65 Mantras For Anxiety And Stress
When you’re feeling anxious or stressed, take a moment to practice a mantra.
During difficult times, you need something to ground you and help ease the flood of tension you're feeling.
Without extra support, you may struggle to keep negative emotions from taking control.
Allowing worry to overwhelm your thoughts may keep you from making the right decisions.
Instead of feeding your worries, use calming mantras for anxiety as a tool to regain your emotional equilibrium.
Using a mantra, especially as part of meditation, can help clear your mind, allowing you to release negative thoughts, as well as feelings of stress, anxiety, depression, and even anger.
What Are Mantras?
The first mantras were written in Vedic Sanskrit over 3,000 years ago.
While there isn’t a widely accepted definition of a mantra, most scholars define a mantra as a verse, phrase, or sound that is repeated to produce a spiritual, religious, or psychological change.
A mantra is often a word or phrase used to help block out distractions and keep your mind focused.
They can also be used as affirmations to reinforce positive thoughts or beliefs.
Mantras are commonly used in meditation and spoken out loud. You may have used mantras during yoga classes.
Repeating the mantra allows you to focus your energy on a specific thought. The chanting helps you concentrate by giving your brain something to focus on.
How to Use Mantras
There are many helpful mantras for anxiety and depression, but you first need to know how to use them. Here are a few tips for using mantras every day to combat anxiety, depression, or stress:
You can repeat the mantra for several minutes or just a few seconds, depending on what feels comfortable for you. You may even choose to simply repeat the mantra a few times while standing in front of the mirror.
List of 65 Mantras for Anxiety
The only challenge of using a mantra is finding the right one. Use the following list of mantras for anxiety to ease your worries and achieve a calmer mind:
1. As with everything, this too shall pass.
2. All is well, I am well, all is well.
3. Anxieties are based on irrational fears and I’m a rational person.
4. This is a temporary emotion, and I wash it away with a river of calmness.
5. I am strong, smart, and have the power to overcome my anxiety.
6. Tomorrow is a new day and will bring new opportunities.
7. I will not allow this temporary emotion to overshadow my inner well-being.
8. I am full of hope and cannot wait to see what tomorrow brings.
9. I have overcome many obstacles, and my anxiety is just a small hiccup in comparison.
10. My fears are melting away, replaced by joy and excitement for tomorrow.
11. I’m the architect of my life, and I choose inner peace.
12. I acknowledge my fears and now it is time to let them go.
13. I can do this; I can do anything.
14. As I have done before, I will get through this moment of anxiety.
15. Anxiety cannot last, but my hope and happiness are eternal.
16. My confidence is growing every day and my fears are disappearing.
17. Happiness is right around the corner and I will find it.
18. Today is a new day and a new chance to overcome my greatest fears.
19. I am blessed with everything I need, and I do not need to be anxious.
20. I am at peace with the present moment.
21. I have more important things to do than dwell on the past or future.
22. My negative emotions flow out of my body with every breath that I take.
23. I believe in myself and my power to conquer any challenge.
24. I have no control over the past and can only prepare for the future, so I need to stay in the present.
25. Now is the time to relax. Everything is okay.
26. My negative thoughts are dust in the wind, but I am a rock.
27. I intend to live my life to the fullest and will not let fear rule me.
28. Anxiety is a natural response and it will naturally go away.
29. Every cell inside my body is relaxed, calm, and oozing with complete confidence.
30. I love myself unconditionally and deserve to receive love from the world.
31. My anxiety rushes in with the tide and rolls away just as swiftly, allowing me to rest in gentle waves.
32. I transcend the stress and anxiety in my life and choose to live in peace.
33. I am a social person and enjoy meeting new people.
34. I am safe and have no reason to fear anything at this moment.
35. I trust in God to lead me to a place of happiness, but I must walk there on my own two feet.
36. I have a fulfilling life with friends and family who love me.
37. I recognize that life brings constant change, and I am prepared for any change that comes.
38. My anxiety is minor compared to my love for myself.
More Related Articles:
39. I can't control everything, so I will stop worrying about things I cannot control.
40. I am calm, collected, and ready for anything.
41. When I look in the mirror, I see a compassionate person with lots more to give to the world.
42. My anxiety is a small speed bump in a long road with many miles behind and ahead.
43. I am here now and not stuck in the past or focused on the future.
44. Anxiety and stress are toxins that I release with each breath.
45. I am courageous, I am loved, and I am strong enough to survive this.
46. I have done this before and found that my fears were unnecessary.
47. My anxiety comes from a need to control the future, so I choose to focus on the present.
48. I control my thoughts and right now I choose happiness over fear.
49. I feel great today and cannot wait to step outside to see what the rest of the day brings.
50. I am open to the positivity that the universe is sending my way.
51. I was not born to sit and dwell on negativity, and I will persevere.
52. I have divine support behind me and nothing but opportunities ahead of me.
53. I have the power to accept that I cannot control everything.
54. I choose to replace depression with happiness and anxiety with confidence.
55. I will not allow my anxiety to define me, as I am a unique individual with many gifts to share.
56. I breathe in the healing light that melts away the stress and anxiety.
57. I believe that something good is going to happen today.
58. Life is too short to waste more time inside my mind, so it’s time to go out and conquer the world.
59. I brighten peoples’ day and make the world a better place simply by existing.
60. I am surrounded by love, happiness, and comfort which leaves no room for anxiety.
61. I am stronger than my fears and have the power to let them pass.
62. I accept myself, including my flaws, and I will not allow anxiety to define me.
63. Positive changes are happening in me and around me all the time.
64. Happiness is a choice and I choose to be a happy person.
65. Nothing lasts forever, including the way that I feel right now.
Which of these mantras for anxiety speaks to you?
With Buddhist mantras for anxiety, you can distract your thoughts and redirect them to more positive mindsets. Focusing on the mantra while maintaining calm, even breathing relaxes your mind and brings natural stress relief.
Take the time to find the mantra that works best for you. Good mantras for anxiety are often short and easy to remember. You should be able to repeat it without thinking too hard about how to pronounce the phrase.
Use any of the mantras listed to conquer anxiety, or alter them to deal with other emotions, such as stress or depression.
For the best results, repeat the mantra daily. Your brain starts to associate the mantra with a sense of calmness. Eventually, you can simply repeat the mantra a few times for instant relief from stress or anxiety.