Empaths are highly sensitive people who can pick up on and feel the emotions, thoughts, and energy of those around them.
There’s a full spectrum of different types of empaths, and the Heyoka empath is one of the most colorful and dynamic varieties.
The Heyoka empath is often misunderstood and seen as a trickster or a clown for their eccentric behavior.
However, they can also be powerful healers and help those around them find balance in their lives.
Let’s unpack the Heyoka empath archetype and examine what makes them unique.
- What is a Heyoka Empath?
- 13 Signs You Are Heyoka Empath
- 1. You Easily Detect Inauthenticity
- 2. You Refuse to Be Pigeonholed
- 3. You Have an Amazing Sense of Humor
- 4. You Dislike Small Talk
- 5. You’re Exceptionally Creative
- 6. You’re an Advocate for Change
- 7. You Can Be Stubborn and Opinionated
- 8. You’re Easily Overstimulated
- 9. You’re Great At Puzzles and Problem-Solving
- 10. You May Have Trouble Sleeping
- 11. You May be More Than One Type of Empath
- 12. You Notice That Others Project Their Emotions onto You
- 13. You Seem to Have a Sixth Sense
- 14. Everyone Is Always Asking You For Advice
- 15. You’re Not Afraid to Speak the Truth
- What Is the Heyoka Empath Symbol?
- Understanding Heyoka Empath Relationships
What is a Heyoka Empath?
A Heyoka Empath is the rarest type of empath in the world. With a name originating from the Native American Dakota and Lakota languages, it can be challenging to identify a Heyoka empath.
They can often exhibit traits seen as quirky, eclectic, or unusual. Here are some Heyoka empath traits that can help you to identify them:
- They are highly sensitive to the energy of others and can easily pick up on the emotions, thoughts, and intentions of those around them.
- They often act as a mirror for people in their lives, reflecting to others what they’re feeling or thinking without judgment.
- Heyoka empaths can be very creative and often have a unique way of expressing themselves. They may be artists or just live life in an artful way.
- They see the bigger picture and understand how everything will work out well before others catch on.
- They follow their own paths and aren’t afraid to go against the grain.
Heyoka empaths are said to be the most powerful type of intuitive.
Their insight is unparalleled, and they have a remarkable emotional and energetic effect on those around them.
Most likely, there’s an extraordinary Heyoka in your life – might it even be you?
13 Signs You Are Heyoka Empath
Wondering if you might be a Heyoka? Here are 13 tell-tale signs that you have the traits of this powerfully perceptive type of empath.
1. You Easily Detect Inauthenticity
Can you tell from a mile away when someone is lying or pretending to be something they’re not? Heyoka empaths can detect inauthenticity like a sixth sense.
Not only do you sense when someone is being disingenuous, but you can also detect these feelings within yourself.
You’re conscious of when you’re putting on a front and get a gut feeling when you’re not honoring your true self.
2. You Refuse to Be Pigeonholed
Heyoka empaths can be seen as unusual or different from others due to their tendency to break out of the mold and take their own path in life. No matter how hard people try to put them in a container, you can’t contain them.
You may have run into trouble with teachers, bosses, your parents, or other authority figures who didn’t know how to deal with your natural sense of freedom.
It’s not necessarily that you’re a troublemaker, but rather that society isn’t sure what to do with you.
3. You Have an Amazing Sense of Humor
At first glance, humor is seen as a way to distract or lighten the mood, but Heyoka empaths can use it as a form of deeper communication and understanding.
Not only can you make your friends and family laugh, but you can also take abstract ideas or difficult conversations and turn them into something humorous.
This provides a different perspective that can help people to understand things they can’t easily see or feel. It also helps the people around you feel good about their own quirky personalities.
4. You Dislike Small Talk
Heyoka empaths can typically sense when someone isn’t being genuine with their words and can become easily bored with small talk.
It’s not that you always need every connection to be deep, but you can easily tell when someone is just going through the motions.
You can sense when people are only talking for the sake of talking, and it can be exhausting. You much prefer more meaningful conversations and connections.
5. You’re Exceptionally Creative
Heyoka empaths can often express their creativity in different ways through art, music, writing, or crafting. Your creative drive is strong and can provide you with an outlet for your inner thoughts, feelings, and emotions.
You may work a creative job such as graphic design, web development, or photography. Or you may integrate creative solutions into more traditional jobs.
6. You’re an Advocate for Change
Heyoka empaths are passionate about their causes and often advocate for positive change in society.
With their intuitive understanding of what is off-balance or unjust, they strive to make the world a more equitable place by taking action on behalf of those who cannot speak up for themselves.
They may start petitions, protest injustices, or even create their own movements to shift the tide in favor of what they believe is right.
7. You Can Be Stubborn and Opinionated
Heyoka empaths can often be seen as opinionated, strong-willed, and even stubborn at times. They don’t shy away from voicing their thoughts or beliefs and can come across as quite outspoken.
It can be difficult to change their mind once they have found something that resonates with them.
This attitude can create problems in relationships or at work but can also lead to great success when used in the right direction.
8. You’re Easily Overstimulated
Heyoka empaths can become easily overwhelmed by sensory overload and stimulation.
If you’re easily overwhelmed by large crowds, busy environments, or too much noise, then you can be sure that you have the empath traits of a Heyoka.
