81 Smile Quotes To Boost Your Mood
Smiles are powerful.
Think of the last time you received a genuine smile that changed your mindset and made you feel lighter on the inside.
Maybe someone has even told you that your smile did that for them. In fact, research shows that smiling makes you appear more attractive and confident to others.
Even so, you might raise an eyebrow at the words “happy smile quotes.” Too fluffy? Kinda cheesy? Oh but read on please!
These quotes will not only make you appreciate the value of smiling, they'll also put a smile on your face.
81 Smile Quotes to Boost Your Mood
1. “What sunshine is to flowers, smiles are to humanity. These are but trifles, to be sure; but scattered along life's pathway, the good they do is inconceivable.” ― Joseph Addison
2. “Let us always meet each other with a smile, for the smile is the beginning of love.” ― Mother Teresa
3. “Smile, it is the key that fits the lock of everybody’s heart.” ― Anthony J. D’Angelo
4. “I was smiling yesterday, I am smiling today and I will smile tomorrow. Simply because life is too short to cry for anything.” ― Santosh Kalwar
5. “Smiling is definitely one of the best beauty remedies. If you have a good sense of humor and a good approach to life, that's beautiful.” ― Rashida Jones
6. “A gentle word, a kind look, a good-natured smile can work wonders and accomplish miracles.” ― William Hazlitt
7. “Your smile will give you a positive countenance that will make people feel comfortable around you.” ― Les Brown
8. “Life is like a mirror. Smile at it and it smiles back at you.” ― Peace Pilgrim
9. “A kind heart is a fountain of gladness, making everything in its vicinity freshen into smiles.” ― Washington Irving
10. “Smiling is one of our greatest defense mechanisms.” ― Asa Don Brown
11. “A smile will even make the darkest of clouds shine.” ― Anthony T. Hincks
12. “One smile in the morning can change your mood for the entire day.” ― Israelmore Ayivor
13. “A smile is the light in your window that tells others that there is a caring, sharing person inside.” ― Denis Waitley
14. “Always keep your smile. That's how I explain my long life.” ― Jeanne Calment
15. “Let my soul smile through my heart and my heart smile through my eyes, that I may scatter rich smiles in sad hearts.” ― Paramahansa Yogananda
16. “A smile is happiness you'll find right under your nose.” ― Tom Wilson
17. “Beauty is power; a smile is its sword.” ― John Ray
18. “Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.” ― Leo F. Buscaglia
19. “A smile is a curve that sets everything straight.” ― Phyllis Diller
20. “All the statistics in the world can't measure the warmth of a smile.” ― Chris Hart
21. “Remember even though the outside world might be raining, if you keep on smiling the sun will soon show its face and smile back at you.” ― Anna Lee
22. “Smiles are such a simple thing to give but means so much to many.” ― Tony Curl
23. “Always remember to smile and look up at what you got in life.” ― Marilyn Monroe
24. “A smile is the only infectious affliction everyone is encouraged to spread.” ― Omar Kiam
25. “If you find even the smallest way to make people smile, they’ll remember you more for that smile than for all your other fancy business-model stuff” ― Derek Sivers
26. “If you have only one smile in you give it to the people you love.” ― Maya Angelou
27. “If you really wish to contribute anything worthy to the world; offer your silence with smile.” ― Aditya Ajmera
28. “I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. ‘Tis the business of little minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death.” ― Thomas Paine
29. “Some of the most serious words are spoken through smiling lips.” ― Jeffrey Duarte
30. “Smile, it's free therapy.” ― Douglas Horton
31. “Smile at a friend, at a stranger, at an enemy, at life’s absurdities and the universe will smile back at you.” ― Carol Vorvain
32. “Strong people are the ones who can smile for others' happiness.” ― Veronica Purcell
33. “If you feel happy, smile with all your heart. If you're down, smile with all your might.” ― Paul Ian Guillermo
34. “Can you stop smiling when you see a smiling face? Infect everyone with your smile and love.” ― Debasish Mridha
35. “Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy.” ― Thich Nhat Hanh
36. “Wrinkles will only go where the smiles have been.” ― Jimmy Buffett
37. “When you see a person without a smile, give them yours.” ― Zig Ziglar
38. “I smile at every circumstance that comes my way because I don't expect life to be an easy journey.” ― Edmond Mbiaka
39. “Smile at strangers and you just might change a life.” ― Steve Maraboli
40. “Everyone smiles in the same language,
Happiness knows no frontiers, no age.
No difference that makes us feel apart
if a smile can win even a broken heart.”
