Finding the perfect Mother’s Day gift can be a challenge. How can you choose a gift that communicates the love and appreciation you have for your mother?
Many moms have all the material things they need, so you may want to offer something more meaningful than another scarf or “World’s Best Mom” mug. That’s when heartfelt Mother’s Day quotes can come in handy.
This special occasion gives you the opportunity to show mom (or other mother figures in your life) just how grateful you are for everything she has done for you.
Whether she’s your birth mom, a step-mom, a grandmother, or any other woman who supported you throughout your developmental years, this amazing woman will cherish your recognition of her efforts.
You can also share Mother’s Day wishes with other women in your life who are exceptional mothers, like a sister, friend, or co-worker.
Your mom will cherish a heartfelt message that communicates how much you love her and how thankful you are for the sacrifices she has made for you. Sharing quotes for Mother’s Day that have touched the lives of many other people is a perfect way to express your love and gratitude to your mom.
We want to share some of the best Happy Mother’s Day quotes that you can write in a card and give to your mom on this special day — or any day of the year that you want to express gratitude to your mother.
54 Happy Mother’s Day Quotes and Wishes for Moms
Happy Mother’s Day Quotes from Daughter
1. “Mothers are endowed with a love that is unlike any other love on the face of the Earth.” — Marjorie P. Hinckley
2.” One of the most important relationships we’ll have is the relationship we have with our mothers.” – Iyanla Vanzant
3. “In a child’s eyes, a mother is a goddess. She can be glorious or terrible, benevolent or filled with wrath, but she commands love either way. I am convinced that this is the greatest power in the universe.” ― N.K. Jemisin
4. “I couldn’t imagine owning beauty like my mothers. I wouldn’t dare.” ― Janet Fitch
5. “I do not tell you often enough, dear Mother, how very grateful I am that I am yours. It is a rare parent who would offer a child such latitude and understanding. It is an even rarer one who calls a daughter friend. I do love you, dear Mama.”
― Julia Quinn
6. “Our mothers always remain the strangest, craziest people we’ve ever met.”
― Marguerite Duras
7. “As mothers and daughters, we are connected with one another. My mother is the bones of my spine, keeping me straight and true. She is my blood, making sure it runs rich and strong. She is the beating of my heart.” ― Kristin Hannah
Related: 17 Good Karma Mother’s Day Gifts
8. “Mothers, I believe, intoxicate us. We idolize them and take them for granted… We can steal and lie and leave and they will love us.” ― Megan Mayhew Bergman
9. “Who ran to help me when I fell, and would some pretty story tell, or kiss the place to make it well? My mother.” – Ann Taylor
10. “A mother’s love for her child is like nothing else in the world. It knows no law, no pity, it dates all things and crushes down remorselessly all that stands in its path.”
11. “Because even if the whole world was throwing rocks at you, if you had your mother at your back, you’d be okay. Some deep-rooted part of you would know you were loved. That you deserved to be loved.” ― Jojo Moyes
12. “Someday when the pages of my life end, I know that you will be one of its most beautiful chapters.” – Unknown
13. “Mother’s love is peace. It need not be acquired, it need not be deserved.” – Erich Fromm
Happy Mother’s Day Quotes from Son
14. “It may be possible to gild pure gold, but who can make his mother more beautiful?” – Mahatma Gandhi
15. “A man loves his sweetheart the most, his wife the best, but his mother the longest.” – Irish Proverb
16. “There is no one who takes care of us as lovingly as our mother does. She is our living God.” ― Mohtasham Usmani
17. “Mama was my greatest teacher, a teacher of compassion, love and fearlessness. If love is sweet as a flower, then my mother is that sweet flower of love.” — Stevie Wonder
18. “A mother is the truest friend we have, when trials heavy and sudden fall upon us; when adversity takes the place of prosperity; when friends desert us…still will she cling to us…and cause peace to return to our hearts.” ― Washington Irving
19. “The only love that I really believe in is a mother’s love for her children.” ― Karl Lagerfeld
20. “My mother was the most beautiful woman I ever saw. All I am I owe to my mother. I attribute my success in life to the moral, intellectual and physical education I received from her.” ― George Washington
21. “I realized when you look at your mother, you are looking at the purest love you will ever know.” ― Mitch Albom
22. “Compassion is like mother giving love to her children. Mother’s ways are higher than others, even when everyone rejects, mother accepts with her arms open and wide.” ― Amit Ray
