You know how much your girlfriend or wife loves surprises.
And you love doing romantic things for her.
But there are only so many times you can give her flowers, buy her jewelry, or take her to a nice dinner.
If a special occasion is on the horizon, you want to blow it out of the water with a unique idea to have her singing your praises for years.
Are you willing to be open-minded and spontaneous?
If so, consider a wildly romantic, knock-her-socks-off (and other clothing items, too!) overnight stay at a hotel.
We have dozens of romantic hotel room ideas that can create a lifetime of memories for you and her.
- Reasons and Occasions for a Romantic Hotel Room Set-Up
- Things to Consider When Choosing a Hotel for a Romantic Night
- 11 Romantic Hotel Room Ideas for Her
- 1. Put together a special playlist.
- 2. Add fresh flowers.
- 3. Let the concierge help.
- 4. Stage the hotel room.
- 5. Don't skimp on the candlelight.
- 6. Ice the champagne.
- 7. Indulge in room service.
- 8. Schedule a couples spa treatment.
- 9. Enjoy a long bubble bath.
- 10. Have breakfast in bed.
- 11. Give her a romantic thank-you gift.
- Things to Bring on a Romantic Hotel Date Night
- More Ideas for a Romantic Night in a Hotel
Reasons and Occasions for a Romantic Hotel Room Set-Up
Some might ask, “why would you choose to stay in a hotel room for a romantic night when there is a perfectly good bedroom at home?”
While practicality can be a good quality, setting up a special night requires spontaneity and a bit of selfless forethought.
There are numerous reasons to stay in a hotel for a night with your beautiful lady.
And if any of these special occasions are upcoming, consider a romantic set-up to ensure a lasting memory.
- Proposing marriage: A romantically decorated hotel room will show her just how far you will go to please her when she says yes!
- Your honeymoon: A luxurious hotel is perfect for those first few days of marriage or even for a second honeymoon.
- Celebrating a birthday: If you want to celebrate a birthday in style, grab a few romantic hotel decoration ideas to ensure an unforgettable evening.
- Celebrating an anniversary: If you are celebrating an anniversary, a hideaway hotel is a great place to rekindle that original passion.
- A day off gift for her: A couple’s evening in a hotel room, where you will pamper her, can be an amazingly romantic gift. Include a spa treatment as part of the gift.
Things to Consider When Choosing a Hotel for a Romantic Night
There are numerous things to consider when choosing a hotel for a romantic night.
First, consider why you want to stay in a hotel.
Do you want to reconnect after time apart or celebrate your anniversary? You may even want to offer a declaration of love.
Remember, it is the details that make this a romantic night. So, put enough thought and planning into the evening to make it memorable.
- What type of hotel are you considering? Is it a themed, large, or small boutique hotel with lots of privacy?
- Is it a luxury hotel providing turnkey service with a 24-hour butler?
- Or is it a bed and breakfast? While many B&Bs have great old-world charm, the rooms are not soundproof, and if the inn is full, there may be little privacy.
- Is there a special package, such as a romantic getaway deal or dinner for two?
- There is nothing more romantic than panoramic views. Do the hotel, and the room they have picked out for you have a spectacular view? There’s nothing less romantic than staring at a parking lot or the air conditioning units on the top of nearby buildings.
- Where is the room located? Just like the view, not all rooms are created equal. Those near the elevator or vending/ice machine can pick up a lot of noise and traffic, spoiling the mood. When booking the room, stress a quiet corner or floor.
- Does the hotel have a spa and provide couples treatments or in-room massages?
- Is the room service 24/7, or will you end up ordering a pizza or eating potato chips at 11 PM?
- Is there an intimate gourmet restaurant, rooftop lounge, or art gallery attached to the hotel?
- If you are looking for champagne or wine, check the wine list for her favorite bottle. If they don't have it, speak with the hotel sommelier for a special treat.
- An oversized tub-spa is a must for a romantic hotel.
- Does your suite have a fireplace? This item is one of the top on the list of great hotel amenities.
- Check to see if the room has a patio or private balcony. A spot to sit for in-room breakfast or just to relax and breathe before the day begins is a wonderful touch.
- In the same vein, a hotel pool or hot tub can add a bit of steam to the evening.
11 Romantic Hotel Room Ideas for Her
Simply booking a hotel suite for the night can be a great way to enjoy some private time together. It's a special place all to yourselves. And someone else cleans up in the morning.
While the room is good, if you decide to go all out, some romantic hotel night ideas will make the evening shine.
1. Put together a special playlist.
Adding a hand-crafted playlist of her favorite smooth jazz will show her that you do listen to her and mark her needs.
Putting together a playlist shows you are willing to put in the time to make her happy. Believe it or not, this effort is a more romantic gesture than the room.
2. Add fresh flowers.
Do this yourself or call the concierge and ask for fresh flowers in your room or rose petals tossed on the bed. These are extra services that are usually not included in everyday housekeeping.
But most hotels will accommodate or point you in the right direction for a nearby florist. Ask if they can spell out your loved one's name, Happy Birthday, or even I Love You. Or arrange the petals in a big heart shape on the bed.
3. Let the concierge help.
The hotel concierge is also an excellent person to help you add unique services to your stay. They can find her favorite bubble bath or leave thoughtful presents while you are out for drinks or dinner.
