Every now and then, we all need a gentle reminder of what we're capable of accomplishing — especially when we're stuck in self-doubt.
To get this boost, we often turn to motivational quotes that have helped people throughout the ages gain perspective and inspiration to achieve their goals.
When you need a boost and want to begin trusting in yourself, you'll be surprised at how powerful and mind-shifting the right quote can be.
It's most effective to read the words out loud of those who have achieved something great in their life. You want the message to sink into your psyche, and speaking out loud can help you do that.
We've compiled a list of trust yourself quotes that will remind you to have faith in yourself, even when you're not quite sure you can successfully complete the task at hand.
Read these motivating words below, and let the messages fill you with hope and confidence so that you learn to quelch self-doubt and believe in yourself.
Why You Should Believe in Yourself
Before we get to the quotes, let's talk about why you need to work on believing in yourself.
1. Believing in yourself inspires others to believe in you.
Some people think that luck or resources are what lead people to success, but the truth is, the one thing that successful people have in common is a belief in themselves.
But success involves the support, resources, and guidance of other people. These people need to see that you believe you are capable to inspire them to believe in you.
2. Believing in yourself boosts your confidence.
Unfortunately, it's common to find yourself with low confidence during the times when you need it the most.
We often allow our insecurities and doubts to disrupt our beliefs in our own abilities and make us lose sight of what we're capable of doing. These insecurities cause us to neglect our goals, decreasing self-confidence even more.
Believing in yourself, even if you aren't 100% sure of your abilities, will boost your confidence giving you the energy and momentum to make things happen.
3. Believing in yourself reinforces tenacity.
When you have faith in your own abilities, you'll keep going even during times of failure, knowing you can overcome setbacks and roadblocks. Your positivity will inevitably lead you to success.
4. Believing in yourself inspires you to take action.
When you lack confidence in your abilities and value, you get stuck and fear to take any action because you're concerned about failing.
But just a small about self-belief is enough to get the ball rolling and prove to yourself you can accomplish more than you previously thought.
If you need some inspiration to start believing in yourself, here are 31 quotes to help you have faith in yourself so you can be triumphant in all of your endeavors.
31 Inspiring Believe in Yourself Quotes
1. “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover.” – Mark Twain
2. “Everything you’ve ever wanted is on the other side of fear.” – George Addair
3. “As soon as you trust yourself, you will know how to live.” – Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
4. “Pride is holding your head up when everyone around you has theirs bowed. Courage is what makes you do it.” – Bryce Courtenay
5. “The way to develop self-confidence is to do the thing you fear and get a record of successful experiences behind you.” – William Jennings Bryan
6. “Limitations live only in our minds. But if we use our imaginations, our possibilities become limitless.” – Jamie Paolinetti
7. “When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it.” – Henry Ford
8. “Never be afraid to fall apart because it is an opportunity to rebuild yourself the way you wish you had been all along.” – Rae Smith
9. “Trust yourself. Create the kind of self that you will be happy to live with all your life. Make the most of yourself by fanning the tiny, inner sparks of possibility into flames of achievement.” – Golda Meir
10. “But failure has to be an option in art and in exploration–because it's a leap of faith. And no important endeavor that required innovation was done without risk. You have to be willing to take those risks.” – James Cameron
11. “Successful people have fear, successful people have doubts, and successful people have worries. They just don't let these feelings stop them.” – T. Harv Eker
Related: 57 Confidence Building Quotes
12. “You can have anything you want if you are willing to give up the belief that you can't have it.” – Dr. Robert Anthony
13. “Always remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.” – Christopher Robin
14. “I think that the power is the principle. The principle of moving forward, as though you have the confidence to move forward, eventually gives you confidence when you look back and see what you've done.” – Robert Downey Jr.
15. “Don’t let others tell you what you can’t do. Don't let the limitations of others limit your vision. If you can remove your self-doubt and believe in yourself, you can achieve what you never thought possible.” ― Roy T. Bennett
16. “You may be the only person left who believes in you, but it's enough. It takes just one star to pierce a universe of darkness. Never give up.” ― Richelle E. Goodrich
17. “Believe it can be done. When you believe something can be done, really believe, your mind will find the ways to do it. Believing a solution paves the way to solution.” ― David J. Schwartz
18. “They will always tell you that you can't do what you want to do, but you can do what you want to do. You just have to believe in yourself. The system is to bring you down, but you can rise up.” ― Bob Marley
Related: 74 Of The Best Self-Care Ideas
19. “If you feel like giving up, give up on that feeling and give into the realization there are endless possibilities waiting to be discovered before you.” ― Tom Althouse
20. “A bird on a tree is never afraid of the branch breaking, because her trust is not on the branch but on her own wings. Always believe in yourself.” – Unknown
21. “The enemy uses those things you're insecure about. Free yourself and take your power back by being secure in who you are – flaws and all.” ― Yvonne Pierre
22. “I’ve missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I’ve lost almost 300 games. 26 times I’ve been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.” – Michael Jordan
23. “We avoid the things that we're afraid of because we think there will be dire consequences if we confront them. But the truly dire consequences in our lives come from avoiding things that we need to learn about or discover.” – Shakti Gawain
24. “The moment you doubt whether you can fly, you cease forever to be able to do it.” – J.M. Barrie
25. “If you are insecure, guess what? The rest of the world is too. Do not overestimate the competition and underestimate yourself. You are better than you think.” – T. Harv Eker
26. “Inaction breeds doubt and fear. Action breeds confidence and courage. If you want to conquer fear, do not sit home and think about it. Go out and get busy.” – Dale Carnegie
27. “Confidence comes not from always being right but from not fearing to be wrong.” – Peter T. McIntyre
28.“Those who mistrust their own abilities are being too wicked to themselves, discouraging themselves from doing what they should have been excelling in. If you are good at discouraging yourself, you can't be a good leader because leadership is built on inspiring others to face challenges.” ― Israelmore Ayivor
29. “You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don’t try.” –
[bctt tweet=”31 Inspiring Believe in Yourself Quotes.”]
30. “Challenges are what make life interesting and overcoming them is what makes life meaningful.” – Joshua J. Marine
31. “Believe in yourself, your abilities and your own potential. Never let self-doubt hold you captive. You are worthy of all that you dream of and hope for.” ― Roy T. Bennett
Did any of these quotes speak to you?
Quotes about believing in yourself have the power to encourage, inspire, and motivate you to succeed. Did any particular quote resonate with you and inspire your belief in yourself?
Whenever you're feeling a lack of self-confidence, or you don't have the motivation that you need to get going, read a few of these self-belief quotes, and you will notice that your mood and your state of mind will both start to improve.
Almost everyone you know has struggled with a lack of self-belief in the past. Some are struggling right now. Please spread the love by sharing this post on your favorite social media platform.