If there’s one thing we all have in common, it’s that occasional (or constant) feeling that we fall short in some way.
We don’t rate high on the “good enough” scale.
We’re flawed, while everyone else seems to be more than enough.
Or at least more than us.
Maybe we look in the mirror and don’t see perfection staring back at us.
Perhaps we were passed over for that job promotion and feel certain it’s because we lack something essential.
Or it could be that we have a general condition of unworthiness.
Who would want to be our friend or lover, given all of the gaping holes in our very being?
Who would be with someone who is so . . . not enough.
Does it help to know that everyone struggles with these feelings from time to time?
And that feeling not good enough has absolutely nothing to do with your actual worthiness?
You ARE enough, just as you are, and these “I am enough” quotes will help you reframe your view of yourself.
71 You Are Enough Quotes to Reinforce Your Self-Worth
We’ve curated this list of quotes about being enough with various life experiences and situations in mind. Read through them, and make a note of those that resonate with you.
Then put them to use by:
- Writing them on sticky notes to post where you can see them regularly.
- Using them as journal prompts to help you write about how enough you are.
- Using them as a theme or topic for your next meditation time.
- Sharing them with someone else who feels not good enough.
You Are Good Enough Quotes
1. “At the end of the day darling, you are enough. You always have been. It may have taken you awhile to see that and to finally reach this place, but you have always been enough.” – Lacey Ramburger
2. “Your world needs you right now; don’t take your life. You matter, you are enough, and you are more.” – Olawale Daniel
3. “Believing in our hearts that who we are is enough is the key to a more satisfying and balanced life.” – Ellen Sue Stern
4. “Walk as if you are enough. Eat as if you are enough. See, look, listen as if you are enough. Because it’s true.” – Geneen Roth
5. “Sometimes you have to realize that you’ve HAD enough to realize that you ARE enough.” ― Mandy Hale
7. “Because despite what you feel, you are not too much. You are not too sensitive or too needy. You are compassionate and kind. And with or without anyone’s acknowledgment or affection, you are enough.” – Daniell Koepke
8. “You are enough to start a movement. Individual people can come together around things that they know are unjust. And they can spark change.” – DeRay Mckesson
10. “Changing the world’s perception of beauty starts with you. Your language about yourself and others. You are enough.” – Christine Tremoulet
11. “Life is so big. Do not try to fill it. Instead, expand within. You are enough for you.” – Bryant McGill
12. “You are absolutely enough the way you are.” – Laurieann Gibson
13. “You are enough, just as you are. Each emotion you feel, everything in your life, everything you do or do not do… where you are and who you are right now is enough. It is perfect. You are perfect enough.” – Melanie Jade
14. “If you are good at something, and especially, if people who matter tell you that you are good enough, you must follow that…” – Mary Kom
Deep You Are Enough Quotes
15. “Dismantle your wounds so you stop living your life by them.” – Nikki Rowe
16. “Don’t ask yourself what the world needs, ask yourself what makes you come alive. And then go and do that. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive.” – Howard Washington Thurman
17. “I was told I wasn’t good enough, but I just chose not to listen.” – Khalid
18. “Too many people overvalue what they are not and undervalue what they are.” – Malcolm S. Forbes
19. “The unhappiest people in this world are those who care the most about what other people think.” – C. JoyBell C.