23. “If I have done anything in life worth attention, I feel sure that I inherited the disposition from my mother.” — Booker T. Washington
24. “A mother’s arms are made of tenderness and children sleep soundly in them.” —Victor Hugo
25. “Youth fades; love droops; the leaves of friendship fall; A mother’s secret hope outlives them all.” — Oliver Wendell Holmes
26. “My mother is my friend who shares with me her bread. All my hopelessness cured!Her company makes me secured!” ― Israelmore Ayivor
27. “Behind great men, children, companies or homes are some extraordinary women… Love compels a woman’s heart. Appreciation drives her commitment. Kindness fuels her strength. Compassion gives her courage. God gives her to you.” ― Carlos Wallace
28. “There is only one mother in this world who is the best one; the one that every kid has got.” ― Vikrmn
Happy Mother’s Day Quotes from Husband
29. “No man succeeds without a good woman behind him. Wife or mother, if it is both, he is twice blessed indeed.” ~ Godfrey Winn
30. “The most important thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother.” — Theodore Hesburgh
31. “It’s not easy being a mother. If it were easy, fathers would do it.” — The Golden Girls
32. “A mother is she who can take the place of all others, but whose place no one else can take.” – Unknown
33. “I ask you, what good is a big picture window and the lavish appointments and a priceless decor in a home if there is no mother there?” ― Spencer W. Kimball
34. “If I were asked to define Motherhood. I would have defined it as Love in its purest form. Unconditional Love.” ~ Revathi Sankaran
35. “A mother is a person who, seeing there are only four pieces of pie for five people, promptly announces she never did care for pie.” – Tenneva Jordan
36. “Motherhood is a choice you make every day, to put someone else’s happiness and wellbeing ahead of your own, to teach the hard lessons, to do the right thing even when you’re not sure what the right thing is…and to forgive yourself, over and over again, for doing everything wrong.” ― Donna Ball
37. “Happy is the man who finds a true friend, and far happier is he who finds that true friend in his wife.” – Franz Schubert
38. “To the world, you are a mother. To a family, you are the world.” – Semi Delicate Balance
Happy Mother’s Day Quotes for Friends
39. “The motto of a truly heroic mother: Hang in there, try, fight, fail, rise up and fight again, and win.” – Reed B. Markham
40. “Mothers hold their children’s hands for a short while, but their hearts forever.” – Unknown
41. “Motherhood is the biggest gamble in the world. It is the glorious life force. It’s huge and scary—it’s an act of infinite optimism.” — Gilda Radner
42. “There is an instinct in a woman to love most her own child — and an instinct to make any child who needs her love, her own.” ~ Robert Brault
43. “Most mothers are instinctive philosophers.” – Harriet Beecher Stowe
44. “A mother is not a person to lean on, but a person to make leaning unnecessary.” -Dorothy Canfield Fisher
45. “The phrase ‘working mother’ is redundant.” – Jane Sellman
46. “An ounce of mother is worth a pound of clergy.” – Spanish Proverb
47. “Mother is a verb. It’s something you do. Not just who you are.” – Cheryl Lacey Donovan
48. “She never quite leaves her children at home, even when she doesn’t take them along.” – Margaret Culkin Banning
49. “The heart of a mother is a deep abyss at the bottom of which you will always find forgiveness.” – Honoré de Balzac
50. “Any mother could perform the jobs of several air traffic controllers with ease.” – Lisa Alther
51. “Mothers and their children are in a category all their own. There’s no bond so strong in the entire world. No love so instantaneous and forgiving.” ― Gail Tsukiyama
52. “A good mother is irreplaceable.” ― Adriana Trigiani
53. “Behind all your stories is always your mother’s story. Because hers is where yours begin.” ― Mitch Albom
54. “Being a mother is an attitude, not a biological relation.” ― Robert A. Heinlein
What Mother’s Day Quotes Will You Share?
Hopefully, you’ll find some of these Mother’s Day quotes perfect for what you want to express to mom.
It doesn’t have to be Mother’s Day for you to celebrate your mother’s love. Remind your mom or another mother figure in your life why she is so important to you with these beautiful Mother’s Day sayings about what it’s really like to be a mom.
You don’t need to buy your mother expensive gifts in order to please her. A little bit of gratitude and love goes a long way for mom. Respect her opinions, acknowledge her efforts, and understand how much she cares for you.
Offering her these words of appreciation and giving her your love and attention is the only thing that she needs in order to feel special this Mother’s Day. If you can’t find the words to express to your mother how you feel, say it with these great quotes.