Dealing with inauthentic and manipulative people can be an exhausting experience, especially when it’s within your own family.
Our families are supposed to be the cornerstone of our lives, but sadly, many people don’t have supportive, caring, and trustworthy family members.
Their reality is far from the families depicted in many movies and TV shows.
When phony and deceitful people are your own flesh and blood, you don’t feel the sense of security and belonging that a healthy family should provide.
Distancing yourself from fake family members and hurtful relationships may seem impossible, but creating some separation is crucial for your well-being.
We’ve compiled a list of fake family quotes to help you navigate two-faced contradictory behavior with your loved ones.
67 Fake Family Quotes
We know that reading quotes won’t change your situation with fake family members.
But we hope these words of wisdom will validate your feelings and help you cope with the challenges of having these difficult people in your family.
1. “Fake families hate you when you are real but will love you with fake love when you conform to their wishes.” – Samuel Zulu
2. “The family is the nucleus of civilization.” – Will Durant
4. “Fear of something is at the root of hate for others, and hate within will eventually destroy the hater.” – George Washington Carver
5. “Honesty and integrity are the best revenge you can give to fake relatives.” – Samuel Zulu
6. “People who try to bring you down everyday aren’t important in your life, so you better treat their opinions as such” – Terry Mark
7. “The only thing more frustrating than slanderers is those foolish enough to listen to them.” – Chris Jammi
8. “Most people want to see you do better, but not doing better than them.” – London Mond
9. “Time passes and you begin to see, people for who they really are and not who they pretend to be.” – Scarlet Koop
10. “If you’re absent during my struggle, don’t expect to be present during my success.”- Will Smith
11. “Family is where you’re meant to be most free, don’t let blood chain you down.” – Michelle Meleen
13. “Real love moves freely in both directions. Don’t waste your time on anything else.” – Cheryl Strayed
14. “Conflict cannot survive without your participation.” – Wayne Dyer
15. “It takes two to quarrel, but only one to end it.” – Unknown
16. “It is not a lack of love, but a lack of friendship that makes unhappy marriages.” – Friedrich Nietzsche
17. “The best way to resolve any problem in the human world is for all sides to sit down and talk.” – Dalai Lama
18. “Pay no attention to toxic words. What people say is often a reflection of themselves, not you.” – Christian Baloga
More Related Articles
20. “A dysfunctional family is not a family at all, it’s a toxic relationship parading as a requirement.” – Unknown
21. “Family is supposed to be our safe haven. Very often, it is the place where we find the deepest heartache.” – Iyanla Vanzant
22. “You may feel guilty for leaving your family behind, But you’ll never regret moving yourself forward towards happiness.” – Unknown
23. “People wear masks of lies so that they look attractive, so be careful.” – Muhammad Saqib
24. “Some humans spend their whole lives making something that isn’t real look like something that is.” – Anna Banks
25. “Jealous family members can unfortunately drag you and your whole family down. So keep away from them as best you can for happiness and success.” – Unknown
26. “Make sure the lions you roll with aren’t snakes in disguise.” – Genereux Philip
28. “If your actions are dictated by who might be watching, they’ll never be genuine – and neither will you.” – Vincent H. O’Neil
29. “Pay close attention to the people who don’t clap when you win.” – Leonardo DiCaprio
30. “Feigned interest is worse than brutal honesty.” – Stewart Stafford
31. “Stay away from people who make you feel like you are wasting their time.” – Paulo Coelho
32. “Not all that glitters is gold when it comes to family members.” – Samuel Zulu
33. “Family suppose to help family, not watch them struggle and talk about them.” – Unknown
34. “Sometimes the person you’d take a bullet for ends up being behind the gun.” – Tupac
35. “Sometimes it’s not the person who changes, it’s the mask that falls off.” – Mhaj Porras
36. “Your loved one can turn out to be the worst enemy you will ever encounter in your lifetime.” – Samuel Zulu
37. “A fake family is worse than a regular fake relationship where blood relations aren’t involved.” – Samuel Zulu
38. “People only throw shade on what’s shining.” – Genereux Philip
39. “The worst part of success is trying to find someone who is happy for you.” – Bette Midler
40. “You can’t always go by actions because some people will ACT like they love you just to get what they want from you.” – Sonya Parker
41. “A dysfunctional family is any family with more than one person in it.” – Mary Karr
42. “Blood makes you related, loyalty makes you family.” – Anonymous
43. “Nobody wants to know how you feel, yet, they want you to do what they feel.” – Michael Bassey Johnson
45. “Someone who smiles too much with you can sometimes frown too much with you at your back.” – Michael Bassey Johnson
46. “There should never be a time you make time for people who waste your time.” – Carlos Wallace
47. “Some of the most poisonous people come disguised as friends and family.” – Unknown
48. “Blood doesn’t make you family. Some of the most demonic and demeaning people in your life share your DNA.” — Temi Ade
49. “It’s perplexing how family members claim their undying love for us. They can say whatever they choose, but their actions and behaviors don’t match their words.” — Dana Arcuri
50. “Just because they are your family doesn’t mean that they are your friends.” — Beverly Miller
51. “Controllers, abusers, and manipulative people don’t question themselves. They don’t ask themselves if the problem is them… they always say the problem is someone else.” — Darlene Quimet
52. “A toxic family is even worse than a toxic relationship.” — Rohan Chouhan
53. “All that fake and jealous family members can give you are lies, drama, and jealousy.” — Samuel Zulu
54. “Blood ties are not enough because a true family is built on love, acceptance, and honesty. Love, support, trust, self-sacrifice, honesty, protection, acceptance, safety, compromise, gratitude, respect, and loyalty are what makes you a family.” — Unknown
55. “If you grew up in a dysfunctional family, then there is really no hope for you to have a good relationship. That is another myth that we have to throw off so that we can get into what I call Reality.” — Gary Chapman
56. “It’s okay to cut ties with toxic friends and family you’ve got to prioritize your own well-being.” — Brenden Dilley
57. “You can love them, forgive them, want good things for them – but still move on without them.” — Mandy Hale
58. “Ending the toxic cycle within your own life isn’t easy. When you don’t come from a healthy family, you do your best to ensure a healthy one comes from you.” — Steve Maraboli
59. “The best revenge against toxic family members is not fighting back.” — Samuel Zulu
60. “I really hate two-faced people, it’s hard to decide which face to slap first.” — Yong Junhyung
61. “Some people can pretend to be the white sheep in the family but their hearts are black like charcoal.” — Samuel Zulu
62. “Some people think that the truth can be hidden with a little cover-up and decoration. But as time goes by, what is true is revealed, and what is fake fades away.” — Ismail Haniyeh
63. “Toxic people attach themselves like cinder blocks tied to your ankles, and then invite you for a swim in their poisoned waters.” — John Mark Green
64. “When they show you their true colors, kindly believe them and take action to avoid being hurt by them.” — Samuel Zulu
65. “Your enemies are not so far from you. They laugh with you; they give you advice and they eat with you. God exposes them.” — Gugu Mofokeng
66. “Calling this a family doesn’t make it a loving home; it just makes it a hateful lie.” — Unknown
67. In troubled families, abuse and neglect are permitted; it’s the talking about them that is forbidden.” — Unknown
Dealing with fake two-faced family members can be challenging and emotionally draining.
That’s why it is essential to prioritize your mental and emotional well-being by distancing yourself from negativity and building positive relationships.
Use these fake family quotes to provide inspiration and motivation to help you cope in these difficult situations while reminding you that you are not alone.
Prioritize your own happiness and surround yourself with people who uplift and give you the support you need.