37 Of The Best Quotes About Finding Your Passion
Have you found it yet? That thing that lights you up? That makes you want to jump out of bed in the morning? That gives you a sense of purpose and fulfillment in life?
We're talking about your passion — whether you enjoy it in your career, a hobby, volunteer work, or some kind of side gig.
And we want to inspire you to embrace your passion with a list of the best “follow your passion” quotes.
Having something you feel passionate about is life-altering, even if you only pursue it part-time or after work. Having a passion can :
If you're ready for some inspiration to reinforce how valuable it is to have a passion, we've got you covered.
37 of the Best Passion Quotes
1. “If you can't figure out your purpose, figure out your passion. For your passion will lead you right into your purpose.” ~Bishop T.D. Jakes
2. “There's no passion to be found playing small — in settling for a life that is less than you are capable of living.”~Nelson Mandela
3. “There is no end. There is no beginning. There is only the passion of life.” ~Federico Fellini
4. “Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.” ~Harriet Tubman
5. “Do it no matter what. If you believe in it, it is something very honorable. If somebody around you or your family does not understand it, then that's their problem. But if you do have a passion, an honest passion, just do it.” ~Mario Andretti
7. “It is obvious that we can no more explain a passion to a person who has never experienced it than we can explain light to the blind.” ~T. S. Eliot
8. “Chase your passion, not your pension.” ~Denis Waitley
9. “You just have to find that thing that's special about you that distinguishes you from all the others, and through true talent, hard work, and passion, anything can happen.” ~Dr. Dre
10. “Every man is proud of what he does well; and no man is proud of what he does not do well. With the former, his heart is in his work; and he will do twice as much of it with less fatigue. The latter performs a little imperfectly, looks at it in disgust, turns from it, and imagines himself exceedingly tired. The little he has done, comes to nothing, for want of finishing.” ~Abraham Lincoln
11. “It's tough, but I have to remember that this is my passion and what I love, and that's how I keep the nerves from kicking in.” ~Charlotte Dujardin
12. “Above all, be true to yourself, and if you cannot put your heart in it, take yourself out of it.” ~Hardy D. Jackson
13. “It is a fact often observed, that men have written good verses under the inspiration of passion, who cannot write well under other circumstances.” ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
15. “Don't ask yourself what the world needs; ask yourself what makes you come alive. And then go and do that. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive.” ~Howard Thurman
16. “Without passion man is a mere latent force and possibility, like the flint which awaits the shock of the iron before it can give forth its spark.” ~Amiel
17. “Our passions are the winds that propel our vessel. Our reason is the pilot that steers her. Without winds the vessel would not move and without a pilot she would be lost.” ~Proverb
18. “It doesn't interest me what you do for a living. I want to know what you ache for, and if you dream of meeting your heart's longing.” ~Oriah Mountain Dreamer
19. “There is no greatness without a passion to be great, whether it's the aspiration of an athlete or an artist, a scientist, a parent, or a businessperson.” ~Anthony Robbins
20. “Love is the spiritual essence of what we do. Technique is the manifestation of the preparation and investment as a result of the love.” ~Wynton Marsalis
21. “The presence of passion within you is the greatest gift you can receive. Treat it as a miracle.” ~Wayne Dyer
22. “Nothing is as important as passion. No matter what you want to do with your life, be passionate.” ~ Jon Bon Jovi
23. “Is not life a hundred times too short for us to bore ourselves?” ~Friedrich Nietzsche
24. “The heart of human excellence often begins to beat when you discover a pursuit that absorbs you, frees you, challenges you, or gives you a sense of meaning, joy, or passion.” ~Terry Orlick
25. “We're the creators of our own experience — remembering this, and living our lives from this perspective, empowers us.” ~Mike Robbins
27. “My mission in life is not merely to survive, but to thrive; and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humor, and some style.” ~Maya Angelou
28. “The only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking. Don't settle. As with all matters of the heart, you'll know when you find it.” ~Steve Jobs
29. “The biggest adventure you can take is to live the life of your dreams.” Oprah Winfrey
More Related Articles:
30. “There is a vitality, a life force, an energy, a quickening, that is translated through you into action, and because there is only one of you in all time, this expression is unique.” ~Martha Graham
31. “When you seek the presence of your creative Spirit and are filled with passion about virtually everything you undertake, you'll successfully remove the roadblocks from your life and enjoy the active presence of Spirit.” ~Wayne Dyer
32. “There was a disturbance in my heart, a voice that spoke there and said, I want, I want, I want! It happened every afternoon, and when I tried to suppress it it got even stronger.” ~Saul Bellow
33. “Let the beauty of what you love be what you do.” ~Rumi
34. “The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes ‘Awww!'” ~Jack Kerouac
35. “”Passion is what gets you through the hardest times that might otherwise make strong men weak, or make you give up. ~Neil deGrasse Tyson
36. “Life is a process of becoming, a combination of states we have to go through. Where people fail is that they wish to elect a state and remain in it. This is a kind of death.” ~Anais Nin
37. “Passion, it lies in all of us, sleeping… waiting… and though unwanted… unbidden… it will stir… open its jaws and howl. It speaks to us… guides us… passion rules us all, and we obey. What other choice do we have?” – Joss Whedon, screenwriter and director
How will you use these life passion quotes?
If you've been standing on the sidelines of your life passion, wondering whether or not you should jump in, then we hope these quotes provide a little inspiration and motivation to get started.
You can use these quotes to affirm your determination to live a more passionate life in these ways:
No matter how you decide to use these quotes, be sure you take some daily action toward making your passion a reality.
Reading these quotes can inspire you, but taking action will bring you one step closer to living the life of your dreams.