97 Of The Best Quotes About Money And Creating Wealth
Money makes the world go 'round — or at least it makes life a lot more fun!
If your finances are in a funk, there's nothing like a good money quote to inspire you to earn more, save plenty, and share the wealth with those you can help.
As you read through the quotes below, think about how you can apply the message to a mindset or action that will improve your relationship with money.
Write down your thoughts and action steps, and make a commitment to do one thing today to set yourself up for more financial freedom.
Here are 97 of the best money quotes to motivate and inspire you:
Making Money Quotes
It is important to make enough money to cover your needs and many of your wants, but it's also important to avoid becoming so consumed with making money that everything else in your life suffers.
Making money can be fun if your life is in balance, and you see a greater purpose for earning beyond accumulating stuff and putting dollars in the bank.
1. “Making money is art and working is art and good business is the best art.” – Andy Warhol
2. “I don’t pay good wages because I have a lot of money; I have a lot of money because I pay good wages.” – Robert Bosch
3. “I will tell you the secret to getting rich on Wall Street. You try to be greedy when others are fearful. And you try to be fearful when others are greedy.” – Warren Buffett
4. “It takes money to make money, even begging. Humans are herd animals. If a stranger’s bleeding to death beside the road, most people won’t stop to offer a Band-Aid. But get the ball rolling with a couple Good Samaritans, and before you know it you’ve got more eager philanthropists than you know what to do with.” ― Sol Luckman
5. “An entrepreneur with a strong network makes money even when he is asleep.” ― Amit Kalantri
6. “Making money isn't hard in itself… What's hard is to earn it doing something worth devoting one’s life to.” ― Carlos Ruiz Zafón
7. “We need to make a game out of earning money. There is so much good we can do with money. Without it, we are bound and shackled and our choices become limited.” – Bob Proctor
8. “Only the elites despise earning money.” – Newt Gingrich
9. “Money was established for exchange, but interest causes it to be reproduced by itself. Therefore, this way of earning money is greatly in conflict with the natural law.” – Aristotle
10. “We've become a culture where earning money doesn't entitle you to it, but wanting it does. That is the essence of redistribution.” – Ken Blackwell
11. “Success is not the result of making money; earning money is the result of success – and success is in direct proportion to our service.” – Earl Nightingale
12. “I've learned that making a ‘living' is not the same thing as ‘making a life'.” ― Maya Angelou
13. “My life changed the day I moved beyond just wishing for things and I started earning them. That is the day I learned that we don't get what we wish for, we get what we work for.” ― Steve Maraboli
14. “Earning is a product of learning. You're only one letter away from earning more.” ― Richie Norton
15. “Even though earning just enough to meet the needs of my family may seem nonmaterialistic, it's actually selfish when I could earn enough to care for others as well.” ― Randy Alcorn
16. “In what areas are you learning and growing? If the answer is none that means you're stagnating or regressing. Learn more, earn more, know more, grow more!” ― Rob Liano
17. “Your greatest asset is your earning ability. Your greatest resource is your time.” – Brian Tracy
18. “The darkest hour in any man's life is when he sits down to plan how to get money without earning it.” – Horace Greeley
19. “If you make a living, if you earn your own money, you're free – however free one can be on this planet.” – Theodore White
20. “What you learn today directly impacts what you earn tomorrow.” – Alexis Herman19 Of The Most Powerful Keys To Success Only Smart People Know
21. “Unless you are completely retired, earning money is the best form of wealth preservation.” – Felix Dennis
22. “The secret to making money isn't working at a high-paying job, it’s finding creative solutions to people’s problems.” ― Ziad K. Abdelnour
23. “Financial peace isn't the acquisition of stuff. It's learning to live on less than you make, so you can give money back and have money to invest. You can't win until you do this.” – Dave Ramsey
24. “Formal education will make you a living; self-education will make you a fortune.” – Jim Rohn
Quotes About Saving Money
It can seem almost impossible to save money at times. When you're already barely paying your bills, how can you consider putting some of that money aside for something that may or may not come up in the future?
But saving is one of the surest pathways to financial success. Make saving a priority, even if it means cutting back in other areas.
These quotes will help motivate you to save money and recognize the value in delaying gratification now so you can enjoy financial independence later.
