going to go to bed with satisfaction.” – George Lorimer
4. “A year from now you may wish you had started today.” – Karen Lamb
6. “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain
7. “The sun himself is weak when he first rises, and gathers strength and courage as the day gets on.” — Charles Dickens
8. “Old friends pass away, new friends appear. It is just like the days. An old day passes, a new day arrives. The important thing is to make it meaningful: a meaningful friend – or a meaningful day” – Dalai Lama
9. “Every morning you have two choices: continue to sleep with your dreams or wake up & chase them.” – Kristin at Sophisticated Gal
10. “You can become blind by seeing each day as a similar one. Each day is a different one, each day brings a miracle of its own. It’s just a matter of paying attention to this miracle.” – Paolo Coehlo
12. “Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude.” – Thomas Jefferson
13. “Every day is different, and some days are better than others, but no matter how challenging the day, I get up and live it.” — Muhammad Ali
14. “The future depends on what you do today.” – Mahatma Gandhi
15. “It’s not the days in your life, but the life in your days that counts.” – Brian White
16. “I find that when you have a real interest in life and a curious life, that sleep is not the most important thing.” – Martha Stewart
17. “The winners in life think constantly in terms of I can, I will, and I am. Losers, on the other hand, concentrate their waking thoughts on what they should have or would have done, or what they can’t do.” – Dennis Waitley
Happy Monday Quotes
Why don't you make this Monday a good one — one where you have a positive attitude and infectious energy.
Even the mightiest of the success chasers have to find new sources of motivation every now and then.
Review these happy Monday quotes to ignite a bit of joy and enthusiasm you can carry throughout your day.
18. “Spend eighty percent of your time focusing on the opportunities of tomorrow rather than the problems of yesterday” — Brian Tracy
19. “Monday won’t be so gloomy if you believe that something good is always bound to happen.” – Unknown
20. “Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking. Don't settle. As with all matters of the heart, you'll know when you find it.” – Steve Jobs
21. “Good things don’t come to those who wait. Good things come to those who pursue the goals and dreams they believe in…Happy Monday!” – Venus Rivers
22. “For me, Monday represents a fresh start to the week. It is the day where the slate from the previous week is wiped clean. It is a day of new beginnings.” – Allen Smith
24. “Mondays are the start of the workweek which offer new beginnings 52 times a year!“ – David Dweck
25. “Mondays can be a real downer. But think of it this way. Was there anything about last week that you didn’t like? Whatever you did not get to do last week, guess what? You have a chance to start over this week and this week starts with Monday. Give yourself a chance to do the things that you did not get to do.” – Unknown
26. “Today I choose life. Every morning when I wake up I can choose joy, happiness, negativity, pain… To feel the freedom that comes from being able to continue to make mistakes and choices – today I choose to feel life, not to deny my humanity but embrace it.” – Kevyn Aucoin
27. “When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive – to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love – then make that day count!“ – Steve Maraboli
29. “Forget yesterday – it has already forgotten you. Don’t sweat tomorrow – you haven’t even met. Instead, open your eyes and your heart to a truly precious gift – today.“ – Steve Maraboli
30. “The tragedy in life doesn’t lie in not reaching your goal. The tragedy lies in having no goal to reach.” – Benjamin Mays
31. “How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world.” – Anne Frank
Positive and Inspirational Monday Quotes
Don’t leave it up to yourself to intrinsically create a sense of motivation. Don’t wait around for inspiration to find you and chase you down.
You have to make it a daily or weekly practice to truly motivate yourself, and these quotes about Monday can kickstart your practice.
