When you're interested in a woman, compliments about eyes are a charming way to move a conversation beyond trivial topics.
In the first stages of flirting, you don't have much information about her personality or accomplishments.
However, we can all see each other's eyes, and they are an acceptable physical feature to discuss.
If you want to know how to compliment eyes, it requires some forethought.
You must tailor your comment to the woman.
This thoughtfulness communicates that you noticed something specific about her.
- Is It OK to Tell a Girl She Has Pretty Eyes?
- What to Consider Before Giving Her a “Beautiful Eyes” Compliment
- How to Compliment a Girl's Eyes: 7 Things You Should Consider
- 1. Be authentic in your compliment.
- 2. An awkward pause in conversation can be an opportunity.
- 3. Look for nuances in her eye color.
- 4. Consider including her makeup in your comment.
- 5. You can mention her eyeglasses too.
- 6. Think about if her eyes remind you of a celebrity.
- 7. Plan a follow-up statement.
- 25 Sweet Eye Compliments that Will Make Her Smile
Is It OK to Tell a Girl She Has Pretty Eyes?
For the most part, complimenting a woman's eyes is a nice thing to do. Our eyes are out there for everyone to see and potentially appreciate. Saying something about her eyes is not inherently rude, but you must pay attention to the context or run the risk of being creepy.
A woman should indicate that she is somewhat receptive to conversation. Eye compliments do not succeed in every situation, but when they do, they produce rewarding reactions in the recipient, such as:
- Activating the place in the brain that responds positively to money
- Making the woman feel noticed
- Flattering her and making her feel appreciated
What to Consider Before Giving Her a “Beautiful Eyes” Compliment
Even the best eye compliments fail in their purpose when given at the wrong time or place. You need to judge the situation and the person to see if commenting on her eyes would be appropriate or effective. Consider these factors to increase your chance of success:
1. Look like someone she would want to talk to.
It’s not required that you have Hollywood good looks, but you do need to be presentable. You should wear clean clothes and be clean and well-groomed. If you're sweaty and smelly after a workout, it isn’t the optimal time to reveal your fascination with her.
2. Choose a suitable environment for speaking to her.
Women are regularly evaluating their environments for threats. She will not be receptive to you striking up a conversation at an empty parking lot at dusk.
Suitable places would be bars, parties, social gatherings, community concerts, libraries, school campuses, or sporting events.
3. Observe with the hope of making eye contact.
Creeps stare at their target. You need to observe the woman casually to see if she appears sociable. Glance in her direction periodically and consider her body language.
Does she appear closed off in her own world, or are her shoulders back, and is she looking around? If your eyes connect with hers, she might be receptive if she looks down shyly instead of looking to the side as if dodging contact.
4. Talk to people in her vicinity.
At a party or other social situation, mingle with people near her so that she can hear you talking. When you interact pleasantly with other people, you send out “social proof” signals that show that you are an acceptable person to talk to.
As you work your way toward her, you can look in her direction occasionally and convey your interest with your body language.
5. Hold eye contact when she looks at you.
When you find that a woman is looking at you, she may be interested in a conversation. Fight off your initial sense of nervousness and prolong the eye contact.
If that moment feels good, consider moving toward her and initiating a conversation. As you exchange introductions or other basic pleasantries, continue to observe her body language.
If she does not appear intent on retreating, say what you think about her eyes.
6. Don't force the moment.
Even if you're getting promising signals, things can fizzle quickly. Maybe you misjudged her, or she panicked when you spoke to her because she didn't think you would.
You might have to ditch your plan to make her feel good with a compliment. Blurting that her eyes are beautiful will not salvage the situation.
How to Compliment a Girl's Eyes: 7 Things You Should Consider
Meeting people to date or finding true love requires putting yourself out there.
You want to display your confidence and competence when chatting up a woman. To achieve your goal, think about these important elements.
1. Be authentic in your compliment.
You need to honestly believe what you are saying to her because she could very well pick up on insincerity. Think of some way to personalize your statement beyond a generic “beautiful eyes” comment.
Finding a way to make the compliment unique to her may reveal that you put some thought into what you said. This could make her feel special, especially if you say something that she has not heard before.
