You’ve got the world’s best boyfriend, but it’s not always easy to put your feelings for him into words.
You want to write a memorable Christmas message for him, but you’re running short on ideas.
Look up “Christmas wishes for boyfriend,” and the sheer number of options can be overwhelming.
But so few of them say anything you’d actually write in your boyfriend’s Christmas card.
We’d like to change that.
What Can I Write in My Boyfriend’s Christmas Card?
How do you say Merry Christmas to your boyfriend in a way that communicates how you feel without putting him on the spot. You want your words to convey your love and appreciation for him—without being gushy or cutesy.
That rules out most greeting cards (except maybe for the funny ones). So, here you are, looking for ideas and hoping to find just the right one for your Christmas together.
We’ve got you covered.
61 Romantic Messages for Him at Christmas
Look through the following messages and make a note of any that resonate with you. Whether you quote them or use them for inspiration, may they help you find just the right words. It’s up to you to deliver them.
1. Every Christmas with you is the best Christmas ever. Let’s start this one with a hug. No one gives better ones.
2. Merry Christmas to the guy who makes everything better, brighter, and more festive this season.
3. Along with being a stand-out boyfriend, you’re also my biggest cheerleader. And I’m always ready to be yours (in every way). Merry Christmas!
4. Being loved by you is my favorite gift this Christmas—and always.
5. A very happy Christmas to the love of my life! Will you stand with me under the mistletoe?
6. What do you give the guy who already has everything he needs to be the best man I’ve ever known?
7. You’ve got me looking forward to Christmas more than I ever have—even as a kid. I can’t wait to spend it with you. I even bought mistletoe this year (no reason). I’ve never understood why it’s such a big deal. But with you, I’m open to exploring that.
8. Merry Christmas to my hero. And you know I don’t use that word lightly.
9. Every day feels like Christmas when you’re here with me.
10. I wish I could mail myself to you. Teleporting would be my favorite superpower right now. I miss you so much and can hardly wait for you to get back here. Just promise me you’ll call so I can at least hear your voice and feel your smile over the phone.
11. Christmas was solidly okay before I met you. You brought the magic. Now I look forward to every holiday with you.
12. I can’t think of anything more beautiful than loving and being loved by you — at Christmas and every day.
13. Merry Christmas to my favorite person in the world. You jingle my bells!
14. The way you love me, you make every day feel like Christmas.
15. I am just sitting here, thinking of your corny jokes and missing you more than I’ve ever missed another human. Merry Christmas, and I love you!
16. Waking up to you on Christmas morning is everything.
17. You walked in, and suddenly it’s about ten degrees warmer in here. Keep this up, and we’ll save a ton on our gas bill. Merry Christmas to my personal space heater.
18. This year, all I need for Christmas is you! Let’s spend it together.
19. The best part of this Christmas is spending it with you. I love you.
20. I have lots of great Christmas memories, but I love making new ones with you.
21. Of all the choices I’ve made in my life, you are, by far, my favorite. Merry Christmas!
22. Christmas was just another holiday before you walked into my life. You’ve made it so much better!
23. I know it’s corny, but I love calling you “Honey” and “Sweetheart” way more than I thought I’d enjoy using those words. Merry Christmas to the man I love more than life! I can’t wait to give you the first Christmas hug (preferably under the mistletoe).
24. I hope you get everything you want this Christmas. I know I have. Love you!
25. I haven’t been this excited about Christmas since I was a kid.
26. Christmas used to be more about obligations and expense than peace and joy. You’ve changed everything. So, thank you! May this be the first of many Christmases together.
27. Now I finally have an excuse to hang mistletoe. So, where do they sell that, exactly?
28. Christmas isn’t a break from reality, but it does give everything a bit more sparkle. You light everything up. And I can’t wait to be where you are.
29. I didn’t think I needed passion in my life (or that I was capable of it) until I met you. Merry Christmas to my favorite person!
30. This will be the first Christmas in a long time that I won’t spend pretending to be happy for other people’s sake. Pretending has its place, but I don’t need it with you.
31. Let’s go sledding this Christmas! I’ll show you my trick for hitting every tree on the way down the hill. Bring a helmet. I’ll bring the First Aid kit (and the cocoa).