32. “People who discipline themselves to get up and do things they don’t necessarily love or like doing, but do it regardless to succeed are people who will get the results and the success they are looking for.” ― Jeanette Coron
34. “Renew, release, let go. Yesterday’s gone. There’s nothing you can do to bring it back. You can’t ‘should’ve’ done something. You can only do something. Renew yourself. Release that attachment. Today is a new day!“ – Steve Maraboli
35. “Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real“ – Niels Bohr
36. “This morning do something different: When you wake up in the morning, wake your forgotten and forsaken dreams up as well, wake them up like an insisting rooster!“ – Mehmet Murat ildan
37. “Each morning when I open my eyes I say to myself: I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn’t arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I’m going to be happy in it.“ – Groucho Marx
38. “The critical ingredient is getting off […] and doing something. It’s as simple as that. A lot of people have ideas, but there are few who decide to do something about them now. Not tomorrow. Not next week. But today.“ – Nolan Bushnell
40. “Good morning is not just a word, its an action and a belief to live the entire day well. Morning is the time when you set the tone for the rest of the day. Set it right!” – Fain Blake
41. “Monday is a fresh start. It's never too late to dig in and begin a new journey of success.” – Unknown
42. “I must break the routines and become a person who becomes productive every Monday. I must break the mindset of unhappiness and turn myself into a happy magnet for Mondays.” – Leggy Saul
43. “Dear Monday, thanks for having the word “mon” in you. That's French for “mine,” in case you weren't aware, Monday, but it makes me think of you more as “my day,” and frankly, that sounds like a much more promising start to the week.” – Unknown
44. “The first step toward success is taken when you refuse to be a captive of the environment in which you first find yourself.” – Mark Caine
45. “Whatever it is that you think you want to do, and whatever it is that you think stands between you and that, stop making excuses. You can do anything.” — Katia Beauchamp
46. “Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
47. “Don’t Let Yesterday Take Up Too Much Of Today.” – Will Rogers
48. “Forget about what you have to do for a second. How do you want to be for today?” — Jane Scudder
49. “Without continual growth and progress, such words as improvement, achievement, and success have no meaning.” – Benjamin Franklin
50. “The two most powerful warriors are patience and time.” …so remember: great achievements take time, there is no overnight success.” – Leo Tolstoy
51. “The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.” – Lao Tzu
52. “In order to succeed, you can’t be afraid to fail. Just do it and don’t let anybody tell you you can’t.” — Faith Hill
53. “Knowing trees, I understand the meaning of patience. Knowing grass, I can appreciate persistence.” – Hal Borland
54. “When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us.” – Helen Keller
55. “There is no chance, no destiny, no fate, that can hinder or control the firm resolve of a determined soul.” — Ella Wheeler Wilcox
56. “Too many of us are not living our dreams because we are living our fears. ” – Les Brown
57. “A goal is not always meant to be reached; it often serves simply as something to aim at.” – Bruce Lee
58. “The key is not to prioritize what’s on your schedule, but to schedule your priorities.” – Stephen Covey
“Love What You Do” Monday Quotes
Wouldn't you be in a better mood when your alarm goes off if you have a good quote about Monday morning –especially if you want to feel happy and passionate about the work you do.
Some of these quotes are serious, but others are more Monday motivation funny quotes to make you smile.
60. “When people go to work, they shouldn’t leave their hearts at home.” – Betty Bender
61. “If you work just for money, you’ll never make it, but if you love what you’re doing, success will be yours.” – Ray Kroc
62. “Love your work. If you can’t love it, then leave it. If you can’t leave it, then love it.” – Unknown
63. “Wake up on Monday and start your day with a lot of awesomeness and you will get happiness back.” – Jim Butcher
64. “If you care about what you do and work hard at it, there isn’t anything you can’t do if you want to.” – Jim Henson
65. “When you start to do the things that you truly love, it wouldn’t matter whether it is Monday or Friday; you would be so excited to wake up each morning to work on your passions.“ – Edmond Mbiaka
66. “I have to go to work on Mondays and yes everyone hates Mondays. But I look at it a little differently. I don’t have to work, I GET to work. I am blessed to have a job while many don’t have one.“ – Dinky Manuel
67. “I never understood the glorification of Fridays and weekends. I don’t want to build a life and career where I spend five days a week waiting for the weekend. I want to enjoy my life, and don’t wish any weekday away. I want each day to matter to me in some way. I love my life. Every day. That’s the spirit we should convey all around us.“ – Akilnathan Logeswaran
68. “To be successful, the first thing to do is fall in love with your work.” — Sister Mary Lauretta
69. “You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.” – Maya Angelou
70. “The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing.” – Walt Disney
71. “On my own I will just create, and if it works, it works, and if it doesn’t, I’ll create something else. I don’t have any limitations on what I think I could do or be.” — Oprah Winfrey
72. “Nothing will work unless you do.” – Maya Angelou
73. “I am always doing that which I cannot do, in order that I may learn how to do it.” – Pablo Picasso
74. “The best way to predict the future is to create it.” – Abraham Lincoln
75. “Concentrate all your thoughts upon the work in hand. The sun’s rays do not burn until brought to a focus.” – Alexander Graham Bell
76. “Do you think miners stand around all day talking about how hard it is to mine for coal? They do not. They simply dig.” ―Cheryl Strayed
77. “This is your Monday morning reminder that you are powerful beyond measure, that you are capable of pretty much anything you are willing to work for, and that you could change your life today.” – Unknown
78. “A dream doesn’t become reality through magic; it takes sweat, determination and hard work.” – Colin Powell
79. “Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.” – Thomas Edison
80. “Whatever the mind of man can conceive and believe, it can achieve.” – Napoleon Hill
81. “Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall.’ — Confucius
More Related Articles:
So, what could 81 quotes about Monday do to breathe new life into your week?
Wouldn’t it be great if your Monday morning inspiration wasn’t limited to caffeinated drinks and the lure of a paycheck?
Coffee and money are powerful, but they aren’t always enough.
Especially on Mondays.
This is why we curated this list of Monday inspirational quotes.
And I bet you can think of others who could use the extra boost at the start of a new workweek.
Which of these quotes help you sit up a little straighter? Or which of them opened your mind to some new inspiration?
May you enjoy sharing them and making Monday better for those you meet today. And may the day’s blessings outnumber its challenges.