2. An awkward pause in conversation can be an opportunity.
A lull in conversation offers you a chance to bring up the romantic topic of how her eyes affect you. If you've been talking for a little while and start to struggle to come up with something else to say, this could be your moment to utter your compliment.
While looking in her eyes, you could say something like, “I'm admiring your eyes. They're one of the first things that I noticed about you.” Follow up the introductory statement with your specific compliment.
3. Look for nuances in her eye color.
Some people's eyes are a solid color, and some people have different shades of color throughout the iris. She may have a unique eye color, like hazel or amber, and you're not even sure what to call it.
If that is the case, you could ask her what color to call her eyes. That question is a perfect segue into an eye compliment. Once you're close enough to deliver a believable compliment about her eyes, don't rush the moment.
Let her eyes inspire you. Think about what is unique about her eyes and work that into your compliment.
4. Consider including her makeup in your comment.
She probably puts a lot of effort into it if she's wearing eye makeup and thinks it looks good. She might appreciate it when you acknowledge her cosmetic artistry.
Approaching the conversation from this angle lets you show interest in her and add comments about how her beautiful eyes make you feel whenever she looks at you. You might even add that you'd still think her eyes are amazing even without the makeup.
5. You can mention her eyeglasses too.
Many people wear eyeglasses out of necessity. You could observe that her frames look great with her eyes or appear sophisticated or stylish. She might like this because people typically invest time selecting their frames, and you would be affirming her decision.
If the conversation goes well, you might even ask to see what she looks like with the glasses off. This comment is an innocent little game that could let you enjoy more eye contact before sweetly complimenting her eyes.
6. Think about if her eyes remind you of a celebrity.
Most women can’t resist the flattery when they're told that they look like an attractive actor, model, or entertainer. If you go this route, you need to be realistic and accurate.
Ensure that she has a similar eye color to the celebrity and that a reasonable person would agree that her eyes are comparable.
If you've got time to prepare for the encounter, use your phone to skim through female celebrity photos to find a good match.
7. Plan a follow-up statement.
In general, an eye compliment should go well as long as she is receptive to speaking to you. Typically, she'll thank you or perhaps be surprised and say, “Really?”
Either way, you'll keep the good feelings rolling by knowing what to say next. A question usually works well, like “Do many people in your family have your eyes?” or “Can we talk again soon?” Unfortunately, if she rebuffs your compliment, you'll have to find a way to exit gracefully.
More Related Articles
25 Sweet Eye Compliments that Will Make Her Smile
To some extent, brown eye compliments differ from blue eyes compliments. Brown eyes generally create a sense of drama and emotion. Blue eyes are often compared to the sky, water, and jewels. As long as you're honest, any positive and thoughtful statement will work.
1. I forget myself when I look into your eyes.
2. I'm happy to keep listening as long as I get to look into your eyes.
3. Your blue eyes remind me of the Pacific Ocean.
4. Your brown eyes make me feel warm and safe.
5. I can see the whole galaxy in your eyes.
6. Your eyes are so cool you must never need air conditioning.
7. You could rule the world if everyone could look into your amazing eyes.
8. The compassion I see in your eyes gives me new faith in humanity.
9. The colors in your eyes are like looking into a secret, magical forest.
10. Your dark eyes are like a hot summer night full of mystery.
11. Your eyes look like they're made from pure topaz.
12. Every time you look at me with those sweet eyes, I melt.
13. I have a new definition of beauty after looking into your eyes.
14. Your eyes tell me that your soul has traveled the universe.
15. I dream of a better world when I look into your eyes.
16. This chance to look into your gorgeous eyes is an unexpected privilege tonight.
17. Your eyes attract me like two powerful and beautiful magnets.
18. No one else's eyes will ever compare to yours.
19. You have the eyes of a Goddess.
20. Your eyes are captivating and truly gorgeous.
21. I think your eyes are the most beautiful I’ve ever seen.
22. I'm in awe of the kind person I see in your eyes.
23. You must be descended from royalty because your eyes are the crown jewels.
24. The twinkle in your eyes is like looking at the stars over the desert.
25. Your eyes are like crystals with the future hidden inside.
Final Word of Advice
When you have a romantic intention, use a soft voice to compliment her eyes. A gentle tone implies intimacy and that you have special information to share with just her.
Even if the two of you don’t end up together, you’ve made her feel great with a compliment she’s sure to remember.