How many different ways are there to say, “Have a good evening”?
Since your choice of words and overall message depend on the nature of your relationship, you've probably already found hundreds of ways to say it.
But sometimes, when the day you've had makes it harder to come up with the right words, it helps to have a list of thoughtful good evening messages to use.
We hope you find some new favorites in the list below.
You'll find them grouped according to their recipient and general mood.
- 81 Good Evening Messages for The Ones You Love
81 Good Evening Messages for The Ones You Love
Whether you're looking for a novel way to say, “Good evening, sweetheart,” to your spouse or one of your kids, or you'd just like to leave a friend or coworker with some words of encouragement or support, you'll find something here worth sharing.
Good Evening Love Messages
However stressful it may be, the best way to end any day is with beautiful words for the people you love.
These are ideal for situations when you can't be together or you're looking forward to their return.
1. Now that other people have enjoyed your company for most of today, I look forward to having you all to myself this evening. See you soon!
2. An evening with you is the best way to end any day, whatever we end up doing together. You make everything more fun.
3. I miss you so much when you're not here! Have a great evening, and know I'll be thinking of you (and of us) every waking minute.
4. Every time I think of you, I wish you were here. Thank God it's finally evening, and we can make up for lost time.
5. The best thing about evenings is coming home to you. And if there's anything I can do to make your evening better, let me know.
6. By the time evening comes, I've already spent much of the day looking forward to it because it means being where you are.
7. You have a way of transforming even a tough day into one I remember with a smile. Evenings with you are magic.
8. I can't believe I get to spend my evenings with the love of my life. I can't think of a better way to wrap up any day.
9. Finally, I can put all my distracting thoughts to good use. Here's to a beautiful evening for the both of us.
10. I can't wait to see you and hear about how your day went. I miss you and look forward to spending the evening together.
11. The sun might be going down, but my whole world lights up when you're here. This evening belongs to us.
12. Every evening with you is an evening worth staying awake for. I love you!
Good Evening Messages for Her
Brighten up her evening with a thoughtful message to remind her how you feel about her. Reading your words will lift her up and help you reconnect at the end of the day.
13. You have no idea how many times I've thought of you today. I send you all my love this evening, with all my dangerous thoughts.
14. You don't know how badly I want to hold you right now. And I look forward to someday spending every evening doing that and more!
15. In case I don't say it enough, you've always been enough. I'm continually impressed by you and grateful to be yours. You will always be my favorite.
16. I used to think it was corny to call someone your muse, but that's what you are to me. I send you all my love and the warmest of hugs.
17. You're everything I've been looking forward to all day today (and every day since I met you). Here's to a thoroughly enjoyable evening!
18. Every time I see fresh flowers, I think of you. Speaking of which, I hope you have a vase ready for our date this evening.
19. You make me want to learn all your favorite recipes and make them one by one. Guess what I'm cooking up for you this evening.
20. You look perfect this evening. Don't change a thing. Just let me enjoy it.
21. I can't wait to see you and spend another evening with you. Let's make time for an uninterrupted conversation after dinner.
22. I must have loved you in a past life because I can't imagine coming home to anyone but you. You make evenings my favorite part of the day.
23. A definite upside to the colder months and the earlier sundowns is spending the evening cuddling with you.
24. Now that it's evening again, you should know I can't let a day going by without trying to seduce you.
Good Evening Messages for Boyfriend
Share any of these messages to let your boyfriend know you're thinking of him and looking forward to being in the same room with him. Add as much spice as you like.
25. Whatever I can share with you, I love even more. I look forward to sharing more of our favorite things with you this evening.
26. Sometimes, I have to remind myself we don't actually live together. But spending time with you always makes my evenings better.
27. You're by far the best thing on my mind this evening (and every other time I'm awake). I love you and miss you! Send kisses.
28. I miss your hugs already, and this evening feels colder without them. I miss your smile, too, and everything about you. Send help.
29. I love everything about you. I'll gladly tell you this every evening, so you can go to sleep knowing you're my favorite person in the world.
30. I've imagined this evening all day. I've had to add extra things to my to-do list just to keep busy. So, thanks for that.
31. I love spending my evenings with you. Wherever you are is where I feel most alive, most at peace, and most myself.
32. Not long ago, I wondered if I'd ever have passion in my life. Then I met you, and my evenings overflow with it. You're worth the wait.
33. I'm ready to spend another evening with my hot, brainiac boyfriend. Have you seen him?
34. Every evening, I can hardly wait to be alone with you. You fill my thoughts.
35. Help me make my bucket list for the year this evening. You're an important part of it. I love you!
36. You have a way of decluttering my mind and turning it into one very worthwhile focus. I look forward to another evening with you.
Sweet Good Evening Messages
When you want your good evening message to be all sweetness and suitable for anyone you care about, try one of these.
37. I hope you're having a relaxing evening after the day you must have had. I send hugs and look forward to yours. Love you!
38. I heard a song today that reminded me of you. I hope your evening is full of good things. I miss your face!
39. Whatever challenges you've met today, I've no doubt you handled them well or at least learned something from them. Have a restful evening.
