If you have days, weeks, months, or even years when your confidence is low, please know you’re not alone.
Whether it’s circumstantial or chronic, low self-confidence impacts all of us at different points in our lives.
Even those born with a more positive personality type have times when they doubt their abilities or feel incapable of success.
Lacking faith in our abilities, our attractiveness, or our relationship skills is a common theme in human drama.
Self-confidence isn’t developed by escaping these difficulties, but rather it’s nurtured and strengthened by the way we respond to life challenges and how we view ourselves in spite of them.
The foundation for self-confidence is embracing your inherent value and capacity for success, even as you recognize you’ll meet challenges and failure along the way.
(Sidebar: Would you like to bump up your confidence and feel great in social settings? If so check out my online course sale that’s going on now!)
How Confidence Quotes Can Boost Your Self-Esteem
There’s nothing better than the feeling of kickass self-confidence. Not the self-absorbed, boasty, I’m-better-than-you kind of confidence (which really isn’t confidence at all).
I’m talking about the confidence that exudes from a certain inner knowing that you are capable, interesting, attractive enough, and worthy of love and respect.
- Confident people are able to be humble without appearing meek.
- They can admit mistakes without feeling like failures.
- They can have a beginner’s mindset without seeming like fools.
We all need confident sayings and quotes to remind us of this truth about ourselves.
We need something to jar us into positive confident thinking so we can retrain our brains to accept the truth about our potential to have unfettered confidence in ourselves.
Can Anyone Have Confidence In Themselves?
You don’t have to be wildly successful, the smartest, drop-dead gorgeous to have great confidence in yourself.
You just have to feel comfortable in your own skin.
“Easier said than done,” says you. “Not necessarily,” says me.
Yes, it does help if you are attractive, skilled, and have a naturally outgoing personality.
But these aren’t requirements for confidence.
Confidence is a skill that can be learned by anyone, even those who see themselves as shy, socially awkward, or unattractive.
In fact, have you ever noticed how a physically attractive person who is rude, narcissistic, or otherwise unpleasant or disengaged suddenly isn’t so attractive anymore?
Self-confidence is trusting that ultimately you have what it takes to be who you want to be.
51 Self-Confidence Quotes to Remind You of Your Greatness
1. “Always be yourself, express yourself have faith in yourself, do not go out and look for a successful personality and duplicate it.” ~Bruce Lee
2. “Don’t wait until everything is just right. It will never be perfect. There will always be challenges, obstacles and less than perfect conditions. So what. Get started now. With each step you take, you will grow stronger and stronger, more and more skilled, more and more self-confident and more and more successful.” ~Mark Victor Hansen
3. “Low self-confidence isn’t a life sentence. Self-confidence can be learned, practiced, and mastered — just like any other skill. Once you master it, everything in your life will change for the better.” ~Barrie Davenport
4. What you do makes a difference, and you have to decide what kind of difference you want to make. ~Jane Goodall
5. “Trust yourself. Create the kind of self that you will be happy to live with all your life. Make the most of yourself by fanning the tiny, inner sparks of possibility into flames of achievement.” ~Golda Meir
7. “The way to develop self-confidence is to do the thing you fear and get a record of successful experiences behind you.” ~William Jennings Bryan
8. “You either walk inside your story and own it or you stand outside your story and hustle for your worthiness.” ~Brene Brown
9. “I have gone ahead despite the pounding in the heart that says: Turn back.” ~Erica Jong
10. “It is confidence in our bodies, minds and spirits that allows us to keep looking for new adventures.” ~Oprah
11. “To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.” ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
12. “But failure has to be an option in art and in exploration – because it’s a leap of faith. And no important endeavor that required innovation was done without risk. You have to be willing to take those risks….” ~James Cameron
13. “Confidence is contagious. So is lack of confidence.” – Vince Lombardi
14. “People are like stained-glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in their true beauty is revealed only if there is light from within.” ~Elisabeth Kübler-Ross
16. “Argue for your limitations and, sure enough, they’re yours.” ~Richard Bach
17. “The courage to be is the courage to accept oneself, in spite of being unacceptable.” ~Paul Tillich
18. “You have brains in your head.
You have feet in your shoes.
You can steer yourself in any direction you choose.
You’re on your own.
And you know what you know.