25. “Never spend your money before you have it.” – Thomas Jefferson
26. “Before you speak, listen. Before you write, think. Before you spend, earn. Before you invest, investigate. Before you criticize, wait. Before you pray, forgive. Before you quit, try. Before you retire, save. Before you die, give.” – William Arthur Ward
27. “Only buy something that you’d be perfectly happy to hold if the market shuts down for ten years.” – Warren Buffett
28. “If you would be wealthy, think of saving as well as getting.” – Ben Franklin
29. “A simple fact that is hard to learn is that the time to save money is when you have some.” – Joe Moore
30. “The gratification of wealth is not found in mere possession or in lavish expenditure, but in its wise application.” — Miguel de Cervantes
31. “There are plenty of ways to get ahead. The first is so basic I'm almost embarrassed to say it: Spend less than you earn.” – Paul Clitheroe
32. “By definition, saving – for anything – requires us to not get things now so we can get bigger ones later.” – Jean Chatzky
33. “Save money on the big, boring stuff so you can have something left over for life’s little pleasures.” – Elisabeth Leamy
34. “It is great wealth to a soul to live frugally with a contented mind.” – Lucretius
35. “Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure nineteen six, result happiness. Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure twenty pound ought and six, result misery.” – Charles Dickens
36. “You must gain control over your money or the lack of it will forever control you.” – Dave Ramsey
37. “The art is not in making money, but in keeping it.” – Proverb
38. “Rich people stay rich by living like they’re broke. Broke people stay broke by living like they’re rich.” – Unknown
39. “A penny saved is a penny earned.” – Benjamin Franklin
40. “Waste neither time nor money, but make the best use of both.” – Benjamin Franklin
41. “He who will not economize will have to agonize.” – Confucius
42. “It is an unfortunate human failing that a full pocketbook often groans more loudly than an empty stomach.” – Franklin D. Roosevelt
43. “Wealth, after all, is a relative thing since he that has little and wants less is richer than he that has much and wants more.” – Charles Caleb Colton
44. “I think the harder part is having the discipline to save. So my tip is: save now or pay later. Far too many people wake up in their sixties and realize they don’t have enough money. I say, let go of the mentality of spending money for immediate gratification to protect yourself in the long-term.” – Jeannette Bajalia
45. “Smart women figure out what, exactly, makes them happiest. They spend generously on those things but cut out the rest.” – Laura Vanderkam
46. “The amount of money you have has nothing to do with what you earn. People earning a million dollars a year can have no money and people earning $35,000 a year can be quite well off. It's not what you earn, it's what you spend.” – Paul Clitheroe
47. “The habit of saving is itself an education; it fosters every virtue, teaches self-denial, cultivates the sense of order, trains to forethought, and so broadens the mind.” – T.T. Munger
48. “The person who doesn’t know where his next dollar is coming from usually doesn’t know where his last dollar went.” – Unknown
49. “Money, like emotions, is something you must control to keep your life on the right track.” – Natasha Munson
Funny Quotes About Money
Money can be such a source of stress in people's lives that sometimes you just need to laugh about it.
These humorous quotes can add some levity to an otherwise serious topic while still teaching important financial lessons.
50. “Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.” – Thomas Edison
51. “Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people that they don't like.” – Will Rogers
52. “I made my money the old-fashioned way. I was very nice to a wealthy relative right before he died.” – Malcolm Forbes
53. “Money, if it does not bring you happiness, will at least help you be miserable in comfort.” – Helen Gurley Brown
54. “October: This is one of the particularly dangerous months to invest in stocks. Other dangerous months are July, January, September, April, November, May, March, June, December, August and February.” – Mark Twain
55. “Most people work just hard enough not to get fired and get paid just enough money not to quit” — George Carlin
56. “I’m tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money. I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.” — Shaquille O’Neal
57. “Money is not the most important thing in the world. Love is. Fortunately, I love money.” – Jackie Mason
58. “While money doesn’t buy love, it puts you in a great bargaining position.” – Christopher Marlowe
59. “If one is rich and one’s a woman, one can be quite misunderstood.” – Katharine Meyer
60. “People say that money is not the key to happiness, but I always figured if you have enough money, you can have a key made.” – Joan Rivers
61. “The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.” – Benjamin Franklin
62. “Money is a terrible master but an excellent servant.” – P.T. Barnum
63. “Money is like a sixth sense – and you can't make use of the other five without it.” – William Somerset Maugham
64. “My problem lies in reconciling my gross habits with my net income.” – Errol Flynn
65. “Money is the opposite of the weather. Nobody talks about it, but everybody does something about it.” – Rebecca Johnson
66. “A bank is a place that will lend you money if you can prove that you don't need it.” – Bob Hope
67. “Economists report that a college education adds many thousands of dollars to a man’s lifetime income – which he then spends sending his son to college.” — Bill Vaughn
68. “All I ask is the chance to prove that money can’t make me happy.” – Spike Milligan
69. “Money can’t buy happiness, but it can buy you the kind of misery you prefer.” ~ Author Unknown
70. “The safest way to double your money is to fold it over and put it in your pocket.” – Kin Hubbard
71. “Rule No. 1: Never lose money. Rule No. 2: Never forget rule No.1.” – Warren Buffett
72. “My formula for success is rise early, work late and strike oil.” – JP Getty
Quotes About Money and Love
Every part of a couple's life together is impacted by money. How a couple chooses to save, spend, and invest, often determines the things that they worry about, what they fight about, and even their happiness in the relationship.
