43 Inspirational Quotes For Work
If you're feeling discouraged at your job, as many of us often do, it may be worthwhile to read positive and motivational quotes about work to help you feel encouraged and empowered.
You don’t necessarily have to love your job every day, but you do need to feel inspired to do your best so you can feel accomplish and fulfilled.
You may have the drive and ambition that you need in the long-term, but it can be hard to ignite the spark you need to get started.
We often feel great when we're planning for the future and dreaming about how things could be, but keeping this sense of motivation and feeling uplifted when it's time to get to work can be a different story.
Doing high-quality work isn’t just about finding a quick boost of inspiration. It also requires that you define your goals and set yourself up to have a productive working environment. Sometimes, it's just about pushing through the hard work, even if you’re not feeling up to it.
Reading inspirational quotes for work can help you get through those tough times and help you relate to others who have learned how to keep moving ahead, despite any hardships they were facing.
Here's a list of some positive workplace quotes that are both uplifting and motivating. Keep these near your desk so you can read them during a particularly tough day to give yourself the boost you need to persevere.
43 Inspirational Quotes For Work
Hard Work Quotes
1. “My grandfather once told me that there were two kinds of people: those who do the work and those who take the credit. He told me to try to be in the first group; there was much less competition.” – Indira Gandhi
2. “Nothing worthwhile comes easily. Work, continuous work and hard work, is the only way to accomplish results that last.” – Hamilton Holt
3. “Plenty of men can do good work for a spurt and with immediate promotion in mind, but for promotion you want a man in whom good work has become a habit.” – Henry L. Doherty
4. “Far and away the best prize that life has to offer is the chance to work hard at work worth doing.” – Theodore Roosevelt
5. “The price of success is hard work, dedication to the job at hand, and the determination that whether we win or lose, we have applied the best of ourselves to the task at hand.” – Vince Lombardi
Related: 40 Inspiring Quotes About Life
6. “I found that the men and women who got to the top were those who did the jobs they had in hand, with everything they had of energy and enthusiasm and hard work.” – Harry S. Truman
7. “Dreams can come true, but there is a secret. They're realized through the magic of persistence, determination, commitment, passion, practice, focus and hard work. They happen a step at a time, manifested over years, not weeks.” – Elbert Hubbard
8. “Nothing ever comes to one, that is worth having, except as a result of hard work.” – Booker T. Washington
9. “All growth depends upon activity. There is no development physically or intellectually without effort, and effort means work.” – Calvin Coolidge
10. “…talent means nothing, while experience, acquired in humility and with hard work, means everything.” ― Patrick Süskind
11. “The future depends on what you do today.” – Mahatma Gandhi
12. “The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity. The fears are paper tigers. You can do anything you decide to do. You can act to change and control your life; and the procedure, the process is its own reward.” – Amelia Earhart
Motivational Quotes for Work
13. “Do more than is required. What is the distance between someone who achieves their goals consistently and those who spend their lives and careers merely following? The extra mile.” – Gary Ryan Blair
14. “Don't be afraid to give your best to what seemingly are small jobs. Every time you conquer one it makes you that much stronger. If you do the little jobs well, the big ones will tend to take care of themselves.” – William Patten
15. “Decide what you want, decide what you are willing to exchange for it. Establish your priorities and go to work.” – H.L. Hunt
16. “If your work is becoming uninteresting, so are you. Work is an inanimate thing and can be made lively and interesting only by injecting yourself into it. Your job is only as big as you are.” – George C. Hubbs
17. “Don't limit yourself. Many people limit themselves to what they think they can do. You can go as far as your mind lets you. What you believe, you can achieve.” – Mary K. Ash
Related: 31 Badass Believe In Yourself Quotes
18. “Whatever you do, do it with all your might. Work at it, early and late, in season and out of season, not leaving a stone unturned, and never deferring for a single hour that which can be done just as well as now.” – Margaret Fuller
19. “Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all.” – Dale Carnegie
20. “The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” – Barrack Obama
21. “Patience, persistence and perspiration make an unbeatable combination for success.” – Napoleon Hill
22. “A dream doesn’t become reality through magic; it takes sweat, determination and hard work.” – Colin Powell
23. “When we strive to become better than we are, everything around us becomes better too.” — Paulo Coelho
24. “It isn’t the mountains ahead to climb that wear you out; it’s the pebble in your shoe.” — Muhammad Ali
Related: 99 Motivational Quotes for Students
25. “Someone, at some point, came up with this very bad idea that an ordinary individual couldn’t make a difference in the world. I think that’s just a horrible thing.” — John Skoll
26. “Motivation is the art of getting people to do what you want them to do because they want to do it.” – Dwight D. Eisenhower
27. “The truth is that our finest moments are most likely to occur when we are feeling deeply uncomfortable, unhappy, or unfulfilled. For it is only in such moments, propelled by our discomfort, that we are likely to step out of our ruts and start searching for different ways or truer answers.” – M. Scott Peck
Positive Quotes for Work
28. “Attitude is a choice. Happiness is a choice. Optimism is a choice. Kindness is a choice. Giving is a choice. Respect is a choice. Whatever choice you make makes you. Choose wisely.” – Roy T. Bennett
29. “Happiness is an attitude. We either make ourselves miserable, or happy and strong. The amount of work is the same.” – Carlos Castaneda
30. “Whatever the mind of man can conceive and believe, it can achieve. Thoughts are things! And powerful things at that, when mixed with definiteness of purpose, and burning desire, can be translated into riches.” – Napoleon Hill
31. “There are two primary choices in life: to accept conditions as they exist, or accept the responsibility for changing them.” – Denis Waitley
32. “Whether you think you can or whether you think you can’t, you’re right!” – Henry Ford
33. “A professional is someone who can do his best work when he doesn't feel like it.” – Alistair Cook
34. “When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us.” – Helen Keller
35. “Your ability to discipline yourself to set clear goals, and then to work toward them every day, will do more to guarantee your success than any other single factor.” – Brian Tracy
36.”This is the real secret of life — to be completely engaged with what you are doing in the here and now. And instead of calling it work, realize it is play.” – Alan Wilson Watts
37. “Work joyfully and peacefully, knowing that right thoughts and right efforts will inevitably bring about right results.” – James Allen
38. “Winners take time to relish their work, knowing that scaling the mountain is what makes the view from the top so exhilarating.” – Denis Waitley
39. “Are you bored with life? Then throw yourself into some work you believe in with all your heart, live for it, die for it, and you will find happiness that you had thought could never be yours.” – Dale Carnegie
40. “Consult not your fears but your hopes and your dreams. Think not about your frustrations, but about your unfulfilled potential. Concern yourself not with what you tried and failed in, but with what it is still possible for you to do.” – Pope John XXIII
41. “Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.” – Francis of Assisi
42. “I’ve missed more than 9,000 shots in my career. I’ve lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I’ve been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.” – Michael Jordan
43. “Instead of worrying about what you cannot control, shift your energy to what you can create.” – Roy T. Bennett
Did any of these quotes inspire you?
Hopefully, after reading these positive quotes about work, you have a new sense of inspiration to try your best to do a great job for your company or clients.
Sometimes, just having one unproductive day can lead to a rut of multiple days of feeling tired, lethargic, and bored – even if you have 100 important things on your growing to-do list.
Try using these inspirational quotes for work to not only get you started but to keep you motivated throughout the day and as the week goes on. With this momentum, you are sure to feel good about your work and get out of your rut.
If you see a co-worker who could use a boost, please share these work quotes on your preferred social media platform to help spread the positivity around the office.