Motivational quotes are great and all, but what if you know nothing about their sources.
If you don’t know what they’ve had to overcome, why should you listen to them?
Arnold Schwarzenegger’s personal achievements — combined with the challenges he’s faced to reach his goals — make him a positive role model for many.
And if you’re inspired by his example, these famous Arnold Schwarzenegger quotes may give you just the push you need to tackle your next challenge.
Famous Arnold Schwarzenegger Quotes
1. “Help others and give something back. I guarantee you will discover that while public service improves the lives and the world around you, its greatest reward is the enrichment and new meaning it will bring your own life.”
2. “It’s not what you get out of life that counts. Break your mirrors! In our society that is so self-absorbed, begin to look less at yourself and more at each other. you’ll get more satisfaction from having improved your neighborhood, your town, your state, your country, and your fellow human beings than you’ll ever get from your muscles, your figure, your automobile, your house, or your credit rating”
3. “I never felt that I was good enough, strong enough, smart enough. He let me know that there was always room for improvement. A lot of sons would have been crippled by his demands, but instead the discipline rubbed off on me. I turned it into drive.”
4. “The more knowledge you have, the more you’re free to rely on your instincts.”
5. “I do the same exercises I did 50 years ago and they still work. I eat the same food I ate 50 years ago and it still works.”
6. “Life’s six rules for success. 1. Trust yourself. 2. Break some rules. 3. Don’t be afraid to fail. 4. Ignore the naysayers. 5. Work like hell. 6. Give something back.”
7. “I knew I was a winner back in the late sixties. I knew I was destined for great things. People will say that kind of thinking is totally immodest. I agree. Modesty is not a word that applies to me in any way – I hope it never will.”
8. “You can’t climb the ladder of success with your hands in your pockets.”
9. “I didn’t leave bodybuilding until I felt that I had gone as far as I could go. It will be the same with my film career. When I feel the time is right, I will then consider public service. I feel that the highest honor comes from serving people and your country.”
10. “Bodybuilding is much like any other sport. To be successful, you must dedicate yourself 100% to your training, diet and mental approach.”
11. “I would never exchange my life with anybody else’s.”
12. “Learned helplessness is the giving-up reaction, the quitting response that follows from the belief that whatever you do doesn’t matter.”
13. “I don’t walk away from things that I think are unfinished.”
14. “Life may be full of pain but that’s not an excuse to give up.”
15. “To test yourself and grow, you have to operate without a safety net. Forget Plan B. If there is no Plan B, then Plan A has to work.”
16. “I was always interested in proportion and perfection. When I was 15 I took off my clothes and looked in the mirror. When I stared at myself naked, I realized that to be perfectly proportioned I would need 20-inch arms to match the rest of me.”
Arnold Schwarzenegger Movie Quotes
17. “Of course, I’m a terminator.” (Terminator 2: Judgement Day)
18. “If it bleeds, we can kill it.” (Predator)
19. “Consider that a divorce!” (Total Recall)
20. “Come with me if you want to live.” (Terminator 2: Judgement Day)
21. “If revenge is a dish best cold… then put on your Sunday’s finest, it’s time to feast!” (Batman and Robin)
22. “Get to the chopper!” (Predator)
23. “Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women.” (Conan, the Barbarian)
24. “Hey, you want to be a farmer? Here’s a couple of acres.” (Last Action Hero)
25. “I need your clothes, your boots, and your motorcycle.” (Terminator 2: Judgement Day)
26. “What killed the dinosaurs? The ice age!” (Batman and Robin)
27. “Can’t live with them. Can’t live without them.” (The Running Man)
28. “You’re a funny guy, Sully, I like you. That’s why I’m going to kill you last.” (Commando)
Funniest Arnold Schwarzenegger Quotes
29. “Money doesn’t make you happy. I now have $50 million but I was just as happy when I had $48 million.”
30. “The funny thing about it is, whenever I say a line, we don’t have the foggiest idea if that will be repeated.”
31. “It was the most difficult decision in my life – except the one in 1978 when I decided to get a bikini wax.” (on his decision to run for governor of California)
32. “I’m not really the crying type.”
33. “This guy owes me bacon now… you can’t have egg without bacon.” (after being pelted with an egg at a political rally)
34. “We made, actually, history, because it was the first time ever that doctors could prove that a lifelong Republican has a heart.” (after undergoing heart surgery in 1997)
35. “I’m no Frank Sinatra. The only time I sing in real life is at the end of a party when I want the guests to leave.”
36. “In those you howl for two hours and you feel like you get a six-pack of ab muscles from all the laughs!” (on watching Will Ferrell movies)
37. “I came to America, won Mr. Universe, and now I’m in the movies.”
38. “I never left the house without $1000 in cash and a no-limit credit card.”
39. “In an entertainment interview, you could just make up stuff!”
Best Arnold Schwarzenegger One Liners
40. “A predator in a city is a bad idea.”
41. “I associate glasses with intellectuals.”
42. “I aimed to be a leader someday.”
43. “I always saw myself as a citizen of the world.”
44. “The applause of a crowd made me stronger.”
45. “If you get muscles, you can go to the beach and pick up girls.”
46. “You need to be your own trainer.”
47. “Americans love foreign names.”
48. “It’s great to have someone to go home to.”
49. “Love stories are built around people’s idiosyncrasies.”
50. “I liked getting swept up into a cloud of celebs.”
51. “Staying on top of the hill is harder than climbing it.”
52. “I like to always wander in like a puppy.”
53. “If you let ego show through, you’re put in your place.”
More Related Articles:
Did you enjoy these Arnold Schwarzenegger quotes?
The best Arnold Schwarzenegger quotes for you are the ones that help you make sense of the challenges you face so you can meet them head on.
After all, it’s not enough that we’ve given you 53 famous Arnold Schwarzenegger quotes.
If they don’t help you eliminate your obstacles and reach your goals, they’re just words.
On the other hand, even when you focus on the best quotes from this collection, it’s up to you to make them life-changing.
May you draw from these quotes what you need and do what is necessary to change your life for the better.
And may your words and example inspire others to do the same.