If you’re wondering what are the best questions to ask a girl – and maybe one girl in particular – you’ve found just the right article.
Whether you want to learn just enough to decide whether or not to ask for a second date, or you’re ready to ask some deep personal questions, you’ll find some gems here.
These questions will make your conversation more interesting without making either of you uncomfortable.
It should go without saying that you won’t find any cheesy pick-up lines in this article, but there is a time for humor — preferably at no one’s expense.
Some of the following would work as questions to ask a girl over text message, but some are best asked in person, so you can see the look on her face.
So, save the really personal questions to ask a girl for your date nights.
Enjoy this list of questions to ask girls, but don’t bombard your date with them.
Play it by ear and let her responses guide you as to whether you should ask another one — and whether you should lean more toward humor or depth.
78 Personal Questions To Ask A Girl
Interesting Questions to Ask a Girl
These questions should give you both a lot to talk about and allow you to get to know your date better than before.
If your date looks bored – keeps checking her watch or looking toward the door – switch it up with one of the random or funny questions further down.
1. If I could wave a magic wand and take you anywhere you wanted, where would you want to go?
2. If your home was on fire, what would you grab on the way out?
3. When you were little, what did you want to be when you grew up?
4. What’s something you’re really good at?
5. What was your favorite childhood toy (a buddy, blankie, etc.)?
6. What was your worst job and what made it that way?
7. What’s the best advice someone has ever given you? And do you follow it?
8. If you could live anywhere, where would that be?
9. Describe the perfect morning for you.
10. Have you ever not left a tip for a waitperson at a restaurant — and if so, why?
11. When was the last time someone bought you flowers? Did you enjoy them?
Related: 75 Of The Best Questions For Couples
12. When was the last time you did a random nice thing for someone?
13. If money were no object, describe the perfect Valentine’s Day gift.
14. Would you rather work out every day or clean house every day?
15. If you were going to make a million dollar donation to the charity (or charities) of your choice, where would that money go?
This may interest you:
Would you like to question your way to lasting love and intimacy?
If so, then check out my bestselling book called “201 Relationship Questions: The Couple's Guide to Building Trust and Emotional Intimacy“.
Mutual questioning is a powerful technique to draw out deeper emotions and desires and address potential areas of conflict before they disrupt your closeness.
The right questions inspire understanding, compassion, and action for positive change.
16. What is your favorite memory from your childhood?
17. What is the kindest thing anyone has ever done for you?
18. Have you ever had a Cinderella moment — when you tried something on, and it made you feel beautiful?
19. What would you do if a guy asked you to help him with a home improvement project in exchange for a nice dinner out or a home-cooked meal?
20. If you could afford to spend a year traveling throughout a particular country and immersing yourself in its culture, where would you go?
Funny Questions to Ask a Girl
If your hope is to get your date laughing, you don’t need a crazy outfit or a book of jokes.
And don’t try so hard to make her laugh that you make everything awkward.
Respect her enough to let her see the real you. This date isn’t about making her smile or making her laugh; it’s about trying to build a connection. Humor can help with that if you don’t overdo it.
21. What was the most embarrassing thing you remember from school?
22. What do you remember from your most bizarre dreams?
23. If someone were to spill a drink on you right before a date — either up top or down low, where would you prefer it landed?
24. When was the last time a guy used a cheesy pick-up line on you? How did you respond?
25. What would you do if you were offered your dream job and then found out the pay was terrible?
26. When was the last time someone said something to you that made you speechless?
27. What is the worst pick-up line you’ve ever heard?
28. If you could fill a swimming pool with something other than water, what would it be?
29. Where do you think you got your sense of humor?
30. Have you ever wished you could turn into an animal — and, if so, which one?
31. Has an animal ever understood you more than a former boyfriend did?
32. If you had to go without books or sex for one year, which would you give up?
33. Have you ever ruined something you were making for a date?
34. Have you ever gone to the bathroom during a date and found something stuck in your teeth?
35. Would you rather sing karaoke or throw up in the middle of a crowded restaurant?
36. What was (or is) your longest-lasting (celebrity) crush?
37. Have you ever used your purse as a weapon? Or was something else more effective?
38. What’s the bigger turn-off: cheesy pick up lines or bad breath? And what’s worse than both?
39. If you had a date on a school playground, what would be the biggest draw?
Random Questions to Ask a Girl
Sometimes, the biggest laughs and the most fun come from the most random questions, so we had to include some of those here.
