It can be hard to give yourself a pat on the back – even a well-deserved one.
No one wants to appear to toot their own horn or brag about their accomplishments.
A “look at me” attitude can be off-putting to others, especially those who can’t celebrate the successes of people around them.
But being subtle about your achievements and small wins doesn’t mean you can’t feel proud of yourself and celebrate with those who are genuinely happy for you.
To that end, we’ve collected 47 quotes about being proud of yourself to remind you to stand tall and bask in the rewarding feelings that come with success.
47 Be Proud of Yourself Quotes
Take a moment to think about what you’ve done or said that makes you swell with pride.
We don’t get these moments every day, so let the good feelings flow over you.
As you do, read through these “proud of myself” quotes to reinforce that you deserve some acclaim, even if it’s just from you!
1. “Not too many people could walk a mile in your shoes. Only you know your struggles, challenges, and obstacles; so be proud of how far you have come.” – Edmond Mbiaka
2. “Don’t wait until you reach your goal to be proud of yourself. Be proud of each step you take toward reaching that goal.” – InspirationBoost.com
3. “Stop letting other people define you. Be yourself and be proud of it.” – PictureQuotes.com
4. “Be proud of how hard you’re trying.” – Unknown
5. “Be proud of your scars. They have everything to do with your strength and what you’ve endured. They’re a treasure map to the deep self.” – Clarissa Pinkola Estes
6. “They may never say it, but your parents really are proud of you when you follow your heart and chase your dreams.” – Robert Cheeke
7. “Be proud of your choices, not your gifts.” – Jeff Bezos
8. “Your best champion and cheerleader is yourself. Always be proud of your accomplishments, big or small.” – Ayanna Howard
9. “It takes strength to be proud of yourself and accept yourself when you know that you have something out of the ordinary about you. – Abigail Tarttelin
11. “It seems pretty basic to me. If you eat to feel proud of yourself, you’ve got to do things you can be proud of. Feelings follow actions.” — Oseola McCarty
12. “Take pride in what you do because the world is enough to make you feel guilty for things you have not done!” – Somya Kedia
13. “I am a person with good things and bad. I am crazy sometimes, and sometimes I am irrational, but I have a fire in my soul and a determination in my heart.” – Unknown
14. “Authenticity is everything! You have to wake up every day and look in the mirror, and you want to be proud of the person who’s looking back at you. And you can only do that if you’re being honest with yourself and being a person of high character. You have an opportunity every single day to write that story of your life.” – Aaron Rodgers
15. “Always work hard, be honest, and be proud of who you are.” – Patricia Velasquez
16. “You do it because making yourself proud is one of the best feelings in the world.” – GymQuotes.co
18. “Sometimes in life, it has to be enough to be proud of yourself, even if no one else notices.” – Duncan Bannatyne
19. “It doesn’t matter: any weight, shape or form or however your body is, you want to be proud of it.” – Ali Krieger
20. “Even the bad moments, the tough ones, I’m proud of them, too. Those moments get you better, smarter, make you grow.” – Manu Ginobili
21. “Be very proud of your name and where you come from. It’s so important. Say it loud and clear for everybody to hear.” – Masai Ujiri
22. “I would urge youngsters to pick up a sport while pursuing your studies as it will keep you fit and you could make your country proud in the field of sports.” – Dutee Chand
23. “Feeling proud of yourself means you love yourself enough to acknowledge your strengths and the effort you put into whatever you do.” – Barrie Davenport
24. “I’m really proud of you for having come this far – every single one of you, wherever you are, you’re on your way – you are getting there!” – Ysabella Brave
25. “Money is cool, but being proud of yourself is something that’s so rare.” – Lucas Till
More Related Articles
35 Sample Letters To Your Best Friend For All Occasions To Show How Much You Care
Feeling Insecure? Here’s A List Of 27 Common Insecurities And How To Overcome Them
151 Positive And Loving Words That Start With E To Describe Someone You Care About
26. “It’s your life and we’re all going to be gone one day so just be proud of yourself.” – Marcus Hudson
27. “I am proud of the woman I am today because I went through one hell of a time becoming her.” – SuccessQuotes
28. “There’s nothing wrong with being proud of who you are. It’s a wonderful thing.” – Matthew Moy
29. “Being interesting isn’t important. But being happy is. As well as being a person you’re proud of.” – Holly Bourne
30. “I’m not proud of every single thing I’ve ever done. But I’m proud of the things I don’t do anymore.” – Nitya Prakash
31. “You just need to be accepted for who you are and be proud of who you are and that is what I’m trying to do.” – Lewis Hamilton
32. “Look back at where you came from and let yourself feel proud about your progress. You are killing it!” – Savage Wellness
33. “I want people to fall in love with themselves and to be really proud and full of joy for the space they take up. If someone else appreciates the space you take up, then that’s icing on the cake.” Jonathan Van Ness
34. “Be proud of yourself when you do keep going!” — Lindsey Vonn
36. “I may not be the best person out there, and not everybody may love me, but I like myself the way I am, and I am proud of my achievements.” – EventGreetings.com
37. “I like to see a man proud of the place in which he lives. I like to see a man live so that his place will be proud of him.” – Abraham Lincoln
38. “Be proud of every scar on your heart, each one holds a lifetime’s worth of lessons.” — Wallace Stegner
39. “In moments of uncertainty, immerse yourself in the life you would be most proud to live.” — Adam Braun
40. “To be proud of virtue, is to poison yourself with the Antidote.” — Benjamin Franklin
41. “Define success on your own terms, achieve it by your own rules, and build a life you’re proud to live.” — Anne Sweeney
42. “When you succeed, be proud of yourself and know that not everyone gets to experience the thrill of success on a consistent basis.” — Robert Cheeke
43. “There are always those who try to diminish your achievements and successes. Never allow them to undermine your sense of pride and happiness. Own it.” – Barrie Davenport
45. “Always ask yourself, ‘Would I be proud of this if it appeared all over the internet tomorrow’?” – Alan Weiss
46. “Someday you will look back at your struggling days and feel proud of what you have achieved.” – Avijeet Das
Let us take a moment to say congratulations on whatever you have done to feel proud of yourself. We hope you find joy in all the positive things you achieve, no matter how big or small.
Revisit these proud of yourself quotes whenever you need a reminder of just how awesome you are.