There are days when you just don’t believe in yourself.
You don’t even like yourself.
Maybe you’re having one today.
It seems everyone is better than you in some way – smarter, more attractive, more accomplished.
A tidal wave of low self-esteem washes over you.
You can’t stop wondering if you’re worth anyone’s attention, praise, or love.
And that’s a low place to be.
When you get in this state, don’t continue to feed the low self-esteem beast by pondering all the ways you feel unworthy.
Part of you knows that these thoughts aren’t serving you.
Change course and seek out encouragement to reinforce your inherent worth.
That’s exactly what these “remember your worth” quotes will help you do.
How Do You Know Your Worth As a Person?
You know it because you are a person – a human being whose worth is implicit in your humanness. You are as worthy as any other person on the planet.
But, of course, knowing that doesn’t always make you feel worthy. You’ve had life experiences and societal messages that may have damaged your sense of worthiness.
Knowing your worth is an inside job. You have to retrain your beliefs and thought patterns to revive what you were born with. Remember:
- All people are worthy. You aren’t a special exception.
- Your worth doesn’t hinge on your appearance, status, intelligence, etc.
- Embracing your worth is necessary for living happily and achieving your goals.
- It may take time, but you can change how you see yourself by changing how you think.
- If you’re having trouble by yourself, seek support from a counselor. (Just doing that shows you believe you’re worth the effort.)
139 Always Know Your Worth Quotes
These worth quotes below are one more tool in your self-worth arsenal. Read through each of the quotes about knowing your worth, and make a note of those that speak to you and how you’re feeling.
Or find some quotes that you want to share with someone you know who is having difficulty accepting their own worth. These little gems might be enough to turn their entire day around!
You’re Worth It Quotes
1. “Just being born makes you worthy enough to be here.” – Oprah Winfrey
2. “No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.”- Eleanor Roosevelt
4. “Self-worth comes from one thing – thinking that you are worthy.”- Wayne Dyer
5. “You’re worthy of being chosen, fought for, and loved. Remember that.” – Mark Groves
6. “Your soul is attracted to people the same way flowers are attracted to the sun. Surround yourself only with those who want to see you grow.” – Pavana
7. “The only thing between you and big love is your belief in your worthiness of it.”- Kristin Lohr
8. “You’re imperfect, and you’re wired for struggle, but you are worthy of love and belonging.”- Brené Brown
9. “Choose, everyday to forgive yourself. You are human, flawed, and most of all worthy of love.”- Alison Malee
10. “You are valuable because you exist. Not because of what you do or what you have done, but simply because you are.”- Max Lucado
11. “If you’re following your dreams, you’re doing something you love and that you believe in yourself for.” – McKayla Maroney
12. “Always remember that you were once alone, and the crowd you see in your life today are just as necessary as when you were alone.” ― Michael Bassey Johnson
13. “Remember, you’re not half of anything, you’re twice of everything.”― Viet Thanh Nguyen
15. “Those who love you are not fooled by mistakes you have made or dark images you hold about yourself. They remember your beauty when you feel ugly; your wholeness when you are broken; your innocence when you feel guilty; and your purpose when you are confused.” – Alan Cohen
16. “Because one believes in oneself, one doesn’t try to convince others. Because one is content with oneself, one doesn’t need other’s approval. Because one accepts oneself, the whole world accepts him or her.” – Lao Tzu
17. “If you are insecure, guess what? The rest of the world is too. Do not overestimate the competition and underestimate yourself. You are better than you think.” – T. Harv Eker
18. “Our motive is not to prove our self-worth but to live up to our possibilities.” – Nathaniel Branden
19. “Look into yourself with your own eyes. Self-realization is an art of knowing yourself and making oneself better with each new realization about self.” ― Suyasha Subedi
Woman Know Your Worth Quotes
20. “She understood her worth which made her powerful. The world gravely needed a hero so she became one. No superpowers really, just a strong woman who took no nonsense from anyone.” Rabdall Core
21. “He who understands you is greater kin to you than your own brother. For even your own kindred neither understand you nor know your true worth.” Khalil Gibran