Sometimes hotels have special packages, such as Valentine's Day room decorations or a dinner-and-movie theme.
4. Stage the hotel room.
After decorating the room, draw the curtains. Blocking out the light and chaos of the outside world can create a soothing atmosphere.
Dim the lamps and use the accent lights over the bed and entryway for a distinctive glow. And light the fireplace if you are lucky enough to have one. Add a furry blanket or pillow to the bed for an added touch.
5. Don't skimp on the candlelight.
Candles should be at the top of your hotel decorations list. Since most hotels do not allow flames, try battery-powered candles. They come in all sizes, from tiny tea lights to 12″ pillars.
Some even cycle through colors and flicker for a realistic effect. Combine candle sizes and colors or blanket the room in twinkling lights and control them with a remote.
For a complete romantic effect, add a bit of aromatherapy. The sense of smell is a powerful motivator and mood enhancer. Try coconut oil reminiscent of your honeymoon or cloves for that first Christmas together. Remember to wear her favorite cologne.
6. Ice the champagne.
Champagne is the quintessential beverage for a special night. With crystal gold hues and tiny bubbles, it is a celebration in itself.
When looking for romantic or anniversary hotel room ideas, put a bottle or two of champagne, an elegant ice bucket, and unique crystal flutes at the top of the list.
Or, if you are running short of time, ask the hotel to ensure that chilled champagne, fresh strawberries, and whipped cream are waiting for her arrival.
7. Indulge in room service.
For many women, room service is a special treat, especially if she is the primary cook in the family.
An elegantly prepared meal such as sushi or lobster or an eclectic triple chocolate mouse cake will prove to her that you appreciate all she does.
If you need help deciding what to order, call ahead and check for seasonal specials or wine dinners. Add liquor to hot chocolate for cozy treats.
8. Schedule a couples spa treatment.
There is nothing more romantic than a couples massage or aromatic spa treatment. If you want to treat your special lady, make sure the hotel you have chosen also has a full-service spa with various treatments.
9. Enjoy a long bubble bath.
If you want something more private, opt for a hotel room with a view and an oversized soaking tub. Or, preferably, both!
Fill the tub with steamy water and a generous helping of aromatic bubble bath-rose, patchouli, and orange blossoms are especially nice for romantic moments.
10. Have breakfast in bed.
Opt for breakfast in bed if a special dinner doesn't fit your schedule. Or, at the very least, a decadent breakfast delivered through room service.
This is an amazing way to start a leisurely day and spend the rest of the day showing her just how much you appreciate her.
More Related Articles
11. Give her a romantic thank-you gift.
Life can be overwhelming. A thoughtful gift doesn't need to come in a little blue box. If fact, a specially planned night to thank her for all she does can be an amazingly romantic gift.
Start with champagne and decorate the hotel room with everything she will need for a peaceful evening. Trust me – she will treasure the memory and brag about you to her friends.
Things to Bring on a Romantic Hotel Date Night
When planning a night out with your beloved, it's a good idea to consider how to decorate a romantic hotel room.
- Fresh flowers: While fake flowers may work in a pinch, fresh flowers, fragrant, soft rose petals, or even multi-colored confetti are an unbeatable addition.
- Flameless candles: Most hotels do not allow open-flame candles. But flameless candles can add an air of romance, fragrance, and color to the room.
- Cuddly throw or favorite pillow: Even the best hotel sheets don't have that homey touch. Grab a furry blanket or perfect pillow to add to the ambiance.
- Favorite beverages: From the perfect glass of wine to sparkling water and fresh fruit, packing some favorite snacks and beverages is a good idea. Don't forget the glassware and openers – you may not want to wait for room service.
- Adult games: These nice-to-naughty games are a great conversation starter and a great way to get to know your loved one, without little ears around, all over again.
- Bath bombs or salts: For a relaxing soak in the oversized bathtub.
- Bubble bath: A effervescent bath for two instantly creates a romantic hotel vibe.
- Massage Oils: Even if you have booked spa treatments, give the evening a memorable touch with scented massage oils and a foot or hand massage.
More Ideas for a Romantic Night in a Hotel
Life is hectic. And things like kids, work, PTA, or daily obligations can transform happiness into a daily drudge. When you see she is no longer smiling, then chances are she is overwhelmed with life.
So what if it's not her birthday or your anniversary? It could be Groundhog Day or International Chocolate Cake Day. When it comes to love, you don't need a special occasion to surprise her.
Keep in mind that most disconnection in a relationship stems from everyday stressors. This romantic night is all about reconnecting.
Designing a romantic night away in a hotel will relieve stress and quiet the noise so that you can concentrate on each other.
If you’re still searching for a few ideas to help put that romantic night in a hotel into overdrive, try some of these:
- Add some spice with hot and spicy food that can be an aphrodisiac.
- Enjoy a private wine tasting.
- Try holding hands on a midnight stroll.
- Snuggle up on the balcony and count the stars.
- Read to her – the sound of your voice can soothe and relax.
- Turn off the gadgets with no exceptions. (The grandparents can handle the kids for one night!)
Rose petals and chocolates in a hotel room are romantic ideals that can bring you closer and sweep her off her feet. But everyone has their own definition of love and romance.
Love can blossom and grow almost anywhere. And once felt, it is up to all of us, men and women, to cherish and nourish that beautiful spark.