40. I'm glad you've reached home safely, and I hope your evening is as relaxing and enjoyable as your workday has been long.
41. Just a quick note to remind you you deserve all the best life has to offer. May your evening be full of good things.
42. I send you a hug this evening to remind you I love and miss you. May your evening be the perfect end to this day.
43. Evening is here, and I hope you're safely back home with your family. I send my love and hugs to all of you.
44. Good evening to someone whose hugs I look forward to all day. Get those arms ready.
45. After the day you've had, allow me to make this evening whatever you need it to be.
46. The flowers you sent are still beautiful and remind me of your smile. I love you!
47. I've loved you for more than two decades now, and evenings with you have only gotten better.
48. Thank you for the fun evening we're about to have. I trust in your weirdness. Every minute with you is well worth the wait.
Good Evening Messages for Friends
Send some love to a friend with one of these thoughtful good evening messages.
49. I know you must have worked hard today (it's what you do), so I hope you're taking time this evening to relax and enjoy yourself.
50. Every time I hear about you, I'm inspired to do better and to learn more. You have that effect on me. Enjoy your evening!
51. In case you were wondering this evening, anyone would be lucky to have you as a friend. Have a beautiful evening!
52. Even when you're irritating, I can't help smiling when I think of you and wishing you were here. Have a great evening!
53. I envy your coworkers because I know you inspire them and keep things lively. I'm proud of you and am missing you this evening.
54. Now that you're home again after helping and supporting others, do the same for yourself this evening. Be as kind to yourself as you are to others.
55. Good evening to someone who always helps me put things in perspective. I miss your face and your humor.
56. I never laugh as hard as when you're around. Enjoy your evening, and please visit again soon.
57. I was just thinking of you, and I hope you're enjoying your evening after what, knowing you, was a productive day.
58. Thanks to you, I've learned things that have changed my life for the better. You really are something. Have a great evening.
59. I can't imagine (or don't want to think about) life without you in it. Wishing you a restful evening.
60. Talking to you is so easy, and I wish we could talk more often. I miss you and wish you an evening full of good things.
More Related Articles
Good Evening Text Messages
Thanks to the miracle of texting, any evening is a good time to send a loving message to someone you care about.
61. Thinking of you this quiet evening. I hope you're relaxing at home and enjoying something good. Love and hugs to you!
62. I hope you accomplished the most important things on your list today. But spend some time this evening doing something nice for yourself.
63. Just a quick note to let you know we're thinking of and rooting for you. Have a great evening, and do something nice for yourself.
64. You have been selected to receive this good evening message to the most beautiful human being on the planet. That would be you!
65. Thinking of you and hoping you have a relaxing evening knowing you are loved beyond words. Hugs to you.
66. Hope your evening is going well. Mine has been spent thinking about you and remembering our fun day together.
67. Thinking of you this strange evening, mostly because I love the way your mind works. You're curious, just like me, and I appreciate that.
68. Just a quick message to say have a good evening, and you have the most beautiful smile I’ve ever seen.
69. My evening would be so much better with you in it. But I’ll settle on dreaming about you.
70. My thoughts are not what they should be this evening. Tell me something good. Thank you in advance for helping me hit the reset button.
71. Your presence is very much missed this evening. I send a hug with this and hope to see you again soon!
Good Evening Quotes
If you’d rather share a message in the form of a quote, we have you covered. These good evening quotes are a special way to let your loved one know how you feel.
72. “O, thou art fairer than the evening air clad in the beauty of a thousand stars.” — Christopher Marlowe
73. “Friendship is the shadow of the evening, which increases with the setting sun of life.” — Jean de Le Fontaine
74. “In the morning there is meaning, in the evening there is feeling.” — Gertrude Stein
75. “Every sunset brings the promise of a new dawn.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
76. “The evening sings in a voice of amber, the dawn is surely coming.” — Al Stewart
77. “Let us go then, you and I, When the evening is spread out against the sky.” — T. S. Eliot
78. “There is an evening twilight of the heart, When its wild passion-waves are lulled to rest.” — Fitz Greene Halleck
79. “My day is done, and I am like a boat drawn on the beach, listening to the dance music of the tide in the evening.” — Rabindranath Tagore
80. “Be thou the rainbow in the storms of life. The evening beam that smiles the clouds away, and tints tomorrow with prophetic ray.” — Lord Byron
81. “Each morning sees some task begun, each evening sees it close; Something attempted, something done, has earned a night's repose.” — Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
Did you find the perfect good evening message for the one you love?
Now that you've looked through these good evening messages, which ones stood out for you? And aside from texting them, how will you put your favorites to use?
We've got some ideas:
- Slip a note underneath their dinner plate or into their hand.
- Write the message on the bathroom mirror (with a washable marker).
- Have a message written on a custom wine label or on a note with flowers.
- Leave a note under the windshield wiper of his or her car.
You know your loved ones better than we do, so you'll probably come up with some brilliant ideas of your own.