Sometimes, sending a message to a boyfriend means a lot more than a grand, expensive gesture.
They may try to hide it, but guys — even the macho ones — love to feel loved as much as the next person.
But ladies, we want to add a note of caution: use love texts sparingly!
Stop yourself before sending one to the guy you met last night. We promise it’s overkill.
Also, if your guy isn’t the mushy type, sending a long love message every hour on the hour may not be the best move.
The same goes for folks with high-intensity jobs that may not welcome the constant disruption.
- What Do You Say to a Man to Make Him Feel Special?
- How To Use These Long Love Messages for Your Guy
- 35 Long Love Messages for Him
What Do You Say to a Man to Make Him Feel Special?
We all love to be “seen and praised.” It’s not self-centered or shameful; rather, it’s part of the human condition. For better or worse, we all have egos that need tending.
So how can you nurture your man’s ego? One great way is to pat him on the back verbally.
What magic words have the power to “fuzz up” the man in your life? Of course, everyone is different, but here’s a short list of options that almost always work:
- I’m proud of you.
- I respect you.
- You’re a sensational lover.
- You’re so handsome.
- You are one of the kindest people I know.
- I love how you treat your family and friends.
- I admire your hustle and dedication.
- You make me feel safe.
- I’m so impressed with all you’ve accomplished.
Generally speaking, a lot of men like to feel strong, needed, and capable, so feeding into those instincts is a good start.
How To Use These Long Love Messages for Your Guy
Texting isn’t the only way to send long love messages to him. Also, consider:
- Leaving post-it notes around the house or in his bag
- Sending an email
- Leaving a voicemail message
- Writing a note on scented stationery
- Including it in a card
- Messaging on a private chat app
Notice that we didn't suggest posting it on social media.
We may be living in a more open world, but some things should remain a bit private – like these long messages for him.
And these days, coworkers and potential employers make a point to check out candidates' Twitter, Facebook, TikTok, and Instagram accounts. So it's wise to keep overly personal content offline.
35 Long Love Messages for Him
With caveats administered, let’s count down these love messages that will mean the world to your special guy.
Deep Long Love Messages for Him, Long Distance
1. You may be miles away, but you’re always close to my heart. I love you so much and cannot wait to see and hold you again! One day we’ll look back on this time and appreciate how it helped our love grow. Don’t lose faith, my love. We can weather this distance!
2. Common wisdom says distance is hard on relationships. But please know, sweetheart, that it’s no match for my love. Near or far, we’re an incredible team. Before you know it, we’ll be back together. Just think how wonderful that will be! Until then, know that I’m in your heart always!
3. I know you’re not the mushy type, so forgive me for a second while I gush about how much I miss you. We’re far apart now but will be together again. Remember: what doesn’t kill us makes us stronger. By the end of this separation, our love will be as tough as tungsten.
4. My grandmother always used to say there was a pot for every cover. Growing up, I didn’t believe her because everyone else had boyfriends, but nobody ever chose me. I was an outcast. But then you came along, and I knew my grandma was right all along.
5. We may be thousands of miles apart, but nobody can ever take your place in my heart. I know that today’s sacrifice is tomorrow’s comfort. Thank you for working diligently for our future. Your dedication means everything to me. I’m the luckiest woman to have a man like you by my side — whether near or far.
6. I’ll say it: Distance is a $%+(#! But we’ll make it through. Nobody else could ever compete with you. Every day is better knowing you’re in the world, loving me right back. I’m sending you every good vibe and ounce of love I can muster — because you’ve earned it!
7. I’ll be with you soon and promise to make up for all the lost time. Soon, we will build memories that will erase this time apart. When we reunite, I will show you how much I love you. But for now, understand that every beat of my heart is for you, and though we’re physically apart, you’re always with me in spirit.
Long I Love You Messages for Him
8. Do you know how much I love you? Heloise and Abelard have nothing on us. Rose and Jack pale in comparison! Amazingly, we found each other, and I feel like the luckiest woman in the world. You make me a better person, and I know we can weather any storm together.
9. I hate not seeing you during the day, my love. It's torture. But I suppose that's what makes the evenings so special. Thank goodness we're living together now! I love you so much, babe, and cannot wait to talk about our days over dinner — at our home!
10. Do you know why I have a terrible ache in my chest? My heart is pained because I'm away from you. I know in 50 years, when we're old and gray and watching the grandkids play, I'll still feel this way about you. You are my soulmate and best friend. I thank the heavens daily for bringing us together.
11. Can you believe we found each other? Sometimes I must pinch myself to make sure it's real. People talk about how difficult relationships are, but I'm afraid I have to disagree. With you, life is easy, sweet, and everything good. I'd rather spend a Netflix and chill night with you than do just about anything else imaginable.
