You’ve had at least one or two in your life, right?
Those fake friends who are snakes in disguise.
They abuse you, use you, and pretend to love you – only to stab you in the back or kick you to the curb when it suits them.
Or when you have nothing else to offer them.
The betrayal of a friend you thought cared about you is like a needle in your heart.
How could they do this to you?
And how could you have fallen for their ruse?
Other fake people might exist on the periphery of your life, but they can still be hard to spot.
They are master manipulators and skilled actors.
The Benefits of Reading Quotes about Fake Friends
You’re in enough pain, so why would reading quotes about your fake friends help you? Isn’t that like pouring salt on the wound? Not necessarily. Reading and absorbing these quotes can:
- Validate your pain and the absolute wrongness of being treated in a very unfriendly way.
- Help you clarify what you want in a true friend from now on and what you won’t accept.
- Remind you of your value and worthiness to be treated with respect, kindness, and honesty.
- Reinforce how you want to treat your friends and what the value of a good friendship means to you.
So, you see? These fake people quotes are far more powerful than they may appear. Read on with confidence.
105 Fake People Quotes to Remind You Just How Phony They Are
It’s time to put on your phony friend antennae to see if any of these quotes about fake people apply to someone in your life.
Attitude Fake People Quotes
1. “Most people want to see you do better, but not doing better than them.” – London Mond
2. “The only thing more frustrating than slanderers is those foolish enough to listen to them.” – Chris Jammi
3. “Someone who smiles too much with you can sometimes frown too much with you at your back.” – Michael Bassey Johnson
4. “You will never have to question the intentions or integrity of people who have your best interest at heart.” – Germany Kent
5. “Fear of something is at the root of hate for others, and hate within will eventually destroy the hater.” – George Washington Carver
7. “Friendship is delicate as a glass, once broken it can be fixed but there will always be cracks.” – Waqar Ahmed
8. “Always be careful of your friend who loves your enemy; you either trust such a fellow for your life or for your death!” ― Ernest Agyemang Yeboah
9. “Fake friends are like shadows: always near you at your brightest moments, but nowhere to be seen at your darkest hour. True friends are like stars, you don’t always see them but they are always there.” – Habeeb Akande
10. “Letting go of toxic people in your life is a big step in loving yourself.” – Hussein Nishah
11. “You create more space in your life when you turn your excess baggage to garbage.” – Chinonye J. Chudolue
12. “Controllers, abusers, and manipulative people don’t question themselves. They don’t ask themselves if the problem is them…they always say the problem is someone else.” – Darlene Quimet
13. “We never lose friends. We simply learn who the real ones are.” – Unknown
14. “Mindset matters…always. The difference found between the victorious and the envious, the successful and the haters; is mindset.” ― Steve Maraboli
15. “What’s the whole point of being pretty on the outside when you’re so ugly on the inside?” ― Jess C. Scott
16. “Always sleep with one eye open. Never take anything for granted. Your best friends might just be your enemies.” ― Sara Shepard
17. “A persons character is shown through their actions in life NOT where they sit on Sunday.” ― Navonne Johns
18. “Better an honest enemy than a false friend.” – German Proverb
19. “When you see the genuine, you don’t deal with the fakes anymore.” ― Nima Davani
21. “You got nothing to lose. You don’t lose when you lose fake friends.” – Joan Jett
22. “True friendship can afford true knowledge. It does not depend on darkness and ignorance.” – Henry David Thoreau
23. “People wear a mask of lies so they look attractive, so be careful.” ― Muhammad Saqib
24. “If you are not going to be a comfort, have the decency to be an empty space.” – Jennifer Crusie
Friends Who Use You Quotes
25. “You would always have undesired people around you but desired ones are least likely” ― Pushpa Rana
26. “We teach people how to treat us.” – Dr. Phil
27. “Being betrayed is one of the most valuable lessons life can teach.” – Shania Twain
28. “You may be married to a star, but that doesn’t mean they’ll treat you like one.” ― Jess C. Scott
