According to an article on Psych Central, positive self-love is about accepting yourself fully, treating yourself with kindness and respect, and nurturing your growth and well-being.
Self-love affirmations are all about cultivating self-love and making it a priority in your daily life.
By loving yourself, you increase your capacity for loving others.
As you build a habit of self-compassion, you become more compassionate toward others.
And by repeating positive affirmations for self-love, you begin a new adventure in healing.
What Are Self-Loving Affirmations and How Do You Use Them?
You may have heard of the Louise Hay self-love affirmations that launched an affirmation movement.
Everyone should have a list of their very own I love you affirmations to help them prepare for, get through, and finish each day.
They get your mind right, so you can nourish your soul and love your body.
An excellent way to use love affirmations is to repeat a handful of your favorites — out loud, if possible — three times a day and when you most need to hear them.
The more you hear the words coming out of your mouth, with growing conviction, the more their messages will seep in, and the more confident you’ll be of their truthfulness.
Whether you want to write your own or collect favorites here and there, we’ve curated this list of 99 of our favorites just for you.
99 Self-Love Affirmations
Choose your own favorites from this list of inspiring self-love affirmations and use them every day to build yourself up and keep yourself moving in the right direction.
Say the words you need to hear and say them often. And when others ask why you seem so much more confident and comfortable in your own skin, share what you know.
Love Yourself Affirmations
1. I don’t want to be anyone but myself.
2. I love the person I am and the person I’m becoming.
3. I am good as I am. I do not need to be fixed or changed into someone else.
4. I stop the self-sabotage and self-pity and choose self-love instead.
5. I don’t need validation from others.
6. I respect my own boundaries.
7. I let go of those who see me as someone to be pitied or condescended to.
8. I let go of my past and live in the present.
9. I forgive myself and learn from my mistakes, so I can do better.
10. I allow myself to feel deeply and to cry when I feel the need.
11. I let go of the self-judgment and fill the space with love and understanding.
12. I love the body I was born with and the body I have now.
13. I overcome challenges with courage, patience, and grace.
14. I’m not afraid to disagree with people when it’s necessary.
16. I decide what to feel or not to feel. I decide what to think.
17. I accept genuine compliments easily. Who am I to deny the truth?
18. The One who created me has my back. She’ll be there when I need her.
19. I have achieved great things. And as long as I live, I’ll keep achieving them.
20. My life is filled with love, beauty, and joy.
21. I make a difference in this world with my presence and my voice.
Positive Affirmations for Self-Love
22. Today, I will look for opportunities to learn and grow.
23. Life doesn’t have to be easy or perfect to be good.
24. I find my own happiness and peace within.
25. I will surround myself with positive people who see the best in me.
26. I let go of negative self-talk. My mind, body, and soul deserve better.
27. I choose and honor my own path, even when I can’t see far ahead.
28. I honor and respect my limitations. I have them for a reason.
29. My inner world creates my outer world.
30. I love my own company. I set aside time to enjoy it.
31. I release the need to judge myself negatively or focus on my mistakes.
32. Loving myself means I am able to love others more.
33. I am the healer of my own life. I create the improvements I want for it.
34. I work everyday to leave a legacy worth passing on.
35. Everywhere I go, I radiate love, peace, and courage.
36. I am free to make my own choices and decisions.
37. I am fierce and relentless. When I want something, I go after it.
39. I feel empathy and love for others and their own unique paths.
40. The love within me flows through me in every situation.
41. I am powerful, confident, and capable of reaching my goals.
42. I define success by my willingness to get back up and keep going.
43. My body is a beautiful expression of my individuality.
44. I am authentic, loving, and expressive.
45. I have the strength to rise in the face of adversity.
46. Love rejuvenates me and gives me the energy I need to keep going.
47. I have come this far, and I can keep going.
More Related Articles:
185 Words Of Encouragement: Quotes And Thoughts To Boost You Up
Positive Affirmations: Life-Changing Thoughts To Practice Daily
31 Good Mottos to Live By for a Stellar Life
48. I matter. My life matters. My words and actions matter.
49. I have the power to make good things happen.
50. The more I learn and take action, the more good I can do in this world.
51. I am not the sum of my mistakes and failures.
52. I am capable of bringing more good into my life and the lives of others.
53. Even if I stand alone, I will stand firm.
54. I know how to be calm and kind even when others’ words and actions hurt me.
55. I decide what I should or should not take personally and how I should react.
56. I own my responsibility to keep learning and growing.
57. I do what I need to do and say what I need to say in spite of fear.
58. Since my knowledge is imperfect, I prefer learning to debating. But I don’t hide.
59. I am not my flaws or mistakes. But they’re part of who I am and what I’m becoming.
60. I don’t fear failure. I fear standing still. I will stumble again. And I will rise.
61. I surround myself with people who love me and accept me as I am.
62. I value justice, compassion, and healing for all.
64. I practice self-compassion. I forgive and accept myself.
65. I make time for self-restorative hobbies and personal enjoyment.
66. The only approval I need is my own.
67. I am capable of loving fully and completely.
68. I listen to my inner voice and trust my intuition.
69. I trust in my ability to make it through difficult times.
70. I see my struggles as opportunities to grow and learn.
71. I believe in my abilities and unique gifts. I develop them with patience.
72. All of my decisions are inspired by my inner wisdom and compassion.
Daily Affirmations for Self-love
73. I am enough.
74. I am worth standing up for (or with).
75. I respect myself and treat others with respect.
76. I can do this.
77. I accept and love myself unconditionally.
78. I am strong and resilient. Nothing can keep me down.
79. I am grateful for all that I have.
80. I respect my needs and make time for self-care.
81. I choose to stop apologizing for being me.
82. I stand my ground and protect myself with compassionate assertiveness.
83. I choose forgiveness, compassion, and growth for myself and others.
84. I am worthy of love, compassion, and empathy.
85. I trust my body’s natural wisdom.
86. I accept myself with love, respect, and appreciation.
87. I am in control of my life and its direction.
88. Today, I will learn something new that will help me do better.
89. I inhale confidence and exhale fear.
90. I trust in my ability to learn, to forgive, and to move forward.
91. I choose to see myself as beautiful, capable, and worthy of forgiveness.
93. Today I will choose to be kind, even when it’s difficult.
94. I treat myself with gentle loving kindness at all times.
95. I let go of my need to hold in the tears when they need to flow.
96. I let go of all the hateful thoughts about myself — one at a time.
97. I forgive myself for the way I treated myself in the past.
98. I accept and forgive all my failures, my mistakes, and my limitations.
99. I am loved unconditionally and beyond comprehension.
How will you practice using self-love affirmations?
I hope you enjoyed reading these mantras for self-love and that you’ve found plenty for your own personal list. Group them into your own categories, if you like, based on their primary focus:
You are worthy of self-love and of a life that prioritizes it. You are worthy of kindness, compassion, and love.
May you grow more certain of this as you read these words of affirmation for yourself and as you let go of the self-sabotaging thoughts and beliefs that have held you back.
You deserve better.