Have you played the “Never Have I Ever” game?
It’s a fun game that helps you get to know your friends and family better than you might want to!
When it comes to fun games, this one is easy to start and hard to beat.
All it takes is at least two people to play the questions game — but the more, the merrier.
How to Play This Questions Game With a Group
Sometimes known as a drinking game, you don’t have to drink alcohol to play — especially if you’re playing it with underage kids.
You can substitute with a non-alcoholic beverage, or come up with your own silly consequence.
Here’s what I mean:
Everyone sits in a circle, and each participant takes turns making a statement that begins with the words, “Never have I ever…” and finishes with something he or she has never done.
For example, “Never have I ever made a prank phone call.”
Any of the other players who have done that thing have to take a drink or take some other action that reveals that they have done it. Here are some ideas for consequences:
- Stand up and spin around three times.
- Lose a point (start with 10 points and leave the game when you lose 10).
- Put on an item of clothing from a pile in the center of the circle.
- Squawk like a chicken.
Whatever way you decide to play the game, it helps to have a ready supply of good Never Have I Ever questions.
Once the silliness begins, it gets harder to think clearly enough to come up with your own.
Keep the following list of questions handy the next time you and your friends want to have a little fun.
The game is over when you run out of questions, everyone loses their 10 points, or when most of the players agree to stop.
46 Never Have I Ever Questions
Never Have I Ever Questions for Kids
For kids, you’ll definitely want to substitute something else for the alcohol.
To make the game more fun for kids, the one who has done something the speaker hasn’t can explain how and why they did what they did or answer another question truthfully (posed by the speaker).
1. Never have I ever dropped Mentos into Coke or Pepsi.
2. Never have I ever stayed up all night.
3. Never have I ever had gum in my hair.
4. Never have I ever been called to the principal’s office.
5. Never have I ever played a prank on a teacher.
6. Never have I ever fed my dinner to the dog when Mom wasn’t looking.
7. Never have I ever performed in a talent show.
8. Never have I ever broken something of Mom’s/Dad’s and not told her/him.
9. Never have I ever been to Disney World.
10. Never have I ever played Pokemon.
11. Never have I ever been terrified of a theme park ride.
Never Have I Ever Questions, Funny
12. Never have I ever chipped a tooth.
13. Never have I ever made a prank call.
14. Never have I ever left my house without underwear.
15. Never have I ever laughed so hard my beverage shot out of my nose.
16. Never have I ever walked straight into a door.
17. Never have I ever asked someone when they were due when they weren’t pregnant.
Related: Fun Things To Do Alone
18. Never have I ever fallen asleep in church/a meeting.
19. Never have I ever accidentally sent an inappropriate email to my boss.
20. Never have I ever bought a children’s toy for myself, as an adult.
21. Never have I ever accidentally eaten a bug.
22. Never have I ever been chased by a dog/cat.
Never Have I Ever Questions for College
23. Never have I ever made money by performing on the street.
24. Never have I ever fallen in love at first sight.
25. Never have I ever had a paranormal experience.
26. Never have I ever been on TV or the radio.
27. Never have I ever forged my parent’s signature.
28. Never have I ever flirted with a person to win a bet.
Related: 17 Of The Most Fun Games For Couples
29. Never have I ever stolen something and gotten away with it.
30. Never have I ever dated someone I met online.
31. Never have I ever written someone a letter I never planned to send.
32. Never have I ever blamed someone else for something I did.
33. Never have I ever kissed a stranger.
34. Never have I ever been trapped in an elevator
Never Have I Ever Questions for Teens
Again, this shouldn’t be a drinking game for minors, so substitute something non-alcoholic and use your natural buzz to enjoy the fun of this game.
35. Never have I ever been out of the country.
36. Never have I ever met a celebrity.
37. Never have I ever made a wish at a fountain.
38. Never have I ever eaten something cold because I was too lazy to heat it up.
39. Never have I ever faked an illness to stay home.
40. Never have I ever lost my house key.
41. Never have I ever seen a cassette tape.
42. Never have I ever made a fake social media account.
43. Never have I ever been bungee jumping.
44. Never have I ever screamed during a scary movie.
45. Never have I ever toilet papered someone’s house.
46. Never have I ever been scared of clowns.
Ready to play?
While Never Have I Ever is usually a drinking game, it can be adapted to the players — their ages and their interests. Also, if someone is a designated driver, they can do something else in lieu of taking a drink.
The point of the game is to have fun, so keep it light and respect all the players.
Those who know they’ve reached their limit should be encouraged to stop and either switch to something else or withdraw from the game.
So, enjoy the questions, and may your honesty and compassion influence everything you do.