You are the guy who’ll decide where to go.” ~Dr. Seuss
19. “If we all did the things we are capable of doing, we would literally astound ourselves.” ~Thomas Alva Edison
20. “Shyness has a strange element of narcissism, a belief that how we look, how we perform, is truly important to other people. ” ~André Dubus
21. “Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be?” ~Marianne Williamson
22. “Talk to yourself like you would to someone you love.” ~Brene Brown
23. “Embracing your true self radiates a natural beauty that cannot be diluted or ignored. Confident, powerful, untamable, badass you!” ~Steve Maraboli
24. “True beauty is the flame of self-confidence that shines from the inside out.” ~Barrie Davenport
25. “Trust yourself. You know more than you think you do.” ~Dr. Benjamin Spock
26. “You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, ‘I lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
27. “Each time we face our fear, we gain strength, courage, and confidence in the doing.” – Theodore Roosevelt
28. “Once we believe in ourselves, we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight, or any experience that reveals the human spirit.” ~E.E. Cummings
29. “Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence.” – Helen Keller
30. “Inaction breeds doubt and fear. Action breeds confidence and courage. If you want to conquer fear, do not sit home and think about it. Go out and get busy.” Dale Carnegie
31. “If you hear a voice within you say ‘you cannot paint,’ then by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced.” ~Vincent Van Gogh
32. “Confidence comes from knowing your competence but acknowledging it’s not solely responsible for creating your world. When you take that weight off your shoulders and realize that sometimes the twists and turns have nothing to do with what you did or should have done, it’s easier to feel confident in what you bring to the table. ~Lori Deschene
33. “While it may not seem so, if you are low in self-confidence, I strongly believe that you can do things to increase your self-confidence. It is not genetic, and you do not have to be reliant on others to increase your self-confidence. And if you believe that you are not very competent, not very smart, not very attractive, etc. … that can be changed.” ~Leo Babauta
34. “I have spent way too much time in my life worrying that I was doing my life wrong. But now I see that I can change. Right now. Right now I can be someone who assumes I am making good decisions. Because we each have to make decisions. So we may as well assume they are good. There’s not really anything else to do.” ~Penelope Trunk
35. “The most important step in building self confidence is simply to take action. Working on something and getting it done. Sitting at home and thinking about it will just make you feel worse.” ~Henrik Edberg
37. Power’s not given to you. You have to take it. ~Beyoncé Knowles Carter
38. When we speak we are afraid our words will not be heard or welcomed. But when we are silent, we are still afraid. So it is better to speak. ~Audre Lorde
39. Noble and great. Courageous and determined. Faithful and fearless. That is who you are and who you have always been. And understanding it can change your life, because this knowledge carries a confidence that cannot be duplicated any other way. ~Sheri L. Dew
40. I do not try to dance better than anyone else. I only try to dance better than myself. ~Arianna Huffington
41. Life is not easy for any of us. But what of that? We must have perseverance and above all confidence in ourselves. We must believe that we are gifted for something, and that this thing, at whatever cost, must be attained. ~Marie Curie
42. Sometimes, if you fake confidence long enough, you’re going to be confident. ~Elle King
43. Don’t you dare, for one more second, surround yourself with people who are not aware of the greatness that you are. ~Jo Blackwell-Preston
44. I’ve missed more than 9,000 shots in my career. I’ve lost almost 300 games. Twenty-six times I’ve been trusted to take the game-winning shot and missed. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed. ~Michael Jordan
45. Take criticism seriously, but not personally. If there is truth or merit in the criticism, try to learn from it. Otherwise, let it roll right off you. ~Hillary Clinton
46. You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. ~A. A. Milne
47. Confidence is key. Sometimes, you need to look like you’re confident even when you’re not. ~Vanessa Hudgens
48. “Confidence comes not from always being right but from not fearing to be wrong.” ~Peter T. Mcintyre
49. It is impossible to live without failing at something, unless you live so cautiously that you might as well not have lived at all – in which case, you fail by default. ~J. K. Rowling
50. It is never too late to be what you might have been. ~George Eliot
51. Remember, you’re not half of anything, you’re twice of everything. ~Viet Than Nguyen
I hope you enjoyed these quotes on confidence.
Which confidence quote did you find to be the most inspirational for you?
Would you be willing to send out some confidence to your friends and family?
Please share this list of confidence quotes on your preferred social media platform.