You’ve been hearing a lot about the importance of unity — from different viewpoints.
But hardly anyone is articulating just what unity is exactly.
It was never meant to be a divisive concept.
The quotes about unity in this post give a clearer idea of what real unity is.
It’s not stifling dissident voices.
It’s not about uniformity for its own sake or about maintaining privilege.
These 35 inspirational quotes about unity reveal what it’s all about and why it should be a priority.
35 Unity Quotes to Inspire Harmony and Peace
1. “Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much.” — Helen Keller
2. “We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided.” – J.K. Rowling, ‘Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire’
3. “Coming together is a beginning. Keeping together is progress. Working together is success.” ― Henry Ford
4. “In order to have a winner, the team must have a feeling of unity; every player must put the team first — ahead of personal glory.” ― Paul Bryant
5. “We are each other’s harvest; we are each other’s business; we are each other’s magnitude and bond.” – Gwendolyn Brooks
6. “Build for your team a feeling of oneness, of dependence on one another and of strength to be derived by unity.” ― Vince Lombardi
7. “Remember upon the conduct of each depend the fate of all.” – Alexander The Great
8. “Unity is plural and, at minimum, is two. “ —Buckminster Fuller
9. “The deepest of level of communication is not communication, but communion. It is wordless…beyond speech…beyond concept.” – Thomas Merton
10. “We should attempt to bring nature, houses, and human beings together in a higher unity.” — Ludwig Mies van der Rohe
11. “Any unity which doesn't have its origin in the multitudes is tyranny.” –Blaise Pascal
12. “Unity is divinity, purity and enlightenment.” –Dr Purushothaman
14. “In necessary things, unity; in doubtful things, liberty; in all things, charity.” –Richard Baxter
15. “Never cut what can be united.” –Joseph Joubert
More Related Articles
16. “Unity can only be manifested by the Binary. Unity itself and the idea of Unity are already two.” —Buddha
18. “We must embrace unity, not separation – sharing, go back to small, caring communities. Unity, not separation, is what has to happen.” –Genesis P-Orridge
19. “We should always be looking for the unity in things instead of the differences.” –Genesis P-Orridge
20. “It is not in numbers, but in unity, that our great strength lies.” –Thomas Paine
21. “One of the main tasks of theology is to find words that do not divide but unite, that do not create conflict but unity, that do not hurt but heal.” —Henri Nouwen
22. “When day comes we step out of the shade /aflame and unafraid / The new dawn blooms as we free it / For there is always light, if only we're brave enough to see it / If only we're brave enough to be it” – Amanda Gorman, The Hill We Climb
23. “We must learn to live together as brothers or perish together as fools.” – Martin Luther King, Jr.
25. “The deepest of level of communication is not communication, but communion. It is wordless…beyond speech…beyond concept.” – Thomas Merton
26. “Unification is the plan. Grab your brother's hand. We shall all live to understand.” –Mario William Vitale
27. “Forever unity; perpetuating a wave of unconquerably triumphant solidarity; amongst every caste; creed; sect and color of the; marvelously diversified society.” –Nikhil Parekh
28. “Strength in bonded unity overcomes momentary individual vulnerability.” –Hubbs
29. “Unity is strength…when there is teamwork and collaboration, wonderful things can be achieved.” – Mattie Stepanek
30. “You don’t get unity by ignoring the questions that have to be faced.” – Jay Weatherill
31. “Only humility will lead us to unity, and unity will lead to peace.” –Mother Teresa
32. “A house divided against itself cannot stand.” –Abraham Lincoln
33. “Unity is a beast in itself. If a wolf sees two little boys playing in the woods on one side, and a big strong man on the other, he will go to the one who stands alone.” – Suzy Kassem
34. “Unity, to be real, must stand the severest strain without breaking.” — Mahatma Gandhi
35. “Seek unity and you will find neither unity nor truth. Seek the light of truth, and you will find unity and truth.“ — C. S. Lewis
Which of these quotes about unity speak to you?
Now that you’ve looked through these quotations on unity, which ones stood out? Which made the real meaning of authentic unity clearer for you?
Find a way to internalize your favorites, so you’ll remember them when you disagree with someone (or they with you).
Remember what it means to be unified for a worthy purpose.
Real unity doesn’t always get good press. But when you can recognize it for what it is (and isn’t), you can avoid giving its counterfeit a place in your life and relationships.