70 Sunrise Quotes To Brighten Your Day
Ah, the sunrise.
The blending of red, orange and yellow in the sky.
The breathtaking sight of the sun floating up from the horizon.
The reminder that you’re leaving yesterday behind, and that you’re about to face a new day ahead.
The sun has always been a source of fascination for humans, as evidenced by the countless myths, legends, songs, paintings, etc. on the subject.
In particular, the sunrise is often used as a metaphor for hope, beauty, and rebirth.
Let’s read what some notable people have to say about the sunrise and how it inspires us.
70 Best Quotes About the Sunrise
1. “O, Sunlight! The most precious gold to be found on Earth.” — Roman Payne
2. “The sky takes on shades of orange during sunrise and sunset, the color that gives you hope that the sun will set only to rise again.” — Ram Charan
3. “Sunrise paints the sky with pinks and the sunset with peaches. Cool to warm. So is the progression from childhood to old age.” — Vera Nazarian
4. “If you are in a beautiful place where you can enjoy the sunrise and sunset, then you are living like a lord.” — Nathan Phillips
5. “Sunrise looks spectacular in nature; sunrise looks spectacular in the photos; sunrise looks spectacular in our dreams; sunrise looks spectacular in the paintings, because it really is spectacular!” — Mehmet Murat ildan
6. “I love watching the sunrise and sunset and the sky, the birds.” — Manisha Koirala
7. “The secret to a good morning is to watch the sunrise with an open heart.” — Anthony T. Hincks
8. “Get outside. Watch the sunrise. Watch the sunset. How does that make you feel? Does it make you feel big or tiny? Because there’s something good about feeling both.” — Amy Grant
9. “At sunrise, the blue sky paints herself with gold colors and joyfully dances to the music of a morning breeze.” — Debasish Mridha
10. “Know where to find the sunrise and sunset times and note how the sky looks at those times, at least once.” — Marilyn vos Savant
11. “I hope you realize that every day is a fresh start for you. That every sunrise is a new chapter in your life waiting to be written.” — Juansen Dizon
12. “I love the sunrise, as I am definitely a morning person! It’s a great time to get up and have a coffee in the garden by myself before everybody wakes up.” — Bianca Balti
13. “Don’t you feel you get value for your day if you’ve actually watched the sun rise?” — AJ Vosse
14. “My name means ‘sunrise of life.’ — Yalitza Aparicio
15. “Not everyone was privileged to see another sunrise like you did, so before you start complaining; remember that the breath of life, is not for sale.” — Gift Gugu Mona
16. “Every day, a million miracles begin at sunrise.” — Eric Jerome Dickey
17. “A night can never defeat the sunrise.” — Sumit Sharma
18. “Every sunset is also a sunrise. It all depends on where you stand.” — Karl Schmidt
19. “The morals rise at sunrise. When the light comes, we are already there.” — Alan Maiccon
20. “It was harder to drown at sunrise than in darkness.” — Edith Wharton
21. “A faint blush below the horizon, as the first kiss from the Sun wakes the Earth from its slumber.” — Meeta Ahluwalia
22. “To stand by the beds at sunrise and see the flowers awake is a heavenly delight.” — Celia Thaxter
23. “If I should capture the most beautiful sunrise, only then, will I stop capturing them.” — Danikelii
24. “There was never a night or a problem that could defeat sunrise or hope.” — Bernard Williams
25. “The horizon changes but the sun does not.” — Joyce Rachelle
26. “There’s a sunrise and a sunset every single day, and they’re absolutely free. Don’t miss so many of them.” — Jo Walton
27. “The darkness that follows a sunset is never so dark that it can change the inevitability of a sunrise.” – Craig D. Lounsbrough
28. “Every sunrise gives you a new beginning and a new ending. Let this morning be a new beginning to a better relationship and a new ending to the bad memories. Its an opportunity to enjoy life, breathe freely, think and love. Be grateful for this beautiful day.” — Norton Juster
29. “Wrapped within another's arms further intensifies the divine beauty of a sunrise…” — Virginia Alison
30. “Every sunrise is an invitation for us to arise and brighten someone’s day.” — Jhiess Krieg
31. “If you wish to see the sunrise, you must get up before the sun.” — Roland R Kemler
32. “Climb up on some hill at sunrise. Everybody needs perspective once in a while, and you’ll find it there.” — Robb Sagendorph
33. “Let the beauty of sunrise keep your heart warm.” — Lailah Gifty Akita
34. “Storms probably exist only because after them we can have a sunrise.” — Tove Jansson
More Related Articles:
35. “It is a joyful privilege to note that you are a unique person among billions of people who wake up each day to walk on the surface of the earth. It is a noble responsibility to note that you have to use this privilege effectively.” — Ernest Agyemang Yeboah
36. “We can only appreciate the miracle of a sunrise if we have waited in the darkness.” — Sapna Reddy
