Looking for the right sentiments to include with an anniversary gift?
Maybe you’re finding it more difficult than usual to think of what to write in an anniversary card.
If you’re preparing a gift for a spouse, a parent, or someone else, why not include one of the quotes in this article to help you express your happy anniversary wishes?
The bigger your circle of family and friends, the more likely you’ll be celebrating someone’s anniversary before long.
We gathered 65 of the best quotes to share on these occasions.
65 Happy Anniversary Quotes
Whether you want to express just the right anniversary wish for your spouse, or you’re extending your best wishes to another couple, the quotes that follow will make gift-giving easier by helping you articulate your thoughts in a clear and memorable way.
1. “For the two of us, home isn’t a place. It is a person. And we are finally home.” — Stephanie Perkins
2. “What greater thing is there for two human souls, than to feel that they are joined for life—to strengthen each other in all labor, to rest on each other in all sorrow, to minister to each other in all pain, to be one with each other in silent unspeakable memories at the moment of the last parting?” ― George Eliot
3. “A good marriage is one which allows for change and growth in the individuals and in the way they express their love.” ― Pearl S. Buck
4. “Marriage is a beautiful relationship that unifies two individuals, binding them together through their commitment.” ― Jennifer & Aaron Smith
5. “Love is a partnership of two unique people who bring out the very best in each other, and who know that even though they are wonderful as individuals, they are even better together.” ― Barbara Cage
6. “The secret of a happy marriage is finding the right person. You know they’re right if you love to be with them all the time.” ― Julia Child
7. “Let there be spaces in your togetherness, And let the winds of the heavens dance between you. Love one another but make not a bond of love: Let it be rather a moving sea between the shores of your souls.” ― Kahlil Gibran
8. “The beauty of marriage is not always seen from the very beginning – but rather as love grows and develops over time.” ― Fawn Weaver
9. “Happy marriages begin when we marry the ones we love, and they blossom when we love the ones we marry.” ― Tom Mullen
10. “We would survive even ourselves, as long as we were together.” ― Hannah Lillith Assadi
11. “A successful marriage requires falling in love many times, always with the same person.” ― Mignon McLaughlin
12. “This is what we call love. When you are loved, you can do anything in creation. When you are loved, there’s no need at all to understand what’s happening, because everything happens within you.” ― Paulo Coelho
13. “A great marriage is not when the ‘perfect couple’ comes together. It is when an imperfect couple learns to enjoy their differences.” ― Dave Meurer
14. “In marriage, when we honor and celebrate each other, we’re freed up to be the best people we can be.” ― Drs. Les & Leslie Parrott
15. “Married couples tell each other a thousand things without speech.” ― Chinese Proverb
16. “Love grows more tremendously full, swift, poignant, as the years multiply.” ― Zane Grey
17. “Love does not consist of gazing at each other, but in looking outward together in the same direction.” ― Antoine de Saint-Exupery
18. “I knew you were the one when I realized your smile was my heaven, your laugh was my favorite song, and your arms were my home.” ― Steve Maraboli
19. “The secret to a happy marriage is if you can be at peace with someone within four walls, if you are content because the one you love is near to you, either upstairs or downstairs, or in the same room, and you feel that warmth that you don’t find very often, then that is what love is all about.” — Bruce Forsyth
20. “There is no greater happiness for a man than approaching a door at the end of a day knowing someone on the other side of that door is waiting for the sound of his footsteps.” — Ronald Reagan
21. “Love’s about finding the one person who makes your heart complete, who makes you a better person than you ever dreamed you could be. It’s about looking in the eyes of your wife and knowing, all the way to your bones, that she’s simply the best person you’ve ever known.” ― Julia Quinn
22. “You are my today and all of my tomorrows.” ― Lee Christopher
23. “Love is like a friendship caught on fire. In the beginning a flame, very pretty, often hot and fierce, but still only light and flickering. As love grows older, our hearts mature and our love becomes as coals, deep-burning and unquenchable.” ― Bruce Lee
24. “Marriage is not a noun; it’s a verb. It isn’t something you get. It’s something you do. It’s the way you love your partner every day.” — Barbara De Angelis
25. “There comes a time when a man and woman realize that their separate schemes can be better achieved as a conspiracy.” — Robert Brault
26. “The only way love can last a lifetime is if it’s unconditional. The truth is this: love is not determined by the one being loved but rather by the one choosing to love.” ― Stephen Kendrick
27. “There is no more lovely, friendly and charming relationship, communion or company than a good marriage.” ― Martin Luther
28. “Love is just a word until someone comes along and gives it meaning.” ― Paulo Coelho
29. “A happy marriage is about three things: memories of togetherness, forgiveness of mistakes and a promise to never give up on each other.” — Surabhi Surendra
30. “Every heart sings a song, incomplete, until another heart whispers back. Those who wish to sing always find a song. At the touch of a lover, everyone becomes a poet.” — Plato
