25 Inspiring Self-Confidence Quotes
If you have days, weeks, months, or even years when your confidence is low, please know you're not alone.
Whether it's circumstantial or chronic, low self-confidence impacts all of us at different points in our lives. Even those born with a more positive personality type have times when they doubt their abilities or feel incapable of success. Lacking faith in our abilities, our attractiveness, or our relationship skills is a common theme in the human drama.
Life regularly presents us with difficulties and challenges, some of which we've carried since childhood. Self-confidence isn't developed by escaping these difficulties, but rather it's nurtured and strengthened by the way we respond to these circumstances and how we view ourselves in spite of them.
The foundation for self-confidence is embracing your inherent value and capacity for success, even as you recognize you'll meet challenges and failure along the way. Self-confidence is trusting that ultimately you have what it takes to be who you want to be.
Of course we all need support and reminders of this truth. We need something or someone to jar us from our entrenched negative thinking so we can retrain our brains to accept the positive truth about our potential for greatness.
Here are 25 confidence quotes to improve your self-confidence and remind you how much you have to offer the world.
1. “Always be yourself, express yourself have faith in yourself, do not go out and look for a successful personality and duplicate it.” ~Bruce Lee
2. “Don't wait until everything is just right. It will never be perfect. There will always be challenges, obstacles and less than perfect conditions. So what. Get started now. With each step you take, you will grow stronger and stronger, more and more skilled, more and more self-confident and more and more successful.” ~Mark Victor Hansen
3. “Low self-confidence isn't a life sentence. Self-confidence can be learned, practiced, and mastered — just like any other skill. Once you master it, everything in your life will change for the better.” ~Barrie Davenport
4. “Once we believe in ourselves, we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight, or any experience that reveals the human spirit.” ~e.e. cummings
5. “Trust yourself. Create the kind of self that you will be happy to live with all your life. Make the most of yourself by fanning the tiny, inner sparks of possibility into flames of achievement.” ~Golda Meir
6. “One important key to success is self-confidence. An important key to self-confidence is preparation.” ~Arthur Ashe
7. “The way to develop self-confidence is to do the thing you fear and get a record of successful experiences behind you.” ~William Jennings Bryan
8. “You either walk inside your story and own it or you stand outside your story and hustle for your worthiness.” ~Brene Brown
9. “I have gone ahead despite the pounding in the heart that says: Turn back.” ~Erica Jong
10. “It is confidence in our bodies, minds and spirits that allows us to keep looking for new adventures.” ~Oprah
11. “To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.” ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
12. “But failure has to be an option in art and in exploration – because it’s a leap of faith. And no important endeavor that required innovation was done without risk. You have to be willing to take those risks….” ~James Cameron
13. “If you hear a voice within you say ‘you cannot paint,' then by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced.” ~Vincent Van Gogh
14. “People are like stained-glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in their true beauty is revealed only if there is light from within.” ~Elisabeth Kübler-Ross
15. “Confidence comes not from always being right but from not fearing to be wrong.” ~Peter T. Mcintyre
16. “Argue for your limitations and, sure enough, they're yours.” ~Richard Bach
17. “The courage to be is the courage to accept oneself, in spite of being unacceptable.” ~Paul Tillich
18. “You have brains in your head.
You have feet in your shoes.
You can steer yourself in any direction you choose.
You're on your own.
And you know what you know.
You are the guy who'll decide where to go.” ~Dr. Seuss
19. “If we all did the things we are capable of doing, we would literally astound ourselves.” ~Thomas Alva Edison
20. “Shyness has a strange element of narcissism, a belief that how we look, how we perform, is truly important to other people. ” ~André Dubus
21. “Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be?” ~Marianne Williamson
22. “Talk to yourself like you would to someone you love.” ~Brene Brown
23. “Embracing your true self radiates a natural beauty that cannot be diluted or ignored. Confident, powerful, untamable, badass you!” ~Steve Maraboli
24. “True beauty is the flame of self-confidence that shines from the inside out.” ~Barrie Davenport
25. “Trust yourself. You know more than you think you do.” ~Dr. Benjamin Spock
photo credit: greekadman