46 Of The Best Motivation Monday Quotes
It's Monday morning and your alarm is going off– are you excited for the fresh start and the possibilities that the upcoming week holds for you?
Or…do you want to rewind back to the weekend to enjoy a little more bit time off from your Monday through Friday reality?
If you struggle to conquer the Monday blues each week, and you aren't jumping energetically out of your bed to start your week, it’s time to make a change.
One way to overcome the blues is to have some inspiring quotes for Monday on hand that allow you to push your first workday of the week sluggishness aside.
There is a reason that most heart attacks occur on a Monday. The truth is, the stress of returning to your normal routine or going back to work after the weekend with only the vision of the long week ahead of you actually poses a threat to your health.
Research has shown that deaths from heart attacks occur in a pattern during the week, with the rarest occurrences being on Saturdays and Sundays.
But on Mondays, adult men have heart attacks 20% more often than any other day of the week, and adult women have them 15% more often than other days. Monday is a stressful day and oftentimes, we want to turn the other way and make a run for it.
However, with the right motivation, you can turn that attitude around and get excited for Monday to begin so you can feel a sense of accomplishment and fulfillment in your life.
46 Monday Quotes to Get Your Week Started
Monday Motivation Quotes
Everyone knows that the work week can be rough. In fact, each day presents a new challenge. On Mondays, you need that jolt of energy to start the week.
By the time it is Wednesday, you need some inspiration to get over that hump. And by Friday, your mind and body are both begging for some rest.
We all need the motivation to start the week, whether you start your week off by heading to work, going to the gym, or getting your kids up and ready for school.
1. “I know it's Monday, but it's also a new day, a new week, and in that lies a new opportunity for something special to happen.” – Michael Ely
2. “Mondays are the start of the work week which offer new beginnings 52 times a year!” – David Dweck
3. “You've got to get up every morning with determination if you're going to go to bed with satisfaction.” – George Lorimer
4. “A year from now you may wish you had started today.” – Karen Lamb
5. “People who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do.” – Steve Jobs
6. “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain
7. “The sun himself is weak when he first rises, and gathers strength and courage as the day gets on.” — Charles Dickens
8. “Old friends pass away, new friends appear. It is just like the days. An old day passes, a new day arrives. The important thing is to make it meaningful: a meaningful friend – or a meaningful day” – Dalai Lama
9. “Every morning you have two choices: continue to sleep with your dreams or wake up & chase them.” – Kristin at Sophisticated Gal
10. “You can become blind by seeing each day as a similar one. Each day is a different one, each day brings a miracle of its own. It’s just a matter of paying attention to this miracle.” – Paolo Coehlo
11. “Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking. Don't settle. As with all matters of the heart, you'll know when you find it.” – Steve Jobs
12. “Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude.” – Thomas Jefferson
Happy Monday Quotes
Why don't you make this Monday a good one — one where you have a positive attitude and infectious energy. Even the mightiest of the success chasers have to find new sources of motivation every now and then.
Review these good Monday quotes to ignite a bit of joy and enthusiasm you can carry throughout your day.
13. “When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive – to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love – then make that day count!” — Steve Maraboli
14. “Monday won’t be so gloomy if you believe that something good is always bound to happen.” – Unknown
15. “This should be the spirit every Monday. Know that something good will always happen.” – Gabriel García Márquez
16. “Good things don’t come to those who wait. Good things come to those who pursue the goals and dreams they believe in…Happy Monday!” – Venus Rivers
17. “For me, Monday represents a fresh start to the week. It is the day where the slate from the previous week is wiped clean. It is a day of new beginnings.” – Allen Smith
18. “Wake up on Monday and start your day with a lot of awesomeness and you will get happiness back.” – Jim Butcher
19. “Mondays are the start of the work week which offer new beginnings 52 times a year!“ – David Dweck
20. “Mondays can be a real downer. But think of it this way. Was there anything about last week that you didn’t like? Whatever you did not get to do last week, guess what? You have a chance to start over this week and this week starts with Monday. Give yourself a chance to do the things that you did not get to do.” – Unknown
21. “Today I choose life. Every morning when I wake up I can choose joy, happiness, negativity, pain… To feel the freedom that comes from being able to continue to make mistakes and choices – today I choose to feel life, not to deny my humanity but embrace it.” – Kevyn Aucoin
22. “When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive – to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love – then make that day count!“ – Steve Maraboli
23. “Each morning when I open my eyes I say to myself: I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn’t arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I’m going to be happy in it.“ – Groucho Marx
24. “Forget yesterday – it has already forgotten you. Don’t sweat tomorrow – you haven’t even met. Instead, open your eyes and your heart to a truly precious gift – today.“ – Steve Maraboli
Positive and Inspirational Monday Quotes
Don’t leave it up to yourself to intrinsically create a sense of motivation. Don’t wait around for inspiration to find you and chase you down.