It’s important to take time for yourself and practice self-care, as this can help relieve some of the stress associated with being an empath.
9. You’re Great At Puzzles and Problem-Solving
Heyoka empaths are natural problem solvers who can take a step back and look at the bigger picture. They can see beyond the surface level and draw on their intuition to help them find solutions others can’t see.
Additionally, Heyoka empaths can also be great at puzzles, as they can take the pieces and find their own unique way of putting them together much more quickly than others.
10. You May Have Trouble Sleeping
Heyoka empaths can often struggle with sleeping, as their minds can constantly buzz.
Not only are their minds highly active and constantly processing information, but they’re also very permeable when it comes to other people’s emotions.
This can lead to difficulty settling down if they’re affected by the energy of anyone nearby and can result in insomnia.
To prepare for restful sleep, try engaging in calming activities like reading or listening to tranquil music.
11. You May be More Than One Type of Empath
Can you be more than one type of empath? Absolutely, if you’re of the Heyoka variety. This is because the Heyoka empath is an eclectic blend of different empath archetypes.
This means you can connect with different types of sensitive people and understand their unique perspectives. You’re not directly in conflict with any other type of empath and are a combination of the most powerful empath traits.
12. You Notice That Others Project Their Emotions onto You
Have you ever noticed that people always shift their emotions onto you as if it’s your fault? This can be because of the Heyoka empath traits that can cause others to become emotionally invested in you.
This can create tension and conflict, but it can also lead to deeper levels of understanding and connection with people. Just remember to set boundaries when necessary so that you can be supportive of others while protecting your own energy.
13. You Seem to Have a Sixth Sense
Heyoka empaths can often read between the lines and pick up on subtle cues that others miss.
This can lead them to make accurate predictions about situations before they come to fruition, as their intuition can guide them in the right direction.
You may know what someone’s going to say right before it comes out of someone’s mouth or get a sense of deja-vu when something unexpected happens.
You may also be sensitive to energy, ranging from people to places, and can sense when this energy has shifted.
14. Everyone Is Always Asking You For Advice
This type can be natural advisors, as they can see past the surface level of any situation. They can take a step back and offer insight compassionately that can help people find their way out of difficult situations.
Therefore, it’s no surprise that you may have friends or loved ones who come to you for advice.
People can trust you to give them honest and helpful answers without judgment, as they can feel your empathy in response to their struggles.
15. You’re Not Afraid to Speak the Truth
The Heyoka empath can also be fearless when speaking their truth, even if this means saying something others don’t want to hear.
They can trust that their words will eventually come to be true and know that the value or meaning of their insights will reveal themselves over time.
This can often make them unpopular with certain people, but it can also help others break through barriers and find meaningful connections in life.
More Related Articles
What Is the Heyoka Empath Symbol?
The Heyoka symbol helps us visualize and understand the power and energy of the Heyoka empath. It can also help us recognize when we engage in Heyoka-like behavior.
The symbol is composed of an image of the thunderbird.
The “Thunderbird,” or the aptly-named “Thunderer,” is a majestic creature of the sky whose wings flap with formidable force, mimicking thunder itself. Its eyes shine like lightning bolts and its presence instills awe in anyone who beholds it.
As per Lakota mythology, the Heyókȟa symbol is a divine being associated with thunder and lightning. It’s said that this spirit wields the wind as sticks to beat the drum of thunder.
His feelings are anything but typical; he sheds tears of joy, and his laughter is tinted with sorrow. Heat turns him icy, while cold leaves him drenched in sweat.
Many works of art portray this mysterious being adorned with two horns – a hallmark signifying that he holds dominion over the hunt.
In other symbolic visions, the Heyoka thunderbird manifests himself as a snowbird, swallow, horse, dog, night hawk, frog, and dragonfly.
Understanding Heyoka Empath Relationships
Heyoka empaths have complex and dynamic relationships with clear challenges but also great rewards.
These relationships can be passionate and fulfilling and open up new self-awareness horizons to those involved.
Here are some common traits of Heyoka empath relationships:
- Communication will be constant: It’s hard to run away from your feelings when you can feel everyone else’s, so being able to communicate can be crucial for Heyoka empaths. In a relationship, they will take intentional time to converse and ensure everyone is on the same page.
- The relationship will have ups and downs: One of the inherent natures of being an empath is the ability to pick up on others’ emotions. This can make Heyoka empaths feel overwhelmed and can cause some turbulence in the relationship.
- There will be quirky, offbeat moments that keep things fun: Heyoka empaths can bring a sense of playfulness and humor to their relationships that can keep things interesting. They can also be more creative when expressing love and ensuring the relationship stays alive and exciting.
- They will have a strong connection with their children: Since Heyoka empaths are very playful in nature, they will naturally be great with their children and can bring a lot of joy and laughter to the household.
Overall, Heyoka empaths make for loyal and passionate partners, given their understanding of emotions and the need for true connection.
They may require unconventional approaches to love, but it doesn’t mean it will be any less authentic or meaningful.
The Heyoka archetype is one of the most powerful and rarest types of empaths.
They are hard to read, pinpoint, or fully understand at all times. And yet, we learn so much by being in their presence and receiving their messages.
So if you notice any of these 13 Heyoka empath powers in your life, use them wisely and remember that when this energy is properly harnessed, it can be a powerful force of transformation and help others break through barriers and find more joy and wisdom in life.