37. “The charm of golden sunrise and sunset does not depend on you, it reflects on you…only if you allow it. So does fleeting moments of joy” — Val Uchendu
38. “The grand show is eternal. It is always sunrise somewhere; the dew is never dried all at once; a shower is forever falling; vapor is ever rising. Eternal sunrise, eternal dawn and gloaming, on sea and continents and islands, each in its turn, as the round.” — John Muir
39. “If the sunset and sunrise are for sale, I will buy it even if it's expensive.” — El Fuego
40. “He who kisses joy as it flies by will live in eternity’s sunrise.” — William Blake
41. “Saw the sun rise. A lovely apricot sky with flames in it and then solemn pink. Heavens, how beautiful…I feel so full of love to-day after having seen the sun rise.” — Katherine Mansfield
42. “When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive – to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love.” — Marcus Aurelius
43. “While chasing the moon that was about to set, she missed the sunrise.” — Akshay Vasu
44. “The stillness of the early morning scene enables me to take in and enjoy many things which pass me by during the bustle of the day. First, there are the scents, which seem even more generous with their offerings than they are in the evening.” — Rosemary Verey
45. “Wake late, win late.” — Amit Kalantri
46. “We need to be reminded sometimes that a sunrise last but a few minutes. But its beauty can burn in our hearts eternally.” — R.A. Salvatore
47. “True love is the tide that pulls out to sea, but always returns to kiss the shore at sunrise.” — Shannon L. Alder
48. “Smile my boy, it’s sunrise.” — Robin McLaurin Williams
49. “The sun shines and warms and lights us and we have no curiosity to know why this is so; but we ask the reason of all evil, pain and hunger.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
50. “Nocturnal with a love for night, I’d stay up to see sunlight…” — Donna Lynn Hope
51. “Today, the sun will rise on all your doubts.” — Marty Rubin
52. “Just like the days, no two sunrises are ever the same.” — Jonathan P Lamas
53. “If you want to be reminded of the love of the Lord, just watch the sunrise.” — Jeannette Walls
54. “If you are different and alone, it doesn’t mean you won’t see a moonlight; there is a sunrise for everyone and every day.” — Sampada Mohite
55. “Every sunrise is a blessing. It’s an opportunity to learn something new and to create something that can benefit others. It also gives a chance to make amends. Use it wisely before sunset.” — Euginia Herlihy
56. “There is always a big commotion on the beauty of sunsets, but what about the beginning of the day? The arrival of daylight. Happiness in the form of invisible warmth beaming upon us. Sunrise.” — A.M.L.
57. “You know how a sunrise can be confused for a sunset? Well, sometimes just when you think your life is over, that’s when the best things are truly about to begin.” — Karen Salmansohn
58. “Dance when the sun comes up.” — A.D. Posey
59. “Opportunities are like sunrises. If you wait too long, you miss them.” — William Arthur Ward
60. “I love that this morning’s sunrise does not define itself by last night’s sunset.” — Steve Maraboli
61. “When the sun rises, it rises for everyone.” — Cuban proverb
62. “Nature unfolds her treasure at the first ray of sunrise.” — Kishore Bansal
63. “My sun sets to rise again.” — Robert Browning
64. “I love sunrises. They always signify something new and something beautiful. The darkness fading away.” — Michelle N. Onuorah
65. “Sunrise is the time to feel that you will be able to find out how to help somebody close to you who you think needs help even if he doesn't think.” — Norman Maclean
66. “Every now and then I sit and watch the sun rise to remind myself how it's done—peacefully, steadily, warmly, and in beautiful color.” — Richelle E. Goodrich
67. “Endure the pain in the sunrise, so when it's sunset, there's lot of profit to be gained.” — Seyi Ayoola
68. “Sunrise – a time when all truths are still clean and enviable.” — Carew Papritz
69. “That time of day when the sun hasn’t come up yet, but you can already feel it coming. It’s an elusive warmth, like a subtle promise whispered in your ear and you can go on with your day knowing you’ve been given another chance to get it right.” — Cassia Leo
70. “It’s a new day. Yesterday's failure is redeemed at the sunrise.” — Todd Stocker
Let these sunrise quotes shine the light on a new day.
As you can see, the sunrise means different things to different people.
Some see it as a symbol of renewal and redemption. Others may have a darker view of the subject.
However you perceive the sunrise, you can’t deny that it’s one of nature’s most fascinating creations.
What else can beat the sight of a large, shining celestial body rising from (and falling into) the horizon again and again?
No matter how you see the sun, we hope that what you see is something that brings you joy — or, at the very least, perspective.