Quotes about love are great and all, but you’re looking for something that won’t put you in a sugar coma. And it’s a bad sign when you’re reading one out loud, and you substitute “blah, blah, blah” for the last several words.
Maybe you’re just looking for some cute love quotes that will remind your significant other of your best times together. But after looking through pages of quotes on love, you’re ready for something with less sweetness and more impact, more humor, or more heat.
Sweetness won’t get you far without a little spice, after all. Good thing the quotes in this article take that into account.
And there are so many ways to share them:
- Write one on a note and enclose it in your loved one’s briefcase, purse, or lunch bag.
- Write one on the bathroom mirror with lipstick or dry-erase marker.
- Create your own “I love you” cards, each with a favorite love quote.
- Create a mug with a favorite love quote and give it to your sweetheart.
- Send flowers to your love with a message that includes a favorite love quote.
- Use love quotes as clues for a romantic scavenger hunt.
So, let’s dive in so you can find the best quotes to share with the one you love.
61 Cute Love Quotes To Spice Up Your Relationship
The best love quotes have a balance of sweetness and depth.
Cute Quotes About Love
Enjoy these cute quotes that explore and honor love, adding just the right touch of sweetness.
1. “Love is friendship that has caught fire. It is a quiet understanding, mutual confidence, sharing and forgiving. It is loyalty through good and bad times. It settles for less than perfection and makes allowances for human weaknesses.” — Ann Landers
2. “Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.”— Lao Tzu
3. “There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness.” — Friedrich Nietzsche
4. “The best love is the kind that awakens the soul; that makes us reach for more, that plants the fire in our hearts and brings peace to our minds.” — Nicholas Sparks
5. “Love is the expansion of two natures in such fashion that each include the other, each is enriched by the other.” — Felix Adler
6. “Love doesn’t make the world go ’round. Love is what makes the ride worthwhile.” — Franklin P. Jones
7. “Love is a force more formidable than any other. It is invisible—it cannot be seen or measured, yet it is powerful enough to transform you in a moment, and offer you more joy than any material possession could.” —Barbara de Angelis
Related: 65 Romantic Love Quotes For Her
8. “Love is the wisdom of the fool and the folly of the wise.” — Samuel Johnson
9. “Love is that condition in which the happiness of another person is essential to your own.” — Robert A. Heinlein
10. “Love is of all passions the strongest, for it attacks simultaneously the head, the heart and the senses.” — Lao Tzu
11. “Love can be unselfish, in the sense of being benevolent and generous, without being selfless.” — Mortimer Adler
12. “The highest function of love is that it makes the loved one a unique and irreplaceable being.” — Tom Robbins
13. “Love does not consist in gazing at each other, but in looking outward together in the same direction.” — Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Cute Love Quotes for Him
Find the perfect love quote for the man in your life.
14. “He’s more myself than I am. Whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same.” — Emily Brontë
15. “I love you, with no beginning, no end. I love you as you have become an extra necessary organ in my body. I love you as only a girl could love a boy. Without fear. Without expectations. Wanting nothing in return, except that you allow me to keep you here in my heart, that I may always know your strength, your eyes, and your spirit that gave me freedom and let me fly.“ — Coco J. Ginger
Related: 61 Of The Best I Love You Quotes
16. “Love is when he gives you a piece of your soul, that you never knew was missing.” — Torquato Tasso
17. “I love you, not because you are perfect, but because you are so perfect for me.” — Percy Shelley
18. “I will love you always. When the smooth softness of youth is replaced by the delicate softness of age, I will still want to touch your skin. When your face is full of the lines of every smile you have ever smiled, of every surprise I have seen flash through your eyes when every tear you have ever cried has left its mark upon your face, I will treasure you all the more, because I was there to see it all. I will share your life with you, and I will love you until the last breath leaves your body or mine.” — Laurell K. Hamilton
19. “I knew the second I met you that there was something about you I needed. Turns out it wasn’t something about you at all. It was just you.” — Jamie McGuire
20. “You’re always the first and the last thing on this heart of mine. No matter where I go, or what I do, I’m thinking of you.” — Dierks Bentley
21. “I love that you are my person and I am yours, that whatever door we come to, we will open it together.” — A.R. Asher
22. “My love for you has no depth, its boundaries are ever-expanding.” — Christina White
23. “In all the world there is no heart for me like yours, in all the world there is no love for you like mine.” — Maya Angelou.
Cute Love Quotes for Her
Find the perfect love quote for the woman in your life.
24. “And in her smile I see something more beautiful than the stars.” — Beth Revis
25. “The hours I spend with you I look upon as sort of a perfumed garden, a dim twilight, and a fountain singing to it. You and you alone make me feel that I am alive. Other men it is said have seen angels, but I have seen thee and thou art enough.“ — George Moore
26. “My heart is and always will be yours.” — Jane Austen
27. “If I had to dream up the perfect woman, she wouldn’t even come close to you.” — Boy Meets World
28. “I know of no greater happiness than to be with you all the time, without interruption, without end.” — Franz Kafka
29. “If my love were an ocean, there would be no more land. If my love were a desert, you would see only sand. If my love were a star–late at night, only light. And if my love could grow wings, I’d be soaring in flight.” — Jay Asher
30. “I swear I couldn’t love you more than I do right now, and yet I know I will tomorrow.” — Leo Christopher
31. “I seem to have loved you in numberless forms, numberless times, in life after life, in age after age forever.” — Rabindranath Tagore
32. “My love for you is past the mind, beyond my heart, and into my soul.” — Boris Kodjoe
33. “It was a million tiny little things that, when you added them all up, they meant we were supposed to be together… and I knew it.” — from “Sleepless In Seattle” (1993)
Cute I Love You Quotes
Pick one of these thoughtful I love you quotes to share with the one whose love makes you a better person.
