What are funny questions to ask a girl?
Even if you have a great sense of humor, you’re not alone if answering this question takes some research.
After all, you’re going for more than just an encouraging smile. You’re looking for questions to make a girl laugh out loud.
It’s a tall order, but we’ve got you.
We’ve put together a list of hilarious questions to ask a woman that are sure to tickle her funny bone.
Use them wisely.
What Can I Ask a Girl to Make Her Laugh?
If a girl doesn’t want to laugh, she won’t, no matter much your jokes and pick-up lines might amuse other people within earshot.
But if she doesn’t dislike you, you have a decent shot at getting her to laugh.
Keep the following in mind before you make an attempt:
- Timing — Some times are better for humor than others.
- Language — It pays to know whether or not she’s okay with profanity.
- Context — Depending on circumstances, your innocent joke might be the worst thing that could come out of your mouth.
What Questions Make a Girl Blush?
If you’re more interested in making a girl blush than hearing a sympathetic laugh, you’ll need to know a few things about the girl in question:
- Does she like you (at least a little)?
- How much does she care about what people think of her?
- Will she appreciate a bit of off-color humor or see it as creepy?
Your goal isn’t to mortify her, after all. You’re going for a blush that says, “I cannot believe you said that to me. Keep talking.” Stick with questions that show you’re genuinely curious about her, but you still respect her boundaries.
Mastering that balance will get you the blush you want.
101 Funny Questions to Ask a Girl
You want an organized collection of funny things to ask a girl, and here they are.
Choose from the group that best fits your situation and keep track of your favorites.
Keep in mind, too, that sometimes the humor isn’t so much in the question as in the answers it could lead to.
Silly Questions to Ask a Girl
These are just as the heading suggests — silly, light-hearted, and random. These fun questions can lead to an even goofier conversation that is sure to have you both laughing.
1. Why is there an expiration date on sour cream?
No one asks about this. Why call it sour cream and then imply it can get worse?
2. If you had to have either horns or a tail, which would you choose?
Guess it depends on whether you prefer skirts or hats when you want to lie low.
3. If you lost the ability to talk and could only communicate with animal sounds, which would you use?
To animals, we all sound ridiculous, too. But they make it work.
4. What’s worse: a guy who drives you to drink or one who puts you to sleep?
This doesn’t feel like an either/or situation (at least, not always).
5. If you had to smell like a food for the rest of your life, what would you want to smell like?
Think of good smells that don’t get old — like homemade applesauce or freshly baked bread.
6. Are there daddies as well as mummies in the pyramids of Egypt?
Also, is “daddification” a thing? And what would it look like?
7. If you were a bird, would you steal people’s shiny things or poop on their cars?
I mean, how many perks does a bird have besides flying?
8. Would you rather meet a favorite cartoon character or favorite author for coffee?
What would be more fun — just being in their presence asking a million questions?
9. If God asked you for a good joke, which would you tell?
“Did you hear the one about… Oh, never mind!”
10. If you could replace your hands with anything, what would they become?
It depends on whether you want something useful, decorative, or just plain weird.
11. How would you survive a zombie apocalypse?
Or, related question, would you want to?
12. How do you feel about sporks?
It’s two utensils in one. What do you love or hate about them?
13. What animal would look the strangest without hair?
Also, do you think animals would be affected psychologically by the loss of their hair?
14. What disease did cured ham actually have?
Nothing massive amounts of salt can’t cure. What lesson can we learn from this?
15. If flying is supposed to be safe, why do they call the airport a terminal?
It’s the “end of the line” for something, after all.
16. What would be the cutest infestation your home could possibly have?
Would they be furry, scaly, winged…?
17. What would be the worst “buy one get one free” sale ever?
Think of something you’d only ever need one of. And where would you keep the freebie?
18. If Goofy and Pluto are both dogs, why does Goofy stand upright and Pluto remain on all fours?
Is Goofy more evolved? What message is Disney sending here?
19. What’s the opposite of opposite?
This one broke me. I give up.
20. Are eyebrows considered facial hair?
Does the absence of facial hair mean the absence of eyebrows, too?
21. Can a cemetery raise its prices and blame it on the cost of living?
Think of it as underground house-hunting. It’s a seller’s market.
Funny Questions to Ask Your Girlfriend
Ask any of these questions of your girlfriend as a funny conversation starter. You never know where they might lead.
22. Do you think we should get matching haircuts?
Faux-hawks are so in right now.
23. If you combined your two favorite restaurants, what would be on the menu?
Think hybrid entrees or just hybrid menus — like sushi with cheesecake for dessert.
24. If you could give your dog/cat/pet a superpower, what would it be?
And would you want the same power for yourself — or something different?