You can learn a lot from random questions, but if your date is starting to look bored, try one of the more engaging questions above or below this grouping.
40. Dogs, cats … chinchillas? Or do you love or dislike all animals in general?
41. Are you allergic to anything? Has anyone given you a gift you were allergic to?
42. Do you usually prefer to wear dark colors, bright colors, or muted colors?
43. Would you rather live in a big house out in the country or a small house or apartment within walking distance of a downtown area?
44. Plush carpeting or hardwood floors? Or both?
45. Big kitchen and small bedroom — or small kitchen and large bedroom?
46. Ocean view, lakefront, or something else?
47. Would you rather pay someone to cook for you every day or clean your home?
48. Would you rather invent a cost-effective way to purify the air in large cities or a cost-effective way to create an abundant (and convenient) supply of clean water for people who need it?
49. Do you prefer clothes that are trendy or clothes that suit your own personal style? Or do you merge the two?
50. Would you rather your date opened doors and pulled out chairs for you, or would you rather he did not?
51. Your date shows up wearing jeans and a t-shirt and asks where you’d like to go. What do you tell him?
52. A horse-drawn carriage, limo, or helicopter? List them in order of preference.
53, Burger and fries with a guy you’re into or an expensive dinner with a guy who’s just a friend?
54. Do you usually crave salty things or sweet things?
55. What’s your favorite food item on the Thanksgiving table?
56. Cake or pie?
57. What’s your favorite season, and why?
58. If you could only drink one beverage all week, what would it be?
Personal Questions to Ask a Girl
When it’s time to get personal — assuming your date is up for it — try some of the following questions.
Be prepared to answer the questions, too, if your date follows up with, “What about you?”
Watch your date for any signs that the questions are making her uncomfortable and switch to lighter material, if necessary. You don’t have to get her life story all in one date.
59. Is there anyone in your life you’ve found impossible to forgive?
60. Have you ever been tempted to just quit the life you have and do something different?
61. What is your idea of heaven on earth?
62. Do you think you could ever fall for a guy who didn’t believe the same things you do?
63. If you were getting married, what would be the most important wedding detail for you (other than the groom showing up)?
64. What’s something you’ve always wanted to do but haven’t done yet — and why?
65. What’s something you learned from a past relationship?
66. What do you wish guys knew about girls that, as far as you can tell, they don’t know?
67. What do you like about yourself that most people don’t seem to notice?
68. Who is your best friend, and how did you meet?
69. If you could change anything about yourself, what would it be?
70. Are you addicted to anything — and have you ever broken an addiction?
71. Who is your best friend in your entire family?
72. When was the last time someone saw something in you that you hadn’t seen before?
73. If you could change anything about yourself, what would it be?
[bctt tweet=”78 Of The Best Personal Questions To Ask A Girl”]
74. Do you want kids? If so, how many would you like?
75. How would you keep the romance alive if you were married for 20 or 30 years to a man you loved?
76. Ever voted for someone you later found out was terrible (for the country or just in general)?
77. When was the last time someone forgave you for something you regret doing or saying?
78. If you could get a message to someone you love who has died, what would you say? And do you think it’s possible he or she hears you?
What are your favorite questions to ask a girl?
By now, I’m hoping you’ve found several that made you think, “That’s a good question!” We aim to be helpful.
And if we can help one more couple enjoy a fun and enlightening conversation, this article will have fulfilled its purpose.
So, the next time you’re pondering a date, prepare a list of your favorite questions and go in the certainty that you’ll have plenty to talk about.
And may your curiosity and thoughtfulness serve you well and influence everything you do today.