22. “Know who you are. Know what you want. Know what you deserve. And don’t settle for less.” Tony Gaskins
23. “Never settle for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living.” ATGW
24. “Why settle for a lesser vision? When you are destined for greatness!”- Lailah Gifty Akita
25. “A person’s worth in this world is estimated according to the value they put on themselves.”- Jean De La Bruyère
26. “Love yourself first and everything else falls into line. You really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world.”– Lucille Ball
27. “Role models are only of limited use. For no-one is as important, potentially powerful and as key in your life and world as you.” ― Rasheed Ogunlaru
28. “Having a low opinion of yourself is not modesty. It’s self-destruction. Holding your uniqueness in high regard is not egotism. It’s a necessary precondition to happiness and success.” – Bobbe Sommer
29. “Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one’s definition of your life, but define yourself.”– Harvey Fierstein
31. “When your self-worth goes up, your net worth goes up with it.” – Mark Victor Hansen
32. “To double your net worth, double your self-worth. Because you will never exceed the height of your self-image.” – Robin Sharma
33. “Know your worth and believe in it. Live life accordingly. No one will dare to let you down.” – Dr. Anil Kumar Sinha
34. “You are very powerful, provided you know how powerful you are.” – Harbhajan Singh Yogi
35. “No one is you and that is your superpower.” -Erica Layne
36. “Too easy to get = Just as easy to forget.” ― Mandy Hale
37. “When you refuse to settle for less than the best…the best tends to track you down.” ― Mandy Hale
38. “You’ll have moments when you feel like a lion, and moments when you feel like a mouse. Just know that no matter how you feel, you still have a heartbeat and a soul worthy of love, so learn to roar even when you feel small, because you are more than the feelings you may have.” — T.B. LaBerge
39. “To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
40. “Believe in yourself! Have faith in your abilities! Without a humble but reasonable confidence in your own powers you cannot be successful or happy.” – Norman Vincent Peale
Know Your Worth Quotes for Him
41. “Know your worth. People always act like they’re doing more for you than you’re doing for them.” Kanye West
42. “You are the only person on earth who can use your ability.”- Zig Ziglar
43. “If you want to improve your self-worth, stop giving other people the calculator.”- Tim Fargo
44. “We are the brightest Star of our sky though we often fail to notice our own brilliance in the presence of others’ light.”- E.L.Blade
45. “Everything in the universe wants to be loved and accepted. Our personal work is to find the love and acceptance within ourselves.”- Shakti Gawain
46. “If you hear a voice within you say ‘you cannot paint,’ then by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced.” —Vincent van Gogh
47. “Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude.” — Thomas Jefferson
48. “When teachers doubt your potential, show them how wrong they truly are.” ― Ace Antonio Hall
49. “If you wish to achieve worthwhile things in your personal and career life, you must become a worthwhile person in your own self-development.”― Brian Tracy
50. “Only when you are aware of the uniqueness of everyone’s individual body will you begin to have a sense of your own self-worth.” – Ma Jian
51. “What a man thinks of himself, that it is which determines, or rather indicates his fate.” – Henry David Thoreau
52. “The man who does not value himself, cannot value anything or anyone.” – Ayn Rand
53. “Visions are worth fighting for. Why spend your life making someone else’s dreams?”— Tim Burton
54. “A man’s friendships are one of the best measures of his worth.” — Charles Darwin
55. “Believe that life is worth living and your belief will help create the fact.” — William James
57. “Self-love, my liege, is not so vile a sin, as self-neglecting.” – William Shakespeare
58. “A man cannot be comfortable without his own approval.” – Mark Twain
59. “Self-love is an ocean and your heart is a vessel. Make it full, and any excess will spill over into the lives of the people you hold dear. But you must come first.” – Beau Taplin
60. “Growth begins when we start to accept our own weakness.” – Jean Vanier
61. “You have been criticizing yourself for years, and it hasn’t worked. Try approving of yourself and see what happens.” – Louise Hay
More Related Articles
I Know My Worth Quotes
62. “We are what we believe we are.”- C.S. Lewis
63. “The only person who can pull me down is myself, and I’m not going to let myself pull me down anymore.”- C. JoyBell C.
