101 Heart-Melting Pick-Up Lines To Win Over Your Crush
The most romantic pick-up lines set the right tone for meeting someone you find intriguing and attractive.
Even if they’re not interested, you’ve paid them a compliment (without being creepy) and maybe even brightened their day a little.
After all, if you’re not willing to risk some embarrassment to get a date with a special someone, you probably wouldn’t be reading this article.
You’ve got the guts to put yourself out there. And not everyone has.
If you need me to dare you, I dare you. Make a list of your favorite lines from this post, and use one of them the next time you run into your crush.
101 of the Best Romantic Pick-Up Lines
Pick-up lines don’t have to be gross. And if you’re hoping to actually get to know someone, it’s best to keep it clean and focus on making the other person feel noticed and attractive. Use any of the following pick-up lines to give someone special a reason to smile.
Wholesome Pick-Up Lines
If you’re looking for PG-rated pick-up lines, the following are a good place to start. Some are sweet, and some are odd. None of them are pervy or gross.
1. I’m writing an article about the wonders of the world, and I’d like to interview you.
2. I can’t sleep anymore. Thanks to you, my reality is finally better than my dreams.
3. (Holds out hand). I’m going for a walk. Would you hold this for me?
4. I want to live in your socks, so I can be with you every step of the way.
5. If you were a steak, you’d be rare AND well done.
6. Do you like raisins? How do you feel about a date?
7. I know what you’re thinking: “Sure, he looks nice. But can he ride a unicycle?”
8. Would you help me find my puppy? I think he went into that coffee shop.
9. Do you have a map? I just looked at you and forgot where I was.
10. I’d like to start a book club, and with you in it, I know more people would join.
11. You look like one of my favorite (TV) characters. Have you seen <series or movie>?
12. Wow! Leaving my inhaler at home was a HUGE mistake.
13. My counselor told me to find my happy place. And that’s with you.
14. Hi, I was just gonna get a coffee/tea, and something tells me you’d like one, too?
15. It’s been a rough day, but a few minutes in your company would make it a good one.
16. My fortune cookie told me to be more direct. And I’d love to have dinner with you.
17. My phone just told me it’ll self-destruct in one minute if I don’t get your number.
18. Knowing you has already made me a better person. Can I thank you with a date?
19. Seeing you just reminded me to make this day count. Can I buy you a drink?
20. A fresh-baked cookie can make any day better. Can I get you one?
Sweet Romantic Pick-Up Lines
If you’re sweet on someone, and you prefer a slow burn romance to a “damn the torpedoes” approach, try one of the following pick-up lines.
1. I would flirt with you, but I’d rather seduce you with my awkwardness.
2. If I could rearrange the alphabet, I’d put U and I together.
3. My friends bet I can’t talk to the prettiest girl. Can I use their money to buy you a drink?
4. Mind if I take a picture of you for my vision board? Or my Christmas list?
5. Not to be weird, but…. Well, I am. But I think we have that in common.
6. May I have the honor and privilege of sitting next to you?
7. You must be the light I saw glowing at the end of the tunnel.
8. There’s no one else I’d rather survive a zombie apocalypse with.
9. I need to test a theory that food tastes better when I’m sitting with you.
10. Don’t freak out, but I had a dream we were having dinner together.
11. I had another nightmare again. Thank God it wasn’t real! You’re still here.
12. I found the perfect place to take someone special for dinner. Can I take you?
13. I don’t know which I’d rather be — the wall or the one that makes you walk into it.
14. Every time I see something beautiful, I think of you.
15. I miss you when you’re not around. Would you make dinner the best part of my day?
16. I don’t want to scare you, but the harder I fall for someone, the cornier I get.
17. You have no idea how badly I want to give you the date of a lifetime. Or die trying.
18. One minute in your company, and suddenly I’m thinking of new paint colors.
19. Tell me anywhere you’d like to go on a date. And please don’t say “the gym.”
20. Stop me when this becomes true, but once upon a time, you and I went on a date.
21. I’d love to read to you some time. Over a drink. Or dinner.
Cute Pick-Up Lines for Her
Enjoy the following adorable pick-up lines you can use to get a woman’s attention. Where that attention goes or what it leads to is anyone’s guess. In any case, it’s best to keep it classy.