12. I am so proud to be your girlfriend. I've turned into one of those women who brag about my amazing man. You're everything I've ever dreamed of: handsome, kind, generous, and funny. You even smell good! I cannot wait to run into your arms and stay there for hours.
13. I cried this morning thinking about how much I love you. Babe, you are a gift — a treasure. When you look at me, I melt. When you gently place your hand on my back, I swoon. Thanks to you, I finally know what true love feels like. Thank you for being exactly who you are.
14. As the song says, love is, indeed, “a many splendored thing” — and you've shown me how bright it can be. You are better than everyone who came before. I love spending time with you, whether we're hitting the town or cuddling up on the couch. I relish every second, my love.
Long Sweet Text Messages To Send to Your Boyfriend
15. Everyone else may see you as a tough guy and a man’s man, but I know the real you. Underneath it all is the sweetest person ever to walk the Earth. We’ve been together for a while, but you still give me butterflies and seeing your face brightens up any day, no matter how glum. Thank you for being my guy.
17. As far as boyfriends go, you’re the absolute best! There were times when I didn’t think I would find someone to fit me perfectly. And then you came along. We fit like a hand in glove, and even after all this time, your presence makes my heart go pitter-patter.
18. I was never the class beauty, and I never turned heads on the street. But then you came along and made me feel like the most beautiful person on the planet. You handed me the confidence I need to be my best self. You’ve made me a better person, and my gratitudeis endless.
19. We came into each other’s lives at precisely the right time. We’re two people who found ourselves and then found each other. But in some ways, you make me feel like a kid again! Life is brighter, lighter, and filled with joy with you around.
20. I’m unsure where all this is headed, but I know I’m having a blast with you. You’re fun and kind, and that sparkle in your eye drives me wild. I’m glad we met. The last couple of months have been amazing. Here’s hoping for at least a couple more.
Long Sweet Messages for Him To Make Him Smile
22. No, you may not be the best at doing the laundry, cleaning the bathroom, or emptying the litter. And lord knows you don’t know your way around the kitchen. But to me, you’re perfect in every way, and I am the luckiest human on Earth because you’re in my life.
23. When I was a little girl, my idea of a perfect boyfriend was a 6’2” blonde Adonis with sparkling blue eyes. When I met you, I realized my type was a more of a 5’9” nerdy guy with brown hair to match his brown eyes. I love you so much, babe, and I cannot wait to waste away the weekend hours with you! Only six more hours to go!
24. When I was young and dumb, I went for the bad boys. But now I know how blessed I am to have such a good man, like you, in my life. As Maria once said to Captain Von Trapp, “somewhere in my youth and childhood, I must have done something good” to be gifted with a present like you.
25. I cannot believe how quickly we’ve grown into each other’s lives. It’s almost like it was meant to be! Imagine that! It feels like magic. And I hope that we continue to walk the path of life, side by side, forever and ever.
26. You have the power to turn a lousy day around — or a frown upside down. I love your humor and intelligence, your kindness and grace. Life is a ball with you in it, and I hope we stay this way for a long time to come.
27. It’s been a few decades since we first met, and both of us have changed. But It warms my heart to know that we’ve managed to grow in sync. How’s that for perfection!? I love you, my sweetheart and best friend.
More Related Articles
Long Cute Texts for Him: Silly and Suggestive Messages for Non-Mushy Boyfriends
Lots of guys are indeed undercover sentimentalists. But then there are the dudes who don’t quite get the whole flowery romance vibe. And that’s OK! We love them, too!
If your man falls into this category, you may want to be more light-hearted, satirical, and, dare we say, “suggestive” with your long cute texts for him.
29. Babe! Look, I’m not going to sit here and tell you how thoughtful and gentle you are. Because you’re none of those things. You’re a full-on guy’s guy — and I wouldn’t have it any other way! As far as I’m concerned, you do everything just right.
30. I get it: mushy talk makes you uncomfortable. So I’ll mind my schmaltz. But as a matter of fact, it’s important that you know three things: you’re hot, you make me hot, and I cannot wait to get hot with you. Until then, hot stuff.
31. Tonight, let’s skip the drinks and dinner and get right to the main course. Meet me at my house at 7:30 p.m. I’ll be there, ready and waiting — if you know what I mean. After all, why waste money when we both know what we want, right!?
33. You bring the pizza; I’ll grab the beers. The [insert sports game] starts at 9:00 p.m. Cherry on top: If it’s not about the game, I’m not bothering you with it. How’s that for romance!?
34. I’m debating between eating food or you. Food has its merits, but then again, so do you.
35. As you know, I’ve dated a LOT of amazing men. But I’m happy to report that you’re definitely in the top 10, maybe even top five.
If you do it right, writing long love messages for him can spice up your relationship or even take it to the next level. Don't be afraid to show your loving side! Many men appreciate it more than they may let on. After all, everyone loves to feel loved!