64. “I forgive myself for having believed for so long that I was never good enough to have, get and be what I wanted.”- Ceanne DeRohan
65. “Life is ten percent what you experience and ninety percent how you respond to it.” ― Dorothy M. Neddermeyer
66. “Each time we face our fear, we gain strength, courage, and confidence in the doing.” – Theodore Roosevelt
67. “Once you embrace your value, talents and strengths, it neutralizes when others think less of you.”― Rob Liano
68. “What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.”– Ralph Waldo Emerson
69. “The problem isn’t that I think so highly of myself. It is just that you think so little of yourself. Live life BIG, BOLD and OUT LOUD!”― Shannon L. Alder
70. “Don’t waste your energy trying to change opinions … Do your thing, and don’t care if they like it.”– Tina Fey
71. “Do not undervalue what you are ultimately worth because you are at a momentary disadvantage.”― Sherry Thomas
72. “Never let the opinion of another affect your opinion of yourself.”― Teresa Mummert
73. “It’s not what others think, it’s what you think about yourself that counts.”- Unknown
74. “Once you know your worth, no one can make you feel worthless.” – Rashida Rowe
75. “You are very powerful, provided you know how powerful you are.” – Yogi Bhajan
77. “Refuse to accept another’s estimation of yourself.” – Alison Stormwolf
78. “Sometimes all you have to do is forget what you feel and remember what you deserve.”- Unknown
79. “When you start loving yourself and respecting your time and energy, things will change. Get to know your worth, and your value will go up.” – Germany Kent
80. “My highest ambition is to crawl out from under the ash and laugh at all the things that thought they could bury me.” — Rudy Francisco
81. “Worthy now. Not if. Not when. We are worthy of love and belonging now. Right this minute. As is.” — Brené Brown
82. “Sometimes you have to be alone to truly know your worth.” – Karen A. Baquiran
83. “Sometimes the hardest part of the journey is believing you’re worthy of the trip.” ― Glenn Beck
84. “When you start to build self-worth and redeem your magnificence, the fears go away – you void your fears via your realization of your own self-worth.” – Lee Carroll
85. “Other people’s opinions of you does not have to become your reality.” – Les Brown
Know Your Worth in a Relationship Quotes
86. “I was angry with you for ‘ignoring’ me but then I realized its’ not your responsibility to validate my worth.” – Marissa Rodriguez
87. “When you please others in hopes of being accepted, you lose you self-worth in the process.” – Dave Pelzer
88. “There is nothing so rewarding as to make people realize that they are worthwhile in this world.” – Bob Anderson
89. “Being brave enough to be alone frees you up to invite people into your life because you want them and not because you need them.”― Mandy Hale
90. “Until you know your worth you’ll continue to seek other people’s approval just to feel good about yourself.” – Sonya Parker
91. “Your most important sale is to sell yourself to yourself.” – Maxwell Maltz
92. “Who you are is not who other people judge you to be; nor is it based on their acceptance of you.” – Sumner M. Davenport
93. “All that matters is that you know your worth. If they don’t know your worth realize that it’s OKAY because they aren’t meant for you anyway.” – Sonya Parker
94. “Any relationship that never considered your values should not stay longer in your heart. know your worth!” – Terry Mark
95. “They keep disrespecting you because they have no respect for you, and you keep holding onto them because you don’t know your worth.” – Sonya Parker
96. “Two things you will never have to chase: True friends & true love.” – Mandy Hale
97. “Be with a person who treats you like their crown, proudly honoring you infront of the world. Not with someone who treats you like a trophy, secured for their sense of achievement.” – Henna Sohail
98. “Know your worth. Examine what you tolerate!” – Jyoti Patel
99. “Dignity will only happen when you realize that having someone in your life doesn’t validate your worth.” ― Shannon L. Alder
100. “When you think this pain is all you deserve, you are right. You are the only one that can decide how long you will walk in hell.” ― Shannon L. Alder
101. “Never chase a person that doesn’t know your worth because the moment you catch him you will always feel you were never good enough.” ― Shannon L. Alder
102. “Observe the behavior of the butterfly, and chase no one, for they will only elude you.” ― Michael Bassey Johnson
103. “Truth is everybody is going to hurt you: you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for.” — Bob Marley
104. “Strong people have a strong sense of self-worth and self-awareness. They don’t need the approval of others.” – Roy T. Bennett