1. I had a clever pick-up line ready, but you’ve made me forget everything, but “Hi.”
2. I’d say God bless you, but it looks like they already did.
3. You’re on my mind so much that I should charge you rent.
4. So, when was the last time you had a date you wished would last forever?
5. I need a motivating quote, and you look like someone who could motivate anyone.
6. I couldn’t help noticing your glass/mug is empty. Can I fix that for you?
7. Hi! You look so familiar! Have we met? (Then introduce yourself.)
8. A mutual friend of ours told me we have a lot in common.
9. Will you join me for dinner, or do I have to lie to my diary again?
10. What would you recommend for a guy who can’t stop thinking about you?
11. If I were to ask you out to see a movie, which movie would you want to see?
12. A date with you might ruin me for anyone else, but I’m willing to risk it.
13. If you said yes to a date with me, where would you want to go?
14. If you were a pizza, you’d have all my favorite toppings. Wanna share one with me?
15. Looks like I finally found someone who can challenge me and make me laugh.
16. Don’t know whether asking you out makes me brave or just tired of settling for less.
17. Just for lighting up the whole room, I’d like to buy you a drink, if you’ll let me.
18. For me, going on a date with you might just be this year’s most important memory.
19. I’m in the mood for good food and even better company. Join me for dinner?
20. The only thing better than a quiet evening with a book is an evening with you.
21. Sorry, I just dropped something. Have you seen my jaw?
More Related Articles:
Cute Pick-Up Lines for Him
Use any of the following cute pick-up lines to get (and hold) a guy’s attention. What you do with it is up to you, but you can often get a sense of whether to settle in or back away slowly. Here’s hoping the signals are worth picking up.
1. Apart from looking like that, what do you do for a living?
2. Mom always told me to follow my dreams. So, where are we going?
3. Are you Netflix? Because I could watch you for hours.
4. If you were a potato, you’d be a really nice potato.
5. If you were a novel, I’d spend all my extra time with you.
6. You’re like my favorite candy bar — half sweet and half nuts.
7. I’m looking for someone who can help me get through this (assigned) book.
8. Mind if I sit here? I don’t think anyone will mess with me if I’m sitting next to you.
9. Whatever scent you’re wearing, I don’t hate it.
10. Just looking at you gave me an idea for a story. So, thank you for that.
11. You mind keeping me company for a bit? It’s been a day.
12. I’m doing research on dinner dates, and I’m wondering if you’d be my test subject?
13. Are you the one spreading the rumor about my accident in the chemistry lab?
14. I’m writing an article on effective pick-up lines. Do you have any for me?
15. I’m wondering if you’ve seen a diary sort of lying around. I’d rather no one read it.
16. Hi. Someone told me you were looking for me? Do I know you?
17. Hi. I bet I can tell three things about you from what you’re drinking.
18. I had a feeling when I came in here — like I was about to meet someone interesting.
Cheesy Romantic Pick-Up Lines
Maybe it’s true that yesterday’s clever pick-up lines are today’s cheesy ones. Or maybe these were always cheesy. In either case, you might at least get a laugh from the one you’re flirting with.
1. Just when I catch my breath, you turn around and make me lose it again.
2. Are you a magician? Because whenever I look at you, everyone else disappears.
3. Are you a 45-degree angle? Because you’re acute-y.
4. Do you like Star Wars? Because Yoda only one for me.
5. Do you play Quidditch? Because you’re a real keeper.
6. Do you smoke pot? Because weed be cute together.
7. Are you Google? Because you have everything I’m looking for.
8. I don’t have a library card, but do you mind if I check you out?
9. If you were a flower you'd be a damnnn-delion.
10. If you were a fruit, you’d be a FINE-apple!
11. I thought happiness started with an H. Why does mine start with U?
12. Is your name Wi-Fi? Because I’m really feeling a connection.
13. Are you a dictionary? Because you just gave my life meaning.
14. Roses are red; my face is, too. That only happens when I’m around you.
15. Your eyes are like IKEA. I get lost in them.
16. You must be the square root of two. Because I feel irrational around you.
17. Do you like science, because I’ve got my ion you?
18. My doc says I’m deficient in something called Vitamin U.
19. If you were words on a page, you’d be the FINE print. And I’d read all of it.
20. I hate to see you go, but I love to watch you leave!
21. Did you know penguins mate for life? I want to be your penguin.
Did you find the romantic pick-up lines that you'll try out?
The most charming pick-up lines are those that make the recipient feel better about themselves as whole people. No one likes being creeped on by strangers.
Too many pick-up lines focus on body parts — lips, eyes, butt, etc.
Too many others make the recipient out to be an angel, which only proves how little the speaker knows the person they’re hitting on. No one is a perfect angel. And we know it.
Pretending otherwise is an insult to your crush’s intelligence.
So, while some of the pick-up lines in this list are corny, the goal here was to avoid those that are gross or stalkery.
I hope you find something just right for a person with class.