When was the last time you took time to think about the reasons why you love someone?
After all, you know you love them.
It’s just not always easy to articulate why. At some point, though, the one you love is bound to be curious as to why you love them.
And when they ask, you want a good answer — one that’s true as well as satisfying.
To help you in this, we’ve created a reasons why I love you list.
Look through it to find the reasons that best fit your love and the unique relationship you have.
175 Reasons Why I Love You
Collect all the reasons below that resonate with you. Make your own “list of things I love about you” to share with your beloved. The following work for loved ones of any gender.
1. You love me even when I find it hard to love myself.
2. Somehow you know exactly what to say to make me feel better.
3. I can’t imagine a better, more fulfilling life than the one I have with you.
4. When you’re holding my hand, I feel like I can do anything.
5. You see me as I am, and you love all of me — not just the parts that are easy to live with.
6. You accept me just as I am. And you trust me to accept and love you, too.
7. We’re both independent people. But when we’re together, we’re inseparable.
8. Every morning when I wake up and look at you, I want to be better — for both of us.
9. No one challenges me like you do, and always with love, humor, and compassion.
10. You know my limits. But you also know when I’m holding back.
11. I am most myself when I’m with you. I don’t have to pretend. It wouldn’t do me any good, anyway.
12. No one has been more supportive of me or my goals as you’ve been.
13. You instinctively know when and how to get me moving again when I stop.
14. When you set your mind on something, you blast through obstacles like a bullet train.
15. You trust me enough to share every important thing in your life.
16. Whenever I talk to you, you listen better than anyone I know.
17. You help me put things in perspective without treating me like a child.
18. You’ve never allowed anything to come between us and pull us apart.
19. I feel calmest and most at home when you’re giving me one of your hugs.
20. Even in a crowded room, whenever I hear your voice, I instantly feel calmer and happier.
21. You are doing everything you can to become a better person, for both our sakes.
22. You know exactly what needs doing, and you do it. I doubt anything could stop you.
23. When I ask for your help, you’re right there. You show up. You always do.
24. I still get butterflies when you look at me. One smile and everything else disappears.
25. I love your voice more than any sound on earth. More than that, I love the heart behind it.
26. You’re kind, encouraging, and thoughtful to everyone.
27. When I’m at my worst, you draw me closer to you instead of pushing me away.
28. You’re the first person I turn to when things go wrong — or when they go right..
29. You’re quick to forgive others and to offer help or encouragement.
30. So often, I come home feeling like a zombie. One look at you, and I feel alive again.
31. You’re always learning something new. You make me want to do the same.
32. I’m at my best when I’m with you. You’re the best friend I’ve ever had.
33. You know me better than anyone, including me. You know just what I need to hear.
34. Wherever you are is home to me. Any place without you feels like a wasteland.
35. I didn’t think it was possible for anyone to love me the way you do.
36. You’ve redefined love for me — and changed everything right along with it.
37. With you, I’ve met my match. You’re the gold standard.
38. Whatever we’re doing, I’ve never enjoyed it as much as when you’re here with me.
39. Whenever I feel that I’ve failed, you remind me of what I’ve gained.
40. You made a place in your heart for everyone in my family.
41. Even when you disagree with someone, I know you still care about them.
42. We understand each other so well, we know when the other wants to leave or needs a hug.
43. We look out for each other. I know you’ll always be there for me.
44. You only make promises you can keep. And you’ve kept every promise you’ve made to me.
45. When I ask you to explain something, you do it without ever talking down to me.
46. You always swap out the wet towels for clean, dry ones when you know I’m showering after you.
47. When your plans fall apart, you roll with it. You adapt. Nothing keeps you down for long.
48. Every time I watch you, I learn something.
49. I love your curiosity and your intense concentration. And I can’t wait to see the results.
50. If I have questions, you’re happy to answer them. Your tone is never impatient.
51. Aside from your excellent taste in choosing me, I love everything about you.
52. I don’t know how you do it, but you always believe in me, even when I don’t.
53. You, more than anyone, have inspired me to reach higher and do more good in the world.
54. I can always talk to you. And I come away with a calmer mind and better understanding.
55. Your love and your wisdom make everything clearer.
56. Your whole face smiles when you do. And there’s nothing in the world I’d rather see.
57. The world feels brighter and more colorful when you laugh. It’s the best sound in the world.
58. You love me even when I’m difficult to be around. You know just what to say to get me out of my own head.
59. From the moment we met, you felt familiar to me, like we’ve always known each other.
60. You make my friends and family feel welcome when they visit.
61. You put so much thought into everything you do for me. And it shows.
62. You, more than anyone, can calm me when I’m upset and lift me up when I’m low.
63. You have a gift for bringing out the best in me.
64. You’ve helped me to know myself better and to understand what I truly want.
65. When I see what you see in me, I want to make you proud.
66. When you plan a date night, I know we’ll both have the best possible time.
67. You’ve opened my eyes to a life I never thought I could have. And I only want that if you can share it with me.
68. You care so much about my success and happiness, and it’s thanks to you we’re now able to enjoy both.
69. I’m ashamed it took me this long to learn how to listen like a friend. I learned it from you.
70. You went out and shoveled the driveway twice in the driving snow to make sure I’d be able to get my car into the garage.
