Have you ever made an aggressive to-do list before bed but woke up the next morning feeling completely unmotivated to tackle it?
Or set a lofty goal for yourself only to talk yourself out of taking any concrete steps toward progress?
If so, then you may be a victim of negative self-talk.
What you tell yourself and believe about yourself and your abilities significantly impacts your life and well-being.
Positive affirmations for motivation may be just what you need to help you succeed.
What Are Motivational Affirmations?
An affirmation is something you tell yourself and believe to be true. To affirm something is to state your support for it.
Repeatedly doing so validates the thought and affirms it in your mind. This effect applies whether the statement is positive, negative, or somewhere in between.
Put simply – it matters what you say to yourself. Regularly telling yourself you are worthy, capable, and motivated leads you to adopt these feelings. Conversely, constantly reminding yourself of your mistakes and shortcomings results in low self-esteem.
Your brain is powerful and capable of changing and adapting to new circumstances throughout your life.
You can train your brain to believe almost anything. You can choose to think about things that make you feel good or things that make you feel bad. You decide.
Benefits of Affirmations
Motivation words of affirmation are beneficial when applied correctly.
While they won’t magically create results on their own, significant positive changes in your motivation can occur when you pair affirmations with action. Believe in your ability to succeed, and then make it happen.
Even if you don’t currently feel motivated or capable of getting things done and achieving your goals, you can use motivational affirmations to rewire your brain’s thought patterns.
You can train yourself to be more optimistic and aware of opportunities and possibilities instead of seeing all the reasons something can’t or won’t happen.
Over time, affirmations can provide benefits like:
- Better focus on your goals
- Improved confidence
- Increased feelings of self-worth
- More resilience
- Increased positivity
- Improved relationship with yourself
How to Use These Daily Motivational Affirmations
It’s not as simple as just repeatedly telling yourself something and waiting for your brain to believe it. To make the most of motivational affirmations, try the following:
- Choose statements that are meaningful to you. Use some from our list below, or use them as inspiration to create your own.
- Use affirmations you believe to be true on some level. Rather than using statements that feel false or unattainable, use those that reflect truth but also the potential for improvement. Adjust as needed to match your gradually improving mindset.
- Use affirmations daily but don’t worry when you use them. Some people prefer to use them first thing in the morning, while others prefer right before bed. Some find once a day is often enough, while others use motivational affirmations multiple times a day when you need a pick-me-up or find yourself stuck in a negative thought pattern.
Methods for Using Affirmations
Again, the method is less important than actually doing it. Choose whatever process works best for you.
- Journal them. Use a paper journal, the notes app on your phone, or an affirmations app.
- Recite them. Preferably aloud. In front of a mirror.
- Visualize them. Picture yourself in the situation as if it were true.
- Post them. Use sticky notes or print them out and place them around your home, car, office, etc.
57 Motivation Positive Affirmations to Inspire You
Use these motivation affirmations to inspire you to adopt positive thoughts and beliefs about your life, goals, and yourself.
1. I have legitimate talents, and I deserve to be well paid for my skills.
2. I am a winner, and I embrace the mindset of a true winner.
3. I am a highly motivated person, and I enjoy getting things done.
4. I have all the strength and confidence I need to succeed.
5. I feel worthy and valuable as an individual and am capable of reaching my goals.
6. I am capable of efficiently handling everything that comes my way.
7. I recognize and take advantage of opportunities presented to me.
8. I focus on things I can control and let go of the rest.
9. I have enough, I do enough, and I am enough.
10. I make progress toward my goals every day.
11. I am committed to working toward my goals every day.
12. I am deserving of success, and I have everything I need to succeed.
13. I lovingly believe in myself, my abilities, and my life’s purpose.
14. I am motivated to get things done, whether I feel like it or not.
15. I effortlessly remain motivated to achieve my goals.
16. I am completely and thoroughly confident in my skills and abilities.
17. I trust my intuition to guide me in the right direction.
18. I am now free of self-doubt and limitations that have held me back.
19. I choose to focus on things that are important to me.
20. Every day, I feel more and more motivated to achieve my goals.
21. I effortlessly achieve anything and everything I put my mind to.
22. I am proud of all the progress I have made in my life.
23. I forgive myself for my mistakes and learn from them.
24. I choose to embrace the day with confidence, positivity, and gratitude.
25. I am a unique and worthy person and deserve to make my dreams come true.
26. I am a valuable human being and am worthy of happiness.
27. I love myself unconditionally, regardless of what others think.
28. I allow myself to feel whole, empowered, worthy, and alive.
29. I appreciate and respect myself at all times, around all people.
30. I always remain optimistic even in difficult situations.
31. I am naturally energetic and feel motivated to get things done.
32. I remain centered, focused, and in control of all aspects of my life.
33. I have the confidence and motivation I need to achieve anything.
34. I am on the right path and am right where I need to be.
35. My mind and body are very powerful and full of energy.
36. I am motivated to take action to create the life I want.
37. I release all fear and allow myself to feel powerful and capable.
38. I am strong and resilient and can overcome any obstacle I face.
39. I always have a choice, and I choose to take action.
40. I firmly believe in my ability to achieve great things.
41. I am becoming more and more successful every day in every way.
42. I am in control of my feelings, and I choose to feel patient and calm.
43. I am smart enough. I am strong enough. I am good enough.
44. I feel passionate about achieving my goals and fulfilling my purpose.
45. I openly embrace and pursue the endless opportunities of the universe.
46. I know what I want, and I take action to get it.
47. I am brave. I am strong. I am courageous. I am powerful.
48. I am unstoppable and have the power to create change in my life.
49. I am doing my best, and that is good enough.
50. I am attracting positive people and opportunities into my life.
51. I am stronger than any struggle I face in life.
52. I am an amazing person, and I stand up for my values and beliefs.
53. I am my authentic self and happy with who I am.
54. I am strong, determined, consistent, and capable of making smart decisions.
55. I matter. My opinions matter. My goals matter. My voice matters.
56. I am motivated by obstacles because that’s how I get stronger.
57. Today and every day, I am capable of living my best life.
More Related Articles
What Are 10 Motivation Affirmations You Could Say Daily?
Powerful daily motivational affirmations can help you maintain a positive mindset and stay motivated to reach your goals.
You can choose from these ten statements every morning to set the tone for your day.
58. I lovingly embrace this day with an open heart and open mind.
59. I am filled with positive energy today and every day.
60. I am ready for all the fantastic opportunities this day brings.
61. I feel successful and powerful as I follow my dreams today.
62. I am in charge of my thought and feelings, and I choose to feel joy and happiness.
63. I feel more alive and vibrant than ever before.
64. I choose to live my life freely, fully, and passionately.
65. I have the power to create change in my life.
66. I am overflowing with energy and confidence today.
67. Today I am dedicated to having a meaningful and productive day.
You can harness the power of affirmation motivation to create an amazing reality for yourself–one in which you feel motivated, empowered, and capable of being anything you want to be and doing anything you want to do.
That positive mindset and belief in yourself enable you to take action to achieve even your wildest dreams!