Do you ever wish you felt happier and more positive in general?
Do your thoughts often revolve around things that make you anxious or upset?
Well here’s some good news: You can take control of your thoughts and improve your emotions when you practice positive affirmations.
Affirmations are basically a form of auto-suggestion, and when practiced deliberately and repeatedly, they reinforce chemical pathways in the brain, strengthening neural connections.
With regular practice, affirmations alter your brain so that you think differently, feel better, and reach goals more easily.
- What Are Positive Affirmations?
- Why Daily Positive Affirmations Are Powerful
- How Many Times Should I Repeat Positive Affirmations?
- The Benefits of Affirmations
- Can Positive Affirmations Change Negative Thoughts?
- List of 151 Daily Positive Affirmations:
- Happiness Affirmations
- Love Relationship Affirmations
- Positive Affirmations For Success
- Positive Affirmations For Self-Confidence
- Daily Positive Affirmations
- Positive Affirmations For Healing
- Positive Affirmations For Stress
- Positive I Am Affirmations
- Positive Affirmations for Anxiety
- Louise Hay Positive Affirmations
- Positive Affirmations for Depression
- Morning Positive Affirmations
- Funny Positive Affirmations
- Positive Affirmations for Meditation
What Are Positive Affirmations?
Positive affirmations, put simply, are positive and self-affirming statements you use to challenge negative or self-sabotaging thoughts. The power of these statements is in their daily repetition, using your voice, and even writing them out (if you can) as you speak the words.
What are the most powerful affirmations? You might have noticed some affirmations change your thinking more effectively than others. Their power lies in these three essential qualities:
- Powerful affirmations are set in the present — not the future.
- They use positive words like “I have” or “I am” — not “I can’t” or “I won’t”
- They’re based on what is factual or true — not on wishes or possibilities.
Why Daily Positive Affirmations Are Powerful
In fact, science supports the power of positive affirmations.
Neuroscience now proves that our thoughts can change the structure and function of our brains.
Says David J. Hellerstein, M.D., a Professor of Clinical Psychiatry at Columbia University, “In brief, we have realized that ‘neuroplasticity,’ the ongoing remodeling of brain structure and function, occurs throughout life. It can be affected by life experiences, genes, biological agents, and by behavior, as well as by thought patterns.”
By practicing positive thought patterns (affirmations) repetitively, we actually create neuroplasticity in the area of the brain that processes what we are thinking about.
The key is repetition so you flood your brain with the positive thought.
How Many Times Should I Repeat Positive Affirmations?
While there are no fixed rules on how frequently you should repeat your chosen positive affirmations, psychotherapists like Ronald Alexander recommend repeating them three to five times a day.
He also suggests writing them down in a journal or saying them out loud in front of a mirror. Saying them out loud while writing also helps you internalize the message.
The Benefits of Affirmations
Repeating daily affirmations isn’t just a “feel good” exercise for making you more positive and optimistic. Affirmations have some real benefits including:
When practicing affirmations, choose one or two to focus on daily for several weeks.
Say the affirmation out loud in a confident voice several times a day and before you go to bed. To add more power to the positive affirmation, write it down as you speak it.
Be sure your affirmations are in the present tense, as though they are a current reality.
Can Positive Affirmations Change Negative Thoughts?
The best affirmations (the ones that share those three essential qualities mentioned earlier) influence your thinking by addressing what’s going on in your head right now.
Affirmations aren’t about fixing the past (“I should have tossed that donut and eaten a salad instead”) or securing the future (“By the time I’m 35, I’ll be rich enough to live in Manhattan.”)
They address the negative thinking that’s holding you back in the present. They challenge that thinking and introduce present-focused, positive truths you can repeat throughout the day to forge new neural pathways and create a new and improved mindset.
And if you can change your thinking, you can change your life.
List of 151 Daily Positive Affirmations:
