25 Rainy Day Date Ideas To Salvage Your Plans For Fun
You and your partner are thinking about where to go for a date when it suddenly starts raining.
Ah, rain… Romantics everywhere agree: A rainy day is quite dreamy, isn’t it?
Well, it may be in The Notebook or Breakfast at Tiffany’s but, in real life, we paint a completely different picture.
When you think about a date, a rainy day definitely isn’t your go-to setting. After all, shivering in the cold with wet feet and ruined hair totally kills the mood.
So you think, “Should we call it off?”
Not at all! There are a million rainy day activities for couples that are romantic and super entertaining — and you can still be warm and dry.
In addition to an umbrella, all you need is a bit of creativity and openness to find all the fun things hiding beyond any drizzle or storm.
Are you ready to transform rain into an opportunity to spend some quality time together?
Let yourself be inspired by these 25 ideas and make the most out of your rainy day date!
25 Fun Rainy Day Date Ideas
Indoor (at Home) Rainy Day Date Ideas
1. Plan a romantic dinner in for your partner — cook, light some candles, grab some wine, and have romantic music playing in the background. Then build a fire to sit next to and watch a romantic movie that you will both love.
2. Have a game day at home with all of the board game classics like Monopoly, Chutes and Ladders, and Sorry! Keep score of who wins the most!
3. Bake some homemade cookies together with the intentions of distributing them to your neighbors. Whether or not that actually happens is up to you!
4. Teach each other how to do something that each person has never tried, like playing an instrument, a new card game, baking a pie, or juggling.
5. Learn a new dance together by watching YouTube videos. Master it so you can do it together next time you go out. You can try the Salsa, the Waltz, or even breakdancing– have fun with it!
6. Watch TED talks together and then discuss what you learned. There are some really funny ones and really enlightening ones as well — just find what interests you.
7. Build a giant, adult fort and watch a movie together. Gather all of the sheets and pillows in your house and get creative with your fort building. Plan a picnic dinner for a cozy meal in your fort while you watch.
8. Binge watch a new Netflix series that you have been interested in for a while but haven't had the time to catch.
9. Create an at-home spa and relax all day together. Take out the bubble baths and the massage oils and pamper one another while you let the stress of the week melt away.
Related: 28 First Date Tips For Men and Women
10. Why not a trip… down memory lane? Explore your old family photos and even your dreaded high school yearbooks. There’s nothing like sharing old memories to bring you two closer (or you can just laugh at the funny photos of you as kids and those awful high school haircuts).
11. Try the famous 36 questions that lead to love. Researchers affirm that answering these 36 questions and looking into each other’s eyes for four minutes can make anyone fall (even deeper) in love.
12. Get outside and play in the rain. You have to make the best of it together and you will likely end up turning to each other once you get cold.
The Best App For Couples To Plan Date Nights
With the Cozi Family Calendar and Family Journal, you can easily plan unforgettable date nights, coordinate family celebrations, and capture important moments.It's Time To Get COZI!
Around Town Rainy Day Date Ideas
13. Get a couples' massage or a side by side facial at a spa together. You can even go for the mani and pedi — which is popular with the guys, by the way.
14. Play some video games and foosball at your closest arcade. This will help you reminisce to the good old days when you played video games from the '90s.
15. Find out your futures together by going to see a psychic. Whether you believe it or not, it will give you a lot to talk about when you're finished.
16. Go bowling. Who doesn’t like bowling? Talk about a fun activity to do on a rainy day! Not to mention that a bit of friendly competition can surely spice up your relationship.
17. Go to a museum — and, if possible, go to an interactive museum to really enjoy the day.
Related: 37 Amazing Second Date Ideas
18. Go to the jump park. Sure, you will probably be among many people who are much younger than you, but you will have a blast and you will definitely get some good exercise in.
19. Visit a pool hall. Its a fun, old-school rainy day activity for adults. Maybe by the time you finish your game, the rain will have stopped.
20. Go to the theater. When was the last time you saw a play? Movies are great, but live theater on a stage is a higher cultural activity that helps you access your emotions and share them together.
21. Find a brewery tour nearby. Even if you don’t know much about craft beer and wine, isn’t rain a good excuse to go for a tasting together? Better yet, find one in a nearby town. Who knows, maybe it isn’t raining there!
22. Give rain photography a shot, if you’re not afraid of getting wet. Grab a cover for your camera and find the most beautiful sides of this rainy day together.
23. What about some live music? Go to a jazz bar for a romantic jazzy experience or find a fun concert in your area. You might just find your new favorite artist.
24. Feeling adventurous? Go for indoor rock climbing! Nowadays, many gyms offer this exciting activity with trainers and equipment available on site. You may not be good at it but you’ll certainly laugh a lot.
25. Try going for a scenic drive, if it’s a quiet, drizzly day. Sometimes we assume that the rain has to keep us indoors, and we miss much of the allure of the beauty and atmosphere of our surroundings. Go for a ride and discover a new way of looking at the places that surround us.
What rainy day date ideas do you have?
We're sure you can find a rainy day activity for couples on our list that is perfect for you. But maybe you have an idea to share in the comments below.
Regular dates keep your relationship fresh, your romance alive, and they boost your communication skills and closeness with each other.
Don't let the rain stop you from relishing all the benefits of dating. The most important part is just being together — and enjoying yourselves!
With a bit of inspiration and a loved one beside you, there’s much you can do to nurture your bond and have a ton of fun together on a rainy day.
Let rain spark your creativity and encourage you and your partner to have the best date ever!
May your mutual love and ingenuity influence your rainy day date and everything else you do today!