34. “I love you without knowing how, or when, or from where. I love you straightforwardly, without complexities or pride; so I love you because I know no other way” — Pablo Neruda
35. “If I had to choose between breathing and loving you I would use my last breath to tell you I love you.” — DeAnna Anderson
36. “Infantile love follows the principle: ‘I love because I am loved.’ Mature love follows the principle: ‘I am loved because I love.’ Immature love says: ‘I love you because I need you.’ Mature love says: ‘I need you because I love you.’” — Erich Fromm
37. “I love you and that’s the beginning and end of everything.” — F. Scott Fitzgerald
38. “When I say I love you more, I don’t mean I love you more than you love me. I mean I love you more than the bad days ahead of us, I love you more than any fight we will ever have. I love you more than the distance between us, I love you more than any obstacle that could try and come between us. I love you the most.” — Unknown
39. “I love you not only for what you are, but for what I am when I am with you.” — Roy Croft
40. “So, I love you because the entire universe conspired to help me find you.” — Paulo Coelho
41. “I love you more than I have ever found a way to say to you.” — Ben Folds
42. “I was, and I remain, utterly and completely and totally in love with you.” — J.R. Ward
43. “Ask me to define my love for you and I’ll say it’s captured in every beautiful memory of our past, detailed out in vivid visions of our dreams and future plans, but most of all it’s right now, in the moment where everything I’ve ever wanted in my life is standing right in front of me.” — Leo Christopher
Cute Love Quotes for Your Boyfriend
Enjoy these quotes and choose one (or more) to share with your sweetheart and brighten his day.
44. “She knew she loved him when ‘home’ went from being a place to being a person.” — E. Leventhal
45. “The minute I heard my first love story – I started looking for you, not knowing how blind that was. Lovers don’t finally meet somewhere – they’re in each other all along.” — Rumi
46. “To be your friend was all I ever wanted; to be your lover was all I ever dreamed.” — Valerie Lombardo
47. “When we are in love we seem to ourselves quite different from what we were before.” — Blaise Pascal
48. “It doesn’t matter if the guy is perfect or the girl is perfect, as long as they are perfect for each other.” — from “Good Will Hunting” (1997)
49. “There is never a time or place for true love. It happens accidentally, in a heartbeat, in a single flashing, throbbing moment.” — Sarah Dessen
50. “For it was not into my ear you whispered but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed but my soul.” — Judy Garland.
51. “I’ve tried that love thing for the last time. My heart says no, no! Nobody’s supposed to be here, but you came along and changed my mind.” — Deborah Cox.
52. “When I saw you I fell in love, and you smiled because you knew.” — Arrigo Boito
Cute Funny Love Quotes
Cute sayings can also be funny. If the love of your life makes you laugh on a regular basis, why not try and return the favor?
53. “Love is being stupid together.” — Paul Valery
54. “Gravitation is not responsible for people falling in love.” — Albert Einstein
55. “Love is like pi – natural, irrational, and very important.” — Lisa Hoffman
56. “To be in love is merely to be in a state of perceptual anesthesia – to mistake an ordinary young man for a Greek god or an ordinary young woman for a goddess.” — H. L. Mencken
57. “Love involves a peculiar unfathomable combination of understanding and misunderstanding.” — Diane Arbus
58. “A kiss is a lovely trick designed by nature to stop speech when words become superfluous.” — Ingrid Bergman
59. “Affection is responsible for nine-tenths of whatever solid and durable happiness there is in our lives.” — C. S. Lewis
60. “We are all a little weird and life’s a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love.” — Dr. Seuss
61. “All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn’t hurt.” — Charles Schulz
Bring it on home.
With all the sayings about love in this article, I hope you find at least a few that resonate and get you thinking about how best to share them with the one you love. How you share them may depend on your significant other’s love language.
- If their love language is gifts, you could have a mug or other keepsake created with a meaningful love quote.
- If their love language is quality time, you could invite your significant other to a romantic date, using a favorite love quote as part of your handwritten invitation.
- If their love language is service, you could write a card with a love note and handwritten coupons for acts of service your significant other most appreciates.
- If their love language is words of affirmation, a well-chosen love quote — added to heartfelt words of your own — can go a long way.
However you use them to spice up your relationship, the fact that you’re taking the time to do so says good things about you.
Don’t forget that your own words — even if they’re not as eloquent — will do more to reach your loved one’s soul than the words of another. But using articulate and meaningful quotes along with your own words and actions gives your sweetheart the best of both.
And playing Sam Cooke in the background can’t hurt, either.