You have to make it a daily or weekly practice to truly motivate yourself, and these quotes about Monday can kickstart your practice.
25. “People who discipline themselves to get up and do things they don’t necessarily love or like doing, but do it regardless to succeed are people who will get the results and the success they are looking for.” ― Jeanette Coron
26. “Live today. Not yesterday. Not tomorrow. Just today. Inhabit your moments. Don’t rent them out to tomorrow.“ – Jerry Spinelli
27. “Renew, release, let go. Yesterday’s gone. There’s nothing you can do to bring it back. You can’t ‘should’ve’ done something. You can only do something. Renew yourself. Release that attachment. Today is a new day!“ – Steve Maraboli
28. “Today is a new day. Don’t let your history interfere with your destiny! Let today be the day you stop being a victim of your circumstances and start taking action towards the life you want. You have the power and the time to shape your life.“ – Steve Maraboli
29. “This morning do something different: When you wake up in the morning, wake your forgotten and forsaken dreams up as well, wake them up like an insisting rooster!“ – Mehmet Murat ildan
30. “Your Monday morning thoughts set the tone for your whole week. See yourself getting stronger, and living a fulfilling, happier and healthier life.“ – Germany Kent
31. “The critical ingredient is getting off […] and doing something. It’s as simple as that. A lot of people have ideas, but there are few who decide to do something about them now. Not tomorrow. Not next week. But today.“ – Nolan Bushnell
32. “This is your Monday morning reminder that you are powerful beyond measure, that you are capable of pretty much anything you are willing to work for, and that you could change your life today.” – Unknown
33. “Good morning is not just a word, its an action and a belief to live the entire day well. Morning is the time when you set the tone for the rest of the day. Set it right!” – Fain Blake
34. “Your talent determines what you can do. Your motivation determines how much you're willing to do. Your attitude determines how well you do it.” – Lou Holtz
35. “Monday is a fresh start. It's never too late to dig in and begin a new journey of success.” – Unknown
36. “I must break the routines and become a person who becomes productive every Monday. I must break the mindset of unhappiness and turn myself into a happy magnet for Mondays.” – Leggy Saul
37. “Dear Monday, thanks for having the word “mon” in you. That's French for “mine,” in case you weren't aware, Monday, but it makes me think of you more as “my day,” and frankly, that sounds like a much more promising start to the week.” – Unknown
“Love What You Do” Monday Quotes
Wouldn't you be in a better mood when your alarm goes off if you have a good quote about Monday morning –especially if you want to feel happy and passionate about the work you do.
Some of these quotes are serious, but others are more Monday motivation funny quotes to make you smile.
38. “When people go to work, they shouldn’t leave their hearts at home.” – Betty Bender
39. “This is the real secret of life – to be completely engaged with what you are doing in the here and now. And instead of calling it work, realize it is play.” – Alan Wilson Watts
40. “If you work just for money, you’ll never make it, but if you love what you’re doing, success will be yours.” – Ray Kroc
41. “Love your work. If you can’t love it, then leave it. If you can’t leave it, then love it.” – Unknown
42. “You can only become truly accomplished at something you love. Don’t make money your goal. Instead, pursue the things you love doing, and then do them so well that people can’t take their eyes off of you.” – Maya Angelou
43. “If you care about what you do and work hard at it, there isn’t anything you can’t do if you want to.” – Jim Henson
44. “When you start to do the things that you truly love, it wouldn’t matter whether it is Monday or Friday; you would be so excited to wake up each morning to work on your passions.“ – Edmond Mbiaka
45. “I have to go to work on Mondays and yes everyone hates Mondays. But I look at it a little differently. I don’t have to work, I GET to work. I am blessed to have a job while many don’t have one.“ – Dinky Manuel
46. “I never understood the glorification of Fridays and weekends. I don’t want to build a life and career where I spend five days a week waiting for the weekend. I want to enjoy my life, and don’t wish any weekday away. I want each day to matter to me in some way. I love my life. Every day. That’s the spirit we should convey all around us.“ – Akilnathan Logeswaran
Did you enjoy these quotes? Spread the love.
Although some people might view Mondays as being the beginning of a long week ahead, you can make the decision to use the first day of the week to move you closer to success and fulfillment.
Mondays should be full of enthusiasm and excitement to have another week of life, no matter how great your weekend was, which is where these it's Monday quotes come into play.
Hopefully, you found several positive Monday quotes that are inspiring in this post that you think will help motivate you in the coming weeks. Gather your favorite “have a good week quotes” and share them with the people you see the most often during the week so they, too, can add a little motivation to their Monday mornings.
In fact, if you enjoyed these quotes, take a moment to share them on your preferred social media platform so that all of your online friends and their friends can feel a bit better about the start of the work week.