29. “Lovers have a right to betray you, friends don’t.” – Judy Holliday
30. “Humans are more venomous than snakes.” -Atef Ashab Uddin Sahil
31. “At some point you have to realize that some people can stay in your heart but not in your life.” – Sandi Lynn
32. “The word “friend” is a label anyone can try on. You decide who is best suited to wear it.” – Carlos Wallace
33. “In the beginning, some people try to appear that everything about them is ‘in black and white,’ until later their true colors come out.” ― Anthony Liccione
34. “It’s funny how the people who know the least about you, always have the most to say.” ― Auliq Ice
36. “An insincere and evil friend is more to be feared than a wild beast; a wild beast may wound your body, but an evil friend will wound your mind.” – Buddha
37. “Fake friends are with you today and against you tomorrow, whatever they say defines them not you .” ― Shizra
38. “It is only the great-hearted who can be true friends. The mean and cowardly can never know what true friendship means.” – Charles Kingsley
39. “True friends esteem you of greater worth than you feel deserving. False friends demand you prove that worth.” ― Richelle E. Goodrich
40. “Be very careful of who you share your problem with, remember that not every friend that smiles at you is your best friend.” – Kemmy Nola
41. “I don’t need a friend who changes when I change and who nods when I nod; my shadow does that much better.” ― Plutarch
42. “If you want to be my friend, I prefer honesty to fake praise.” – Christina Strigas
43. “Sometimes the person you’d take a bullet for ends up being behind the gun.” – Tupac
44. “You always knew after shitty things happened, who your friends really were.” – Jodi Picoult
45. “It’s hard to tell who has your back, from who has it long enough just to stab you in it….” ― Nicole Richie
46. “Fake happiness is the worst kind of sadness.”― Dominic Riccitello
47. “You will never have to question the intentions or integrity of people who have your best interest at heart.” ― Germany Kent
48. “It is more shameful to distrust our friends than to be deceived by them.”― Confucius
More Related Articles
Do You Have These 11 Highly Useful Traits of a Hardworking Personality?
87 Disrespectful People Quotes That Reveal Their Rudeness
13 Essential Emotional Goals to Set In 2023 and How to Reach Them
49. “I no longer have the energy for meaningless friendships, forced interactions, or unnecessary conversations.” – Joquesse Eugenia
50. “It is easier to forgive an enemy than to forgive a friend.”― William Blake
Quotes about Shady Friends
51. “To me, the thing that is worse than death is betrayal. You see, I could conceive death, but I could not conceive betrayal.”― Malcolm X
52. “Having fake friends is like hugging cactus. The tighter you hug, the more pain you get.” – Riza Prasetyaningsih
53. “Stab the body and it heals, but injure the heart and the wound lasts a lifetime.”― Mineko Iwasaki
54. “Betrayal is common for men with no conscience.”― Toba Beta
55. “Betrayal is never easy to handle and there is no right way to accept it.”― Christine Feehan
56. “A friend is one that knows you as you are, understands where you have been, accepts what you have become, and still, gently allows you to grow.” – William Shakespeare
57. “Someone who smiles too much with you can sometime frown too much with you at your back.” – Michael Bassey Johnson
59. “If you’re absent during my struggle, don’t expect to be present during my success.” ― Will Smith
60. “A friend to all, is not a friend to anyone.” ― Mike Skinner
61. “One should never go by what people say.” ― Agatha Christie
62. “When you see the genuine, you don’t deal with the fakes anymore.”― Nima Davani
63. “Fake friends; those who only drill holes under your boat to get it leaking; those who discredit your ambitions and those who pretend they love you, but behind their backs they know they are in to destroy your legacies.” – Israelmore Ayivor
64. “Some humans spend their whole lives making something that isn’t real look like something that is.” ― Anna Banks
65. “Feigned interest is worse than brutal honesty.”― Stewart Stafford
66. “The strong-minded rise to the challenge of their goals and dreams. The weak-minded become haters.” – Steve Maraboli
67. “When people smile at a rich man, they are smiling at his wallet.”― Matshona Dhliwayo
68. “If your actions are dictated by who might be watching, they’ll never be genuine—and neither will you.” ― Vincent H. O’Neil