More Related Articles
32. You have no idea how pathetic I am right now, counting the minutes till you get here. I can hardly wait to start my first [or “another”] Christmas with you!
33. Merry Christmas! The weather today is chilly but perfect for a walk. Meet me at our favorite spot. Bonus points if you bring mistletoe.
34. This Christmas, I’m spending most of our time apart thinking of you.
35. Merry Christmas to the one I miss more than I’ve ever missed someone. If we can’t spend Christmas together, I hope I can at least brighten your day with this card and the gift that goes with it. Be safe, and know that I’ll be thinking of you all the time.
36. I never laugh as much as when I’m with you. Then I dream of you and wake up laughing. Merry Christmas! Every minute without you is too long.
37. I finally have a boyfriend who understands my need to just quietly read in his company while he reads a book of his own. Merry Christmas to my favorite nerd.
38. Merry Christmas! Thank you for existing and making this world a better place. Get here safely when you can, and you’ll make this the best Christmas yet.
39. Christmas isn’t Christmas without the person I love most. Keep this card with you wherever you go, and I’ll keep yours with me, too.
40. Now that I know what my life is like with you in it, I can’t go back. All I need for a perfect Christmas is to have you here with me. I love you so much!
41. I don’t remember ever being fully alive without you. I existed. I survived. But with you, I feel more joy than I ever thought was possible. I don’t need expensive surprises or elaborate plans for Christmas. I just need you.
42. You’re everything I want this Christmas—and every Christmas from now on. You’re all the miracle I need.
43. My favorite Christmas wish is your happiness. My second favorite is having you here with me. I’ll let you guess at the third.
44. All I want for Christmas this year is you—and something you’ve made yourself. It doesn’t have to be big. I love how creative you are, and I can’t wait to see you!
45. Merry Christmas to the guy who always has my back. You’re the bravest person I know, and I love you.
46. With you, I never feel taken for granted. Even when I’m invisible to everyone else, I know you see me. Merry Christmas to the most perceptive and caring guy I know.
47. Even when you don’t know what to say, I can’t tell you how grateful I am when you’re here. Merry Christmas to my best friend.
48. Happy Christmas to the guy who knows me better than anyone. You make the season merry and bright!
49. How lucky am I that I get to spend Christmas with my favorite person! Whenever you’re here is the best part of any day. And no holiday is complete without you.
50. This Christmas, I hope I can surprise you for a change. You deserve everything good, and that’s exactly what I want for you.
51. When you’re not here, I often close my eyes to remember your face, that smirk that turns me inside out, and the sound of your laugh. It’s my happy place when I can’t actually be where you are. That’s where I’ll be this Christmas, thinking of you.
52. Most guys before you wanted me to be more sociable, more flirty, or more something else. Your loving me just the way I am is something I’ve had to get used to. This Christmas, I want you to feel how much I love and am grateful for you.
53. The more I know you, the more I admire and love you. You’re in a league of your own. And I can’t imagine my world without you in it. Merry Christmas!
54. I added that picture I took of you to your number on my phone. Now I get to see your face whenever you call. This Christmas, I’d like a new picture of you for my phone’s wallpaper.
55. Merry Christmas to the man I love! I wasn’t really into holidays until I met you. You will always be my favorite person to share them with. Also, if you help with the tree, I’ll make your favorite cookies.
56. I’m stronger with you than I am alone. Happy Christmas to the guy who showed me I don’t have to be self-contained or low-maintenance to be worthy of love.
57. More than anything, this Christmas, I want you to know how proud I am of you and how much I love you. I always will. And I can’t imagine you not being my best friend.
58. It took me some time to find the perfect Christmas gift for you this year, and I hope you love it. You deserve all the good things. Let me at least provide some of them.
59. In a perfect world, we’d both ride dragons together and live in a treehouse. But I’ll take any living situation as long as you’re in it with me. Merry Christmas from your biggest fan.
60. Merry Christmas to my favorite road trip companion! I’d go anywhere with you, and any place on earth is a lot more fun with you in it. I love you!
61. I love you more every day! And this Christmas, I want to spend the whole day showing you just how important you are to me. If the fountain of youth could be a person, that’d be you. I’ve never felt stronger than when you’re with me.
Now that you’ve looked through all 61 romantic Christmas messages, which ones stood out for you? And how will you celebrate Christmas this year?