Love and money don't always make the best bedfellows, but they are inevitably intertwined. Here are some quotes that encompass both love and money.
73. “Everyone wants to ride with you in the limo, but what you want is someone who will take the bus with you when the limo breaks down.” – Oprah Winfrey
74. “You can only become truly accomplished at something you love. Don’t make money your goal. Instead, pursue the things you love doing, and then do them so well that people can’t take their eyes off you.” – Maya Angelou
75. “You can give without loving, but you cannot love without giving” – Amy Carmichael
76. “To be rich in admiration and free from envy, to rejoice greatly in the good of others, to love with such generosity of heart that your love is still a dear possession in absence or unkindness – these are the gifts which money cannot buy.” – Robert Louis Stevenson
77. “Love lives in the humblest of places. It doesn’t matter how big your house is, how nice your car is, how big your bank vault is… it only matters how much your heart can hold.” ~ Kate McGahan
78. “The man who does not work for the love of work but only for money is not likely to make money nor find much fun in life.” — Charles M Schwab
79. “Do not hire a man who does your work for money, but him who does it for the love of it.” – Henry David Thoreau
80. “This would be a much better world if more married couples were as deeply in love as they are in debt” – Earl Wilson
81. “Probably the reason we all go so haywire at Christmas time with the endless unrestrained and often silly buying of gifts is that we don't quite know how to put our love into words.” – Harlan Miller
82. “Money is of value for what it buys, and in love, it buys time, place, intimacy, comfort and a private corner alone.” – Mae West
83. “Use money and love people. Don't love money and use people.” – Joseph Prince
84. “Let us not be satisfied with just giving money. Money is not enough, money can be got, but they need your hearts to love them. So, spread your love everywhere you go.” – Mother Teresa
85. “I read once that you need two things to be happy: any two of health, money, and love. You can cover the absence of one with the other two. But now I realize that is untrue, because health and money did not compare with love at all.” – Max Barry
86. “Try paying the bills with love. The idea I am trying to espouse is that you can have both love and money, and be rich and generous.” – T. Harv Eker
87. “Civilized society is insane. Money and so-called love are its two great manias; money a long way first. The individual asserts himself in his disconnected insanity in these two modes: money and love.” – D. H. Lawrence
88. “You can give without loving, but you can never love without giving.” – Robert Louis Stevenson
89. “Money can buy you a fine dog, but only love can make him wag his tail.” – Kinky Friedman
90. “The love of money and the love of learning rarely meet.” – George Herbert
91. “True lovers know how trifling a thing is money yet how difficult to blend with love.” – Honore de Balzac
92. “Everybody loves a thing more if it has cost him trouble: for instance those who have made money love money more than those who have inherited it.” – Aristotle
93. “Two passions have powerful influence on the affairs of men: the love of power and the love of money.” – Benjamin Franklin
94. “It's never too early to teach your children about the tool of money. Teach them how to work for it and they learn pride and self-respect. Teach them how to save it and they learn security and self-worth. Teach them how to be generous with it and they learn love.” – Judith Jamison
95. “Money is like love; it kills slowly and painfully the one who withholds it, and it enlivens the other who turns it upon his fellow man.” – Kahlil Gibran
96. “Love is worth so much more than money. There are so many people who are filthy rich, but have nobody to genuinely love them. Unconditional love is priceless.” — Suzy Kassem
97. “I can live without money, but I cannot live without love.” — Judy Garland
Did you enjoy these money quotes?
I hope you enjoyed these hand-picked quotes to give you more insights about money and how it impacts your life.
We don't often stop to think about wisdom shared by thought leaders and experts when it comes to finances because we're so busy with our day-to-day decisions related to money.
Write down a few of your favorites and keep them posted where they can continue to inspire and motivate you.
Will you spread the love?
There are millions of people around the world who could use some wisdom when it comes to money. Please spread the love and share this post with your friends and family on your preferred social media platform.