Are you one of those people who tend to put themselves last – or at least not at the top of your own priority list?
As noble as it may seem to give most of your time and energy to others, it’s not a good thing for you or the people you care about.
The only way you can be happy and continue to grow personally and professionally is by investing in yourself.
So what does that mean?
It means you give yourself enough of the resources required to become the person you want be.
These investing in yourself quotes will take away some of the “that feels selfish” guilt and remind you that you are worthy of being your own first priority.
67 Invest in Yourself Quotes to Remind You You’re Worth It
As you read through these quotes about investing in yourself, think about the roadblocks you throw in your own way that prevent you from moving forward.
Usually, it’s a mindset that suggests you don’t deserve to go after exactly what you want. It’s time to get over that and go for it.
Don’t believe me?
Read on for reinforcement.
1. “Invest in yourself. Mediate. Read. Eat healthy food. Drink water. Spend time in nature. Rest up. You are worthy.” – Unknown
2. “Your life only gets better when you do. Work on yourself and the rest will follow.” – Quote Master
3. “Invest in yourself, you can afford it, trust me.” – Rashon Carraway
4. “The best investment you can make is in yourself.” –Warren Buffett
5. “Invest in yourself to get the best interest.” ― Debasish Mridha
6. “It’s a small price to pay, but investing a little extra effort into the life you choose will move you from average — where all the competition is — to the top.” ― Richie Norton
8. “Life is growth. If we stop growing technically and spiritually, we’re as good as dead.” – Morihei Ueshiba
9. “If you want to invest in something with minimum risk and a guaranteed big return, invest in yourself.” – BossBabe
10. “Travel is the best investment you can make in yourself.”- Joel Sartore
11. “Don’t be afraid to lose. Listen. And always invest in yourself.”- Pitbull
12. “Invest in yourself, in your education. There’s nothing better.”- Sylvia Porter
13. “Do something today that your future self will thank you for later.” – GustoNYC
14. “Peace, happiness, and love are a daily practice. Give time and energy to that which you want more of in your life. Invest in yourself for a higher quality of life. You’re worth it.” ― Akiroq Brost
15. “The first business asset you should invest in is yourself.” – Orrin Woodward
17. “Fearlessly embrace new technologies, learn new things, and demonstrate a willingness to invest in yourself.” ― Germany Kent
18. “Invest in yourself to the point that it makes someone else want to invest in you.” – Tony Gaskins
19. “Invest in as much of yourself as you can, you are your own biggest asset by far.” – Warren Buffett
20. “Invest in yourself now and reap the dividends day after day after month after year.”- Jack LaLanne
21. “Only you can make the changes necessary to become the person you want to be. If you don’t make the effort, you won’t get the payback. It’s as simple as that.” – Barrie Davenport
22. “Never invest yourself in anything so deeply that its failure could cost you your happiness.” – Ian Caldwell
23. “Those who keep learning will keep rising in life.” – Charlie Munger
24. “Invest three percent of your income in yourself (self-development) in order to guarantee your future.”- Brian Tracy
25. “Man’s life is independent. He is born not for the development of the society alone, but for the development of his self.” – B.R Ambedkar
26. “Investing time in yourself is the only safe investment that will give you maximum return throughout life.”- Lyrikal
27. “It’s not selfish to love yourself, take care of yourself, and to make your happiness a priority. It’s necessary.” – Mandy Hale
28. “Sometimes when you’re in a dark place, you think you’ve been buried, but actually you’ve been planted.” – Christine Cane
29. “Investing in yourself is the best thing you can do. If you’ve got talents, no one can take them from you.” – Warren Buffett
30. “Personal development is a major time saver. The better you become, the less time it takes you to achieve your goals.” – Brian Tracy
31. “An investment in yourself pays the best interest.” – Benjamin Franklin
More Related Articles
99 Of The Best Motivational Quotes For Students
9 Ways To Start Living For Yourself and Stop Living For Others
107 Of The Best Thank You Quotes for Friends
33. “Stay afraid, but do it anyway. What’s important is the action. You don’t have to wait to be confident. Just do it and eventually, the confidence will follow.” — Carrie Fisher
34. “Invest in bettering yourself and the future you. Let your future self-look back on the changes you make today and be thankful you made them.” – Zero Dean
35. “Invest in yourself. Invest in self-discipline. Invest in self-satisfaction. Have complete control over your own thoughts and convictions, and never stop aiming to outdo yourself.” — Lionel Suggs
36. “The first step is to establish that something is possible; then probability will occur.” – Elon Musk
37. “Invest in your brain, invest in your talents. Those things can appreciate and they get better as you get older.” – Rashida Jones
38. “97% of people who quit too soon are employed by the 3% who never gave up.” — Unknown
39. “My philosophy is whatever you do; you’ve got to invest in yourself. If you don’t, there are a lot of people out there who will get the job because they’re more prepared than you.” – Karl Urban
40. “Old men always advise the young to save money. This is bad advice. Invest in yourself. I didn’t save a penny before I reached forty years.” – Henry Ford
41. “If you want to be truly successful invest in yourself to get the knowledge you need to find your unique factor. When you find it and focus on it and persevere your success will blossom.” – Sydney Madwed
