67 Happy Friday Quotes To Kickstart A Great Weekend
Ask anyone who works Monday through Friday what their favorite day of the week is, and you can probably guess their answer (though there are exceptions).
For people with regular weekday jobs, Friday is the last workday of the week, with two days of fun and relaxation just beyond it.
And it’s not hard to find quotes about Friday that capture the relief and excitement that many of us feel when we’re looking forward to the weekend.
We gathered 51 of these Happy Friday quotes for your enjoyment. Take a look and see which ones resonate with you the most.
Happy Friday Quotes
1. “Some people say that Friday is the end of the week, but for me, it's only the beginning. Happy Friday, and say “Hello” to the weekend.” ― Anthony T. Hincks
2. “How can I not love Friday when all it brings is hope and happiness?” ― Jane Johnson
3. “Make a Friday a day to celebrate work well done that you can be proud of knowing that you just didn’t put in time to the next paycheck.” — Byron Pulsifer
4. “Happy Friday! May your weekend be full of adventure and cheer, and may the beginning of the next week be far away.” — Unknown
5. “I understand what’s it like to work all week and on Friday night just want to go and leave your brain at the door, buy some popcorn and be thrilled by something.” — Don Cheadle
6. “Happy Friday! Here’s to all of us who made it through another week of faking adulthood.” — Nanea Hoffman
7. “Spend some time this weekend on home improvement; improve your attitude toward your family.” — Bo Bennett
8. “The rhythm of the weekend, with its birth, its planned gaiety, and its announced end, followed the rhythm of life and was a substitute for it.” — F. Scott Fitzgerald
9. “It's Friday morning, mankind! Good vibe, don't frown and let the monster see you smile!” ― Napz Cherub Pellazo
10. “You know it's Friday when the weekend comes knocking at your front door.” ― Anthony T. Hincks
11. “Happy Friday Night Fam! Time to free yourself from worries and stresses and focus on all of your blessings! Spread love & be happy this weekend!” ― Tracey Edmonds
12. “Welcome to Friday. In preparation for takeoff, please ensure all negative attitudes are properly stowed. On behalf of your captain, Jack Daniels and myself, welcome aboard. I expect sunshine and good attitudes today for our trip. Enjoy the ride.” ― Unknown
13. “Love and life begins on Fridays.” ― Girl Zone
14. “Weekends welcome warriors for social fun that starts on Friday.” ― David Chiles
15. “I look forward to Fridays because I know I have spent the week offering encouragement, solace, assistance and good-will to everyone I have met through my journey.” ― Byron Pulsifer
16. “This Friday, finish your work and be done. Look forward to the weekend and have some fun!” ― Kate Summers
17. “Weekends don't count unless you spend them doing something completely pointless.” ― Bill Watterson
18. “I am always happy to meet my friend, and my friend is my weekend.” ― Debasish Mridha
19. “Without the weekend, where would the week be?” ― Anthony T. Hincks
20. “It's not that we spend five days looking forward to just two. It's that most people do what they enjoy most on those two days. Imagine living a life where everyday are your Saturdays and Sundays. Make everyday your weekend. Make everyday a play-day…” ― James A. Murphy
21. “I challenge you to let every day be a Friday. Give yourself permission to be happy every day.” ― Joel Osteen
22. “Happiness is a day called Friday.” ― Unknown
23. “No weekend, all weakened.” ― Toba Beta
24. “That which has been promised comes to those who look forward to Friday. These are the achievements made possible through perseverance and focus.” ― Byron Pulsifer
25. “Always take some of the play, fun, freedom and wonder of the weekend into your week & your work” ― Rasheed Ogunlaru
26. “Always strive to excel, but only on weekends.” ― Richard Rorty
27. “There will be a rain dance Friday night, weather permitting!” ― George Carlin
28. “When was the last time you woke up and realized that today could be the best day of your life?” ― Steve Maraboli
29. “When you're young, you should live out every weekend. Even if you look like a scarecrow, you just gotta go!” ― Jonathan Brandis
30. “Weekends are a bit like rainbows; they look good from a distance but disappear when you get up close to them.” ― John Shirley
31. “Friday is like a superhero that always arrives just in time to stop me from savagely beating one of my coworkers with a keyboard.” ― Rico
More Related Articles:
32. “There aren't enough days in the weekend.” ― Rod Schmidt
33. “Time to leave the stress from work, I have to welcome Friday with a happy heart. No worries, we are going to have fun.” ― Jane Johnson
34. “It's 4:58 on Friday afternoon. Do you know where your margarita is?” ― Amy Neftzger
35. “The weekends are too short for sleep!” ― Bryant A. Loney