105. “What a tiring way to live, when your self-worth is constantly relying on the affirmation and approval of others.” – Darlene Zschech
106. “Don’t live down to expectations. Go out there and do something remarkable.” – Wendy Wasserstein
108. “Don’t try to prove anything about yourself to anyone. It isn’t necessary. Your worth shines through to others – know your worth.” – Alexandra Stoddard
109. “The true value of a human being can be found in the degree to which he has attained liberation from the self.” – Albert Einstein
110. “Women must learn to find self-worth within themselves, not through others. It is important to carve out a place just for you.” – Georgette Mosbacher
111. “It is so important to take time for yourself and find clarity. The most important relationship is the one you have with yourself.” – Diane Von Furstenberg
112. “When you know your self-worth, and you read and you ask questions and you study and you travel, you become free.” – KRS-One
113. “A healthy self-love means we have no compulsion to justify to ourselves or others why we take vacations, why we sleep late, why we buy new shoes, why we spoil ourselves from time to time. We feel comfortable doing things which add quality and beauty to life.” – Andrew Matthews
114. “Look well into thyself; there is a source of strength which will always spring up if thou wilt always look.” – Marcus Aurelius
115. “When I loved myself enough, I began leaving whatever wasn’t healthy. This meant people, jobs, my own beliefs and habits – anything that kept me small. My judgement called it disloyal. Now I see it as self-loving.” – Kim McMillen
117. “If you don’t know your own value, somebody will tell you your value, and it’ll be less than you’re worth.” – Bernard Hopkins
118. “If you aren’t good at loving yourself, you will have a difficult time loving anyone, since you’ll resent the time and energy you give another person that you aren’t even giving to yourself.” – Barbara De Angelis
119. “If you do not respect your own wishes, no one else will. You will simply attract people who disrespect you as much as you do.” – Vironika Tugaleva
120. “Love of others and love of ourselves are not alternatives. On the contrary, an attitude of love towards themselves will be found in all those who are capable of loving others.” – Erich Fromm
121. “Don’t rely on someone else for your happiness and self-worth. Only you can be responsible for that. If you can’t love and respect yourself – no one else will be able to make that happen. Accept who you are – completely; the good and the bad – and make changes as YOU see fit – not because you think someone else wants you to be different.” – Stacey Charter
122. “Loving yourself isn’t vanity. It’s sanity.” – Katrina Mayer
123. “I do not care so much what I am to others as I care what I am to myself.” – Michel de Montaigne
124. “You have to believe in yourself when no one else does – that makes you a winner right here.” – Venus Williams
125. “When you understand that your self-worth is not determined by your net-worth, then you’ll have financial freedom.” – Suze Orman
126. “Don’t belittle yourself. Be BIG yourself.” – Corita Kent
127. “If you know your true worth, you do not need anyone else to confirm it.” – Alan Cohen
128. “Accept yourself, love yourself, and keep moving forward. If you want to fly, you have to give up what weighs you down.” – Roy T. Bennett
129. “Never suppress your greatness just to fit in!”- Anneka Jordan
130. “Know yourself, know your worth.” – Drake
131. “If you know what your life is worth, you will look for yours on earth.” – Bob Marley
132. “Now if you know what you’re worth. Then go out and get what you’re worth.” – Sylvester Stallone
133. “You can always hold out for something better when you know your self-worth.” – Bryant McGill
135. “Don’t forget to tell yourself positive things daily! You must love yourself internally to glow externally.” – Hannah Bronfman
136. “Living your life without knowing your worth is a sin.” – Nitin Namdeo
137. “Love yourself. Enough to take the actions required for your happiness. Enough to cut yourself loose from the drama-filled past. Enough to set a high standard for relationships. Enough to feed your mind and body in a healthy manner. Enough to forgive yourself. Enough to move on.” – Steve Maraboli
138. “Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are.” – Marilyn Monroe
139. “Asking for what you need is proof of self-worth.” – Amanda Goetz
If you’ve read all of these “always know your worth” quotes, you should be feeling pretty good right now.
Of course, you’re worthy. Of course, you are as deserving as anyone else.
Of course, you have something amazing to offer the world. So go out there and seize it, oh worthy one! The world is waiting.