The most powerful tool for happiness is something that you already possess: your mind.
The brain has the incredible ability to rewire neurological pathways to detangle emotional responses like anger or fear and habituate new pathways towards more positive thinking.
One of the ways we can employ this brainpower is through positive affirmations.
The best mantras to live by will reinforce positive outlooks for the future and healthy self-esteem.
Life mantras can significantly alter your perspective, leading to mental and emotional breakthroughs on the journey towards success, fulfillment, and happiness.
To get you started, we’ve created a list of 25 personal mantra examples.
25 Personal Mantras to Live By
1. I am forgiving of my own mistakes. I release all of my self-judgment.
Learning to change means accepting your past mistakes and striving for better judgment. When you start to believe in your intuition, anxiety and fear over the future will begin to lessen. Begin to trust that you know what’s best for you.
2. I am deserving of a powerful, radiant love.
You may not feel deserving of it right now, but repeating this positive affirmation will reinforce your self-esteem. You are worthy of love, and that worth is intrinsic within you. Practicing these thoughts will bring forth your trust in them.
3. Comparing myself to others doesn’t feed me. Collaboration and community fulfill me. I inspire others, and I allow others to inspire me.
Negative emotions like envy and jealousy have a powerful hold over us. They prevent us from forming meaningful connections with people whose talents can inspire and serve us. Collaboration has more potential for exciting opportunities than competition.
4. I did the best that I knew how at that moment. I have received the wisdom to grow from that experience.
Many of us tend to mull over embarrassing memories or hurt that we’ve caused, unable to let go of that regret and pain. Regret isn’t conducive to growth, so it is essential to forgive yourself for past actions and recognize that you did your best.
5. I am capable of overcoming my greatest fears and trust in my intuition to lead me on the right path.
You are powerful and capable of great feats. Use fear as a motivating tool, and learn to distinguish it from intuition. Some fears are justified and help you tread your path with caution. Sometimes fear just signals the beginning of growth.
6. My friends love me for who I am. I am not a burden.
Being vulnerable isn’t easy. Showing your true self to your friends means letting go of the fear that they won’t accept you for who you are. Trust that the people you know and love also know and love you.
7. I no longer crave validation but meaningful connections. I am secure in myself and who I am.
You don’t have to change to gain approval from other people, and you don’t need approval from other people to present your true self to them. Finding security in yourself will open doors to honest and empowering relationships.
8. I possess the power to change what isn’t working in my life.
You know when something isn’t working, whether it is a hobby, a negative living environment, or a relationship. You are deserving of accepting conditions that bring positivity.
9. I feel comfortable being honest with others about my feelings. Expressing myself soothes me and leaves room to accept more light.
It’s important to learn to speak the truth to yourself and to others. Find peace in communication that is open and honest. Releasing your truth will leave room for embracing acceptance.
10. I am exactly where I need to be.
Believe in the timing of the universe. You are already on the path where you need to be in order to achieve your dreams.
More Related Articles:
11. I radiate love and receive love in return.
You get out of something what you put in. Every action has an equal reaction. When you send love into the universe, you are signaling your openness to embrace it.
12. I embrace my beauty. I am becoming the best version of myself.
This affirmation helps you to overcome negative self-talk about your experience and feel more confident in who you are and who you are becoming. Be bold and move with the current of your inner wisdom. Your beauty is inherent within you.
13. I love my body. When I look in the mirror, I see my true and beautiful self reflected.
Your body does so much for you. It loves you and works hard to keep you healthy. Positive affirmations are helpful in learning to appreciate and adore your body for what it is and what it can do.
14. Tomorrow is a new day to welcome joy and positivity into my life. I am excited by what the day will bring.
Living in the present and looking forward brings more joy than being stuck in the past. We can’t control everything that our future brings us, but we can be open to it. Positive framing attracts positive outcomes.
15. I have many talents and gifts to offer the world. I inspire others.
Every person has something to give that can inspire others. Whether you are an artist, a healer, or make the best-grilled cheese, your gifts have meaning and purpose. Your talents have the power to heal yourself and help other people realize their own gifts.
16. Every day, my pain is healing. I am letting go of suffering and things that no longer serve me. I hold a profound joy within.
Healing from past experiences can take some time. It’s okay to still be in the middle of that process. As you let things go, you will find it easier to connect to those feelings of happiness. As you repeat this mantra, visualize yourself in a beautiful place full of joy.
17. I don’t owe anyone my truth. I speak my truth because I am proud of who I am.
You should never feel obligated to give over parts of yourself to someone else. However, learning to share and be open with your truth can be incredibly empowering.
18. It’s okay if some people don’t like me or disagree with my opinions. It is not okay for people to disrespect me. I am worthy of respect.
Not everyone you meet will be your biggest fan. It is essential to be comfortable with being disliked, as some people just don’t click. However, being on different pages does not mean that they can disrespect your character or choices.
19. Other generous souls are attracted to my giving spirit. I am open to receiving positive and mutually beneficial relationships in my life.
Friendships should be a harmonious balance of give and take. Look for the relationships where you receive love as much as you give it. When you give generously to the universe, it tends to return the favor.
20. My success is inevitable.
Believing that you have the potential to succeed is half the battle. Achieving self-actualization beings with imagining the future you deserve and learning to embody it.
21. My future will be prosperous. I attract abundance, and I am worthy of the riches I receive.
Positive affirmations have been thought to help manifest your earning potential and bring prosperity into your life. Repeating this mantra will allow you to release positive energy into the universe.
22. My mind is a magnet for positive outcomes from the universe.
The mind has the potential for manifesting what you truly want, along with the ability to cope with what comes your way. This mantra will help open you up to the power of your own mind and to learning the lessons that will lead you to wisdom.
23. I deserve to take the time to have fun, relax, and center myself. My value is not tied to my productivity.
When you dedicate a significant amount of your life to work, you deserve to fill your free time with things that bring you peace, fun, and enjoyment. You are allowed to find fulfillment in doing nothing.
24. My potential is unlimited.
In order to achieve your goals, you must believe that they are possible with the gifts you currently possess and are continually cultivating. Your potential is only limited when you think it is.
25. I honor my sensitivity, and I treat myself with compassion.
Being an empath can sometimes feel overwhelming without proper boundaries. Learning to establish boundaries with yourself requires giving yourself the same compassion you give to others and expect the same in return.
How will you use these mantras to live by?
Positive mantras can have a profound effect on your self-esteem. As you create new neural pathways in your brain, you begin to let go of the thinking that was holding you back.
Here are a few ways to incorporate these short mantras into your life:
You may not feel confident at first. The words may not feel like your own, but your mind will soon accept these mantras and your belief in them will grow.