― Ana Claudia Antunes
41. “A warm smile is the universal language of kindness.” ― William Arthur Ward
42. “I guess when you smile, it's just joy coming out of you.” ― Tom Hiddleston
43. “A smile remains the most inexpensive gift I can bestow on anyone and yet its powers can vanquish kingdoms.” ― Og Mandino
44. “Smile in the mirror. Do that every morning and you'll start to see a big difference in your life.” ― Yoko Ono
45.“The joy and smile of even one child is worth more than the prancing intellects of a thousand men, for we are, that we might have joy, and be free.” ― Bryant McGill
46. “The face of a truly happy man seldom lacks smiles.” ― Ogwo David Emenike
47. “Peace begins with a smile.” ― Mother Teresa
48. “A smile is a humble hidden treasure every man has been endowed with that does not reveal itself until it is called for.” ― Seyi Ayoola
50. “When kindhearted people smile, demons shrink and turn away as if tormented by the gesture. But when those beautiful smiles are made to fade, every awful creature in the world stands surer. So do yourself and mankind a favor and smile big whether you feel like it or not.”
― Richelle E. Goodrich
51. “The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection.” Thomas Paine
52. “Smiling has an effect upon your overall physical and mental health.” ― Asa Don Brown
53. “An intelligent person, looking out of his eyes and hearkening in his ears, with a smile on his face all the time, will get more true education than many another in a life of heroic vigils.” ― Robert Louis Stevenson
54. “Smile passionately, give thanks graciously, give generously, and love endlessly.” ― Debasish Mridha
55. “I remembered reading somewhere that if you smile at something, it automatically makes you happier.” ― Elizabeth Eulberg
56. “A smile is the most beautiful colour in the world.” ― Xingyun
57. “The secret to style is a beautiful smile.” ― Richelle E. Goodrich
58. “It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living.” ― F. Scott Fitzgerald
59. “A smile will go the mile, while a frown will take you down.” ― Anthony Liccione
60. “A smile is simply sunshine within that you just can't keep to yourself.” ― David Cuschieri
61. “When I look at your smile, I can see your heart. When I look at your heart, it makes me smile back.” ― Ron Baratono
62. “Wear a smile and have friends; wear a scowl and have wrinkles.” ― George Eliot
63. “You never know what another person is going through, and sometimes your smile might be something that makes a difference in their day.” ― Melanie Moreland
64. “A smile becomes you or perhaps you become you when you smile.” ― Margi Preus
65. “One candle is like a smile. One little light can start a whole fire. Smile at someone today.” ― Gail Thackray
66. “A smile is the best way to get away with trouble even if it’s a fake one.” ― Masashi Kishimoto
67. “Start every day off with a smile and get it over with.” ― W. C. Fields
68. “A smile has the potential
to speak many words
with just a small gesture.”
― Ruchi Prabhu
69. “It only takes a split second to smile and forget, yet to someone that needed it, it can last a lifetime.” ― Steve Maraboli
70. “Life is beautiful so it encourages me to smile. I smile at life to make it beautiful.” ― Debasish Mridha
71. “A smile, just like a moment of living consciously, can ripple out touching and changing everything in the universe.” ― Steve Leasock
72. “Smile is a good reply to the dark world.” ― Mehmet Murat Ildan
73. “Inspiration is sometimes as simple as a shared smile.” ― Amy Leigh Mercree
74. “A smile or a tear has not nationality; joy and sorrow speak alike to all nations, and they, above all the confusion of tongues, proclaim the brotherhood of man.” ― Frederick Douglass
75. “A smile is absolutely free to give but it's worth is priceless.” ― Heather Wolf
76. “No one is too poor to give a smile – a gift, often, of greater consequence than any sum of money.” ― Vironika Tugaleva
77. “To meditate, only you must smile. Smile with face, smile with mind, and good energy will come and clean away dirty energy. Even smile in your liver.” ― Elizabeth Gilbert
78. “Nobody needs a smile so much as the one who has none to give. So get used to smiling heart-warming smiles, and you will spread sunshine in a sometimes dreary world.” ― Lawrence G. Lovasik
79. “Just a smile from the right person can delete fear, cancel unhappiness, and even dissolve physical pain.” ― Doug Rose
80. “Laugh and smile for no reason at all. Giggle grins are a magnet for happiness.” ― Richelle E. Goodrich
81. “You'll find that life is still worthwhile if you just smile.” ― Charlie Chaplin
More Related Articles:
Are you smiling yet?
Now that you have 81 happy sayings to read and to share with those whose smiles have lifted you up, which ones stood out the most?
Here are some ways to help you remember your favorites:
- Have a mug or t-shirt created with a favorite quote.
- Write a favorite quote or two on your bathroom mirror (with dry-erase marker).
- Create a calendar with a favorite quote or quotes for each month.
However you choose to keep your favorite smile quotes handy, the whole point of doing so is to remind yourself happiness depends more on what you do than on what you feel.
And your smile could make all the difference to someone today.