31. “You come to love not by finding the perfect person, but by seeing an imperfect person perfectly.” — Sam Keen
32. “Chains do not hold a marriage together. It is threads, hundreds of tiny threads, which sew people together through the years.” — Simone Signoret
33. “The greatest marriages are built on teamwork. A mutual respect, a healthy dose of admiration, and a never-ending portion of love and grace.” — Fawn Weaver
34. “The greatest favour we can do our children is to give a visible example of love and esteem to our spouse. As they grow up, they may then look forward to maturity so they too can find such love.” — Eucharista Ward
35. “Love seems the swiftest but it is the slowest of all growths. No man or woman really knows what perfect love is until they have been married a quarter of a century.” — Mark Twain
36. “In all the world, there is no heart for me like yours. In all the world, there is no love for you like mine.” — Maya Angelou
37. “Once upon a time there was a boy who loved a girl, and her laughter was a question he wanted to spend his whole life answering.” — Nicole Krauss
38. “Marriage is a commitment- a decision to do, all through life, that which will express your love for one’s spouse.” — Herman H. Kieval
39. “A happy marriage is a long conversation which always seems too short.” — Andre Maurois
40. “The minute I heard my first love story I started looking for you, not knowing how blind that was. Lovers don’t finally meet somewhere. They’re in each other all along.” — Jalal ad-Din Rumi
41. “I love your feet because they have wandered over the earth and through the wind and water until they brought you to me.” — Pablo Neruda
42. “Marriage is a mosaic you build with your spouse. Millions of tiny moments that create your love story.” — Jennifer Smith
43. “Marriage is getting to have a sleepover with your best friend every night of the week.” — Christie Cook
44. “Forever is a measure of time used by people who share an ordinary love. Our extraordinary love is immeasurable … for us, forever just won’t do.” — Steve Maraboli
45. “Marriage is sharing life with your best friend, enjoying the journey along the way and arriving at every destination…together.” — Fawn Weaver
46. “Marriages, like a garden, take time to grow. But the harvest is rich unto those who patiently and tenderly care for the ground.” — Darlene Schacht
47. “Happy is the man who finds a true friend, and far happier is he who finds that true friend in his wife.” — Franz Schubert
48. “There is only one happiness in life; to love and be loved.” — George Sand
49. “Marriage has the power to set the course of your life as a whole. If your marriage is strong, even if all the circumstances in your life around you are filled with trouble and weakness, it won’t matter. You will be able to move out into the world in strength.” — Timothy Keller
50. “Grow old with me, the best is yet to be.” — Robert Browning
51. “For you see, each day I love you more. Today more than yesterday and less than tomorrow.” — Rosemonde Gerard
52. “What I love most about my home is who I share it with.” — Tad Carpenter
53. “As we grow older together, As we continue to change with age, There is one thing that will never change … I will always keep falling in love with you.” — Karen Clodfelder
54. “When I sleep, I dream of you, and when I wake, I long to hold you in my arms. If anything, our time apart has only made me more certain that I want to spend my nights by your side, and my days with your heart.” — Nicholas Sparks
55. “Nothing feels better than when you love someone with your whole heart and soul and they love you back even more.” — Karen Kostyla
56. “Marriage is a thousand little things that make up the sum of our vows.” — Darlene Schacht
57. “My most brilliant achievement was my ability to be able to persuade my wife to marry me.” — Sir Winston Churchill
58. “I love you not only for what you are, but for what I am when I am with you. I love you not only for what you have made of yourself, but for what you are making of me. I love you for the part of me that you bring out.” — Elizabeth Barrett Browning
59. “To find someone who will love you for no reason, and to shower that person with reasons, that is the ultimate happiness.” — Robert Brault
60. “Love is the condition in which the happiness of another person is essential to your own.” — Robert Heinlein
61. “If I know what love is, it is because of you.” — Hermann Hesse
62. “You will find, as you look back upon your life, that the moments when you have truly lived are the moments when you have done things in the spirit of love.” — Henry Drummond
63. “Marriage: Love is the reason. Lifelong friendship is the gift. Kindness is the cause. Til’ death do us part is the length.” — Fawn Weaver
64. “Love doesn’t make the world go round. Love is what makes the ride worthwhile.” — Franklin P. Jones
65. “Coming together is a beginning; keeping together is progress; working together is success.” — Henry Ford
Did you find the right happy anniversary quote to express your feelings?
I hope you found at least one quote that will help you express a heartfelt anniversary wish for parents, your significant other, or someone else you care about.
Words have power, and there’s nothing wrong with repeating the words of someone who has managed to articulate your thoughts more clearly and elegantly than you can manage in this moment.
You might think of something better suited to your situation later on, but when you’re pressed for time, don’t be ashamed to borrow from those who’ve struggled before you.
May your thoughtfulness and generosity influence everything you do today.