71. You’re brilliant, creative, and you never give up on the things that matter to you.
72. I think about all we’ve been through together so far, and I’m amazed at how much closer we are than we were. I thought I couldn’t love you more. I was wrong.
73. I can’t think of anyone whose company and conversation I enjoy more than yours.
74. It’s gotten to the point I don’t like making big decisions without talking to you first.
75. You’ve helped me avoid costly mistakes with your good sense and quick thinking.
76. You’re the calm in every storm. You help me see through the fog of my anger, anxiety, or grief.
77. You’re the best person to have around in a crisis.
78. No one anticipates what I need better than you, whether it’s a coffee, a hug, or something else.
79. Whenever you know I’ve had a rough day, you do something to brighten it.
80. You make the darkness in the world less scary. Your smile lights up the world.
81. With you, I feel stronger and braver, even when I’m at my lowest.
82. You, better than anyone, know how to get me back on my feet when I’ve fallen.
83. I love how when a movie we’re watching starts to get scary, you reach over and take my hand.
84. You’re quick to give up your seat or your luggage cart to someone who looks like they need one.
85. You’re the most thoughtful and compassionate person I know.
86. My whole outlook changes when you take my hand. Suddenly, I feel I can get through anything.
87. You take care of me when I forget to. You’ve taught me what self-compassion is.
88. I get lost in my head sometimes, and you help me see the way out.
89. Somehow, you know when to help and when to let me do something on my own.
90. If I’m ever carrying more than you are, you’re quick to offer help and lighten my load.
91. People look up to you, and with good reason. You do everything possible to reward their trust.
92. When you know someone you care about is suffering, you make time for them.
93. Those who love you know you’ll be there when they need you.
94. You’re not afraid to share what you believe with all your heart. But you also listen better than most.
95. You care more about relationships than about being right.
96. You don’t change your beliefs depending on whom you’re with.
97. No matter how others see me, when I see the way you look at me, I feel at peace.
98. I don’t need for everyone to love me — just you. You see all of me.
99. I never feel more at peace or more alive than when I’m with you.
More Related Articles:
131 Of The Best Inspirational I Love You Quotes For Him Or Her
The Best Love Poems For Your Husband
68 Totally Relatable Quotes About New Relationships
33 Romantic Love Notes and Texts for Her
100. I can always trust you to be honest with me, and you make every difficult truth easier to face.
101. No matter what we’re doing, you make the time pass more quickly.
102. You keep little mementos of everything we’ve done together.
103. Even when you’re angry, I look at you and want to smile. If the tiniest bit slips out, know that it’s just me loving you.
104. You find beauty in the smallest and most commonplace things.
105. I love that you check in with me each day to see how I’m doing.
106. As soon as I hear your voice or see a text you’ve sent, I feel happier.
107. Your sense of humor makes every struggle easier.
108. If laughter is therapeutic, you’re my favorite doctor.
109. You get me laughing even on days when I don’t think I have it in me to laugh.
110. You respect people’s boundaries, even if you don’t understand them. You treat others as you want to be treated.
111. I love hearing stories about how you became the person you are. Even as a child, you were special.
112. You make me feel as if everything about me matters to you.
113. I love you not just because of the person you are but also because of the person I am when I’m with you.
114. Whatever I cook for you, you seem to enjoy it even when I don’t. You never complain.
115. I love your brilliant, creative mind. I love to hear your ideas — even the crazy ones.
116. You have a way of jumpstarting my brain when it’s tired or muddled.
117. You always remember birthdays and anniversaries, but you don’t judge me if I forget.
118. You make our best memories together new again.
119. Your smile is my favorite thing to look at. When I’m in pain, it’s the best pain relief.
120. When I’m feeling lost, your smile calms me so I can see through the fog.
121. Different as we are, you never try to change me. You accept and love me as I am.
122. I love how you leave notes for me as thoughtful reminders — or just to tell me you love me.
123. Whenever I don’t know what to read next, I just check to see what you’re reading.
124. I never thought I’d love talking about the books I read as much I do with you.
125. You built a treehouse just for us that we can use for private chats or to camp out together.
126. Any place with you is my favorite place. You make it home.
127. Your antics cheer me up every time. No one gets me laughing as quickly as you.
128. I could tell you anything about myself and trust that you wouldn’t think less of me.
129. I love the way you dance. No matter how tired I am, you make me want to join in.
130. I love the way you sing your heart out, just because it makes you feel good.
131.. You celebrate every win with me, and you’re there to help me through every loss.
