For those times when you need an extra push to step out of your comfort zone, we’ve collected 45 quotes on being bold to inspire you.
Let the boldness you feel from them motivate you to be your most courageous self. Let your own audacity express itself in a way you haven’t dared before.
If you’re reading this post, there’s a risk-taker in you just waiting for the tiniest opening. Think of us cheering you on as you read.
45 Be Bold Quotes and Sayings
There are plenty of ways to use these boldness quotes beyond just reading about them. Choose a few that especially resonate with you and how you’re feeling.
Then consider putting them to work to motivate and inspire you to be bold in your personal and professional lives. Here are some ideas:
- Write them on sticky notes and post them around your home or office.
- Have one printed on a coffee mug to remind you in the morning of your boldness.
- Use them as journaling prompts to write about your efforts to be bolder.
Now that you know how to use these quotes about being bold, here’s our curated list of 45 of the best.
- “If you build the guts to do something, anything, then you better save enough to face the consequences.” – Criss Jami
2. “Be bold in what you stand for and careful what you fall for.” – Ruth Boorstin
3. “You have to take your own bold approach, and if you do you will be rewarded with success. Or calamitous failure. That can happen too.” – Steven Moffat
4. “Develop the strength to do bold things, not the strength to suffer.”– Niccolo Machiavelli
5. “I don’t understand a way to work other than bold-facedly running towards failure.”– Cate Blanchett
6. “And the only thing people regret is that they didn’t live boldly enough, that they didn’t invest enough heart, didn’t love enough. Nothing else really counts at all.” – Ted Hughes
7. “There is something wonderfully bold and liberating about saying yes to our entire imperfect and messy life.” – Tara Brach
8. “Don’t just dream. Dig for it. Put your desires into motion not just thought. Act. Be bold and courageous.” – Byron Pulsifer
9. “A sudden bold and unexpected question doth many times surprise a man and lay him open.” – Francis Bacon
10. “If we want to realize our full potential as creatives and individuals, being proactive isn’t just an option, it’s a requirement.” – Jocelyn K. Glei
11. “People have boldness to criticize but not to sensitize.” – Amit Kalantri
12. “Be bold in pursuing what others believe is unrealistic because this will achieve more than being bland and unimaginative.” – Janna Cachol
13. “Stop being self-conscious when you write. You are the expert about the world you are creating, no one else. So be bold and write on.” – Nirav Sanchaniya
“Over-confidence is bad, but to tolerate premonitions of failure is worse, for a bold man may win attention by his very bearing, while a rabbit-hearted coward invites disaster.”- Dale Carnegie
14. “Over-confidence is bad, but to tolerate premonitions of failure is worse, for a bold man may win attention by his very bearing while a rabbit-hearted coward invites disaster.” – Dale Carnegie
15. “Be gentle and you can be bold; be frugal and you can be liberal; avoid putting yourself before others and you can become a leader among men.” – Lao Tzu
16. “You must be bold, brave, and courageous and find a way to get in the way.” – John Lewis
17. “If you are not prepared to take risks, make mistakes, feel your fear and take a bold step forward anyway…you’ll never come up with anything original.” – Leena Patel
18. “To be bold is not to be arrogant or pushy but instead it is to take consideration of something expectant understanding that a certain element of risk is present.”– Byron Pulsifer
19. “Be bold. If you’re going to make an error, make a doozy, and don’t be afraid to hit the ball.” – Billie Jean King
More Related Articles:
20. “Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. The fearful are caught as often as the bold.” – Helen Keller
21. “Be bold, proclaim it everywhere: They only live who dare.” – Voltaire
22. “We need to be bold and adventurous in our thinking in order to survive.” – William O. Douglas
23. “There is a difference between being bold and being rash. “ – Amy Klobuchar
24. “Do not love leisure. Waste not a minute. Be bold. Realize the Truth, here and now!” – Swami Sivananda
25. “Freedom lies in being bold.” – Robert Frost
26. “Whatever you do, or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius and power and magic in it.” – Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
27. “Be bold enough to find the one thing that you are passionate about. It might not be what you were trained to do. But be bold enough to do the one thing. Nobody needs to dig it but you.” – Chris Gardner
28. “Be bold and mighty powers will come to your aid.” – Basil King
29. “Taking bold, focused action creates explosive results.” – John Di Lemme
30. “I don’t think it’s necessary to shout if you have a good story. But I also don’t think you should shy away from being bold in the statement that you’re making.” – Nancy Gibbs
31. “When you are under pressure, you make the bold steps faster; you don’t make the bold steps slower.” – Azim Premji
32. “Put a grain of boldness into everything you do.” – Baltasar Gracian
33. “Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
34. “Don’t whisper your wishes to faraway stars, shout them boldly at the sun.” – Richelle E. Goodrich
35. “Our solutions must be beyond anything we have ever considered, … We should not be afraid to try bold new approaches.” – Mary Landrieu
36. “No great discovery was ever made without a bold guess.” – Isaac Newton
“You decide every day who you will and will not be. Be bold in your decision but remember, choose wisely.” — Joel Brown
37. “You decide every day who you will and will not be. Be bold in your decision but remember, choose wisely.” – Joel Brown
38. “Make bold choices and make mistakes. It’s all these things that add up to the person you become.”– Angelina Jolie“Whatever you dream of, be bold and pursue it.” – Lailah Gifty Akita
39. “Take risks, be bold and let your genius convert your fear into power and brilliance.” – Robert Kiyosaki
40. “Begin, be bold and venture to be wise.” – Horace
41. “The doors will be opened to those who are bold enough to knock.” –Tony Gaskins
42. “Boldness is ever blind, for it sees not dangers and inconveniences whence it is bad in council though good in execution.” –Francis Bacon
43. “The bold adventurer succeeds the best.” -Ovid
44. “I would rather be a hot mess of bold action, a make it happen learn on the fly kind of person, than a perfectly organized coward.” – Brendon Burchard
45. “To be bold is to be fully alive — to step into your own greatness and claim it without reservation.” – Barrie Davenport
Use these be bold quotes to take action.
Now that you’ve read these bold sayings, which ones stirred you the most? Which would you want to see on a day you knew you had to do something uncharacteristically bold?
Which words would drive you forward, inspiring you to be bold and to take the risks that stand between you and the life or the love you want?
Write your favorites somewhere you’ll see them until you do what you know you need to do. Read them aloud to yourself. You know you can do this.
Even if the results aren’t everything you hope they’ll be, every time you look fear in the face and take a bold step forward, you’re taking a step closer to a life that will both challenge and fulfill you.
May you get closer to it every day.