How often do you hear anyone talking about the virtues of introversion?
Not often, right?
Sure, there was that time someone remarked on how they didn’t know you had the courage to say what you did.
But now that you think of it, what impressed them was seeing you act more like an extravert.
Where do they think all your great ideas come from?
While they were out socializing, you were at home writing, reading, or maybe creating something while processing your day.
Your mind is a playground of ideas.
So, why not celebrate that with some heartwarming quotes about introversion?
And maybe use them as part of your next creative endeavor.
45 Introvert Quotes to Celebrate Who You Are
1. “I am rarely bored alone; I am often bored in groups and crowds.” ~ Laurie Helgoe
2. “I have to be alone very often. I’d be quite happy if I spent from Saturday night until Monday morning alone in my apartment. That’s how I refuel.” ~ Audrey Hepburn
3. “In order to be open to creativity, one must have the capacity for constructive use of solitude. One must overcome the fear of being alone.” ~ Rollo May
5. “Introverts crave meaning so party chitchat feels like sandpaper to our psyche.” ~ Diane Cameron
6. “I am a minimalist. I like saying the most with the least.” ~Bob Newhart
7. “The highest form of love is to be the protector of another person’s solitude.” ~ Rainer Maria Rilke
8. “When you’re an introvert like me and you’ve been lonely for a while, and then you find someone who understands you, you become really attached to them. It’s a real release.” ~ Lana Del Rey
9. “Introvert conversations are like jazz. Each player gets to solo for a nice stretch before the other player comes in and does his solo.” ~ Laurie Helgoe
11. “After an hour or two of being socially on, we introverts need to turn off and recharge … This isn’t antisocial. It isn’t a sign of depression.” ~ Jonathan Rauch
12. “Your solitude will be a support and a home for you, even in the midst of very unfamiliar circumstances, and from it you will find all your paths.” ~ Rainer Maria Rilke
13. “The secret to life is to put yourself in the right lighting. For some it’s a Broadway spotlight, for others, a lamplit desk.” ~ Susan Cain
14. “As a child I suppose I was not quite normal. My happiest times were when I was left alone in the house on a Saturday.” ~ Charles Bukowski
15. “I don’t have time for superficial friends, I suppose if you’re really lonely you can call a superficial friend, but otherwise, what’s the point?” ~ Courtney Cox
17. “Beware of those who seek constant crowds; they are nothing alone.” ~Charles Bukowski
18. “Telling an introvert to go to a party is like telling a saint to go to Hell.” ― Criss Jami
19. “Solitude matters, and for some people, it's the air they breathe” ― Susan Cain
20. “Whatever kind of introvert you are, some people will find you ‘too much’ in some ways and ‘not enough’ in others.” ~ Laurie Helgoe
21. “Don’t think of introversion as something that needs to be cured…Spend your free time the way you like, not the way you think you’re supposed to.”~ Susan Cain
More Related Articles:
22. “In an extroverted society, the difference between an introvert and an extrovert is that an introvert is often unconsciously deemed guilty until proven innocent.” ~ Criss Jami
23. “Solitude has its own very strange beauty to it.” ~ Liv Tyler
24. “Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something.” ~ Plato
25. “Introverts dislike small talk, but we are fluent in the language of ideas and dreams.” ~ Michaela Chung
26. “Better to keep quiet and let people think you’re an idiot than speak up and confirm it.” ~ Rodney Dangerfield
27. “I think I’m a weird combination of deeply introverted and very daring. I can feel both those things working.” ~ Helen Hunt
29. “There are times I wish I was a master magician so I could disappear into the folds of time.” – Jaeda DeWalt
30. “My idea of a fun night was diving into a massive pile of To Be Read books stacked near my dresser.” – Jeff Sampson
31. “I need space from a world that is filled with millions of mouths that talk too much but never have anything to say.” – Kaitlin Foster
32. “I don’t hate people. I just feel better when they are not around. “ – Charles Bukowski
33. “While others chat, introverts listen, observe, analyze, and collect impressions.” – Laurie Helgoe
34. “It’s not because I don’t want to look at you. It’s that I don’t want to be seen.” – Jonathan Lethem
35. “I believe in annoyed at first sight.” – Steve Maraboli
36. “Introverts treasure the close relationships they have stretched so much to make.” – Adam S. McHugh
38. “I will only have you if you are sweeter than my solitude.” – Warsan Shire
39. “If you’re a true introvert, other people are basically energy vampires.” – Amy Schumer
40. “I restore myself when I’m alone.” — Marilyn Monroe
41. “A little hibernation is good for the mind.” — Michaela Chung
42. “Shyness is inherently painful; introversion is not.” – Susan Cain
43. “I owe my solitude to other people.” — Alan Watts
44. “Alone you’ll thrive. Alone you’ll feel alive.” — Maxime Lagace
45. “True happiness is impossible without solitude.” — Anton Chekhov
How will you use these quotes about introverts?
Now that you’ve looked through the introvert sayings above, what are some ways to include them in your every day?
- Write a favorite weekly quote on a whiteboard you’ll see every day.
- Have a mug created with a favorite quote.
- Design an “introvert scarf” with favorite quotes written on soft fabric.
- Use an app to remind yourself of favorite quotes throughout the day.
Better yet, use more than one to make sure you see at least one introvert quote every day, whether first thing in the morning or while you’re working.
Celebrate your beautiful self, along with all the introverts you know.