25. Do you think I’m as sexy as I think I am?
No mind-reading allowed, except to answer this specific question.
26. If you were a man for a day, what would you do?
Keep in mind, it all goes away at midnight. Make it count.
27. What’s the most ridiculous lie you’ve ever told?
Bonus points for something you’ll never live down.
28. What are your thoughts on getting a tandem unicycle?
It’s the ultimate sign of unity (and a great way to shorten your lifespan).
29. I just met a dude buying a tarp, a shovel, and several rolls of duct tape. How do you feel about an impromptu dinner guest?
How lucky are you? What’s on the menu?
30. If you had to Marie Kondo your kitchen, what would remain?
Goodbye, waffle-stix maker… and the blender that smells like burning motor….
31. How many different recipes do you know for mac ‘n’ cheese?
And what are your thoughts on powdered orange cheese (forever tainted)?
32. Describe a new recipe gone horribly wrong? And did anyone eat it?
Did they eat it out of love? Or were they just too hungry to care?
33. If you could have an actual two-way conversation with God, how would it go?
Also, how would you meet, and what (or who) would God be wearing? Details.
34. What weird habit did you have as a kid and never gave up?
We build habits for a reason. What’s behind yours?
35. What’s the worst date you’ve ever been on?
No need for lurid details, but what made it the worst?
36. If you had to wear one type of shoe for the rest of your life, what would it be?
If it helps, picture a set of icy stairs.
37. When was the last time you burned something, and what was it?
Also, was it an accident? Or is this something that needed to burn?
38. If you had a warning label attached to you, what would it say?
What warning comes to mind when I do this with my eyebrows?
39. If you made a warning label to attach to me, what would it say?
How would you warn other women away? And what’s the goal here?
40. If I had a doppelganger who showed up at your door, how would you know it wasn’t me?
And once you realized that, what would you do?
41. When did you realize you needed someone like me in your life?
And how did it feel, other than euphoric and life-changing?
Crazy Questions to Ask a Girl
Answering these questions will take some imagination, and they can definitely lead to interesting conversations. Have fun with these!
42. What would be better — making anything disappear or making any kind of food appear?
Eliminate the need for parking spots (for example)… or eliminate the need for a kitchen?
43. If your family heard you were arrested, what would they assume was the reason?
What does your family know about you and your sketchy history that I don’t?
44. If you had to choose a primary color for your skin tone, what would you choose?
And would your kids all have a secondary color — or one of their parents’ primaries?
45. Would you rather be a weak superhero or a powerful supervillain?
And would you work alone or with a team of like-minded heroes or villains?
46. Which breakfast cereal mascot would be the most fun to have at a party?
What kind of drunk would they be? And where would they end up?
47. What food would you consider your mortal enemy?
What would a final confrontation between you two look like?
48. What would be the worst thing to put into a piñata?
Is this based on experience? And what’s the weirdest piñata filling you’ve seen?
49. If you could punish someone with a mildly annoying curse, what would it be?
Go as weird as your mind will allow. Paint a picture.
50. If you could shapeshift, what form would you take, and what would you do first?
What problems could you solve by shapeshifting into something or someone else?
51. Why do you think so many people have dreams about being naked at school?
While we’re on the topic, describe a naked at school dream of your own.
52. What crazy thing did you do as a kid that you’re tempted to do again?
What did you gain from it that you’d like to experience again?
53. If a criminal turns himself in, shouldn’t he get the reward money?
Or, depending on what he did, where should the money go?
More Related Articles:
54. If no one buys a ticket to a movie, do they still show it?
Or, if a movie plays in a theater, but there’s no one there to see it…?
55. If you were a cake, what kind of cake would you be?
Describe everything: cake type, filling, frosting, and decorations.
56. What five things do you always have with you, wherever you go?
And are they always the same, or do you mix it up with brands, colors, etc.?
57. What’s your favorite use for a potato?
And does this idea come with a favorite recipe?
58. What’s the least useful thing your parents taught you?
And how many times have you heard the words, “Back in my day…”?
59. How much money have you lost to a grocery store claw machine?
Was this chump change or enough to buy something you actually like?
60. What song, if it played right now, would have you up and dancing or singing along?
Or are you more of a chair-dancing person?
61. Have you ever failed a personality test for a job application?
And did they explain why or how? And how did you react?
62. What’s the craziest thing you’ve ever done to get a crush to notice you?
On a scale of one to ten, how effective was it? Would you do it again?
Funny First Date Questions to Ask a Woman
These funny questions are ideal for a first date with a woman. Her reactions and answers will help you determine whether a second date is a good idea.
63. What fictional character makes you rant the hardest?
What is it about them that drives you crazy?