69. “If you’re going to have to rehearse a lie you better be a good actor.” ― T.W. Lawless
70. “Be very careful of who you share your problem with, remember that not every friend that smiles at you is your best friend.” – Kemmy Nola
71. “Fake friends get mad when we don’t pretend to like them.” ― Carlos Wallace
72. “If you want to be my friend, I prefer honesty to fake praise. I was never one to run with the wolves.” ― Christina Strigas
73. “False friendship, like the ivy, decays and ruins the walls it embraces; but true friendship gives new life and animation to the object it supports.” – Richard Burton
74. “The fake people do not dare to come out from their mask and face the truth of the real ones.”― Ehsan Sehgal
75. “It makes no sense to try to extend a friendship that was only meant to be a season into a lifetime.” – Mandy Hale
76. “I’ve got more respect for someone who comes out and says they don’t like me than for the ones who act like they do but talk bad about me when I’m not around.” – Mitchell Perry
77. “This is what happens. You tell your friends your most personal secrets, and they use them against you.” ― Sophie Kinsella
78. “Some men can love forever, some for six years, some for six months, and others for six hours.” ― Michael Bassey Johnson
Unsupportive Friends Quotes
79. “Sometimes it’s not the person who changes, it’s the mask that falls off.” – Mhaj Porras
81. “Some people are willing to betray years of friendship just to get a little bit of the spotlight.” – Lauren Conrad
82. “A true friend is one who overlooks your failures and tolerates your success!” – Doug Larson
83. “People only throw shade on what’s shining.” ― Genereux Philip
84. “Being too nice is a crime today. Fake friends are everywhere around you. they will use you and when you are of no use, throw you away like a wrapper .” ― Shizra
85. “Lots of people want to ride with you in the limo, but what you want is someone who will take the bus with you when the limo breaks down.” – Oprah Winfrey
86. “A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out.” — Walter Winchell
87. “Fake people are like soap bubbles. They pop out when the sun shines brightly.” – Chiranjude Bird
88. “The jealous are troublesome to others, but a torment to themselves.” – William Penn
89. “The worst part of success is trying to find someone who is happy for you.” – Bette Midler
90. “Betray a friend and you’ll often find you have ruined yourself.” — Aesop
91. “I love fake people provided they are mannequins.”― Pushpa Rana
92. “It’s always the ones with the dirty hands pointing the fingers.” – Sonya Teclia
93. “Learn to use the criticism as fuel and you will never run out of energy.” – Orrin Woodward
94. “A friend who stands with you in pressure is more valuable than a hundred ones who stand with you in pleasure.” – Edward G. Bulwer-Lytton
95. “Time passes and you begin to see, people for who they really are and not who they pretend to be.” – Scarlet Koop
96. “There is nothing I would not do for those who are really my friends. I have no notion of loving people by halves, it is not my nature.” ― Jane Austen
97. “Stay real, stay loyal, or stay away from me.” — Unknown
98. “If it comes, let it come. If it goes, it’s ok, let it go. Let things come and go. Stay calm, don’t let anything disturb your peace, and carry on.” ― Germany Kent
99. “A lot of problems in the world would disappear if we talk to each other instead of about each other.” – Unknown
100. “Fake friends believe in rumors. Real friends believe in you.” – Unknown
101. “Friends are like boobs: some are big, some are small, some are real, some are fake.” — Unknown
102. “No person is your friend who demands your silence, or denies your right to grow.” – Alice Walker
103. “Life is all about losing friends, the people you know. So, just that you get better at finding the ones worth suffering for.” ― Mohit Kaushik
104. “Some friends are like pennies, two-faced and worthless.” – Unknown
105. “Make sure the lions you roll with aren’t snakes in disguise.” – Genereux Philip
If you’ve read this far, we hope your blood isn’t boiling, or you’re not crying in your beer. Some of these sarcastic fake people quotes may have hit too close to home.
But for every false friend or duplicitous hanger-on, you’ll find plenty of sincere, caring, and loyal people. Read through these quotes about fake friends whenever you are in doubt about someone. They may shine the light of truth on who they truly are.