1. Happiness is my birthright. I embrace happiness as my setpoint state of being.
2. I feel joy and contentment at this moment right now.
3. I awaken for the day feeling happy and enthusiastic about life.
4. I can tap into a wellspring of inner happiness anytime I wish.
5. By allowing myself to be happy, I inspire others to be happy as well.
6. I have fun with all of my endeavors, even the most mundane.
7. I look at the world around me and can’t help but smile and feel joy.
8. I find joy and pleasure in the most simple things in life.
9. I have an active sense of humor and love to share laughter with others.
10. My heart is overflowing with joy.
11. I rest in happiness when I go to sleep, knowing all is well in my world.
Love Relationship Affirmations
12. My partner and I share a deep and powerful love for each other.
13. I respect and admire my partner and see the best in him/her.
14. I love my partner exactly how he/she is and enjoy his/her unique qualities.
15. My partner and I share emotional intimacy daily through talking and touch.
16. I have healthy boundaries with my partner.
17. My partner and I have fun together and find new ways to enjoy our time together.
18. My partner and I communicate openly and resolve conflict peacefully and respectfully.
19. I am able to be fully myself and completely authentic in my love relationship.
20. I communicate my desires and needs clearly and confidently with my partner.
21. I want the best for my partner and easily go out of my way to support him/her.
Positive Affirmations For Success
22. I expect to be successful in all of my endeavors. Success is my natural state.
23. I easily find solutions to challenges and roadblocks and move past them quickly.
24. Mistakes and setbacks are stepping stones to my success because I learn from them.
25. Every day in every way, I am becoming more and more successful.
26. I feel successful in my life right now, even as I work toward future success.
27. I know exactly what I need to do to achieve success.
28. I see fear as the fuel for my success and take bold action in spite of fear.
29. I feel powerful, capable, confident, energetic, and on top of the world.
30. I have an intention for success and know it is a reality awaiting my arrival.
31. I have now reached my goal of _______ and feel the excitement of my achievement.
32. Today I am successful. Tomorrow I will be successful. Every day I am successful.
Positive Affirmations For Self-Confidence
33. When I breathe, I inhale confidence and exhale timidity.
34. I love meeting strangers and approach them with boldness and enthusiasm.
35. I live in the present and am confident of the future.
36. My personality exudes confidence. I am bold and outgoing.
37. I am self-reliant, creative and persistent in whatever I do.
38. I am energetic and enthusiastic. Confidence is my second nature.
39. I always attract only the best of circumstances and the best positive people in my life.
40. I am a problem solver. I focus on solutions and always find the best solution.
41. I love change and easily adjust myself to new situations.
42. I am well groomed, healthy and full of confidence. My outer self is matched by my inner well being.
43. Self-confidence is what I thrive on. Nothing is impossible and life is great.
44. I face difficult situations with courage and conviction. I always find a way out of such situations.
45. I always see only the good in others. I attract only positive confident people.
More Related Articles:
Daily Positive Affirmations
46. I approve of myself and love myself deeply and completely.
47. Life is happening in this moment.
48. I trust myself and know my inner wisdom is my best guide.
49. I have integrity. I am totally reliable. I do what I say.
50. I act from a place of personal security.
51. I fully accept myself and know that I am worthy of great things in life.
52. I choose to be proud of myself.
Click on image below to download a free printable copy of 101 Positive Affirmations!
53. I accept and embrace all experiences, even unpleasant ones.
54. I fill my mind with positive and nourishing thoughts.
55. My confidence, self-esteem, and inner wisdom are increasing with each day.
56. My immune system is very strong and can deal with any kind of bacteria, germs, and viruses.
Positive Affirmations For Healing
57. Every cell in my body vibrates with energy and health.
58. I observe my emotions without getting attached to them.
59. I nourish my body with healthy food.
60. All of my body systems are functioning perfectly.
61. My body is healing, and I feel better and better every day.
62. I enjoy exercising my body and strengthening my muscles.
63. With every breath out, I release stress in my body.
64. I send love and healing to every organ of my body.
65. I breathe deeply, exercise regularly and feed only good nutritious food to my body.
66. I pay attention and listen to what my body needs for health and vitality.
67. I sleep soundly and peacefully and awaken feeling rested and energetic.
68. I am surrounded by people who encourage and support healthy choices.
Positive Affirmations For Stress
69. My world is a peaceful, loving, and joy-filled place to live.
70. I sow the seeds of peace wherever I go.
71. I surround myself with peaceful people.
72. My work environment is calm and peaceful.
73. I breathe in peace, I breathe out chaos and disorder.
74. My home is a peaceful sanctuary where I feel safe and happy.
75. In all that I say and do, I choose peace.
76. I release past anger and hurts and fill myself with serenity and peaceful thoughts.
77. Peace descends all around me now and always.
A Great Gift Idea
Would you like to meditate your way to health and happiness?
If so, then check out my newly designed mindfulness product: “Mindful Meditators: 58 Card Prompts To Focus Your Meditation Time”
Whether you’re a beginner or an experienced meditator, the Mindful Meditator Cards will enhance and reinforce your practice so that you can enjoy the proven benefits of meditation, including better health, improved focus, more creativity, and increased joy.