132. No one has my back like you do. I can always count on you.
133. You’re the most resourceful and creative person I know.
134. I love to see the things you create with whatever you have handy.
135. Even in a crowd, you make me feel as though I’m the only person you want to talk to.
136. I love talking to you — about anything and everything.
137. The thought of growing old with you feels like all my best dreams rolled into one.
138. You’re everything I want most in this life.
139. I love how you see the good in everyone around you, whatever they’ve done.
140. Before you, I didn’t know what to do with my life. You’ve helped me see beyond myself.
141. If anyone could get me to sing live in front of a crowd of people, you could — and only you.
142. You make me want to take risks and face my fears.
143. I love that every time you have a win, you share it. You find a way to make it an even bigger win for someone else.
144. Some of the wisest and most compassionate people I know have known what it’s like to be profoundly sad. I think you must have experienced that.
145. You know my worst flaws, and you’re still here, accepting and loving me.
146. Even when we disagree, you have such respect for me that you listen with all your heart.
Why do I love her?
If you’re making a list of reasons to love a girl who’s turned your life into something more beautiful than you could have imagined, let these ideas spur your imagination.
147. You’re the perfect blend of beauty, compassion, and brilliance.
148. As beautiful as you are on the outside, and you always will be, you’re even more beautiful on the inside.
149. Your face immediately drew me in. Your mind and your heart, though, are what grabbed hold and wouldn’t let go.
150. Your soul is the perfect companion for my soul.
151. If I didn’t love you, it wouldn’t hurt so much when we’re at odds. I’m happiest when we’re in harmony.
152. You give me personal space when I need it, knowing that, sometimes, we all need time to ourselves.
153. You’ve taught me so much about myself and helped me understand what I truly want.
154. Maybe we didn’t see each other right away, but when we did, it was like finding home after forgetting where it was.
155. In every problem we face, you see the possibilities I miss. And when you feel overwhelmed by negative thoughts, you turn to me and let me lift you up.
156. You steadfastly refuse to give up on me — even when I’ve given up on myself.
157. You’re an unstoppable force of nature. Once you undertake something, I can’t wait to see what you’ll accomplish.
158. When I lose faith in my abilities, you find a way to get me believing again.
159. You treat my friends as if you owe them a debt of gratitude, and now I get why. They’ve helped me become the person you love.
160. I love that you trust me enough to be honest with me. And you don’t push me away when I’m honest with you.
161. I love the way you get when you’re on fire to make something happen. And I never doubt you will.
Why do I love him?
If you’re making a list of “Reasons why I love my boyfriend” — or husband, partner, best friend, etc. — here are some worthy additions to consider:
162. With you, I laugh louder, smile more, and cry less. I feel much healthier.
163. You make me feel like I’m enough for you.
164. When I need to cry, I know you’re a safe place for that. You never say things like “Don’t cry,” or “It’s not that bad…”
165. My mind is a better place with you in it. You see the cracks and point to the flowers growing in them.
166. You treat me family as if they were yours. I look forward to when they will be.
167. We can stay up all night talking without either of us getting bored.
168. You’ve always treated me like your equal. You, more than anyone I know have made me feel not only cherished but respected.
169. No matter how busy life gets, you always make time for me when I need you.
170. I love that you hold the door open for everyone who’s close behind you, and you’re quick to lend your umbrella to anyone who needs it.
171. You’re an amazing father to our kids, and I know they, like me, can’t imagine life without you.
172. You’re not afraid to embarrass yourself just to cheer me up or distract me from my thoughts. .
173. When I’m having a bad dream, you reach across the bed and gently pull me toward you. And that’s where I find peace again.
174. One look, and you seem to know just what I need from you.
175. You trust me to help you through every struggle. And you’re there to help me through mine.
Now that you have your reasons, how can you share them?
- Write a love note with a list of your reasons.
- Use sticky notes to leave reasons where they’ll find them.
- Write one of the reasons on a whiteboard or mirror.
However you share these “reasons why I love you,” be authentic. The one you love probably knows you well enough to recognize when you’re exaggerating.
And there’s no need for that. If your love is genuine, express it as only you can.