There’s something about road trips and traveling that feels exhilarating and freeing, especially when it’s with someone you care about.
Maybe you and your partner have been together for decades.
Or it’s early in the days of road-tripping as a couple.
Either way, it never hurts to prepare for your extended driving time in such close, inescapable quarters.
Road trips should be fun, but worrying about things to talk about on a road trip can add stress and leave those awkward silences you may not find comfortable.
How Do You Make a Couple Road Trip Fun?
Regardless of where you’re going, how far you have to travel, or how long you’ve been a couple, there are always ways to make your time together more fun.
Sure, traveling can be stressful between spending so much time together, traffic jams, and rising prices on everything.
But instead of letting the little things get in the way of having a great time, plan ahead to make the most of your trip and survive with your couplehood intact.
- Play games. Entertain each other with travel games like the alphabet or license plate game, or ask each other couples’ road trip questions.
- Avoid getting hangry. Pack plenty of snacks and drinks to avoid getting irritable and arguing with each other.
- Listen to music, audiobooks, or podcasts. Before leaving, create a playlist of songs or download books or podcasts that fit your likes and personalities.
- Do your research. Resist planning out every detail, but definitely take time to learn the basic route you’ll take on your trip as well as things to do and places to eat while you’re away. Be spontaneous in a prepared way.
- Rest regularly. Long drives can take a toll on the mind and body. Stop as frequently as you need to for bathroom breaks and to stretch your legs.
- Embrace the silence. It’s nice to have things to talk about, but forcing the conversation can make it feel uncomfortable. Expect and accept lulls in the conversation, especially on longer trips. Check out the scenery or sing along to the radio to fill the silence.
- Be prepared. The best way to have loads of fun is to control the things you can control and go with the flow for the rest. Have your travel documents, know where you’re going, set a budget, expect the unexpected.
What Do You Talk About on a Road Trip with Your Boyfriend?
The things you talk about on your road trip will depend on how long you’ve been together and your personality. You’ll need to consider how much you’re willing to share about yourself.
If you’re taking a trip together, it’s probably safe to assume you’re reasonably comfortable around each other.
But there are still some guidelines you can follow to ensure a smooth trip and secure future trips together when considering road trip questions.
Avoid sensitive topics, hot-button issues between you, or topics that could negatively affect safe driving.
Some subjects to consider include:
- Your relationship
- Plans for the future
- Your past
- Friends and family
- Dreams and goals
- Beliefs and values
101 Road Trip Questions for Couples
Aside from passing the time, asking each other meaningful, fun, or intimate conversations can help you learn more about each other and bring you closer.
Pick and choose which topics are best for your relationship. Use them as is or tweak them to make them more fitting for your situation.
Fun Road Trip Questions for Couples
1. If you could take an all-expense-paid trip to anywhere in the world, where would you go?
2. What’s the most embarrassing thing that’s ever happened to you?
3. What are your favorite events in the Summer and Winter Olympics?
4. What would the theme or plot be if someone made a movie about your life?
5. Who would play you in a movie about your life?
6. If you could eat only three foods for the rest of your life, what would you choose?
7. What’s the scariest thing you’ve ever done?
8. If you had to change your name, what would you change it to and why?
9. How old were you when you went to your first drinking party?
10. What was your favorite thing about high school?
11. What is your biggest fear in life?
12. What’s the better vacation spot– the mountains, the beach, or the big city?
13. Is it worse to always be too hot or too cold?
14. Do you have a secret talent?
15. If someone gave you a million dollars to face your biggest fear, would you do it?
16. What’s your absolute favorite possession?
17. What are three things you could never live without?
18. If you could meet any celebrity, who would you choose and why?
19. What do you wish you had more time to commit to?
20. Describe your perfect day if money wasn’t an issue.
21. If you could have any superpower, what would it be?
22. Do you believe in aliens?
23. What movie or TV character are you most like?
24. What do you like the most about traveling?
25. What’s the most vivid dream you’ve ever had?
26. What would you be if you were an animal?
Road Trip Questions for Married Couples
27. What about me made you want to marry me?
28. What’s your best memory from when we were dating?
29. What makes me a good partner to you?
30. What can I do to be an even better partner to you?
31. How would you describe our relationship to a stranger?
32. What do I do to support you that you like?
33. Is there anything I do that you hate?
34. How would you want to celebrate if we were ever to renew our vows?
35. What are three things you want us to do together?
36. When did you realize you were in love with me?
37. What’s the best gift you ever received from me?
38. Is there anything you would change about our life together?
39. What movie or TV show best depicts our lives?
40. What traditions do you want us to start together?
41. Would you ever go on a reality show of our lives?
42. If I died, would you remarry?
43. If you died, would you want me to remarry?
44. Do you think we spend enough quality time together?
45. Do you think we spend enough quality alone time apart?
46. What’s your favorite thing about our relationship?
47. Do you ever get jealous when you see me talking to another man/woman?
48. What do you look forward to most about growing old together?
49. What’s your favorite trip we’ve taken together and why?
50. Would you want me to tell you if I ever had a harmless crush on a coworker?
51. What do you love most about me?
More Related Articles
Deep Road Trip Questions for Couples
52. How do you react when you catch someone in a lie?
53. What’s the best piece of advice you have ever received?
54. What are the top five things on your bucket list?
55. What three things do you love most about yourself?
56. What three things do you love most about me?
57. What was an experience you were dreading that turned out really well?
58. How has our relationship changed you?
59. What is the proudest moment in your life?
60. Who had the most significant impact on you growing up?
61. If you could go back in time and re-do any part of your life, would you?
62. Do you believe in an afterlife?
63. What are your three biggest strengths?
64. What are your three biggest weaknesses?
65. Which of your parents are you most like?
66. Describe your dream life in detail, including your career, family, home, etc.
67. Where do you see us in 10 years?
68. Are you where you thought you would be in life ten years ago?
69. How do you handle stressful events in your life?
70. What is the bravest thing you’ve ever done?
71. If you could give your younger self one piece of advice, what would it be?
72. What do you think is the next step in our relationship?
73. What do you want to change about yourself?
74. Have you ever apologized for something you weren’t actually sorry for?
75. When do you feel most confident in yourself?
76. Are you proud of what you do for a living?
Intimate Road Trip Questions
77. What do you love most about our relationship?
78. Do you have any secret sexual fantasies you want to try with me?
79. What’s your most romantic memory of us?
80. What can we do to make our time together more meaningful?
81. Is there anything I could do that would be a deal-breaker for our relationship?
82. What are the two most important things for a successful romantic relationship?
83. What are your biggest turn-ons?
84. What are your biggest turn-offs?
85. How old were you when you lost your virginity?
86. What’s the worst date you’ve ever been on?
87. What’s the best date you’ve ever been on?
88. Do you believe in love at first sight?
89. When do you prefer to have sex, in the morning or before bed?
90. What kind of parent do you think you would be?
91. Do you wish we had sex more often?
92. Describe your dream wedding.
93. What’s the sexiest thing I can wear to bed?
94. Have you ever cheated or been cheated on?
95. What does the perfect family look like to you?
96. Do you think it matters if a woman sleeps with a man on the first date?
97. How many times have you been in love?
98. How comfortable are you kissing me in public?
99. What do you wish people knew about you to make them understand you better?
100. How do you want to be remembered in life?
101. Is it ever okay to lie in a relationship?
Road trips can keep your relationship fun and exciting with a little planning.
Prepare yourself with our conversation starters to make the most of exploring new places and doing new things together.