Each of the 58 cards has a different meditation prompt topic.
78. I send peace from myself into the world.
79. I respond peacefully in all situations.
Positive I Am Affirmations
80. I am grounded in the experience of the present moment.
81. I am focused and engaged in the task at hand.
82. I am conscious that all is well right now.
83. I am grateful for this moment and find joy in it.
84. I am free of anxiety, and a calm inner peace fills my mind and body.
85. I am not my thoughts and pay attention to my actions without judging them.
86. I am fully present in all of my relationships.
87. I am unique. I feel good about being alive and being me.
88. I find deep inner peace within myself as I am.
89. I am completely pain-free, and my body is full of energy.
90. Every day I am more and more at ease.
91. I am in the present moment and release the past to live fully now
Positive Affirmations for Anxiety
92. Calmness washes over me with every deep breath I take.
93. I meditate easily without resistance or anxiety.
94. Being calm and relaxed energizes my whole being.
95. All the muscles in my body are releasing and relaxing.
96. All negativity and stress are evaporating from my body and my mind.
97. I breathe in relaxation. I breathe out stress.
98. Even when there is chaos around me, I remain calm and centered.
99. I transcend stress of any kind. I live in peace.
100. I gently and easily return to the present moment.
101. All is well in my world. I am calm, happy, and content.
Louise Hay Positive Affirmations
102. I have already begun the healing process.
103. I am an open channel for creative ideas.
104. It’s only a thought. And a thought can be changed.
105. Every thought we think is creating our future.
106. I am in the process of positive change.
107. I am Divinely guided and protected at all times.
108. I forgive myself and set myself free.
109. I am loved, and I am at peace.
110. Filling my mind with pleasant thoughts is the quickest road to health.
111. Every experience I have is perfect for my growth.
Positive Affirmations for Depression
112. My depression doesn’t define me. I am so much more than that.
113. I know I have within me all I need to improve my health and happiness.
114. I take conscious control of the changes I want to make in my life.
115. I can change my thoughts and make this day a good one.
116. I am responsible for the influences I welcome into my life.
117. I am stronger than any negative thoughts.
118. I face my challenges, and they bring me better opportunities.
119. I allow only healthy and beneficial relationships into my life.
120. I find and enjoy simple pleasures in every mindful moment.
121. How I feel matters, so I draw to myself more of the things that I feel good about.
Morning Positive Affirmations
122. I will be kind to others and to myself today.
123. I feel rested and ready for anything.
124. I am ready to let go of everything that isn’t serving me or those I live with.
125. I am surrounded by love and support, even when I don’t see it.
126. This day begins with hope and is full of blessings to enjoy.
127. Expect nothing, and appreciate everything.
128. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up, show up, and never give up.
129. I persevere. I am relentless. I keep going.
130. I make peace with yesterday’s mistakes and am doing better today.
131. I do something every today that helps me feel calm and restore balance.
Funny Positive Affirmations
132. When something goes wrong, I just say, “Plot twist!” and move on.
133. Life is better when you’re laughing.
134. Cry a river. Build a bridge. Get over it.
135. You have to be odd to be number one.
136. Broken crayons still color.
137. Drink some coffee, put on some gangsta rap, and handle it.
138. Some see a weed; I see a wish.
139. If you were able to believe in Santa Clause for eight years, you can believe in yourself for one day.
140. Amazing things happen when I distance myself from negativity.
141. It’s okay if some people don’t like me. Not everyone has impeccable taste.
Positive Affirmations for Meditation
142. I’m letting go of everything that weighs me down.
143. I am in control of my thoughts, my feelings, and my life.
144. I focus on breathing and grounding myself.
145. I breathe in calm and breathe out tension and worry.
146. My life has value and meaning.
147. I take things one step at a time.
148. I have nothing to prove to anyone. Other people’s opinions of me are their business.
149. I am proud of myself for how far I’ve come.
150. I deserve love, peace, health, and abundance.
151. I am exactly where I need to be in this moment.
How will you use this list of positive affirmations?
I hope you’ll use this list of positive affirmations to keep your thoughts upbeat and centered on confidence and joy.
And there are so many ways you can put them to good use:
Decide that reading and repeating affirming words will be part of your daily life for the rest of your life.
Just like taking your daily vitamin or doing your workout, using affirmations can protect your mental and physical health and train your brain to focus on gratitude, success, and positivity.
And who doesn’t want that?