64. What’s the dumbest pick-up line you’ve ever heard?
Be honest. You’ll be doing me a favor.
65. Did you ever steal candy as a child?
Or was there something else you stole that, even now, no one knows about?
66. If you were a guy, how would you serenade a girl?
Don’t mind me if I take notes.
67. Who was your first celebrity crush?
What did you like about them? And what would you do if you met them?
68. What’s your best “bad first date” story?
At one point, did it start to go downhill?
69. What is your weirdest or least socially acceptable hidden talent?
This is the kind of talent you would only reveal to a friend.
70. What would be your all-time favorite random trivia category?
What do you know a lot about that most people don’t?
71. What’s the weirdest or corniest dance move you’ve ever seen — or done?
And would you be willing to demonstrate?
72. Have you ever used a pick-up line on someone — and what was it?
How did that someone respond? And what made you think of it?
73. If you were on a magazine cover, what would the headline be?
And would you buy extra copies to share with family and friends?
74. Which world record would you most like to break?
What talent or gift of yours would it relate to?
75. What embarrassing song do you know all the lyrics to?
And if this place had a karaoke bar, would you sing it?
76. If I had something stuck in my teeth, would you tell me?
I’ve been smiling since you walked into the room, so… it should be noticeable.
77. What’s your weirdest pet peeve?
We all have ‘em. If yours are as weird as mine, I’ll buy you another drink.
78. Think of a specific product. What’s the worst possible brand name for it?
Think of the most cringe-worthy brand name for something you use.
79. If you could have a mythical creature as your protector, what would it be?
And what are the specific perks that go with this creature?
80. If you could be invisible for a day, what would you do?
Would you mess with someone or use your power to make something amazing happen?
81. What’s the most ridiculous “fun fact” you know?
Have you ever blurted it out when you didn’t know what else to say?
82. Would you rather be able to remember everything or be able to put together any piece of IKEA furniture?
One of these could turn into a side hustle. The other is a mixed blessing.
83. If you could max out your credit card at one store and not pay the bill, what store would it be?
Let’s set the credit limit to $5,000. What would your shopping spree look like?
Funny Questions to Ask a Girl Over Text
These questions are perfect for starting funny texting conversations with a girl you like. But be careful — you could be up all night laughing at each other’s answers.
84. Is it possible for a plant to miss someone? I think you’d better come over.
What is your relationship with most plants?
85. What wine would you pair with the world’s best grilled cheese sandwich?
How much of a wine nerd are you? Show me what you know.
86. What’s a less violent version of rock-paper-scissors?
When did cutting, stoning, and smothering become socially acceptable?
87. What’s your go-to karaoke song?
And do you have any duets in mind?
88. What kid’s movie gives you nightmares?
And what is it about the movie that scares you most?
89. If you could replace the handshake with another gesture, what would it be?
Hands are gross. How about a nod or an elbow bump?
90. What can I do today to help you meet your weirdest goal?
As long as it’s not illegal or morally questionable, I’m open.
91. What’s the most spontaneous thing you’ve thought of doing but decided not to?
And what stopped you from going through with it?
92. Who is the last person on earth you’d want to be stuck in an elevator with?
What are you afraid you (or they) might do if that happens?
93. If you could be any Disney character, who would you be?
Why this character, and how would you spend your first day?
94. Thirty years from now, what do you think you’ll miss the most?
What would you miss most about the age you are right now?
95. If you had to wear a hat or t-shirt with a slogan on it, what would it be?
Also, what slogan on a date’s hat or t-shirt would be a deal-breaker for you?
96. Would you rather end hunger, hatred, or the current presidency?
If you had the power to end one of these, what would do the most good?
97. If you could do anything for one day and get away with it, what would you do?
And would you want your memory erased afterward (or anyone else’s)?
98. Would you rather know the world was coming to an end or remain oblivious?
What would you do if you knew this was your last day on earth?
99. What’s your favorite — and least favorite — holiday candy?
Think jelly beans, Peeps, candy corn, heart-shaped boxes of chocolates, etc.
100. What’s your favorite guilty pleasure?
It’s embarrassing to think about, but sometimes, you just have to have it.
101. Do you need a picture of me for your vision board?
I have them in wallet size or 3 by 5’s.
How will you use these funny questions to ask a girl?
Now that you’re armed with 101 funny questions to ask a girl you like (or the one you’re dating), which ones stood out for you the most?
You might’ve noticed there aren’t any questions here referencing a woman’s body parts. There’s a reason for that. While your girlfriend might not mind indelicate questions about her body, plenty of women would.
And when in doubt, just don’t go there. Making a woman self-conscious is never funny.
That said, may these questions lead to hours of funny and interesting conversations. Who knows what else they could lead to.