20. “You are unaware of the depths of who you really are.” ― Hiral Nagda
21. “You are much deeper, much broader, much brighter than any idea you could have of yourself.” – Harry Palmer
22. “The best in you is yet untouched.” ― Hiral Nagda
23. “Refuse to accept another’s estimation of yourself.” – Alison Stormwolf
24. “I exist as I am, that is enough.” – Walt Whitman
25. “Are you enough for you is the only question you need to answer.” – L.E. Bowman
26. “You’re allowed to assert your needs and take up space. You’re allowed to hold onto the truth that who you are is exactly enough.” – Daniell Koepke
27. “The most important day is the day you decide you’re good enough for you. It’s the day you set yourself free.” – Brittany Josephina
28. “Of all the judgments we pass in life, none is more important than the judgment we pass on ourselves.” – Nathaniel Branden
29. “I am me, nothing more, nothing less, and that is enough.” – Harpreet M. Dayal
Motivational You Are Enough Quotes
30. “It will start to hurt less one day, I promise. You are enough. Do not let anyone tell you otherwise.” – Josephine Saint
31. “Stand for something. Make your life mean something. Start where you are with what you have. You are enough.” – Germany Kent
32. “Whatever you did today is enough. Whatever you felt today is valid. Whatever you thought today isn’t to be judged. Repeat the above each day.” – Brittany Burgunder
33. “All I can tell you really is if you get to the point where someone is telling you that you are not great or not good enough, just follow your heart and don’t let anybody crush your dream.” – Patti LaBelle
34. “Don’t doubt your value. Don’t run from who you are.” – Aslan
35. “To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.” – E.E. Cummings
36. “Speak victory. Declare that you are well able. Get in the habit of rewarding yourself – for small milestones. Cheer yourself on!” ― Germany Kent
37. “Don’t dilute yourself for any person or any reason. You are enough! Be unapologetically you.”- Steve Maraboli
38. “We are enough without all the things we buy to make us much more than we are or need to be, we are simple and complex and rare as is.” – Sabrina Ward Harrison
40. “On those days when life feels overwhelming, remember that you are worthwhile, you are needed, and you are enough exactly as you are.” – Sarah Hartley
41. “Life has not been able to break me and it will not break you. Stand tall for you are loved, you are enough, you are able, and in the end we will survive.” – Donna G. Bourgeois
42. “To be beautiful means to be yourself. you don’t need to be accepted by others. You need to accept yourself.” – Thich Nhat Hanh
43. “Sometimes you might feel like you’re not good enough or unique enough, but everyone is! Everyone has different personalities.” – Astrid S
44. “You are good enough as you, so delete that Facetune app and step away from that really weird filter that makes you look smoother than Craig David.” – Iskra Lawrence
You Are Enough Quotes for Him
45. “Why should we worry about what others think of us? Do we have more confidence in their opinions than we do our own?” – Brigham Young
46. “Accept that you are enough. You don’t need to be anything that you are not.” – Wayne Dyer
47. “Just a reminder, what other people think of you is none of your business.” – Ze Frank
48. “Never think that you’re not good enough yourself. A man should never think that. People will take you very much at your own reckoning.” – Anthony Trollope
49. “You are my everlasting home. Don’t you ever be afraid. I am enough. We are enough.” – Sue Monk Kidd
50. “It is easy to believe you are not good enough if you listen to everybody else.” – Mackenzie Astin
51. “Be confident enough in your actions not to need to explain yourself. Trust yourself and act.” – Bernard Roth
52. “Don’t belittle yourself. Be big yourself.” – Corita Kent
53. “Believe in yourself. You are enough.” – Caroline Ghosn
55. “You are enough. You matter. You are unique. You are loved. You are worthy. You are beautiful. You are divine.” – NotesOnBliss.com
56. “There is nothing to prove and nothing to protect. I am who I am and that is enough.” – Richard Rohr
57. “Treat yourself as if you already are enough. Walk as if you are enough. Eat as if you are enough. See, look, listen as if you are enough. Because it’s true.” – Geneen Roth
58. “Breathe, let go, and be in the flow of right now. In this moment, you are enough.” – Lee Horbachewski
More Related Articles
You Are Enough Quotes for Her
59. “You alone are enough. You have nothing to prove to anybody.” – Maya Angelou
60. “Encourage yourself, believe in yourself, and love yourself. Never doubt who you are.” – Stephanie Lahart
61. “Try your hardest to be confident in who you are. You are enough – you are beautiful.” – Meagan Tandy
62. “A star does not compete with other stars around it; it just shines.” – Matshona Dhliwayo
63. “No need to hurry. No need to sparkle. No need to be anybody but oneself.” – Virginia Woolf
64. “You were enough, maybe you were too much, maybe he prefers less and you deserve more.” ― R.H. Sin
65. “You are enough exactly as you are, whether you believe it or not.” – Pooja Ruprell
66. “I have learned that I am enough… I have learned that no one else can love me – for me.” – Sabrina Ward Harrison
67. “The single most revolutionary thing you can do is recognize that you are enough.” – Carlos Andres Gomez
68. “All we have to do is forgive ourselves wholly and completely for ever thinking that we are not good enough!” – Jodi Aman
69. “But you’ve always been good enough. You’ve just been giving the best parts of you to the wrong people.” – R.H. Sin
70. “Loving yourself starts with liking yourself, which starts with respecting yourself, which starts with thinking of yourself in positive ways.” – Jerry Corsten
71. “One step to being more confident is to stop thinking about why you can’t possibly be good enough for other people; be good enough FOR YOU.” – Emerah Marie
Now that you’ve read through these enough quotes, how could you doubt that you have something to prove to anyone but yourself?
Seize the day knowing that you are a unique, extraordinary person, and focus on all you can offer yourself, others, and the world.