Sometimes, it’s all you can do to keep yourself from exploding.
All the affirmations you’ve learned just aren’t having the same effect.
That’s where this collection of 31 calming quotes comes in.
When the mantras you’ve repeated so often feel empty, and the storm inside is gathering force for an epic display of pent-up emotion, these calming quotes should make one thing clear:
We need more than our own insights to help us grow.
How Keep Calm Quotes Can Help You Manage Stress
Managing stress is an essential component of maintaining good mental health. Neglecting to do so triggers the release of cortisol, which:
- Slows and disrupts the circulatory system
- Reduces the amount of oxygen that reaches the brain, which strains cognitive function
- Increases anxiety and other unpleasant emotional states
- Decelerates metabolism and messes with the digestive system
The good news is that reading and sharing quotes about keeping calm can relax you, which stems the release of stress hormones and helps you gain better control over your emotional state.
It may sound implausible that simply reading sayings can profoundly affect our mental well-being, but it’s true.
How? Why? Ultimately, we are what we think and focus on.
Ways to Use These Calming The Mind Quotes
Mindfulness isn’t only about meditating. You can also practice presence in several active ways. Let’s explore a few.
- Channel Your Inner Artist: So you’re not the second coming of Renoir. (Neither was Picasso!) Regardless, you still have an artistic side that may be yearning to break free. Incorporating thoughts, ideas, and feelings into paintings, craftworks, sculptures, writings, music, and choreography can be cathartic and calming. Use a quote as inspiration for artwork. Don’t like the result? Nobody has to know it exists.
- Be Loud About It on Social Media: Spending hours a day on social media isn’t great. Too much is a problem. But sharing calming quotes can give you a boost and may inspire others.
- Use Them as Mindfulness Mantras: Try using a relaxing quote as a mindfulness mantra for meditation. It helps many folks.
- Journal Your Way To Peace of Mind: Writing and thinking about profound ideas and witticisms is a super way to internalize the message. Ask yourself questions like: Why does the quote resonate so deeply with me? How does it make me feel physically and mentally? Does it apply perfectly to a situation in your life?
35 Calming Quotes For Inner Peace
The human brain is amazing, but sometimes it can be your worst enemy.
The good news? It doesn’t have to be.
And with the help of calming quotes like these, it can become your biggest asset.
1. “A wild person with calm mind can make anything.” -Eric Maisel
3. “It’s all about finding the calm in the chaos.” – Donna Karan
4. “Calmness is the cradle of power.” Josiah Gilbert Holland
5. “The more tranquil a man becomes, the greater his success, his influence, his power for good. Calmness of mind is one of the beautiful jewels of wisdom. It is the result of long and patient effort in self-control. Its presence is an indication of ripened experience, and of a more than ordinary knowledge of the laws and operations of thought.” – James Allen
6. “Avoid all haste; calmness is an essential ingredient of politeness.” – Alphonse Karr
7. “The mind is like water. When it’s turbulent, it’s difficult to see. When it’s calm, everything becomes clear.” -Prasad Mahes
8. “Make your heart like a lake, with a calm, still surface, and great depths of kindness.” -Lao Tzu
11. “Calmness is a huge gift. And once you master it, you will be able to respond in a useful way to every difficult situation that decides to walk into your heart.” -Geri Larkin
12. “A fit body, a calm mind, a house full of love. These things cannot be bought – they must be earned.” -Naval Ravikant
14. “When we are unable to find tranquility within ourselves, it is useless to seek it elsewhere.” -François de La Rochefoucauld
15. “Your strength is in your calmness, in the clarity of your mind. Strength comes from putting the negative aside without reacting. Win in calmness, in consciousness, in balance.” -Yogi Amrit Desai
More Related Articles
16. “Open the door of your calmness, and let the footsteps of silence gently enter the temple of all your activities.” -Paramahansa Yogananda
17. “When you walk in peace you will literally see attackers shattering themselves against your inner calm.” -Bryant McGill
18. “Those who act with few desires are calm, without worry or fear.” -Buddha
20. “No state is so bitter than a calm mind cannot find in it some consolation.” -Seneca
21. “There will be calmness, tranquillity when one is free from external objects and is not perturbed.” -Bruce Lee
22. “One of the best lessons you can learn is to master how to remain calm.” -Catherine Pulsifer
24. “When you have inner calmness then you automatically succeed in what you do. The more silent you are from inside, your thoughts and actions become more powerful.” -Sri Sri Ravi Shankar
25. “When completely relaxed, we experience the essence of our being, the deep silence that knows everything as it is.” -Haemin Sunim
26. “Let come what comes, and accommodate yourself to that, whatever it is.” -Henepola Gunaratana
27. “There is peace even in the storm.” -Vincent van Gogh
28. “A calm and modest life brings more happiness than the pursuit of success combined with constant restlessness.” -Albert Einstein
29. “Life isn’t as serious as my mind makes it out to be.” -Eckhart Tolle
30. “Each one has to find his peace from within. And peace to be real must be unaffected by outside circumstances.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
31. “The only thing you control is how you respond.” -Maxime Lagacé
32. “Your mind will answer most questions if you learn to relax and wait for the answer.” – William S. Burroughs
33. “Whatever happens to you belongs to you. Make it yours. Feed it to yourself even if it feels impossible to swallow. Let it nurture you because it will.” – Cheryl Strayed
34. “Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.” – Ben Franklin
35. “Instead of worrying about what you cannot control, shift your energy to what you can create.” – Roy Bennett
Now that you’ve looked through all 31 calming quotes, which ones will you use today or share with others?