36. “When you're single, your weekend days are wide-open vistas that extend in every direction; in a relationship, they're like the sky over Manhattan: punctured, hemmed in, compressed.” ― Adelle Waldman
37. “If you find you are stressed out during the week, then it is even more important that you focus on what you want to do for the weekend, don't bring work home.” ― Kate Summers
38. “Only Robinson Crusoe had everything done by Friday.” ― Unknown
39. “The weekend is a time for no's – no alarm clock, no rushing, no urgent phone calls, no working nights!” ― Catherine Puslifer
40. “It is bad luck to fall out of a thirteenth storey window on Friday.” ― American Proverb
41. “I believe that it is a mandatory Law of the Universe that on Fridays, you have to do something a little fun.” ― Hanna Rhoades
42. “Your hair may be brushed, but your mind's untidy. You've had about seven hours of sleep since Friday. No wonder you feel that lost sensation. You're sunk from a riot of relaxation.” ― Ogden Nash
43. “Good Friday morning all. Make it happen today, we all have choices to make. Make them count, no matter how small.” — Christopher Brisley
44. “In some way, Monday to Thursday are the hardest days, but the last day of the week someone feels they are close to attaining freedom.” ― Agnes Muchangi
45. “Happy Friday everyone! Forget all the bad things you've encountered this week and have a great weekend.” ― Unknown
46. “If you must have motivation, think of your paycheck on Friday.” ― Noel Coward
47. “You know you're doing what you love when Sunday nights feel the same as Friday nights.” ― Donny Deutsch
48. “Nobody wants to give up a weekend-long excuse to dress up and attempt to outshine one another.” ― Elizabeth Eulberg
49. “Happy Friday! You're responsible for the energy of your day. Remember, when you give off positive energy, you attract it! Decide to be happy!” ― Tracey Edmonds
50. “Without Friday, the weekend would be half over already.” ― Anthony T. Hincks
51. “Take the time to do what you love to do this weekend.” ― Catherine Pulsifer
Funny Friday Quotes
52. “It's always difficult to keep Fridays confined within themselves… they tend to spill over…“ ― Parag Tipnis
53. “It’s finally Friday, I’m free again. I got my motor running for a wild weekend.” ― George Jones
54. “When you leave work on Friday, leave work. Don’t let technology follow you throughout your weekend (answering text messages and emails) take a break you will be more refreshed to begin the workweek if you have had a break.” ― Catherine Pulsifer
55. “The only reason why we ask other people how their weekend was is so we can tell them about our own weekend.” ― Chuck Palahniuk
56. “Friday can be a hard day especially if you have not followed through on your commitments.” ― Byron Pulsifer
57. “You know what I want to do? Wake up one weekend and not have to go anywhere and do nothing.” — Derek Jeter
58. “This Friday, finish your work and be done
Look forward to the weekend and have some fun!” ― Kate Summers
59. “Friday your day and let the happiness shine through.” ― Anthony T. Hincks
60. “The way to relaxation and a period of time to recharge one's batteries, to spend quality time with family, is to leave Friday's issues and concerns on your desk and not on your mind.” ― Byron Pulsifer
61. “You always feel like your 18-year-old self in some sense. And that’s what walking through New York on a June evening feels like – you feel like it’s Friday, and you’re 17 years old.” ― John Darnielle
62. “The sun shines brightest on Fridays because it knows that the weekend is here.” ― Anthony T. Hincks
63. “When you are unemployed, weekends are seven days long.” ― Mokokoma Mokhonoana
64. “Don't wait all week for Friday so you can enjoy life. Find a job you love so you can enjoy every day of the week.” ― Catherine Pulsifer
65. “If you are an employer who looks forward to Mondays more so than your employees who look forward to Friday means that you have let your employees down.” ― Byron Pulsifer
66. “Friday has to be experienced at least once a week.” ― Anthony T. Hincks
67. “If it comes back, I think that Friday night is not a good night to be on.” ―Amber Tamblyn
Did these Happy Friday quotes prime you for the weekend?
The best Friday quotes remind you of how uplifted you feel when Friday finally comes.
You’re looking forward to relaxing or to spending your energy on your own pursuits (rather than someone else’s).
Or maybe you’re just looking forward to touching base with family and friends after spending five straight days immersed in work culture.
Whatever your reasons for loving Fridays, I hope you found some quotes worth saving and sharing.
And mug-worthy quotes like #38 (a personal favorite) can keep you smiling and motivated throughout the workweek.
May your creative energy and gratitude influence everything you do today.