You want to know what to say to a man whose love language is words of affirmation.
It sounds easy enough, right? Just tell him how much you appreciate him.
Except, it isn’t always, especially when your love language is something else.
We’re glad you’re here.
Because whatever languages you have in common, our list of love affirmations for him will be a big help in expressing how you feel.
How Do I Verbally Affirm My Husband?
The words of affirmation examples in the list below apply equally well to a committed but unmarried partner.
The goal here is to show your favorite guy just how much you appreciate him.
You want him to know you’ve noticed the good things he does, the thoughtful acts, his courage and honesty, and everything you love about him.
Don’t worry about overdoing it, either.
As long as your words are sincere and deeply felt, it’s unlikely he’ll ever get tired of hearing them (or reading them) from you.
67 Words of Affirmation for Men
Look through the following list of love affirmations and make a shorter list of those that resonate with you. Some will fit better than others.
We’re betting you’ll find at least a few you’ll want to share with him.
1. I’m a better person, thanks to you. You bring out the best in me.
2. I can’t imagine looking at you and not wanting to kiss you. Have you seen you? It’s hard!
3. Thank you for being a good listener. You’re the best listener I know.
4. Thank you for always inspiring me to keep learning.
5. I’m in awe of how brilliant, talented, and creative you are. Anytime someone mentions the movie, A Beautiful Mind, I think of you. Because you are extraordinary.
6. Just hearing your voice is enough to get me in a better mood.
7. When I’m with you, I can handle anything. I feel stronger and braver with you.
8. Thank you for everything you do. I see your love and thoughtfulness in it, and all of it matters.
9. You’re the best person I know or have ever known. You’re also the best-looking.
10. Even on your “bad days,” you’re my favorite person to be around.
11. Thank you for challenging my thinking without talking down to me. I love that about you.
12. How do you keep getting better looking?
13. You work so hard, and you inspire me to do the same—and to always do my best.
14. You’ve changed everything. And the growing pains have been 100% worth it.
15. I love your hugs, mostly because your arms are my favorite place to be.
16. One hug from you, and the tension melts away. And then I want another hug.
17. I wonder if you know just what the thought of you does to me.
18. You walk into the room, and everything else fades away. You’re all I want.
19. Thank you for helping me clean up. It means more than you know.
20. You make even the least fun tasks something I look forward to, especially when I get to do them with you.
21. I love all of you–just as you are now. You’re the man of my dreams, but better.
22. I love spending time with you, whatever we’re doing together. You are my happy place.
23. You’re the most patient, thoughtful, and generous person I know.
24. Anyone’s life would be 100 times better with you in it. And I get to live with you!
25. Your friends are the luckiest people I know, next to me.
26. I have never felt so much joy just from being around someone—until you.
27. A tent with you is better than a palace with anyone else.
28. I always have fun with you! You know all the (good) buttons to push.
29. I admire your strength and resilience. Nothing can keep you down for long.
30. You are everything I want in a partner—all wrapped up in a package that just gets better with age. How do you do that, by the way?
31. I haven’t seen any evidence that you’ve peaked. You just keep getting better (and hotter)!
More Related Articles
32. I couldn’t have gotten this far without you. You’re my muse, my coach, and my biggest cheerleader. How did I get so lucky?
33. I wish everyone had someone like you in their lives. You make everything better.
34. Loving you is the easiest thing I do every day—and the most rewarding.
35. I want to be wherever you are, whatever it costs. Wherever you are is home.
36. I know it’s pretty common to say your lover is also your best friend, but with you, it’s actually true.
37. I can always count on you. And I want to be the kind of person you can always count on.
38. I know, from experience, that you’ve got my back. And I want to have yours, for the rest of my life.
39. I trust you to see me as someone worth the risk and hassle of defending. Everyone should have a friend like you.
40. You’re the bravest and most adventurous person I know. You inspire me to be more of both.
41. Now that I know what my life is with you in it, I can never go back to what it was before.
42. You’re the best thing that’s ever happened to me. You woke me up.
43. You’ve no idea how much the smallest thing from you brightens my day. Also, what seems “small” to you is more meaningful than you know.
44. Not being able to touch you is torture. And I feel it even more whenever I see you.
45. I want to grow old with you. I can’t imagine my world without you.
46. I will never get tired of being with you. And whatever happens, I will never stop loving you.
47. Everything you’ve ever given me is precious to me. I don’t keep a lot of stuff, but your gifts always have a special place.
48. In many ways, you are far more enjoyable to look at than trees.
49. You’re everything I’ve always wanted in a partner and in a best friend.
50. It’s impossible not to smile when I think of you. And because I love thinking about you, I smile a LOT.
51. Thank you for seeing me, for loving me as I am, and for being my best inspiration to push myself.
52. I love watching you (discreetly) when you’re thinking. I know I can’t read your mind, but at least I get to enjoy whatever shows up on your face. It’s a good face.
53. When I’m cold, all I need to feel instantly warmer on the inside is to think of you—especially if I can picture your smile.
54. If I want good conversation, you’re the first person who comes to mind. I never get bored of talking to you.
55. Just when I think I’ve seen you at your best, you level up. You’re always learning.
56. I love that you can admit when you’re wrong or when you’ve messed up without devaluing yourself or blaming someone else.
57. I love you. Whatever happens, you will always be important to me. And I would do anything for you.
58. You’re the first person I think of when I’m looking for a new book to read. I’d tell you to get out of my head, but I like having you there too much.
59. Thank you for being the best part about being awake. Just seeing you is better than coffee.
60. I knew you were special when we met for the first time—a bit of a smartass, but special. I had no idea, though, just how much my life would improve with you in it.
61. You have a way with people—and especially with me. I’m always curious about what’s going on in that brilliant, gorgeous mind of yours.
62. I’m amazed at how much you manage to get done in the space of one productive day. But I’m also glad you know when and how to relax and have fun.
63. I love watching you with other people. You’re kind to everyone, including those who are not. My people skills have improved since we’ve met.
64. I love watching you…do anything. Even better if I can be there helping you do it.
65. I wish I’d known you when I was traveling. Your company would have made it so much better. I’d go anywhere with you.
66. I’ve learned so much from you, and I know I’ve only skimmed the surface. You continually impress me.
67. I’m so proud of the man you are! I brag about you to anyone who will listen. But I’d always rather be talking to you.
Now that you’ve looked through all 67 words of affirmation for him, which ones stood out for you? And which will you use first?