42. “Once you realize that you have identified a passion, invest in yourself. Figure out what you need to know, what kind of experience and expertise you need to develop to do the things that you feel in your heart you will enjoy and that will sustain you both mentally and economically.” — Martha Stewart
43. “It hurts like hell when the world won’t invest in you. But it’s excruciating, almost more than you can bear when you don’t believe and invest in yourself.” — Julia Cameron
44. “Be passionate and bold. Always keep learning. You stop doing useful things if you don’t learn.” – Satya Nadella
45. “Believe you are worthy enough to put time, effort and money into improving yourself and growing as a person. That is the path to a meaningful life.” – Barrie Davenport
46. “Step outside your comfort zone. Never stop learning. Never stop growing.” – Unknown
47. “Recessions are the best time to start a company. Companies fail. Others hold back capital. If you are willing to do the preparation and work, it is the best time to invest in yourself and start a business.” — Mark Cuban
48. “No matter how many mistakes you make or how slow your progress, you are still way ahead of anyone who isn’t trying.” – Tony Robbins
49. “Invest in your mind. Invest in your health. Invest in yourself.” — Anonymous
50. “Be like a tree. Stay grounded. Connect with your roots. Turn over a new leaf. Bend before you break. Enjoy your unique and natural beauty. Keep growing.” – Joann Raptis
52. “By taking care of myself I have so much more to offer the world than I do when I am running on empty.” – Ali Washington
53. “Become a priority in your life.” – Unknown
54. “Carve out and claim the time to care for yourself and kindle your own fire.” – Unknown
55. “An investment in yourself will never lead to regret.” — Germany Kent
56. “An investment in self-development pays the highest dividends.” ― Debasish Mridha
57. “What would your life look like without today’s obstacles in front of you?” ― Jerry Gladstone
58. “Invest time and energy in your well-being. Create an atmosphere of emotional safety for yourself.” ― Amy Leigh Mercree
59. “You have to invest if you want to progress.” ― Erin Hatzikostas
60. “Don’t rely on someone else for your happiness and self-worth. Only you can be responsible for it. You have to invest in yourself, or no one else will.” ― Stacy Charter
61. “Do not invest time and money into yourself to have others completely destroy it!” ― Stephen Richards
62. “You have to be a romantic to invest yourself, your money, and your time in cheese.” ― Anthony Bourdain
63. “You only get hurt that badly when you’re doing something that matters. Something impossible. Taking a risk. Investing yourself. And ball’s worth it,the rush you get, the exhilaration…” ― Allison Parr
64. “Are you prepared to put in the time and energy to create change in your life? Are you prepared to make and keep that commitment? If not you, then who? Invest in yourself.” ― Akiroq Brost
65. “If you want to change the way you feel about yourself, first you have to change the way you think about yourself.” ― Gavin Bird
66. “I prefer to be true to myself, even at the hazard of incurring the ridicule of others, rather than to be false, and to incur my own abhorrence.” ― Frederick Douglass
67. “Invest the first hour of the day, the ‘Golden Hour,’ in yourself.” ― Brian Tracy
Why These Quotes on Investing in Yourself Can Boost Self-Esteem
Science proves that a lack of self-belief can scupper goals. Doubt is corrosive, and allowing your brain to hyper-focus on the empty half of the glass can drag you down.
Fortunately, brains are pliable, and we can change how we think and see the world, which significantly impacts intelligence, success, emotional control, and general contentment.
How does it work?
- Neural pathways are the brain’s traffic network along which your thoughts travel.
- The more a given thought runs through your mind, the more active its associated neural pathways become. As such, focusing on useless, negative thoughts hamstrings your productivity.
- The good news is that the brain can change at all ages, and research shows that concentrating on positive things triggers the mind’s reward centers.
- Resultantly, you become more motivated and productive the more you read and share quotes about investing in yourself.
3 Tips for Using These Invest in Yourself Quotes
How can you use these quotes about investing in yourself? Here are three possibilities.
- Share on Social Media: Be mindful of social media consumption; overindulging can metastasize into a mental health monster. However, sharing invest in yourself quotes is a win-win for you and your followers. It both gives you a boost and could inspire others.
- Use as a Journaling Prompt: Journaling about quotes is an effective way to internalize quotes. Why does the quote resonate with you so much? Do you know much about the person who said it? Do their lives mirror yours in any way? Do a deep dive.
- Make Merch: These days, it’s easy to get custom t-shirts, mugs, stickers, flags, and other products. Why not make some featuring your favorite quotes? Note, however, that you must comply with various intellectual property laws. As such, you may be able to make items for yourself, but if you want to sell them, consult a lawyer to ensure the quotes you want to use are safely in the public domain.
If you’ve gotten this far, we’re hoping these self-investment quotes have changed your mind about the best place to spend your various resources.
Take that class. Start a business. Work hard for the promotion. Get an advanced degree.
Do what it takes to become the best version of you! You deserve it.